Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:45:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Old coins vs new coins  (Read 27401 times)
mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 09:18:47 PM

at the moment i think there is no difference between the new and the old with this market, it is better to focus on the classic ones like btc, eth, monero and stable coins
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lotfipro

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:10:01 PM

I think that some projects from both categories will die and other will grow into huge projects. Some old coins have already disappear and also some new ICOs are scam. So we will seee different coins on the market.
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:34:27 PM

For me I always go for good project I never categories them in old and new project. Most of the new project are not good as I saw in the market very few of them are good and if I saw that some of them are doing really great
 Now come to price alts will touch it's alt but it's about time and market conditions and the token details. When market start to grow alt grows the most. I think it will again touch ath of Bitcoin go 200$ and stable. I said as before it's not about old or new it's about the project. If a project is good and it's new I don't care they have to be a future proof project.

pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:48:41 PM

I think that some projects from both categories will die and other will grow into huge projects. Some old coins have already disappear and also some new ICOs are scam. So we will seee different coins on the market.

You are right. Some new projects will have their bull runs and some old projects will have to die. I just don't see all the current top 20 coins keeping their positions by the end of the year. The first ones to go will probably be SV and BCH. I wouldn't touch that those with a stick. At the same time there's this Grin that could be worth looking into.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:50:03 PM

Old coins doesn’t mean its good, you still need to choose the right old coin to gain profit. The new coins will face so many challenges before you can say its a great coin, it must be succeed on their ICO and of course it should produced good services. At last, you still need to work hard for you to earn profit don’t just depend to your luck.
yingfeng

Activity: 910
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:52:54 PM

I prefer old coins. Many teams have been very good at developing and promoting their projects in previous years. The price of many top Altcoins has dropped very much over the previous year.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄       
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████   
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████   
  █████████████████████   
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████     
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Sanderion

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:57:25 PM

old coins: coins that went through the bull run
new coins: are ICO tokens from projects during the bear market,mostly not listed on exchanges.

It is obvious that all the aspect of the space had struggled due the giant force of bitcoin. Over the past year the average dump in price of most of the old token/altcoin from the last bull run is close to 90% while the new coin are holding to their price. Most ICOs in the later part of 2018 decided to postpone the listing which their decision could be justified or condemned as the market revives.
With the approaching news of bull run and present the value of altcoins,
1.  can the altcoins ever hit the ATH price even at $20000 bitcoin?
2. Can the new coin from ICO be an alternative even with so much old coin held in some portfolios?  
3. will you choose to hold on to old coins or sell to invest into new ICOs?

1. It can happens only if the total supply of this coin is about 1000  Grin
2. It doesn't matter. Most of old and new coins will disappear soon, only Bitcoin will stay (and several really functional alts which you should choose carefully)
3. I'll choose to sell most of alts for BTC exept some really quick and cool alts (you know what i'm talking about)  Wink

cryptolidus

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:11:08 PM

It does not matter if it is an old coin or a new coin, what matters is the value they represent, the use case and the development
potential. These things determine the demand for them and how big supporting community they have.

monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:30:36 PM

if I talk about investment and about trust, I would prefer and trust old coins because they can still survive even though they often experience a bad phase called bearish and it proves that they are strong and worthy of being used as an investment especially for old coins like ethereum and bitcoin.
because even though now the price seems to be falling but actually the coin is a successful coin because it has been able to pass from bearish and still has a price that is much higher than the initial price or we usually call ICO

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:46:47 PM

According to the latest coinmarketcap data, there are currently more than 2100 coins and tokens, this number will continue to grow because of the many new ICOs that make the competition very tight, but of course this makes a lot of coins die and choosing good coins is important.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:50:12 PM

It doesn't matter with old coin or new coin, as long as the coin got a good feature, got a lot of support and great developers then it can become more valuable, and any coins got the chance to go up really high, it depends on how the team attract more users and investors

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:42:14 AM

some of the new coins may be rated as a junk and just getting crypto meets only. But if you can choose well then there is also the new coins that even has the potential to put on hold in the long run. It may be more convenient for holding on old coins because it tested but already sure has the potential either.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
stue

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 04:15:51 AM

In my opinion, the old or new coin is no different, the most important thing is that coin has good potential to be made an investment, but we must remain smart in analyzing whether the coin has good potential to be invested because not all coins are suitable for investment.
Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:07:48 AM

I believe old coins are here to stay and they have perform better and getting better too but new coins only few of them knows what they are doing and many of the new ones will die on the long . If bitcoin sees ATH again all other altcoins will rise too

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
Yoo

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:20:39 AM

1. Can the altcoins ever hit the ATH price even at $20000 bitcoin?

Yeah, of course it can. Altcoin prices will also experience pumps, when the price of Bitcoin is pump.
I think it's a relationship that can't be separated. So, if the bitcoin price reaches $ 20,000, the Altcoin will reach the new ATH price.

2. Can the new coin from ICO be an alternative even with so much old coin held in some portfolios?

Yes it can. But with the condition that the coin has good quality and able to compete with coins that already have good trust like ETH.

For now I prefer to hold old coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum, XLM, and XRP.
But if you want to buy new ICO, Choose an ICO  that is able to compete and has a real project.

Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:27:10 AM

Old or new, that's differ not much. The coins with potential and real life use case I mean utility coin will get ATH in the bull run. If bitcoin hit $20000, most of the altcoin will also hit the ATH from current market. It doesn't take months to reach to the ATH, it is matter of 1 week only.
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 06:43:38 AM

I think old coins have huge advantage over the new ones ,especially for long term investors ,old coins have proved surviving for long but new coins can just give up the ghost anytime ,but I like new good coins because they introduced better tech that old coins can't achieve

icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 06:48:20 AM

old coins: coins that went through the bull run
new coins: are ICO tokens from projects during the bear market,mostly not listed on exchanges.

It is obvious that all the aspect of the space had struggled due the giant force of bitcoin. Over the past year the average dump in price of most of the old token/altcoin from the last bull run is close to 90% while the new coin are holding to their price. Most ICOs in the later part of 2018 decided to postpone the listing which their decision could be justified or condemned as the market revives.
With the approaching news of bull run and present the value of altcoins,
1.  can the altcoins ever hit the ATH price even at $20000 bitcoin?

1. It might be, depending on the project, you need to specify the coin, I can not just blindly speculate, and generalize altcoin.
2. Again it depends on the project, I know that some or even most of the new projects are just shit, but there are still some of them that are quite worth to be investing in.
3. I am still holding some of the old coin, but at the same time, I also looking for new opportunities.

anafiene

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:49:51 AM

The old coin already knows how it works and provides good development, the team has experience and can deal with existing problems. For new coins, this requires the right process and adjustment to be better and can provide interesting innovations. To ensure that you have to have a real vision and mission so that it can be accepted.

lehnelora

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:52:01 AM

I think old coins and new coins are different. There are still many people holding old coins now because they believe that prices will definitely rise again. And for new coins, there are now many problems and you also have to be careful in determining new coins. Old coins and new coins certainly need to be considered because many coins die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: