Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:10:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized Exchanges  (Read 3297 times)
Greeenmtn
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 04:54:01 PM

There is no highland of knowledge. Advises, suggestions, corrections and the likes are welcome, peradventure there is any. I look forward to update this thread with more DEXes as they lunch. This might also come from you. Therefore, if it is genuine and reliable, i will also add it. Thanks for your anticipated contributions.

UPDATE IN PROGRESS...

Great post, took me quite a while to process it all. Many commented on the need to spread the word of DEX's and the difficulty of doing such. I totally agree! as I am seeking to let people know about a leveraged futures exchange called LEVERJ. It is coming out on mainnet this month.

But I wanted to share a chart that may help educate everyone on the variety of DEX models (while highlighting LEVERJ  Wink ). The models span the spectrum of on-chain matching, orders, and settlement versus off-chain matching and order management.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mmesooma1
Copper Member

Activity: 150

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 06:55:06 PM

This is quite an interesting read. I am sure it will help alot of newbies that will come across it. One of the disadvantages that hit me as a newbie on DEX platform was its uneasy interface. I had polymath tokens then and wanted to sell it on etherdelta. It took me two days to learn. It was horrible experience for me but today I can comfortably trade on all exchanges

Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:00:06 PM

What an intriguing efforts from you buddy! Taking your precious time out to post this is actually so amazing. It's refreshing we still have resourceful people like you in the space. This i believe will be helpful to so many of us. Gracias amigo!
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:05:30 PM

A huge advantage and very important to me is the security of decentralized exchanges, I've already ready many cases when the personal data were stolen and users were blackmailed by the thieves to send them money. That's the situation which cannot happen here.
LD2164

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:26:50 PM

Don't waste your time with projects promising to build a dex.
Just come trade on BlockDX. You don't have to sign up, no KYC, coins stay in your local wallet, uses a fully decentralized order book, super fast, secure, and looks/feels like a cex
In developement since 2014
The interchain era is here
Just try blocknet and BlockDX. Links are in my sig

Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 03:42:32 PM

Don't waste your time with projects promising to build a dex.
Just come trade on BlockDX. You don't have to sign up, no KYC, coins stay in your local wallet, uses a fully decentralized order book, super fast, secure, and looks/feels like a cex
In developement since 2014
The interchain era is here
Just try blocknet and BlockDX. Links are in my sig
You surely have an exchange that looks good with good features, but there are also some other DEXes that offer the same opportunities. Notwithstanding, the main thing we need now on DEXes is volume. My believe is that very soon, perhaps starting from this year, we will start seeing positive changes towards that. I am also looking forward to the lunch of other prominent exchanges, such as BinanceDEX as stated by the author of this thread.
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 04:53:56 PM

I am very strongly encouraged by the fact that most of the people have a very good attitude to the ideas of the developed cultural community with all of the displaced forces of the body of forces. WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF DISTRIBUTIONAL IMPROVEMENT OF SPACE.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 04:57:03 PM

Decentralized exchanges still not the best place for the regular traders since it is not having enough people to find the trades in quick time but this is good that we are having so much decentralized exchanges.
fonzie_vite

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 04:59:47 PM

DEXs need liquidity and a simpler UI. I believe it will come with time. We're still at the beginning!

I have personally used IDEX, 0X and Loopring and found them to be good except for the liquidity issue.

Once DEX I am looking forward to is VITE (fanboying here! Grin). I have high hopes from it.
nlaara12

Activity: 238
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 05:35:06 PM

this is actually one of the best if not the best post i have seen on the forum for a while now, there many exchanges that i am getting to know through this post. Thank you so much for this post.

imusify  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
DiscordProduct DemoO3 Wallet :: Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper  ❰  ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN  ❱  Explainer Video
belli4388

Activity: 197

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 05:40:19 PM

congratulations for the list of dex i did not know that there were so many, personally i use both the traditional exchange as binance that the dex as forkdelta when i can not find a token listed on traditional exchanges i look for them on dex i am equally comfortable with both

space available pm me if interested
Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 05:49:17 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2019, 07:22:47 PM by Invigorated

Nice write up... In as much as the benefits of DEX are, I still think there are a lot of challenges associated with them. This has to do with the complexities, non user friendly and in most cases, operational difficulties to name a few. I still think there are a lot of good Centralized Exchanges coming up with decent features to challenge the more established ones. One of such exchanges is Catex. Catex as a platform that has a lot of exceptionalities in the way it was designed with invariable characteristics. Catex hopes to impact full transparency in trade and also amend the market so as to achieve moderate liquidity. This exchange has some revolutionary features and ideas and its only a matter of time before it becomes a force in the industry. Check them out...
Perfect35

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 04:42:48 PM

The trust we have in cryptocurrency today, is through its decentralized nature. Therefore, if the crypto exchanges can also be fully decentralized, it will eliminate the issues of hack to an extent if not 100%.
I believe it is a gradual revolution. We are still seeing a lot of people not wanting to cross to decentralized exchanges mainly because of liquidity. We just need a little spike and the whole process will begin.
pedpedped101

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:02:20 PM

I am just trying to imagine the state in which those who lost their funds through some centralized exchanges would be.
Even if there will be continual usage of CEX, there should be a means through which the funds of users are insured, so that if there is any form of loss, it can easily be covered.
If thus is not ensured, traders might begin to think of the option of going for decentralized exchanges.
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 11:07:16 AM

~
Whenever i come across this thread, it gives me the assurance that a time is coming that, decentralized exchanges will get more audience in near future. Whatever is bound to succeed starts this way. At first, it might nit gain much of recognition, but by the time  the awareness increases, we begin to see changes on the positive side. Even if all DEXes will not succeed, there will be some that will bring great transformation in the cryptospace.
Greeenmtn
Copper Member

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 04:14:37 PM

Do you think that Binance dex will solve the biggest problem: the low liquidity? Because currently no DEX could provide big trading volumes and I do not understand why. People do not believe in DEX?

for those hoping the Binance DEX may be the answer, I just saw an interesting video really calling out the motivations behind the Binanace DEX. As always, do your own research. https://youtu.be/xXmYxN8g2TQ

fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 04:26:51 PM

good article, and I think we are on the right track as a bounty hunter, where most of our tokens are exchanged, deposit or withdraw in decentralized exchanges like idex, etherdelta or forkdelta.
dipeco
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 08:39:06 PM

DEXes are really great and I would love to trade on them every day, but there is a pretty big problem. There is no decentralised exchange that supports all major crypto currencies and if you want to trade them you have no choice but choosing a centralised one.
claus-rich

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 08:40:57 PM

Last year, I believed that all exchanges would become decentralized. But now I understand that the cryptocurrency market is at a loss, and these exchanges have become less popular.

Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 09:51:59 PM

Decentralized exchanges are very promising now. This year there are many such exchanges, because they are now enjoying great success.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: