Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:56:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid Dump after listing  (Read 53608 times)
AlekseyCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 08:46:21 PM

At the time of the listing after the end of ICO, the price often dumps. Why does it happen?
I think the reason is there is no buyer because of no demand for tokens since the ecosystem is not completed after the ICO.
It may be difficult because lack of funds, but I think the team should release a product like Dapps while running ICO to make token demand.
How do you think about it?

I completely agree with you. The price is falling because there is no demand. I think in 2019 the STO period will come and the funds will be collected for the development of the existing project.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 08:51:14 PM

I’m sure that there is no way to avoid the dump after the listing of tokens on exchange
Everyone has their decisions to make
And no matter the trading contest , it will continue to dump if there is no solid product for the project
jcmansah7

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 09:20:12 PM

This suggestion may sound too harsh but i think i really need to hit it very strong either. Tokens for both investors and bounty participants should be locked and distributed at certain rate in a period of time for instance realeasing the 1/3 of the tokens for the next 6 months. Please it is not only bounty participants that dump but also most investors also dump cryptocurrencies.

Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 09:53:59 PM

Sometimes, there might be buyer, but in most cases, product is the issue.
There are situations where some the team of some projects would feel they already got what they wanted. So instead of developing the project further, there is abandonment, which makes a lot of things to linger.
Lack of update creates lack of trust, which then leads to eventual failure of the project.
lotfipro

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:12:06 PM

Yes, your reason is very good. But I want to add that bountyhunters is a big problem too. They sell tokens immediatly after listing on exchanges. They are not interested in the development of this project, they just want to make 'easy money'. I think that it would be great to lock bountyhunter's tokens for a few months after listing.
Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:17:31 PM

At the time of the listing after the end of ICO, the price often dumps. Why does it happen?
I think the reason is there is no buyer because of no demand for tokens since the ecosystem is not completed after the ICO.
It may be difficult because lack of funds, but I think the team should release a product like Dapps while running ICO to make token demand.
I concur with you on this. People would like to see a working product before throwing their money around.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:21:54 PM

Yeah I think you are right, also another way they could prevent dump is to lock up some of the tokens if its more for instance that for bounty reward or better still introduce the buy back strategy to help save the coin from been affected by the dump.
bartusv

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:45:07 PM

It happens when the ICO has no working product and use case and there is no demand for the coin on the market.
Hunters usually dump their coins but the impatient investors as well.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
Favouredhart
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:45:23 PM

In my opinion, i think this might be reduced by listing in an exchange with large trading volume, but these days because of the listing fee,the Developers look for a cheaper alternative,thereby creating dump after listing
Belianez

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:46:38 PM

I completely agree with you. The price is falling because there is no demand. I think in 2019 the STO period will come and the funds will be collected for the development of the existing project.
Well, there is a demand in this market, I think, only now the bears control the situation , and you need to be able to adjust to the market only then you can earn

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:48:21 PM

I think it's almost impossible these days to avoid a price dump upon listing. Reason being that, several people panic sell just to take a profit or to minimise losses associated with listings. This does not only crash or plunge the prices further, it could lead to loss of believe in a project if left unchecked by the developers. This will only worsen the situation leaving prices perpetually low.
yingfeng

Activity: 910
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:51:26 PM

The project must be very strong. The team must conduct very serious marketing. Then investors will want to buy more coins, after adding on exchanges.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄       
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████   
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████   
  █████████████████████   
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████     
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Badhuamin

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:51:55 PM

maybe because everyone wants to sell their tokens so there are so many orders in the market and there are still a few who want to buy them.
Bloodseekers

Activity: 769
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:55:23 PM

I think there is no way to avoid dump after listing, I already join in bounty program since 2017, and i see only one reason why token dump after lisitng is because market. If market low will dump. Even the project so great, team so professional, it has no effect. So that's why many project now dump because now is hard moment for cryptocurrensy, Market so low.
Sanderion

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:06:39 PM

maybe because everyone wants to sell their tokens so there are so many orders in the market and there are still a few who want to buy them.

Sure. Why do you think supply is much more than demand? I think it happens because most of these projects are useless and the only reason why people took part in these ICOs is greed. There are some project that really useful and they are still profitable even in bear market. For example, QuarkChain! It was never traded under ICO prices! I'm sure this project will show best results in bull market, just HODL it!

carrigan

Activity: 728
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:19:46 PM

It will be very difficult if seen from the condition of the market right now. The guidance of the price on ICO tokens or coins will be Ethereum and Bitcoin. How can we avoid the decrease of the price if the main payment method also have the small rate of the price. The market is also very down and the listing may also influence for the new coins from ICO.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 02:09:05 AM

I think every people wants to make a profit by selling the token at the high price in the first day so they can take their money back plus some profit. And we can follow them too to sell the token first, and then we wait for a while until the price reaches the bottom price so we can get more amount of the token with not too big of money.

It's a challenge for the team to maintain the price so it's not got dump too deep and they can trying to survive after the token get listed. It's not easy because they need to compete with the other project which has similarity with their project and I don't think with the releasing a product like Dapps will guarantee the price of the token will not get a dump, but it's worth to try.
strunberg

Activity: 1316
Merit: 324

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 02:19:28 AM

It will be very difficult if seen from the condition of the market right now. The guidance of the price on ICO tokens or coins will be Ethereum and Bitcoin. How can we avoid the decrease of the price if the main payment method also have the small rate of the price. The market is also very down and the listing may also influence for the new coins from ICO.
but if token holder commitment to hold and will not sell their token in cheap price i think it will not depend anymore to bitcoin or ethereum price.most important factor was from holder their self.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

prororo
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

SIGMA

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 02:38:55 AM

most projects will lock the  their tokens and also many of them to choose not listings in the exchange when this condition is bearish, but in my opinion a good way is to enter one of the exchanges that has real volume like liquid and binance is one the way to avoid  dump.

maaldaz

Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:25:33 AM

I think there is a trick to at least reduce the potential of dumping coins after listing.
That is limiting the amount of coins that can be sold  each time the token holder wish to sell them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: