Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:52:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid Dump after listing  (Read 53608 times)
tactac (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 121

self made Full member (^-^)v

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 03:57:15 PM

At the time of the listing after the end of ICO, the price often dumps. Why does it happen?
I think the reason is there is no buyer because of no demand for tokens since the ecosystem is not completed after the ICO.
It may be difficult because lack of funds, but I think the team should release a product like Dapps while running ICO to make token demand.
How do you think about it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
No Pain No blood

Activity: 658
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 04:11:25 PM

At the time of the listing after the end of ICO, the price often dumps. Why does it happen?
I think the reason is there is no buyer because of no demand for tokens since the ecosystem is not completed after the ICO.
It may be difficult because lack of funds, but I think the team should release a product like Dapps while running ICO to make token demand.

there is no way to avoid that. A dump will always occur when the coin is first listed on the exchange. the only way to minimize the dump is to listed it into a large exchange. the greater the trading volume, the better. but the problem now is that rarely large exchanges want to enter new coins, they first see and analyze the potential of the coin.
Kopyleft

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:21:47 PM

The end of ICO does not correspond with listing announcements, some projects take weeks or months to go on exchange after completing their token sale.
The instant drop in price (from the ICO price) comes down to a lot of factors; current market situation, bounty hunters and investors with bonuses dumping their tokens, or lack of buyers.

The latter is down to poor marketing during the space before listing. Some top exchanges organise publicity for projects it plans to list and announces it before the listing date to attract investors.

pokxon

Activity: 490
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 04:22:23 PM

Being dumped is normal. We have no way to avoid it. We face it and make difficult decisions between selling and holding. If the project has reserves for the price stability of the token, I think that dumping will not be serious.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Guider.travel  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:26:18 PM

I totally agree, however, there's no way to stop dump once a token/coin gets listed. Some investors/ bounty hunters want quick profit especially if the price on the exchange is really favorable. Projects are aware about this that is why some tokens are locked in a certain amount of time to avoid price dump.

myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:35:54 PM

There i s no way to avoid the first dump.
Cause team is probably dumping the first trades.
And also some greedy bounty hunters will not pass the first shot.

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
takngantuk

Activity: 1024
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 04:36:27 PM

I think with a listing in one large market, it might be able to avoid a dump. people sell coins because they think the coin has no potential, but by entering it into a exchange with a large trading volume. maybe people who were pessimistic with the coin became more confident to hold it.
andrejka

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:46:19 PM

The only reason why the price often dumps at the time of the listing on the exchanges is that speculators and bounty hunters start to sell like crazy...And there are not enough buyers (read "liquidity") to stop the bearish price movement. So we get what we get. I hope that someday when there would be enough liquidity on crypto market the situation will change.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
M O B U  ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future   
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:46:38 PM

The dump is mainly from presale or ICO investors who wants to cash in from their investment (also bounty/airdrop hunters).Previous ICOs don't have anything, only promises but many of the ICOs currently running have their apps or MVP ready even before the token sale is finished.
Avri Susanto

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 04:49:53 PM

there seems to be no way to avoid a dump. this is normal because bounties and unwise investors always sell when they get coins. we can only hope that the dump is not too severe.
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:51:49 PM

It's hard to avoid.

The bonuses and airdrops distributed during the ICO are attempted to be returned to the cash by the owners as soon as possible.

So there is only way that create a promising project. Maybe then people don't sell their token cheaply.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:54:04 PM
Merited by justdimin (5)

POS and masternodes kinds of mining options are available for the reason of preventing dumps. But, these will not be helpful for a ethereum token based project.

Then the universal solution must be, having good concept for your project and keep promoting all your development with proper proof. When people will be seeing your progress along with your roadmap then no one will prefer to dump but at the same time will rush for buying. You cannot avoid dumping because people will always prefer to book profit or will be having their own reasons to sell. We cannot do anything about that.

But what we can do is, making more people to buy so that selling pressure will be neutralized. This is what most successful projects are going. Just remember ethereum is having unlimited supply are still managing to beat most deflationary projects with this kind of things.
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:56:54 PM

Professional investors are buying potential, but not something completed. There are many non-professionals in crypto who act impulsively. But the company's funds can not grow rapidly, especially if there is no finished product. Such investors are waiting for quick profits. Not surprisingly, the price almost always falls after listing. Even for a promising project.
Thus, if you don't want to be in the dump, just do not participate in the ICO Grin. This is the most reliable way.

Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 05:03:00 PM

It is very easy to avoid the dump once it gets listed on the exchange, put everything on hold and use another percentage of coin/token on the exchange.
that is the only way to avoid the dump after it gets listed on any exchange, but another problem is coming up. Nobody wants to see it because the majority people who joined any ICO right now is looking for an easy profit and a short-gain, that means they will sell it as soon as it reaches their desired level of profit.
let's not talk about the bounty hunter. In this case, it is very unlikely for it to tank the price and maintaining its value around its ICO price
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 05:05:58 PM

If the team can do some buy back and also be transparent, this can help to build the trust of investors and their entire community, also if bounty hunters are paid with Ethereum or BTC, that can also help.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 05:10:50 PM

There could be many reasons for such dump after listings:
1) Bad news or dynamics around the project. People are thinking that this looks no good and trying to sell at any cost to save their money.
2) Panic at the crypto market. When everything is falling down, it's impossible for any coin to grow. People are in panic Smiley
3) Those categories of people that bought these tokens cheaper then ordinary investors (or got them for bounty/airdrop) are trying to sell them. And they don't care that the price is lower then the one set during the main round of the ICO.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 05:19:43 PM

creating demand for the token is the hardest thing especially at this period when crypto market is not how it use to be. There is no way you can avoid crypto dumping when its being listed because investors and bounty hunters will sell the only way project can optimize and bridge this gap is to list token in exchange platform with large pool of traders.This might help the token to recover when it is being dumped. if project intending to create crypto trading platform is facing the same problem how much more will other tokens from a different project will face. In as much as the market still remain sluggish, this will continue
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 05:31:55 PM

A utility is very much needed for any token to make it in demand. A token without a utility has a lifecycle only till the end of the ICO and as soon as the token is distributed, the token is being sold by the holders believing that there won't be any use of it in the future.
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 05:37:55 PM

I don't think there is much to do about dump token when lists on exchange at first time , every investors want to gain when the buy ICO and once it listed they try to sell in other to gain some profit and might also decide to rebuy when it dump to acquire more token , but definitely there is nothing to do to prevent that but some token also go pump when listed as that also depend on the market demand then.
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 05:56:44 PM

I think the best way to avoid heavy dump is for a project not to go by airdrop or bounty but just ICO. So if everyone should buy a token through a certain price of ICO, I don't see a way whereby some people will dump below the amount they bought through ICO. But could this be possible?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: