Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:38:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A bounty telegram channel that do not update is a warning sign  (Read 443 times)
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:05:16 PM

I just got out of Excolony bounty campaign I don't know if they will still pay bounty hunters, but if the bounty channel have no one on the team or the bounty manager is not login anymore in this forum this  is a warning sign for bounty hunters to consider, do you have similar experience like this.
Now there are many similar cases, because project developers are in no hurry to distribute their tokens, and some of them are scammers. I had a similar experience and I am still waiting for tokens from the project, their telegrams are also filled with spam and there are no updates, but I do not lose hope that the team is waiting for favorable conditions. So do not be discouraged ahead of time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DanWalker

Activity: 1932
Merit: 544

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:32:52 PM

In crypto area the project is a community. The lack of community and/or any social media activity is a huge red flag for me to follow the project. Whatever it is - bounty, ICO or any others.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bitcoinst

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:36:50 PM

As a rule, this is the first sign that something is wrong with the project. I can also say in my experience that additional alarming signals can be called: a very long count of stakes, gross errors in the calculation, ignoring questions from the bounty manager.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
d_fitrie

Activity: 589
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:40:30 PM

I also experienced it because there was no update from the bounty manager or the team from the ICO, so I made a decision to leave and did not expect payment from the bounty because the official telegram chat group also had no good progress
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:42:51 PM

As a rule, this is the first sign that something is wrong with the project. I can also say in my experience that additional alarming signals can be called: a very long count of stakes, gross errors in the calculation, ignoring questions from the bounty manager.
I completely agree with you, because such reasons are very obvious for a fraudulent project, Or maybe for a less demanded project in the market. But if we take into account the current market connector, then the majority of projects today suffer from just such indicators.
Maamejane

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 08:12:49 PM

Yeah that is one of the warning signs of a scam project but you shouldn't conclude just like that. You try your maximum best to do your research on the project and ask why there is no update on the project, if know relevant answer comes out then you are right. There is no need to join such project.

marcitosi

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 08:24:59 PM

I think that if a team is interested in the development of a project, then it will definitely not allow at least one of the social networks to be updated with it

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████ BITZON ███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ First Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●[/url]
https://bitzon.io/
^BuTcH^

Activity: 671
Merit: 103

Moni

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 08:25:16 PM

I think the biggest warning sign is main telegram channel without updates.
But as for bounty channel, probably it is abandoned, because bounty is finished and this is the case. Don't you think so, mate?

AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 08:32:07 PM

Constant communication with the community is a great sign of commitment and transparency. I have joined many bounty campaigns and already have encountered many projects that failed and began to quietly abandoning their telegram group. In your case they might be busy and you must wait for them to have an update.
MiniMountain

Activity: 624
Merit: 101

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 08:35:51 PM

If the team from the project and bounty manager has not been updating or answering message on their channel then there is only two reason, first they might busy developing the project or bounty manager is still not finish with the work and don't want to answer until its done, second the project turn to be scam and the team is hiding.

CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:20:30 PM

I agree, since telegram is one of the most important social networks for the project, since it is there that active discussions are conducted and without the participation of managers, such projects do not inspire confidence.

lotfipro

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:57:24 PM

I have a lot of such dead chats nad channels. Usually a group with no activiry is a scam. It's better to forget about these tokens and try to be more lucky next time with projects.
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 10:09:50 PM

This is more reason I ensure that u tasks my time to know about any project, whose bounty I want to participate in, because some things like this are inevitable, most especially in scam projects.
Based on what you have said, it is very much possible its a scam project. Although, there are also some scam projects, whose team will are very active. After getting what they needed, it is them you will notice they no more exist.
Dacosta Osei-Tutu

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 10:20:46 PM

Once you realize people have started spamming the group and the team is silent about it, it means they are gone. When there is no information about the progress of the project and no one is responding to member's questions, you don't need to be told that the project is dead.
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 10:30:44 PM

I think most times, what the bounty manager does is to leave a pinned post addressing the silence in the group
And the spreadsheet is attended to especially the signatures campaigns

Except bad bounty manager
It is not enough reason for alarm
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:30:24 AM

It is true that many of the bounties which have telegram but is not active, then it could be a harbinger of a scam. It is already a lot going on and if it can be thorough in this then at least will be able to avoid a scam. the renewal should be always there to inform the development of projects that are carried out so as to make the investor and participant bounty satisfied look. and when it's not there then leave it out.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
amaterazu

Activity: 407
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:42:45 AM

Yes, this will be a warning for bounty hunters. This is like what happened on the ECTV project a few days ago, that many Bounty participants complained because the team disappeared. And in the end, this project is a SCAM and I hope we must be careful about participating in the ICO project.

█▐ ▏  DDCT  ▕ ▌   https://digitaldollarcoin.com/   ▕ ▌█
∎∎∎∎    The etherMillennium Coin of the Century    ∎∎∎∎
wxganz

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 01:53:18 PM

I can't understand why you were the bounty hunter on this project. If you stop working with the community it gives hints that the project scam. I have already said many times that it is necessary to analyze the project constructively.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 03:47:48 PM

I also experienced it because there was no update from the bounty manager or the team from the ICO, so I made a decision to leave and did not expect payment from the bounty because the official telegram chat group also had no good progress
Nah. That is the best choice because we really won't get anything from a bounty that has such a problem. So, it's better to leave the project although without the payment. And I think almost all bounty participants have experienced this problem. Although there were some participants who realized it and or ignored it.
Sri rahayu

Activity: 795
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 04:25:12 PM

if in 1 day they are not active, that is normal, because they are human and need rest or vacation. when they exceed 1 day of inactivity, it needs to be suspect. IMO
 for me personally, communication on the telegram is very important, because there is a gathering place for investors and teams directly. So, if there is no communication, how will we know the development of the project? if that happens, then just leave them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: