Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:16:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin: Mithril Edition update V 1.0.4 (2216) Update 20/Jul/14  (Read 26433 times)
MithrilMan (OP)

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 12:13:26 AM

Time has come!
I've just released Huntercoin: Mithril Edition RTD (readonly tech demo)
here's the link: http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin

follow instruction and read the Getting Started guide
If you have problem, there is a link to a support forum, i'll try to do my best to reply

disclaimer:
no responsability, this version is in readonly mode so doesn't do any action on wallet, it just query data, but to be safe, update your wallet (something that you should do periodically even on standard client)

Hope you like my effort to give the community an alternative client, more about my future plan will follow
If i had money to spend, i'd buy HUC now, damn, i think i'm the only one with no btc wallet yet Cheesy (tbh i've one, with 0.003 btc lol)

if you want to support the development of the client, you can donate something or wait to hear about my future plan (closed full client beta, advanced features, etc...)

My first goal now is to give a playable client and some help to fight bots having more insight and control over the game world

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 01:55:06 AM

YAY!!! Grin

I can't wait to for all of this, and the waiting is almost over!

sorji

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:39:34 AM

@MithrilMan:Nice Work, let's donate when the client is ready

My poor support with 15 HUC donation, thanks again 
MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 11:01:46 AM

@MithrilMan:Nice Work, let's donate when the client is ready

My poor support with 15 HUC donation, thanks again 

every contribution is a brick in the wall, ty Smiley

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 12:56:53 PM

how to test the client on testnet:

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=24.0

MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 03:50:03 PM

doesn't work on windows 8.1 . Sad  I tryed all methods to open it...

I'll try to find a windows 8 machine to test it
what errors did you have?
did you installed pre requisites?

MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:33:20 PM

doesn't work on windows 8.1 . Sad  I tryed all methods to open it...

I've installed prerequisites, my client and run without problem on a windows 8 Pro, but i was behind blinded firewall and couldn't test blockchain download, but the game started fine

please give me more info about what's going on your pc
P.S.
try to "Run as administrator" and be sure your firewall didn't block used port (look RPC Address in the settings)
first time you run, windows should ask if you allow the program to use that port, if you misclicked you can find that settings in your firewall settings

MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 02:45:28 AM

Client updated (not an April fool)
http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/Download

since now, client is hosted on my web hosting space

Fixed some bugs about hunter selection and path drawing
Improved map drawing (more readable coin values)
Added toggable names under hunters (press CTRL + N)

kNuu

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:11:36 AM

Have begun to experience a read-only version, information rich, convenient operation, looking forward to the official version, recommendations can increase some shortcuts in the operation
MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 09:47:10 AM

Suggested that the increase in map quickly identify their military shortcuts, such as the use of small squares on the map marked

Sorry but i didn't understand the request, what do you mean?

kNuu

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:56:28 AM

Suggested that the increase in map quickly identify their military shortcuts, such as the use of small squares on the map marked

On the square, distinguish between I and others,High luminance representation
MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 01:05:33 PM

On the square, distinguish between I and others,High luminance representation

Ok i've understood what you mean, i already noticed that and i'll add some visual improvements (like the ability to remove from map all other units, etc...)

MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 11:53:23 PM

hey, check out the video of the updated version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6uRa-QSGb0

here you can see Pie Menu in action, with improved visibility features
you can toggle almost any visible information, and if you hide all hunters color, it doesn't affect your hunters, so could be useful to know where our troops are located

and it's followed by the client update!

08 April 2014
Client updated

Changes:
  • When client minimize, it goes to systray area
  • Added close confirm dialog, preventing unwanted exit
  • Added Pie Menu (right click on the map to see) that will be used a lot, at this stage i've added some shortcut and a nice Eye that open another menu where you can toggle many visibility
    features on/off
  • Added translucent selection, if you click over a tree and something is behind, you can see through

kulakowka

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:03:34 PM

MithrilMan, when it is possible to wait for a working client? and it seems to me that the release is already very long.

regard to functional client, it is very lacking illumination their hunters! It was also nice if it was possible to enable or disable the workers hunters.

When you click on ozitnika nick in the list, it is marked on the map is very small square, which is very slightly noticeable. It would be nice if desired ohtnik increased on the map.

MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 06:30:30 PM

MithrilMan, when it is possible to wait for a working client? and it seems to me that the release is already very long.

well, i'm putting already a lot of effort on this client and i've no fund to speed up things
no donations of course doesn't help at all

Soon i'll start with a closed beta, but i need time to set up all necessary stuff to manage it (and it include a website, that i've already partially created)
Being this a one man work, i really don't feel "and it seems to me that the release is already very long." a right sentence

regard to functional client, it is very lacking illumination their hunters! It was also nice if it was possible to enable or disable the workers hunters.

how would you like it to be highlighted?
I've just added a pie menu where you can remove all hunters excepting yours, have you tried it? i'll bind that to a keyboard shortcut (like CTRL+P or other combo)
If you have alternative ideas tell me
And what do you mean with "It was also nice if it was possible to enable or disable the workers hunters?"
explain me and i'll add that feature if it's useful

When you click on ozitnika nick in the list, it is marked on the map is very small square, which is very slightly noticeable. It would be nice if desired ohtnik increased on the map.

you mean having a bigger hunter drawn when selected?
or zoom-in over his position?

anyway i've some idea about putting an animated arrow over selected hunter

RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 07:17:28 PM

hey, check out the video of the updated version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6uRa-QSGb0

here you can see Pie Menu in action, with improved visibility features
you can toggle almost any visible information, and if you hide all hunters color, it doesn't affect your hunters, so could be useful to know where our troops are located

and it's followed by the client update!

08 April 2014
Client updated

Changes:
  • When client minimize, it goes to systray area
  • Added close confirm dialog, preventing unwanted exit
  • Added Pie Menu (right click on the map to see) that will be used a lot, at this stage i've added some shortcut and a nice Eye that open another menu where you can toggle many visibility
    features on/off
  • Added translucent selection, if you click over a tree and something is behind, you can see through

The vid is excellent! Smiley

Sounds like you're working your ass off there!

Darkwin

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:20:39 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2018, 04:39:28 PM by Darkwin

Either way i hope this is a second chance to recuperate.
MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 12:04:35 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 12:17:55 AM by MithrilMan

blue arrow (animated) on own player selection
orange arrow (animated) on target cell selection
the size of the arrow is constant so even if you zoom out the map, it will be clearly visible

This update will be available on next client update, not available atm
soon i'll open subscription to the closed beta where where the client will be fully playable, still waiting name_list RPC fix, meanwhile i'll fix some minor issue i've found and setup website space to subscribe for closed beta

to adhere to the closed beta you'll have to subscribe to a page giving an HUC address that you'll have to use to send the fee required, i've still to figure out if it's enough, if not i may ask an email address but i'd like to keep it anonymous, what do you think about it?

(thinking about it. email could be useful to recover the account password and to change bounded HUC address, so i think should be needed)

MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:09:11 AM

Implemented progressive path composition!!

using pie menu or clicking CTRL+Mouse Right Click, you can build a composite path, this will allow you to set cumulative destination in one transaction (e.g. you can send your hunter at spawn and back, in a single transaction)

(this is a full featured client features and will be available, with all other full stuffs, to members of the closed beta that will be announced soon)

kulakowka

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:09:09 PM

the size of the arrow is constant so even if you zoom out the map, it will be clearly visible

and I think it's better that the arrows fell at increased zoom map

MithrilMan, Tomorrow I'm going to create a few thousand generals to destroy bots and restore balance in the game. I would have helped al working client is willing to sacrifice some amount of HUC. If you agree to help me, you can send me your terms in private messages. Simple to manage several thousand generals, standard client is extremely difficult.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: