Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:14:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Old coins vs new coins  (Read 27401 times)
ninja811

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 06:32:26 PM

Of course, the concept of the development of the cryptocurrency market cannot be imagined without the appearance of new projects and coins.
At the moment, I see several successful projects in my opinion in which to invest.
But now I prefer coins that are time-tested in constantly changing market conditions.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
elcoblast

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 06:40:59 PM

today market condition not profitable for ico projects to conduct listings, that's they're just wait when market stable again and listing their tokens to the market.

1. maybe altcoin can do, even bitcoin price are growing up again in $20k or more
2. no, im prefered to still hold my old coin than new coin/token from ico now
3. of course hold my old coin, investing in new ico campaign because after ico end we don't get expectation tha offered from ico

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 06:45:14 PM

Most of those old coins are coins that came up in the market when the market as experiencing huge green, but these new coins find it difficult to survive because of bear market.
Inu.Guren

Activity: 379

homt.net

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 06:50:27 PM

Of course, the concept of the development of the cryptocurrency market cannot be imagined without the appearance of new projects and coins.
At the moment, I see several successful projects in my opinion in which to invest.
But now I prefer coins that are time-tested in constantly changing market conditions.
yes few ico project are successfull with their product offered in ico, but 7/10 ico campaign are failed and never released their product in public is they promise in ico, and if they releasing the product in public the quality from the product that's not as expected when they offered it to ico

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
passeroutpass

Activity: 438

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 06:53:13 PM

Most of those old coins are coins that came up in the market when the market as experiencing huge green, but these new coins find it difficult to survive because of bear market.
good coins are easy to survive. despite the prices, they continue to develop their projects in the technological field
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 06:57:52 PM

old coins: coins that went through the bull run
new coins: are ICO tokens from projects during the bear market,mostly not listed on exchanges.

It is obvious that all the aspect of the space had struggled due the giant force of bitcoin. Over the past year the average dump in price of most of the old token/altcoin from the last bull run is close to 90% while the new coin are holding to their price. Most ICOs in the later part of 2018 decided to postpone the listing which their decision could be justified or condemned as the market revives.
With the approaching news of bull run and present the value of altcoins,
1.  can the altcoins ever hit the ATH price even at $20000 bitcoin?
2. Can the new coin from ICO be an alternative even with so much old coin held in some portfolios?  
3. will you choose to hold on to old coins or sell to invest into new ICOs?

You should analyse each project independently, is it old or new. Some old altcoins have a huge potential because they survived this dump and have a very strong and motivated team. Some old projects have strong partnerships also. New coins have their initial potential - they probably will be pumped at least for one time or maybe more even without any significant news or development.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
seggardinggins

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 09:44:36 PM

Old coins or new coins do not guarantee to give you big profits, because like that we can see that market prices continue to fall or become bearish. everyone will expect all coins to recover and the emergence of new potentially high coins or strong system quality. I am waiting for quality ICO without fraud or failure that endangers us all.
zhengqi

Activity: 632
Merit: 60

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 09:59:16 PM

Old coins are already a proven investment. But I think the new coins still have a chance, too. So I will invest in new coins. I think that there will be some kind of coin that can even catch up with bitcoin in price.

West0813

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 10:11:01 PM

I still prefer to buy proven and establish coins. And that are old coins. They are more stable. Not just like new coins. Nowadays its hard to trust new coins. Because they openly drops their value.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
dominos

Activity: 283

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 10:22:08 PM

new coins: are ICO tokens from projects during the bear market,mostly not listed on exchanges.

It is obvious that all the aspect of the space had struggled due the giant force of bitcoin. Over the past year the average dump in price of most of the old token/altcoin from the last bull run is close to 90% while the new coin are holding to their price. Most ICOs in the later part of 2018 decided to postpone the listing which their decision could be justified or condemned as the market revives.
2. Can the new coin from ICO be an alternative even with so much old coin held in some portfolios?  

I think your point of view and questions are too general to answer for them correctly. I will focus on the main thing.. so always you need to have something like a strategy and asset management. You need to know why you investing in this or this project and why this project is better than others.
BTCreward

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 11:48:47 PM

I think it is not age determines the success of coins, and her project. There are old projects that will be relevant in 20 years and there are young people who die after a couple of months.

Lexurdania

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 12:34:27 AM

Right now many new coin issued with new developers team and with new technology. I think in the future, new with coin with good developers team will survive. Many old coin is worth to hold for long term and i think new coin and old coin depending on the product. If its working, i am believe investor will choose to hold for long term

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 12:36:29 AM

I believe the market is taking it all into consideration already. I don't think there is a different opportunity for old and new coins.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:02:42 AM

I believe the market is taking it all into consideration already. I don't think there is a different opportunity for old and new coins.
I agree, there's equal opportunities in terms of coexistence, both coins can be supported by community that will be form to keep the project survive, there's no actual things that will let them be instinct if community will continue to follow and trust the system, people who value their knowledge will
keep coins that they fully understand and will continue waiting for more progress and developments that will happen around the supported coins that they've holds.
bartolomeo

Activity: 114

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:26:06 AM

there is a possibility for new coin to gain good profit when the btc itself gain its new ATH, its hard to find new coin nowadays that will survive during this Bear market, Lets consider the fact that most of the new coin cant beat the ath price of what you currently holding in your portfolio but when you think of profit maybe my answer is yes, cutting lose is not bad as long as you can gain good profit and afterwards buy good coins (old) that is sure for long term investment

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
ottogary

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:36:03 AM

1. Possibilities always available, but at this moment that would be impossible if the way of the cryptocurrency is still the same that all of the altcoins depends on Bitcoin.
2. That would be depend on the quality of the coin itself, if it's good enough and able to takes people trust, then the way towards that point will be open.
3. I prefer to hold my coins instead of selling them right now and purchase on ICO.
libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 03:37:01 AM

'Approaching news of bull run' — I am sure until people have this hope, bull run won't be coming.

Old coins has survived the multiple harsh bear markets, unlike ICOs which disappear in such markets. So my trust would go with old coins.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:06:13 AM

There is a difference of which ones. I mean there has been a lot of old coins that went to zero and a lot of old coins like ethereum and bitcoin and litecoin that are still high. There are new coins like IOTA and Bitcoin cash that are new but made a lot of profits to the investor whereas there are a lot of new coins that went to zero.

Basically, no matter when a coin was published even if its old or new, there is a possibility of going really high or going really low. It doesn't matter when it happened, it only matters what happens to them after a while. One huge difference between those two is that old coins didn't had ICO, they were not existent one day and next day they had a wallet, it was created just like that, whereas new coins get ICO funds to work on. I don't know if that is good or bad but that is a big difference for sure.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:28:04 AM

Old coin and new coin is doesn't matter what's matters most is the strategy and the trust or the way we select a good coin to hold. I believe that there are a lot of old coins that is really amazing and there are also old coin that failed same as new coin, there are a lot of new coin that is rising and there are also new coin that fall. So I believe that it doesn't matter if the coin is old or new. I think it depends on us or in the strategy that we make by choosing a good coin.
Ociwiw

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 09:00:20 AM

Definitely yes, all altcoins and therefore also depend on its price no less than on its own capitalization!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: