Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:25:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing In ICO's vs Investing AFTER The ICO  (Read 7309 times)
Legitimate9322 (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 02:34:59 PM

I see a lot of people wondering if they should invest in ICO's. I think the best option for any potential investor is to wait until the ICO ends, THEN invest. For instance, Nauticus was an ICO that started back in March. They recently launched their exchange and have been doing pretty good. Prices are only down 30% from the ICO price. That is a GOOD sign, BUT the prices still fell! This was a high quality project that raised $19,000,000. If they're falling a little bit due to the bear market, then you can expect 99% of the other ICO's currently out there to fall as well. It's all going to be dependent on the market, but in terms of risk I think it's better off if you just wait, THEN invest after the product launches. At the end of the day DYOR! It's imperative that you guys understand that we are in a bear market. Even the best projects like Nauticus, Ethereum, Bitcoin, NEO ect are all falling. I would assume that they won't fall forever tho Tongue

Nauticus Exchange - https://nauticus.exchange/exchange/
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hektur

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 02:38:26 PM

If you are not a big investor you will not receive the best price and some bonus, so it doesn't worth it. Better wait for first exchange listing and you will see that price will be more interesting.

OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 02:40:35 PM

For me, i would go with the 2 options but it will depend on the type of project.
After a constructive research, i am able to differentiate the difference between a long term project and a short project.

The ability to determine this factor, will make you rich in crypto currency.
After identifying, you invest before ico for the short term project, and invest after ico for the long term project.
EthanKai

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:02:30 PM

I see a lot of people wondering if they should invest in ICO's. I think the best option for any potential investor is to wait until the ICO ends, THEN invest. For instance, Nauticus was an ICO that started back in March. They recently launched their exchange and have been doing pretty good. Prices are only down 30% from the ICO price. That is a GOOD sign, BUT the prices still fell! This was a high quality project that raised $19,000,000. If they're falling a little bit due to the bear market, then you can expect 99% of the other ICO's currently out there to fall as well. It's all going to be dependent on the market, but in terms of risk I think it's better off if you just wait, THEN invest after the product launches. At the end of the day DYOR! It's imperative that you guys understand that we are in a bear market. Even the best projects like Nauticus, Ethereum, Bitcoin, NEO ect are all falling. I would assume that they won't fall forever tho Tongue

In trading, the more the risks, the more changes of bigger rewards. Investing in ICOs are for investors who are experienced in the industry and are good in predicting the project and its legitimacy. But prices of coins/ token on ICO are cheaper and has more bonuses.  Investing after ICOs, on the other hand, are those who want sure rewards on their investments. If indeed the coin reaches or gets listed in the market, their prices are higher so they get lower reward.

╒═══════════════════     DEXAGE     ═══════════════════╕
██   WP   ████████     Multi-Tier Trading Ecosystem     ████████   OP   ██
╘═════════   FACEBOOK ◄ TWITTER ► TELEGRAM   ══════════╛
DanWalker

Activity: 1932
Merit: 544

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:03:59 PM

Please, try to find at least couble of legit ICOs which raised money and gain at least a small profit for last 6 months? I don't think that we should invest in ICOs at all, because there are so many high-quality cheap TOP projects at the market atm.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:05:57 PM

What is better is actually investing during ICO compared to investment after ICO. Of course the two choices are different. If you invest during ICO, of course you can get a bonus compared to investing after the ICO.
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:06:23 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2019, 10:07:50 PM by der_troll

This is a great question, because it can be answered if you look at coinmarketcap. During the red days, there is no chance that any new token is going to give you profit and the better choice for now would be to wait and to buy on exchanges. You will get this token for a much better price.
Isiaka208
Copper Member

Activity: 411
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:13:18 PM

The uncertainty factor in the cryptocurencies space will not make this work in the minds of investors. For people still wanting to invest in ICOs is a clear sign of uncertainty playing out.  Bull or bear,  people want to try out in ICOs based on past success stories,  but that's still dependent on their first hand information about cryptocurencies.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:16:36 PM

Actually, they had a 30% bonus that would apply for the entry purchase if you bought in a certain period and then 20%, 15% and so on that without counting the 2% and 5% additional discount on the sale amount if greater than a certain amount. I do not know if they had a private sale or not so, but the price right now is not really lower by much if you bought during the top bonus period.

From my general observation most ICOs tent to bottom at the pre-ico price once they get listed on exchanges so ya pretty much if you missed the pre-ico/private sale bonus it is better to wait and buy from the market and that applies on every ICO not just Nauticus.
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:19:10 PM

I think both investing in ICO or after ICO will give different advantages. If we are investing in ICO, we cannot avoid the scams, however, we can get more bonus and help the good projects to develop and to be real. However, it will be risky. On the other hand, investing after ICO will allow you to buy the tokens in cheaper price.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
asder250

Activity: 708
Merit: 103

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:21:53 PM

I think both investing in ICO or after ICO will give different advantages. If we are investing in ICO, we cannot avoid the scams, however, we can get more bonus and help the good projects to develop and to be real. However, it will be risky. On the other hand, investing after ICO will allow you to buy the tokens in cheaper price.
Both strategoes are risky. There are many projects that turned into scam after few months or years, like MinexCoin or Bitconnect.

carrigan

Activity: 728
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:28:41 PM

Looking at the price and market condition right now, i think I will choose purchasing the coins after they are on the exchange. Commonly the price will be lower than in ICO. but if we really want that coin, we can buy it in ICO to support them to grow and not failed.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:29:30 PM

2018 was a disaster year for ICO’s, even they have raised a decent amount after hitting in exchanges they plunge very quickly due to bear market, giving a hard time to every crypto project so investing before or after ICO at the present is not a sure call. All we have to do is sharpen our instincts and analyse every market moves to avoid getting rekt.
jaywizzy

Activity: 510
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 03:38:33 PM

Both investing in ICOs  and investing after ICO both have merit and demerit, when u invest in ICO there is probability for you to be scam, the  merit is that you will  be to make more profit and realize your money within short period of time while investing after ICO you will not fall into the trap of the so call scammer and the demerit is than you may not be able to realize your money in time.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
PattersonRaquel

Activity: 116
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:42:08 PM

I agree with you . We should invest when the ICO ends. I always monitor the price of the token after they are listed. It is always much lower than preico or ico. Pumapay is a project that mobilizes more than $ 100 million after completing ICO. But looking at its price, you will feel disappointed.

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:58:05 PM

2018 was a disaster year for ICO’s, even they have raised a decent amount after hitting in exchanges they plunge very quickly due to bear market, giving a hard time to every crypto project so investing before or after ICO at the present is not a sure call. All we have to do is sharpen our instincts and analyse every market moves to avoid getting rekt.
It's not a disaster if you were a part of the early investors which have participated in some icos on Q1 of 2018. You were a millionaire. Some of icos just like Zil, ONT and some altcoins have already made some new millionaires in the crypto. You should aware about that.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 04:01:51 PM

I think its better to invest in ICO than invest after the ICO because once you invest during ICO you can have a lot of bonuses and discount once you invest unlike you invest after the ICO you can't even bonuses. But, before you invest kindly choose good and have potential ICO.
Icologies

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 04:05:43 PM

I prefer to invest after ICO, because it's safer. if we invest in the ICO it runs the risk that will be obtained is quite high but the benefits are more if successful.

jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 05:58:51 PM

For me any project or platform will zero user is not worth investing into, I have said over and over again that the best investment one can make in the space now is to invest into exchange platforms because they do have users that are using their tokens to pay for trading fees unlike most of the useless tokens in the space that were just created for ICO sake

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Mwhitlatch

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 06:33:17 PM

For me any project or platform will zero user is not worth investing into, I have said over and over again that the best investment one can make in the space now is to invest into exchange platforms because they do have users that are using their tokens to pay for trading fees unlike most of the useless tokens in the space that were just created for ICO sake

Yup having some use case propels a price. At least in the real world. I think Nauticus will stabilize in price as the market improves and they release some nice features.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: