Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:00:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it worth to invest in Ethereum or wait for Ethereum 2.0? I want to invest 5k  (Read 336 times)
Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 05:00:36 AM

I have 5k and i want to invest in Ethereum. But i read that Ethereum 2.0 will come soon.

Would you invest the 5k tomorrow in Ethereum or wait for Ethereum 2.0?
I think right now is not a good time to invest in ethereum, almost all holders sell all their ethereum when they heard that constantinople upgrade has been delayed because of the security issues. I suggest you wait a little bit more when the constantinople is nearly launched.

coingecko

Activity: 247
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 05:04:04 AM

It depends on what is your purpose for investing your money. If you are looking to speculate for short term gains, crypto might not be the best choice in general. However if you are looking to support the project, dollar cost averaging method, i.e invest $100 per month consistently every month would be the best method for you to keep your interest high for crypto projects for the long term.

It is always more important to look at projects with long term fundamentals instead of short term gains, because alot of us are here for the long haul. Cheers mate!

Track bitcoin holdings by public companies and bitcoin price on CoinGecko
oemar bakrie

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 05:35:23 AM

If I am better for invest that have an easy exchange rate. But it's all not as we imagine it must be able to predict what tokens we will buy for invest..!!

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
LUGHUL

Activity: 387
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 05:42:10 AM

If you want to invest in ethereum then before hardfork (constantinople) happens you have to invest in Ethereum. Because after Hardfork Constantinople finished the price of Ethereum might be 3x higher than now. Before Hardfork (Constantinople) was the best choice to invest in Ethereum.

▼ mindsync.ai ▼
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
△ Join now △
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 05:42:24 AM

I see no reason to expect something. Ethereum is now very low in price compared to the fact that it recently reached $ 150. Before the improvement, the price of this coin will rise again and it will definitely grow in value if the improvements prove successful. Therefore, you need to buy it now, this coin will always be in demand and in the future it will grow in value.
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 05:58:34 AM

I think it is better to buy now before the 2.0 upgrade takes place because it might surge in price after the upgrade and it may be too late then ,I personally believe Ethereum will appreciate in price after the upgrade so now is the best time to invest in it

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 06:06:04 AM

for investment, the word should not wait because when we wait too long then when Ether 2.0 launch and prices start to rise, then we will be left behind. therefore, invest from now on.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 06:45:24 AM

For what its worth I think Ethereum is currently at the lower end of its range and is unlikely to fall much further unless it is forced lower by a collapse in the price of Bitcoin below $3,000. Don't forget that Bitcoin is still the main driver of the crypto market.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Abosede

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 06:45:42 AM

I think you should follow some technical analysis if you actually want to invest now. If you have choose to invest, you can invest in ethereum now because the price is down,waiting for ethereum 2.0 is not a perfect idea to me because you cannot be sure when it will come,it is better to put your money where your mouth is.
Weeker

Activity: 546

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 06:52:09 AM

I have 5k and i want to invest in Ethereum. But i read that Ethereum 2.0 will come soon.

Of course, it is better to wait and wait with such investments to wait for improvements or see what happens after the upgrade. Investing the full amount now does not seem to be the right step, although the losses will be up to a maximum of 10%.

Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 07:03:04 AM

How long are you willing to wait for your investment to bear fruit? It's not the first time that the launch of ethereum 2.0 was delayed (due to delays on constantinople). If it is okay for you to buy now at $100 range and wait until 2020, then investing $5K tomorrow would be a fine decision.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:12:24 AM

I think you should invest now because when ethereum launch it's 2.0 platform the price of ethereum will increase at that time you can take your profit, investing after price increase isn't a good decision.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
r_uyab

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:16:22 AM

I think investing in ethereum now is a good decision to get more profits, because now is the right time you can buy it.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:24:22 AM

there is no ethereum 2.0, and no it is not worth investing in it no matter what it is called. ethereum is a bad investment even if it has given some people big amounts of profit. it still is a terrible project because of all its flaws and bugs and the lack of important features such as decentralization and immutability and security. and when it comes to its price there is no future for it in long term because it has no cap. there literary is unlimited number of ETH available which will eventually make it as worthless as grains of sand.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:29:44 AM

you are silly and dumb if you do it. But it's your money.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 03:51:49 AM

Ethereum 2.0 is still some time away so there's no real hurry if you're wanting to gain benefits from the increased usability and adoption by investing for that reason, however, with high quality cryptocurrency assets like this you're better off buying it as cheaply as you can and now it's representing good value and even though it could potentially get a little bit cheaper you'll find long term the current price is not overvalued whatsoever

jubilarian

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 06:54:21 AM

I think that you should first of all start from the state of the market at the moment when you plan to invest. I think that you can invest in Ethereum, but only when It falls back to 80 or even 70 dollars.

Agree with you, I also believe in ETH and waiting to buy it at the price like you mentioned. In 2019 a lot of DApps on Ethereum platform will be released so ETH will comeback.

dewildance

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 07:06:35 AM

What I like about Ethereum is that there's no one that can beat him every day, even though his rivals are increasing every day.

Technically speaking, NEO, EOS, Waves, XLM and many other platforms are still trying to pass Ethereum.
vasilisc555

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 08:27:58 AM

Ethereum is already at its minimum values. I strongly doubt that he will fall even lower, but he must grow with a very high degree of probability.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1160

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 02:50:52 PM

I think the price is as good as it gets right now. I would suggest investing right about right now. Always try to remember to put some stop loss so you do not get bummed out if the price falls. In that case if you put something like 5% or so in stop loss you will get your cash back with a small 5% loss (who hasn't had that much of a loss in crypto) but if it goes even further you can recoup more ethereums later on and hope that when it goes up again when the 2.0 happens you will profit much more.

That is the defensive strategy of course, keeping the coins and putting stop loss, there is also offensive strategy where you keep on buying the more you can afford, don't just let it be at one entry point, price always changes, have multiple entry points and you are safer.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████