Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:11:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Old coins vs new coins  (Read 27401 times)
vinasky

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:49:12 AM

I think there is a number of promising new coins that can compete with the traditional ones
For example Grin https://cmc.io/coins/grin and BEAM https://cmc.io/coins/beam, EOS https://cmc.io/coins/eos and Ark https://cmc.io/coins/ark
And some really interesting ones like BitTorrent https://cmc.io/coins/bittorrent and Thrive https://cmc.io/coins/thrive-token
So it will be very interesting to look at what will happen next  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:53:21 AM

old coins: coins that went through the bull run
new coins: are ICO tokens from projects during the bear market,mostly not listed on exchanges.

It is obvious that all the aspect of the space had struggled due the giant force of bitcoin. Over the past year the average dump in price of most of the old token/altcoin from the last bull run is close to 90% while the new coin are holding to their price. Most ICOs in the later part of 2018 decided to postpone the listing which their decision could be justified or condemned as the market revives.
With the approaching news of bull run and present the value of altcoins,
1.  can the altcoins ever hit the ATH price even at $20000 bitcoin?
2. Can the new coin from ICO be an alternative even with so much old coin held in some portfolios?  
3. will you choose to hold on to old coins or sell to invest into new ICOs?

My choice is still the old coins. ICO projects are now really dead and there are very few successful ICO projects. I think it will soon be replaced by STO and IEO. I will be willing to sell the old money to invest in the IEO because now is the trend of investment and it is easy to make a profit.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Mr.Noda

Activity: 1344
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:59:02 AM

In fact, it is now very difficult to make a choice in which coins to invest, but I would still prefer old coins.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MEGABSC ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
konfuzius5278

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 03:31:38 PM

I believe the crash was partly due to the large amount of shitcoins being incredibly overvalued, and this will be what prevents the next bullrun until like 95% of today's coins are worth next to nothing.
so many small, niche coins or just copies of other coins being worth billions..
The crash was set by banks to save their gains:
The problem was to set up the possiblity to bet on falling price of BTC. in combination with a market that had rised too fast it was the beginning of the end.
Secound problem even for people involved in crypto: scam exit or maybe hacked exchanges.
I paid listing for my coin at 7 exchanges, 3 of them are alive

Small coins are forks of bigger one ok but are not always ICO.
Look at small coins like HTH, KYD or RESQ. They may have dropping prices at the moment but they have an idea and I think thats important.
Even coins like MIC3 as fun coin have their "be there authorisation": Its like playing farmville with trading a coin.

Althought there have been real shitcoins I invested: My "favorite" scam is REEF is lost 500 Dollar

So be careful for invest, but also invest in small coin

For the german speaking community please visit my Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4uWvf8yNBVE39YYlI5N9Q
Wayrey2020

Activity: 198
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:14:37 PM

I noticed that all successful new coins are doing good than some old ones, most old coins are just created then to make instant profit and since they have no more value they're dead, even though scam project are more common these days than back then.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:29:32 PM

In fact, it is now very difficult to make a choice in which coins to invest, but I would still prefer old coins.
you are right. a lot of coins used to still exist, and have a high price when listing to the market. well, we don't know the effect of a project or not. however, I think the development of old coins is faster than the coins currently available.
Yalovtsev

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:34:47 PM

The new coins are certainly more likely to succeed than than many old, and this is connected primarily with the fact that for 1 year of market decline and longer,many of the projects have tsantili their collected money to Razvitie industry,and salaries and so on,plus the air fell by more than 10 times,and many of scarpati kept the money in the air,so that newcomers have more chances to survive until the long-awaited market growth,and thus before the dawn of the industry!

TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:42:46 PM

I noticed that all successful new coins are doing good than some old ones, most old coins are just created then to make instant profit and since they have no more value they're dead, even though scam project are more common these days than back then.
if successful, of course it is better, but the question is whether new coins will survive if there is a bearish storm later, like old coins that have been proven to be able to survive, even though the value is declining, but at least they are not extinct.
Mia44

Activity: 412
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 06:02:37 PM

for question number 2 I will answer. yes, because some people who have the knowledge of learning about the advantages of an altcoin project, they save it for more than a month, waiting for ath to arrive

go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 06:09:05 PM

old coins: coins that went through the bull run
new coins: are ICO tokens from projects during the bear market,mostly not listed on exchanges.

It is obvious that all the aspect of the space had struggled due the giant force of bitcoin. Over the past year the average dump in price of most of the old token/altcoin from the last bull run is close to 90% while the new coin are holding to their price. Most ICOs in the later part of 2018 decided to postpone the listing which their decision could be justified or condemned as the market revives.
With the approaching news of bull run and present the value of altcoins,
1.  can the altcoins ever hit the ATH price even at $20000 bitcoin?
2. Can the new coin from ICO be an alternative even with so much old coin held in some portfolios?  
3. will you choose to hold on to old coins or sell to invest into new ICOs?

My take on these questions:
1. Many altcoins should hit ATH again but not all.
2. There is always room in the market for any new and great projects.
3. I will hold on to old coins that are good or top ranked and invest in ICOs from new funds mostly.
Pomogator

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 06:09:42 PM

No, not one token will not be able to beat a bitcoin record of twenty thousand dollars. He has reached such a price due to his great popularity. No other cryptocurrency will become so popular.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 06:36:04 PM

For me I would go with the old coins since they already have a value and they already prove their worth,
They would be with us for a long run unlike those new crypto that doesn't have a value and isn't sure if they would be listed.

Ispep

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

The future of security tokens

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 06:41:19 PM

No, not one token will not be able to beat a bitcoin record of twenty thousand dollars. He has reached such a price due to his great popularity. No other cryptocurrency will become so popular.
I concur, even envisaging that any altcoin will get that high is kinda funny, even for the bitcoin to get back to that price would be a miracle.
New coins as you put it are struggling to cope simply because the old coin bitcoin is low at this time, the market needs to recover first before we can begin to make any of such decisions listed in the op.
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:15:18 PM

For me I would go with the old coins since they already have a value and they already prove their worth,
They would be with us for a long run unlike those new crypto that doesn't have a value and isn't sure if they would be listed.
they do not prove their value. they simply became popular during the growth wave in 2017. now this projects has nothing

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
mekar sari

Activity: 1302
Merit: 501

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:17:13 PM

not all old coins proved to be of value , a lot of old coins went down price and could just disappear , for me it depends on how much the trader likes the coin and over time the coin will pump own

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
sertans
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:29:46 PM

Good questions for 2019 I would rather combine both old coins and plus some trusted new coins. I see the advantage of old coins that they have already got enough money for their development and at this bear market condition they would be able to mostly finish their development. These good old coins waiting for a new bull run for new ATH values. On the other hand new coins on these bear condition is very undervalued they may have a huge split on prices.
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:32:18 PM

You should open coinmarketcap. there are coins that are more expensive than bitcoin. but it's not about cost but about capitalization

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
10c

Activity: 658

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:38:54 PM

I agree with you. Now new projects appear in such a difficult period for the market and they really want to bring new technologies to the world.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  

Jump to: