Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:22:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is CMC still safe at all ??  (Read 22977 times)
SplitBirb
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 11

🐦

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 08:05:28 PM

I prefer to use CoinGecko.com. They have a better algorithm which takes into account social activity, GitHub activity, volume and more statistics. If anyone knows any other good CMC alternatives please share.  Smiley

🐦 Find me on Twitter @SplitBirb 🐦

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aniwura

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:34:22 PM

If there are alternatives they can then be used instead sticking to just one might not be the best. It works for me and if it works for other, I think the that there is nothing wrong in using it
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:52:41 PM

CoinMarketCap is not safe make sure to do your do diligence before investing in to any altcoin. I normally used  coincodex for my own coin research to find all the necessary information about a particular coin.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
johnleo

Activity: 1414
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 03:41:53 AM

I think cmc still useful for simple and first overview but in the end the real value is in the exchange market. I usually check my asset from there every time I turn on my pc, check the new listing and etc, maybe they are not accurate but their link always fastest shortcut to info of any coin.
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 09:38:47 AM

Coin Market Cap (CMC) doesn't have to verify the authenticity of projects before listing it. And it's hard to tell if the ICO is a legit or scam. This should be done by each person or investors independently.

I think this points to inform every crypto currency investors that
Not even cmc or icobench or ico rating webpages cares about the authenticity of any project anymore

Once they get the payment, it is left for investors to decide what best they want to do
Let’s be smart this 2019
lizarder

Activity: 1554
Merit: 877

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:02:19 AM

actually coinmarketcap often has a problem that is very excited when coinmarketcap has an issue about price manipulation in some exchanges but now the issue is over, if I use coinmarketcap only as a medium to monitor the price difference in some exchanges although sometimes it is often different from the results after entering the exchanger

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
TheCrimsonFucker

Activity: 617
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:33:42 AM

For some months now I have the impression that they are trying to hide and make people forget the real projects, be they tokens or coins! Historical coins, even if without volume, are being removed and there are designs of volumes obtained through robots in abudance! This generation that likes stablecoin or in practice, Dollar coin, will be the same who will cry for losing the opportunities of the century! Wait and see.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 01:13:55 AM

You are the only one who posted this, they are 100% safe and I have been using this from the start, and it really helped me to analyze all the coins that I've promoted and invested in, if you look the other way, then it's you who have the problem here not coinmarketcap.
JeBro

Activity: 714
Merit: 10

Living is easy with eyes closed ...

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:15:10 PM

CoinMarketCap only reflects tokens traded on various crypto exchanges with a volume of at least $ 50,000 per day. Therefore, you should not completely trust this resource. To invest more safely and purposefully, you should study the token and the project behind it more carefully than just keeping track of the statistics in the CMC.

powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:40:21 PM

CMC is the best place to get informed about the coins. Are all the information accurate ? They are certainly not. There are many fake volumes represented on on CMC what are produced by bots on the exchanges. I do not think that CMC should verify the projects, there should be a separate regulatory body for that.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:44:29 PM

CMC is not an exchange or investment process. But we have to be careful about coins, their charts, and volume in CMC. Because it is very easy to manipulate Coinmarketcap rank. That's why many scams or almost scam coins still have some volume! Nowadays, many exchanges are listed on top 50 shortlist but most of them have fake volume and fake buy-sell wall! So, CMC is not 100% trustable!

Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 06:02:18 AM

Yes coinmarketcap needs to remove all the shitcoins from their websites which don't have volumes on the exchange. Also they have errors on their platform about few coins which have wrong volumes like TCH,THR etc. Coinmarketcap don't have the android & ios app hopefully they will launch soon, till the time i am using coinlib as alternative to coinmarketcap.
https://coinlib.io/

LUGHUL

Activity: 387

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 06:30:27 AM

For me Coinmarketcap is only for tracking prices of several tokens. And I also don't agree if coinmarketcap is used as a reference, good or not a project. Coinmarketcap only provides information about listed tokens or coins such as price, volume and total supply.

▼ mindsync.ai ▼
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
△ Join now △
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 06:33:43 AM

See CoinmarketCap is just for reference and not for buying the coin, we need to research the coin before investing in it. You will see price charts in CMC but we don't potential they are if we don't follow their specified channels in the market.
Suwycu

Activity: 350

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 06:40:29 AM

Maybe it is, but there are no other sites as far as I know, so there’s nothing to choose from!

█ ▌   FABA  |  https://vc.fabainvest.com/   ▐ █   ICO-sale has started⚫══ POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING ══⚫
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 07:34:53 AM

You are right and some projects hasn't even find there way to cmc yet but I still think CMC stands out among the rest ,it gives the complete lists of all cryptos excluding the ones that hasn't been listed yet,its still the best

martabaktelor

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 07:54:34 AM

Yes, many coins from CMC failed and of course, this made many people afraid to invest. I personally consider CMC to be an illustration only for consideration before I buy a coin. And I think the safest is the top 10 coins.
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:14:02 AM

It is recommendable to look at the coin in coinmarketcap and visit the link because it is more safer than searching. We cannot blame coinmarketcap why still there are dead coins listed in it because it is part of the deal. Business agenda won't be cut unless the contract is just one year listed plan of the coin. Nobody's perfect including coinmarketcap. Let us not be one sided person. Good to have coinmarketcap to look at the interesting coins price.
sergei1703

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:26:05 AM

Why Coinmarketcap shouldn't be safe? It is just a website with the prices of the cryptocurrencies and their trading volume. No scam here Roll Eyes
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:33:23 AM

Based on my own definition, "I see CMC as crypto display screen." It is a site meant to give you information of coins that are listed on it. If does not screen these coins whether they are scam or not. So it it left for you that is investing in those coins, to do your own research and be sure you are going for a coin of your choice and that will not cause you any firm of loss.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: