Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:02:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't fell for FUD. Stand your ground bitcoiners!  (Read 1423 times)
rosepetals

Activity: 650
Merit: 100

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 06:35:15 AM

So.

I've seen this in a thread:

lol @ the snicker comment but I'm sick of you crypto guys tricking regular people into investing in this scam.  There are not enough greater fools left for the price to go back up to 20k.  I know you guys are trying to get one last pump to dump on the noobs though.

And globally an increase of posts saying that it's the end. That the big scam is finished and that now it's just a deah fish. That it was all a global scam.

Now I don't care if some old traders are dumb enough to sell right now. This post is for all the newcommers that fear investing. When I first invested in 2015 I was worried and only bought up to 2 coins while I could have bought about a dozen rather easily. Now I'm still happy I've bought at this time but I would have loved if some old coiners managed to convince me to buy muuuuuuuuch more.

Here is why you should buy, and buy now:

-BTC is not dead. There is no reason for btc to die, the only way would be to stop all mining but that's simply not possible as anyone can mine, even you.

-Already 83% of BTC has been mined. That means a very small inflation. You need only a very small investment to keep the price of btc stable. That's not the case of dollars or euro you know... They get printed over and over...

-BTC has a real life purpose. Using WU to transfer money is hundreds of time more expensive than using BTC. BTC isn't made for daily purchases but it can handle large amount transfer like nothing else!

-Next halving is in less than two years: https://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/
If you don't know what halving is, just remember that halving means less BTC mined means price increase.

-Market value is already in the 63 billions. For the price to stay the same, you need only a few billions considering the small increase of coins.

-Tons of coins get lost. I'm not even sure the number of BTC is actually increasing if you consider the people losing their private keys, the people dying without handing their coins, the amount of dust btc lost in small wallets...

-Not a single solution has been provided to avoid another world financial crisis. Banks and government are still exactly doing the same thing. And at the next financial crisis, when governments will have to print billions and billions to bail out the banks, what currency will not get inflation in any way? Yeah you goddamn right.

-For anyone in countries not 100% safe (means anyone except USA, France UK and Germany). Remember governments and banks simply prevented any citizen to get their money from their bank account with the Greek crisis. They will never be able to freeze your coins.

So don't be afraid. It's better than any other investment you could make.

Chill out, buy, and buy now as the price can only go up for the next halving.

Cheers.
Lets not believe in any FUDS that spread by bicoin haters.Bitcoin had really proven us to for a long time and wealready know that theres always a votality happening anytime so lets just believe on our instinct inorder that we can't be carried away by those who spread negativity that might cause of panic selling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 06:42:33 AM

As of now I think the FUD has reduced having made some people dumb their coins without any second thought because they don't want their investment to vanish but they didn't think of who was buying when they were selling. FUD is a tool and it will keep existing but investors need to know why they are investment this is what will make difference between those that will be moved by any FUD or those that will hold their coins.

Long time back only I understood that whatever decisions need to be taken I have to do my own research so that it helps me in learning as well as in selection of the coins and do not be dependent on anybody else who can recommended the worthless coin and in the end we loose our money .

Many people following others recomendation and not able to make their own analysis. Right now, its better make our own analysis and research about our investment. If we made mistake because our own analysis, we can take a lesson from it and our knowledge growing better

You got a point here . strategy of others wont always work on some people . thats why it is much better to foccus on your own strategy , not only it is beneficial for you . it can also teach you a valueable lesson if ever you fall from your own mistake .

When it comes to fuds, we must not believe on them instantly because fuds are only the same as speculation and prediction . they are all unreal or no evidence to back thier statements .  fuds only causes users to panic  and fudsters only take the benefits at most .
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 06:53:00 AM

So theoretically you could expect a lot of interest in these exchanges. But somehow there's not much. And I think it will be the same with atomic swaps (either through smart contracts or in some other way), i.e. people won't be interested in these. And that's the reason we are not going to see a lot of development here either

the biggest problem in that front is that centralized exchanges are making money so they keep staying ahead of the game while decentralized exchanges won't make money. and everyone nowadays wants to make money that is why they develop in first place. the days of Satoshi are over where the developers created things to change the world not for financial gains.
and the worst part is that even if they are paid, they create some sort of shittoken in the name of decentralized exchange with ICO or something like that and don't deliver anything because they made the money they were looking for

Merited your post as this is what I've been telling folks for years

I had even created a topic here after Bitfinex got hacked in August 2016 when over 120k bitcoins were stolen. People were nodding their heads in agreement and nothing has changed since then. A truly decentralized exchange is only possible on the blockchain level when your desktop wallet functions as that exchange. But no one is financially interested in this kind of thing since there is no way you could profit off it, apart from running an ICO fraudulent scheme as you correctly note

in a way i still believe that this can change in the near future though.
the decentralized and open source community is much bigger and better than what we have been seeing so far which has been mostly greed. things like bitcoin which are created to change the world not the creators pocket size, happen rarely but they do happen. that is why i believe eventually this tide will turn and we start seeing some better developers enter the space with motivations to improve the system not just make money from it.
...and then we will see stronger decentralized exchanges, much better alternative cryptocurrencies and lots of innovation.

The payment system will always change depending on the human mindset and on the technological developments. In the past when barter system developed then the human mindset also developed and looked for a payment system that could be said to be fair and easy to do. So as we were found a medium of exchange that directly replaces the barter system. And now with the development of technology, people are easier to make transactions even though they still use money fiat. They haven't felt the advantages when using a payment system that has a decentralized system, they still like and even still obey the government. However, when technology is growing, I'm sure that with digital currencies like bitcoin, it will be able to at least compete the use of fiat currencies.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 06:54:00 AM

-BTC has a real life purpose. Using WU to transfer money is hundreds of time more expensive than using BTC. BTC isn't made for daily purchases but it can handle large amount transfer like nothing else!

This is the one of the advantages of cryptocurrency most i like about. It doesn't care about how much you send the coin, the fee remain small.
You will find a big difference from fiat transaction if you send in large amount of your fiat money to other peoples, compare with sending large amount of bitcoin.

Not just consider the transaction fee but also need to consider about converting back these bitcoins to fiat. In many countries, it is not so easy to send money from crypto exchanges to the bank accounts.

As of today in many countries, we can't use bitcoins directly for buying things. They need to find someone to buy bitcoins at a market price and it is not an easy thing.

I'm not against to bitcoin but just highlighting practical issues as of now people need to face if they deal with bitcoins and they can't exchange bitcoins to fiat easily when they need money.
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 07:53:37 AM

naturally, some feel a great doubt on him against bitcoin, because during this one year bitcoin didn't show a good increase. plus bitcoin has no functional value for the economy that makes it even more cornered. but I'm still sure that bitcoin will go up someday.
Today, I see a pretty good development, and a few days ago I also heard quite good news for this development. well, I guess crypto prices have started to recover. even though there will be so many FUDs, we have to endure this.
I hope we can see good news this month in the market and I wish that most altcoin can jump to a higher price because I think the bull market is starting to come to us. Nah, I don't think about the FUD because they can do whatever they want because they want to make people become panic. Be patient for a while, and we will see the bull market come again and help us to make a bigger profit.
Spider A4

Activity: 657
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 03:15:51 PM

Have been around Cryptocurrency for a while now and I love the warning you are giving out to the newbies out there, FUD is really dangerous to Crypto it really drags the Market down and giving investors and bitcoiners bad mindset on the next steps to follow.
Newbies spreading FUD when they got bad news about crypto market. Even they share and tweet in the facebook and twitter social platform to increase FUD that is damage bitcoin investors and who guys plan to invest in btc. I think well known and actual crypto loving dude don't believe any rumors.
ETHICKNINE

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 03:17:33 PM

naturally, some feel a great doubt on him against bitcoin, because during this one year bitcoin didn't show a good increase. plus bitcoin has no functional value for the economy that makes it even more cornered. but I'm still sure that bitcoin will go up someday.
Today, I see a pretty good development, and a few days ago I also heard quite good news for this development. well, I guess crypto prices have started to recover. even though there will be so many FUDs, we have to endure this.
I hope we can see good news this month in the market and I wish that most altcoin can jump to a higher price because I think the bull market is starting to come to us. Nah, I don't think about the FUD because they can do whatever they want because they want to make people become panic. Be patient for a while, and we will see the bull market come again and help us to make a bigger profit.

There are lot of FUD regarding the downfall of cryptocurrency prices but the very normal trend in the crypto market is when there is a greater dip the bull run definitely follow after that because once the altcoin prices decrease the demand fro investors eventually increases due to low prices so many potential investors are getting attracted in these days even from the share market to invest in cryptocurrencies which can be a reason for crypto prices to sky rocket in not time so the best move would be avoid any FUD news and be patience with the investment  

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
ETHICKNINE

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 03:21:35 PM

Have been around Cryptocurrency for a while now and I love the warning you are giving out to the newbies out there, FUD is really dangerous to Crypto it really drags the Market down and giving investors and bitcoiners bad mindset on the next steps to follow.
Newbies spreading FUD when they got bad news about crypto market. Even they share and tweet in the facebook and twitter social platform to increase FUD that is damage bitcoin investors and who guys plan to invest in btc. I think well known and actual crypto loving dude don't believe any rumors.

Newbies spread FUD regarding crypto than any because due to there lack of experience they become victims easily from temporary dips in the crypto market so without understanding the reality and due to lack of patience they blame cryptocurrencies a FUD by using twitter, Face-book and other major social media platforms but if they have necessary patience what they have to do is HODL more until the bull run comes

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 10:39:48 PM

You got a point here . strategy of others wont always work on some people . thats why it is much better to foccus on your own strategy , not only it is beneficial for you . it can also teach you a valueable lesson if ever you fall from your own mistake .

When it comes to fuds, we must not believe on them instantly because fuds are only the same as speculation and prediction . they are all unreal or no evidence to back thier statements .  fuds only causes users to panic  and fudsters only take the benefits at most .
Those that like to spread FUD most of the time appear when the market is not doing well, after all if the market is skyrocketing you have no reason to beleive anyone that is warning that the market cannot sustain such growth, but when they spread their FUD when the market is like this many people will believe them because deep down they are thinking something similar even if they do not want to admit it.
naufals4

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 11:07:41 PM

So.

I've seen this in a thread:

lol @ the snicker comment but I'm sick of you crypto guys tricking regular people into investing in this scam.  There are not enough greater fools left for the price to go back up to 20k.  I know you guys are trying to get one last pump to dump on the noobs though.

And globally an increase of posts saying that it's the end. That the big scam is finished and that now it's just a deah fish. That it was all a global scam.

Now I don't care if some old traders are dumb enough to sell right now. This post is for all the newcommers that fear investing. When I first invested in 2015 I was worried and only bought up to 2 coins while I could have bought about a dozen rather easily. Now I'm still happy I've bought at this time but I would have loved if some old coiners managed to convince me to buy muuuuuuuuch more.

Here is why you should buy, and buy now:

-BTC is not dead. There is no reason for btc to die, the only way would be to stop all mining but that's simply not possible as anyone can mine, even you.

-Already 83% of BTC has been mined. That means a very small inflation. You need only a very small investment to keep the price of btc stable. That's not the case of dollars or euro you know... They get printed over and over...

-Next halving is in less than two years: https://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/
If you don't know what halving is, just remember that halving means less BTC mined means price increase.

-Market value is already in the 63 billions. For the price to stay the same, you need only a few billions considering the small increase of coins.

-Tons of coins get lost. I'm not even sure the number of BTC is actually increasing if you consider the people losing their private keys, the people dying without handing their coins, the amount of dust btc lost in small wallets...

-Not a single solution has been provided to avoid another world financial crisis. Banks and government are still exactly doing the same thing. And at the next financial crisis, when governments will have to print billions and billions to bail out the banks, what currency will not get inflation in any way? Yeah you goddamn right.

-For anyone in countries not 100% safe (means anyone except USA, France UK and Germany). Remember governments and banks simply prevented any citizen to get their money from their bank account with the Greek crisis. They will never be able to freeze your coins.

So don't be afraid. It's better than any other investment you could make.

Chill out, buy, and buy now as the price can only go up for the next halving.

Cheers.

260/5000
Bitcoin will never die or disappear because Bitcoin is a powerful cryptocurrency. so if you hear the news about bitcoin will die or disappear then don't believe in the news. just keep your bitcoin until it rises to the sky.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 06:48:59 AM

Those that like to spread FUD most of the time appear when the market is not doing well, after all if the market is skyrocketing you have no reason to beleive anyone that is warning that the market cannot sustain such growth, but when they spread their FUD when the market is like this many people will believe them because deep down they are thinking something similar even if they do not want to admit it.

it has nothing to do with the market and whether or not it is doing well.
it is all about the market going in the opposite direction of what these people hoped for. so they want to pull it back to their own desired direction. for example someone who has been shorting bitcoin or had the wish to buy bitcoin below $3400 is now desperately spreading FUD about bitcoin because he thinks he can get back the opportunities he missed so that he can right his  wrongs!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 07:59:38 AM

This community is a community of bitcoin believers in at no time should we allowed non coiner to come in here and start spreading fake news about bitcoin, how can someone in his/her right senses say such a thing as bitcoin is dead when they have no evidence to proof they point its quite disheartening. I guest I will just use the ignore function to lock such posters forever.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 08:11:31 AM

it has nothing to do with the market and whether or not it is doing well.
it is all about the market going in the opposite direction of what these people hoped for. so they want to pull it back to their own desired direction. for example someone who has been shorting bitcoin or had the wish to buy bitcoin below $3400 is now desperately spreading FUD about bitcoin because he thinks he can get back the opportunities he missed so that he can right his  wrongs!
The scenario has changed with more and more people keeping themselves updated to the real value of bitcoin and its growth. Earlier FUD is quite a simple thing and people begin to react. Now this has changed, being speculative surely the market will react for some reason. People get into panic waves and the sole responsibility is from the whales who intend to make money out of the common people's portfolio.
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:22:18 PM

Dont fell on FUD, dont stand on what ever FUD!
Make sure that you have a knowledge and you are doing you own research! why>
that is the only thing you can do to survive on the low season! and that is true!
tbossmitche

Activity: 213

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:52:53 PM

FUD is often spread by people who are afraid to invest themselves while looking for people to drag down with them. It also turns out that FUD is usually fake news more often than not and this is one thing that forces novices in the cryptocurrency sphere into panic selling. I totally agree with you that every individual needs to make an unwavering stand on what he believes as the cryptocurrency space is unforgiving to the faint at heart. We should really learn to close our ears to what is being said around us, as I believe it is time to rise to the challenge that Fudders pose.
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 06:50:34 AM

There are lot of FUD regarding the downfall of cryptocurrency prices but the very normal trend in the crypto market is when there is a greater dip the bull run definitely follow after that because once the altcoin prices decrease the demand fro investors eventually increases due to low prices so many potential investors are getting attracted in these days even from the share market to invest in cryptocurrencies which can be a reason for crypto prices to sky rocket in not time so the best move would be avoid any FUD news and be patience with the investment  
Yes, and there will be a massive buy order that will happen, and it will also trigger the price to moves to a higher price. I think people who trade in the stock will come to the crypto trading too because of they think that in crypto trading, they have another source income to help them to make more profit than the stock trading. That will be great for crypto because, at that time, the adoption will happen.
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 01:50:42 AM

True, bitcoin won't die because of the highest bitcoin population, so there's no need to worry too much when there is a decline. Bitcoin still has hopes of pumping to higher prices, and buying at a low will be an opportunity to get more profits.

Bitcoin will traded in nasdaq and ETF trading and this makes bitcoin growing. Bitcoin price could reach peak price again if traded in wall street and market cap value growing bigger. More market recognize bitcoin is good for bitcoin and people will have knowledge about cryptocurrency
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:30:59 PM

we should indeed stand our ground and give a deaf ear to all the FUD which pops up on a daily basis on different sites and social media platforms about bitcoin. Bitcoin is an extra ordinary technology which has so much to give to the world. we will get to witness its growth as time goes on no matter what form og FUD arises.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 08:51:40 AM

So theoretically you could expect a lot of interest in these exchanges. But somehow there's not much. And I think it will be the same with atomic swaps (either through smart contracts or in some other way), i.e. people won't be interested in these. And that's the reason we are not going to see a lot of development here either

the biggest problem in that front is that centralized exchanges are making money so they keep staying ahead of the game while decentralized exchanges won't make money. and everyone nowadays wants to make money that is why they develop in first place. the days of Satoshi are over where the developers created things to change the world not for financial gains.
and the worst part is that even if they are paid, they create some sort of shittoken in the name of decentralized exchange with ICO or something like that and don't deliver anything because they made the money they were looking for

Merited your post as this is what I've been telling folks for years

I had even created a topic here after Bitfinex got hacked in August 2016 when over 120k bitcoins were stolen. People were nodding their heads in agreement and nothing has changed since then. A truly decentralized exchange is only possible on the blockchain level when your desktop wallet functions as that exchange. But no one is financially interested in this kind of thing since there is no way you could profit off it, apart from running an ICO fraudulent scheme as you correctly note

in a way i still believe that this can change in the near future though.
the decentralized and open source community is much bigger and better than what we have been seeing so far which has been mostly greed. things like bitcoin which are created to change the world not the creators pocket size, happen rarely but they do happen. that is why i believe eventually this tide will turn and we start seeing some better developers enter the space with motivations to improve the system not just make money from it.
...and then we will see stronger decentralized exchanges, much better alternative cryptocurrencies and lots of innovation

For some time I believed in that too

Especially, when Bitfinex got hacked. I thought like wow so many bitcoins had been stolen, so why not spend a couple bitcoins to build a truly decentralized exchange? But now I basically lost that hope. Bitcoin has been around for over 10 years already and most of that time exchanges had been hacked (or had been scamming)

Personally, I'm trying to avoid these risks by limiting my exposure via shorts, i.e. by keeping only part of my stash in an exchange's account as a collateral (that exchange is Bitfinex) and trading with shorts mostly. But in the case of a major hack like the one described above, I will still be hit severely

I'm not against to bitcoin but just highlighting practical issues as of now people need to face if they deal with bitcoins and they can't exchange bitcoins to fiat easily when they need money

To make things easier, you may try your luck with Bitcoin payment cards (I didn't try them myself, so you are on your own here)

meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 09:13:54 AM

They are just trollers trying to shit on this newbies. I'm sure many are going to have doubts because of misinformation and false accusation about Bitcoin. Well, thanks to this thread, it helped someone removing their doubts. But to be honest, Bitcoin is like a double-edge blade, it could be the worst and the best investment that a person could have.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: