Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:32:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fucking Ponzi's and the idiots that buy into them + List of Shills  (Read 15312 times)
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:00:23 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 05:54:43 AM by zolace

What blows my mind every time i visit the gambling section why they allow a flood of ponzi sites to clutter the first page.  Why would they even allow people to promote SCAMS on their forum?  I really do not understand this at all.

To me it seems like everyday there are more and more of these ridiculous ponzi scams.  It becomes brutal to swift through them all so you can find a thread worth reading.

Its makes me question whether the mods are in on these ponzi schemes to allow a blatant scam to be promoted.

Ponzis are not gambling they are a SCAM they will always be a SCAM how can you allow con artist and liars promote SCAMS?!?!?
It's allowed cause it is, it's not up to you to decide. If someone posts something racist here, does that mean the forum staff promotes it? No.
Anyways, updates about the issue is discussed here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=510636.msg5657950#msg5657950, and we'll post likely see a new forum section soon.

Quit whining already.

I remembered you showed up when these ponzis started appearing.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:10:29 AM

Lol, someone is obviously upset cause he's embarrassed about a horrible comparison and his pathetic rants about his first world problems.
Ran out of arguments - jumped to personal insults. Classic.

I'm sorry if you were insulted, sometimes the truth is painful  Wink  I see no value in arguing with you - as you are completely stubborn in your view and utterly hypocritical. 
mem (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:52:53 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 08:33:50 AM by mem

mods, i know this is bad form but please sticky this.  and then force ponzi's to go off into another subthread of their own.

Mem, well said.  i hope people will listen to this, but knowing people, easy money is just too good to pass up.

I think they belong under an "active scams" sub forum, then let the idiots go nuts.

Why do you feel the need to call everyone an idiot? People can think for themselves, stop thinking you're smarter.

We all know this is the gambling forum and there's a chance we won't get our money back if we put money into a ponzi.

Hello IDIOT</s>
Yes I know, it does not help get my point across to point out just how fucking stupid the people that buy into these things are.

But as to why, well frankly those that participate are............what is  the PC word for idiots, someone help me out here, Gullible ?.

edit: gonna shove in all my replies here:

People can think for themselves, stop thinking you're smarter.

What?  If people can think for themselves, then it's entirely possible that the OP is smarter then them.

You know what I mean.

My opinion is OP is someone who's very into gambling, is annoyed he missed out on some of these ponzi's so has a personal vendetta against them and those who take part, simply because of his own choice (hence all the name calling)

LOL but no, Ive been kicking around longer than most but nice try there.

Im pretty concerned though, if all you have understood so far is that "I missed out on these ponzis" then you are definitely an idiot and fail to grasp how ponzi's are different to gambling games.

mem, I'm with you in this fight.  they have simply been allowed to take over.  spirit of marketplace/gambling, destroyed in a scammy ball of bitcoin dust.  I feel it too my man.  

Hi Micon, great to see you are still active in these parts, Im long over due to login to seals and have a game btw Smiley

My honest concern is that this forum is moderately corrupted, I remember strongly arguing with theymos about outing Pirate@40 only to have some then famous shills come out of the woodwork to derail the topic.
Theymos made the arguments (paraphrasing) that he can host advertisements for anyone and if people are to stupid not to see a scam for a scam then its their own fault and of course the.... forum needs money !!! (lol).

I enjoyed a description of the 3 types of people who get in and out early

Thanks, we have some that still rear their ugly mugs on bitcointalk last time I was here.  
Honestly, take last years bitcoin conference talkers and about 1/2 of them end up being this years scammers.

Guys, we're having a discussion with a global mod over in "meta" if you'd like to contribute regarding the ponzi epidemic.

Sweet, link please.

Besides being completely illegal in some countries and extremely deceptive, ponzis have overtaken the gambling section.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494662.80

I posted a topic in Meta about this to hopefully create a sub-board for these types of pyramid scams.

Maybe if enough people post in the thread, it will create pressure to create another board.

agreed, this place is currently a wasteland of scams, its a disgrace it was let run this far.

Besides being completely illegal in some countries and extremely deceptive, ponzis have overtaken the gambling section.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494662.80

I posted a topic in Meta about this to hopefully create a sub-board for these types of pyramid scams.

Maybe if enough people post in the thread, it will create pressure to create another board.

The admins have already ruled that ponzi's with their own website are perfectly fine for this section.  I don't know how to convince them otherwise, as several of us have made very convincing arguments about how they violate the spirit if not the letter of the "gambling" forum.  

Well Theymos is most certainly imho corrupt, he took part in advertising for Pirate@40 with people like myself going to great lengths to explain to him that this is not just wrong, its fucking illegal - to which he goes "dont care, Its my forum, also why havent you donated yet".

I don't think that the ponzi games here actually fit into the law book definition of ponzi. Most games show all transactions and it's part of the game that new payments can stop at any time (and it's also obviously possible for the person that runs the ponzi to deposit themsevels in the beginning.) Non of this is hidden.

Its a bloody ponzi, not gambling and highly illegal in most countries.

Well then how about making threats to the site ADmin, if they dont get rid or move them we can actully report the site for hosting illegal games.  They can lose there Hosting and they will have no choice to listen to us.  What do ya think?

Please, no threats - its not how you go about lasting change.

The issue is that these sites and their operators are anonymous, they pay bitcointalk and other advertisers without any morales (again taking a stab @ theymos) to help promote their scam. Once it is discovered they register a new domain, make a new bitcointalk account and pay bribe theymos to promote their scam advertisement.

Ponzis are only illegal because they try to masquerade themselves as a genuine investment. Why is that so hard for people to understand? When everything is out in the open its nothing more than a game (unless the operator runs away, but anyone who handles other peoples money can do that)

If you're talking about the sites such as leancy, then you're going to have to prove they're a ponzi if you want to get anywhere.
This is true, there would be nothing illegal about it if they were honest, "send money and we might send it back, or not, or do whatever we want with it".

Very well said, I got a good chuckle out of that.
The mental backflips some people do to explain their idiotic investment or defend their scams is hilarious.

mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:19:19 AM

post was getting a bit long, cont:

I think it's interesting that most people hanging around here are so liberal when it comes to weapon and drug trade but get all christy when it's about Ponzi schemes, because they're soooo illegal. I'm not defending ponzis, but to be honest if you can't handle it, turn off your computer, and you won't be exposed to it, I promise.

..., ok excuse me but I have to say something rather rude at this point.

YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT, IDIOTS EVERYWHERE NOW FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES BECAUSE OF YOUR EPIC DISPLAY.

OK, that was unprofessional of me Tongue

Here is my counter to your "argument":
On Silkroad, sellers of fake drugs would receive bad ratings and that would be the end of their business.
The buyer knows what he is buying and the seller knows his next sale depends on his last N sales feedback.
Both parties are entering into this agreement with realistic expectations.

Oh wait, I just realized your trying to say that anyone that uses drugs is as bad as a ponzi operator.........
In case you are not aware, the argument you are using is the very same mentality and arguments NAMBLA use. have a good long think about that and get back to me.

edit: adding more replies:

A pain in gambling for you perhaps. But you're not the only person who uses this forum and neither are the others who posted in this thread agreeing with you. If you don't like them why not just skip past the thread? All of them have ponzi in the title so its easy to do so.

Gambling != Scam.

Allow me to treat you like the shill &/ idiot you are.  
I endorse unprotected sex (feels good man), you attempt extend my statement to defend rapists by saying "rape is fine its just unprotected sex, if you dont like it just keep walking".

what are some cons to moving ponzi's to their own subsection?

The biggest con is for the ponzi operators, they will be fighting against a sea of shills and no person in their right mind would head to a ponzi section of a forum.

I think its sad we are actually suggesting a ponzi section instead of using the ban hammer unmercifully on scam artists.

Ran out of arguments - jumped to personal insults. Classic.

Indulge me everyone and keep the personal insults to "idiot" Wink

Yes, the main issue isn't really one of the morality or legality of Ponzis, but the fact they're off-topic in this forum and should be moved to a relevant forum, preferably some shit-pit toilet where they can swim in turds, choke on them and die.

Whoops, got emotional there at the end.

I admire your passion and fully agree with the sentiment Smiley

What blows my mind every time i visit the gambling section why they allow a flood of ponzi sites to clutter the first page.  Why would they even allow people to promote SCAMS on their forum?  I really do not understand this at all.

To me it seems like everyday there are more and more of these ridiculous ponzi scams.  It becomes brutal to swift through them all so you can find a thread worth reading.

Its makes me question whether the mods are in on these ponzi schemes to allow a blatant scam to be promoted.

Ponzis are not gambling they are a SCAM they will always be a SCAM how can you allow con artist and liars promote SCAMS?!?!?

Indeed, you moderate a gambling sub forum and allow nothing but scams to clutter the first page, your either:

• A terrible mod
  • Corrupt
  • Theymo's little bitch - you get your mod status as long as you dont fuck with the revenue stream

mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:34:12 AM

and more

It's allowed cause it is, it's not up to you to decide. If someone posts something racist here, does that mean the forum staff promotes it? No.
Anyways, updates about the issue is discussed here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=510636.msg5657950#msg5657950, and we'll post likely see a new forum section soon.

Quit whining already.

Quite the hypocrite arent you.

Ponzis == free speech
complaining about scams = STFU AND STOP WHINING.

Shill identified.

apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:02:07 AM

and more

Quit whining already.

Quite the hypocrite arent you.

Ponzis == free speech

Shill identified.
Not saying you're not allowed to whine like a b*tch, but do it in the same
thread and keep yourself up to date on whatever is happening. Free speech
is one thing but being upright annoying is another.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 03:43:17 PM

People please avoid ponzi's like the plague.

Here is the very simple description of a ponzi:

a) Idiot hands over money to con artist.  
b) con artist pays (for example) 1% interest weekly on your investment.  
c) idiot decides he wants to compound his investment so interest is never collected.
d) Ponzi operator runs off with funds when investors ask for withdrawals.

Or the Other Method:

c) not quite an idiot collects 1% interest a week and tells everyone how great it is.
d) The ponzi operator can do 100 weeks of payouts before running into trouble, they usually will stop when they stop getting new investors.

Now I know there are many people that make the following claim: The trick is to get in and out early. and they are one of the 3 types:

1) shills - they never invested anything but claim they did and that the payments WERE FABULOUS.  
2) idiots who think they will be  the first in and out.
3) idiots who were lucky enough to actually be 1 of the first in and out. Its the same as leaving your wallet/phone/camera with a random stranger on the corner of the street - yes sometimes they are honest but guess what, its terrible advice to give anyone and to claim success at doing so is just encouraging other idiots to invest.

Finally:

Ponzi's and pyramids are not gambling its a way to syphon money from idiots.  
These long running pyramids...... you will find out all the success stories are sockpuppets of 1-2 people right at the top.

PS: Friends dont let friends order from BFL.
Erm, the sites are labeled as a ponzi scheme, they aren't lying. All it is is another bitcoin gambling game, just like satoshi dice, you may win, or lose, but the person USUALY does not run away with the money

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
spixel

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:49:32 PM

c) idiot decides he wants to compound his investment so interest is never collected.

Or the Other Method:

c) not quite an idiot collects 1% interest a week and tells everyone how great it is.
d) The ponzi operator can do 100 weeks of payouts before running into trouble, they usually will stop when they stop getting new investors.

Now I know there are many people that make the following claim: The trick is to get in and out early. and they are one of the 3 types:

1) shills - they never invested anything but claim they did and that the payments WERE FABULOUS.  
3) idiots who were lucky enough to actually be 1 of the first in and out. Its the same as leaving your wallet/phone/camera with a random stranger on the corner of the street - yes sometimes they are honest but guess what, its terrible advice to give anyone and to claim success at doing so is just encouraging other idiots to invest.

Finally:

These long running pyramids...... you will find out all the success stories are sockpuppets of 1-2 people right at the top.

Erm, the sites are labeled as a ponzi scheme, they aren't lying. All it is is another bitcoin gambling game, just like satoshi dice, you may win, or lose, but the person USUALY does not run away with the money

+1

Mem, you really need to accept these bitcoin ponzis are not a scam (most of them at least)

Everyone knows this is a gambling forum and as with all gambling, returns are not guaranteed.

You seem to have it set in your head everyone running these ponzis is a scammer and everyone is having their btc stolen. The fact is a large amount of people have made money from them, and most of those who lost have no regrets as they knew what they were investing in. We are all adults and don't need people to try hold our hands.

If you are really interested in protecting people from scams, perhaps check your gambling thread, I have made a useful post there.
howzar

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:34:21 PM

Or the Other Method:

Finally:

AGREED.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:37:38 PM

Mem, you really need to accept these bitcoin ponzis are not a scam (most of them at least)

You really need to face reality!  A Ponzi is inherently a scam, and if it isn't, it's something other than a Ponzi.

It's utter lunacy to defend this crap.  Do you think shit like this makes Bitcoin look good?
spixel

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:45:13 PM

You really need to face reality!  A Ponzi is inherently a scam, and if it isn't, it's something other than a Ponzi.

It's utter lunacy to defend this crap.  Do you think shit like this makes Bitcoin look good?

But its not a ponzi, its a ponzi STYLE game.

Everyone knows it is before risking their btc so who cares how it works or what its called?

People are gambling their btc to make profit. There will be winners + losers like with all gambling.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:39:11 PM

If you look at the people playing, it's probably 95% or more newbies.  They'll learn.  It may be the hard way but sometimes it's the only way. 

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:28:34 AM

Ponzis == free speech

Shill identified.
Not saying you're not allowed to whine like a b*tch, but

Ahh here the shill goes. He jumps from attacking free speech to claiming everyone should stop bitching.
The reality is you wish to promote scams and dont like getting called out on it, you attempt to defend scams using free speech but then attack free speech when its used against you, finally when you get acussed of attacking free speech you start insulting those with differing opinions "no no they can be a big bitch if they want".

Ahh shills, their just paid bigots and nothing more.

mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:36:50 AM

Did you just defeat your own argument before giving me the chance to do so ?

Anyway lets break it down, a gambling game has an average payout of around 95% or higher but individual payouts can range from x0 to x36 (using roulette as my example). A Ponzi's max payout is usually 80% (individual payouts being 1-7%) then they pack up and run, there is NEVER a payout greater than 100% just operators pretending to be players and their shills.

A Ponzi is a scam.

Again since Im dealing with idiots I'll give you an example.

Doing surgery without a license is illegal.  
The reason that we dont allow people to operate with a disclaimer of "derp Im actually just a butcher" is because as a society we need to look after the weaker links in our chain.

In case your not grasping my point, you strike me as the type of person who would see his local butcher/ vet to get his appendix removed and then advise others to do the same.

mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:39:18 AM

You really need to face reality!  A Ponzi is inherently a scam, and if it isn't, it's something other than a Ponzi.

It's utter lunacy to defend this crap.  Do you think shit like this makes Bitcoin look good?

But its not a ponzi, its a ponzi STYLE game.

Everyone knows it is before risking their btc so who cares how it works or what its called?

People are gambling their btc to make profit. There will be winners + losers like with all gambling.

No its a ponzi and you are an idiot.

Sorry, but its tuff love time.

Im not going to debate that something that looks walks, quacks, shits and swims like a duck is not actually a duck.

mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:54:22 AM

Time to be harsh, those defending and worse endorsing scams will be permantly ignored by myself and listed at the head of this thread as shills/ dishonest characters.

spixel, you are first congrats.

mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:00:47 AM

If you look at the people playing, it's probably 95% or more newbies.  They'll learn.  It may be the hard way but sometimes it's the only way. 

It is and the only reason I bothered with my gambling list was to protect newbies.

Do you really want to see newbie after newbie getting ripped off by the next pirate@40 wannabe, the next BFL pre-order ?
Or should we do the right thing as a community and cut these turds loose ?

mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:03:55 AM

Well then how about making threats to the site ADmin, if they dont get rid or move them we can actully report the site for hosting illegal games.  They can lose there Hosting and they will have no choice to listen to us.  What do ya think?

Fully endorse this action (the reporting not the threats), lets use this community for something positive and show that the majority want no part in these ugly scams.

I cant wait for some of these ponzi operators to miss step and reveal their ID - I for one would get chub reporting them to their countries financial and fraud crimes dept.

spixel

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:06:53 AM

This is hilarious, can't even be sure if you're serious.

Have fun with your little pointless crusade.

"Herp Derp PTY LTD" is accurate.
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:13:11 AM

Spixel I know your one of the operators you been bumping your own ponzis for while now

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: