Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:36:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing In ICO's vs Investing AFTER The ICO  (Read 7309 times)
overnight03

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 03:26:23 PM

Investing after ico seems to be a good idea but the failure rate is still very high because if the project is good, its price will increase after listing on the floor, rarely it falls and then increases.

incomefromcoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 03:43:13 PM

Looking at the present market condition it is better to invest after ico rather than before ico the main reason is once the coin is listed we can expect price drop then we can accumulate more coins
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 03:49:34 PM

Almost 90+% of all coins are "after ICO" levels right now, there are few coins that are on ICO right now.

It means the most common investments are made towards coins that are after ICO which still gives you profits no matter what. When people bought bitcoin (which never had any ICO) or ETH (neither did ETH) do they invest into ICO or do they invest into a regular coin? They still do make decent amount of return and know that they will not be scammed and coin founders won't leave (well satoshi kinda left anyway) so that means if bitcoin and ETH is still decent options than investing after the ICO is still valid.

Even investing right after ICO when it gets listed and everyone sells their coins dropping the price a lot is the perfect moment for it since you will be capable of buying it very cheap and have the advantage of knowing the project continues and thrives instead of investing while project only had one website.
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 03:54:57 PM

Almost 90+% of all coins are "after ICO" levels right now, there are few coins that are on ICO right now.

It means the most common investments are made towards coins that are after ICO which still gives you profits no matter what. When people bought bitcoin (which never had any ICO) or ETH (neither did ETH) do they invest into ICO or do they invest into a regular coin? They still do make decent amount of return and know that they will not be scammed and coin founders won't leave (well satoshi kinda left anyway) so that means if bitcoin and ETH is still decent options than investing after the ICO is still valid.

Even investing right after ICO when it gets listed and everyone sells their coins dropping the price a lot is the perfect moment for it since you will be capable of buying it very cheap and have the advantage of knowing the project continues and thrives instead of investing while project only had one website.
Actually, you are really right, but you still need to take into account the fact that investing in an ico company gives you the opportunity to develop the project more actively and this is an indicator of the prospects. I have never been attracted to projects that for all the time ico companies could not even collect softcap.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:46:41 PM

My recommendation is invest your seed money after end of ICO. Because ICO investing now very sad. Many people losing their money by invest in bad ICO. So there has many thinking before invest on ICO. ICO analysis is most important before invest.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:53:12 PM

The best time to invest in ICO's is when market is shooting up , like it was in October , November , December 2017 . Currently as graphs show , if you want to grab some altcoins then yes , most of the time shows that best time to grab is after exchange launch when price drops after listing Smiley Ofcourse there is some projects that goes up in value after listing , but there is only few of them .
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 05:08:01 PM

Currently in most cases in this bear market, I know investing after ICO has become better, except some few projects that are well managed and planned have really go above their ICO price after listing.
joybella

Activity: 370

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 05:11:21 PM

Looking at the current market, I think investing way after the ICO is the best idea. As it is currently, tokens don't list 50% below ico price, tokens once listed goes to 80 or 90% below ICO price. Buying after the ICO is the best thing to do now.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 05:18:21 PM

I see a lot of people wondering if they should invest in ICO's. I think the best option for any potential investor is to wait until the ICO ends, THEN invest. For instance, Nauticus was an ICO that started back in March. They recently launched their exchange and have been doing pretty good. Prices are only down 30% from the ICO price. That is a GOOD sign, BUT the prices still fell! This was a high quality project that raised $19,000,000. If they're falling a little bit due to the bear market, then you can expect 99% of the other ICO's currently out there to fall as well. It's all going to be dependent on the market, but in terms of risk I think it's better off if you just wait, THEN invest after the product launches. At the end of the day DYOR! It's imperative that you guys understand that we are in a bear market. Even the best projects like Nauticus, Ethereum, Bitcoin, NEO ect are all falling. I would assume that they won't fall forever tho Tongue

Nauticus Exchange - https://nauticus.exchange/exchange/

We must admit that only a few projects now cost more then ICO price after their listings. So, yeah, it's better to secure yourself and not to hurry up with buying anything Smiley

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Olayinka225

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 06:01:04 PM

The way crypto is going nowadays
I think it's of best idea not to buy during the ICO but rather wait till after ICO when the project will be listed in a certain exchange because for sure with the recent experience in crypto, it will sure dump below ICO price heavy and that's the best time to buy whatever units one intended ti buy.
AltcoinsBattle

Activity: 537
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 06:17:52 PM

From what most people write, we can conclude that ICO is dying. I am also against buying before listing. The market has the most objective assessment of an asset.

Nivia1st

Activity: 821
Merit: 100

Volare.network

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 06:28:29 PM

I prefer to invest after Iico or when coin listing on the market. this is more profitable we can see people's interest directly from the trading volume. investing in ico may be very risky now, even though the project is good. throughout 2018, I saw many good and quality projects but could not provide profits to investors.

bboyjohn

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 07:03:27 PM

My recommendation is invest your seed money after end of ICO. Because ICO investing now very sad. Many people losing their money by invest in bad ICO. So there has many thinking before invest on ICO. ICO analysis is most important before invest.

Anyone who has invested in ico for a long time is losing money. Therefore, no one is investing in ico as before, but in a few months, big money will be gained. Ico was a huge sector and it has to be restored, everybody needs make some money Smiley

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
sergeykravchenko1959

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 07:56:43 PM

Given the current situation in the crypto market, there are very few projects whose coins are more expensive than their value in the ICO itself. Therefore, the only way to make a profit is to invest in ICO projects in the early stages, when there are big bonuses, or to buy these coins immediately after they enter the stock exchange, when their cost is greatly underestimated by the participants in the bounty companies.
seggardinggins

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 08:34:07 PM

In a good ICO sense it's quite difficult because sometimes a good ICO is the opposite of clear speculation as you say. to learn we must be able to understand the concepts and performance from stage to stage so as not to choose wrongly. because now there are many very scary ICOs that are very troubling for investors in developing their products.
ataki

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:21:26 PM

Investing in ICOs is not profitable as it was before as the price is usually crashing when the coin enter the exchanges, plus many projects are delaying the listings. By investing in early stages of the ICO your funds could be stucked for months if they postpone the listing of the coin.
lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:35:12 PM

I prefer to invest after ICO, because we will know prices are declining or rising, so when prices are falling very deeply from ICO prices, well, I always buy when prices fall and far from ICO prices and then I hold it in my wallet.
Legitimate9322 (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:36:53 AM

Looking at the present market condition it is better to invest after ico rather than before ico the main reason is once the coin is listed we can expect price drop then we can accumulate more coins

Right now this is my philosophy. There was only two projects I really liked. I've been accumulating NTS from the Nauticus exchange each day + i was waiting for Data Blockchain to finish up with their ICO, but they switched to wanting to release something like an IPO on a stock exchange instead. They ditched the whole ICO idea bcuz of the crypto market.
herfie.chen

Activity: 672

simply getting the job done

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:07:19 AM

I think investing after ICO is the best choice for this time, when ICO token listing in exchange it's a good time to buy more, because many token after listing the price will falling depending the market situation right now.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:23:19 PM

I think investing after ICO is the best choice for this time, when ICO token listing in exchange it's a good time to buy more, because many token after listing the price will falling depending the market situation right now.

Yes , True! I did notice aswell that projects the ones that conducting ICO's usually put fake raised/collected numbers on website to attract investors . There is plenty of projects that claiming that they raised so many millions , but after listing on exchange they have like 400k+ USD marketcap lol .
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: