Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:19:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the ICO culture dead already?  (Read 17465 times)
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 10:51:50 AM

In my view it's almost dead at the moment. But the launch of Binance ICO launchpad tells us that there are forces in this world which are interested in crypto crowdfunding. There is a small chance that we will get back to 2017 in terms of ICO with a new form - STO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 10:53:05 AM

ICO is not dead, but it is no longer as profitable, although there are exceptions, such as Bittorent
It came to happen that crypto isn't behave so well due to some bad issues which is really affecting the mindset of the others. As we notice that more ICO have failed and turn into scam, it greatly ruin the image of crypto space and make investors to worry for not making money in here or losing it. However, there are still procuring ICO which we can trust and make a lead for turning back crypto into good.  
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 11:25:50 AM

ICO is not dead, but it is no longer as profitable, although there are exceptions, such as Bittorent
It came to happen that crypto isn't behave so well due to some bad issues which is really affecting the mindset of the others. As we notice that more ICO have failed and turn into scam, it greatly ruin the image of crypto space and make investors to worry for not making money in here or losing it. However, there are still procuring ICO which we can trust and make a lead for turning back crypto into good.  
Yes i agree on that, crypto is not dead but it is only in a down trend because of the negative issue that we are facing, there are so many scam ico that exist in crypto feild and there are so many victim that loss thier asset because of this scam, I believe that investors are now afraid in investing on ico that is why some other ICO are dead because no one really wanted to invest a big amount because of so many scam ico, it is really affect the crypto that is why we need to report scam ico so that they will not exist and the trust of crypto will back to normal.
Abosede

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 11:29:00 AM

we may not be able to get projects that will perform the way Dao,and waves perform but there still some good ICO out there,recently we had BitTorent sold out in minutes,we also had HARA TOKEN sold out in hours which proves that there are still good ICO,we just need to dig deep to get these projects.
benres

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 11:33:44 AM

Indeed ICO is already one of the crypto system that have been abused so much that a cryptocurrency enthusiast has a lot of doubts in joining a projects that offers ICO. ICO once heard by a newbie will now doubt that it would be a scam already and will not join unless they are swayed enough to join an ICO platform so I think it is a really a dead culture as of the present.
SwiggHeart

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 11:58:23 AM

No, there are still so many ICOs outta here. ICO culture is always live everyday and its gonna be renewed by a new ICO from others project.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 12:05:17 PM

Indeed ICO is already one of the crypto system that have been abused so much that a cryptocurrency enthusiast has a lot of doubts in joining a projects that offers ICO. ICO once heard by a newbie will now doubt that it would be a scam already and will not join unless they are swayed enough to join an ICO platform so I think it is a really a dead culture as of the present.
This is all because there is no standard that regulates the circulation of the ICO project. this is evident from the ease of making a project so that there are so many projects that do not have good quality that they fail to implement their projects. this is the thing that will always happen, there must be a special institution that regulates it. If not, the longer the Ico project will be abandoned by investors.
kurian

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 12:14:26 PM

Scams and unpromising projects has made investors skeptic to invest in new ICO projects. Most of the promising projects were not able to deliver their tokens on the speculated time because of the market conditions. This has made the situation much worse and people lost their interest in ICOs and found it not profitable as it was before. May be with the next bull run, many new projects would pop up for sure.

gudjhonson

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 12:19:40 PM

ICO culture is starting to decline and be lonely, far different from the fertile year 2017, many rampant scams and useless coins. But each period will not be the same, this is the process to get better and more useful.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 645

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 12:28:22 PM

ICO culture is starting to decline and be lonely, far different from the fertile year 2017, many rampant scams and useless coins. But each period will not be the same, this is the process to get better and more useful.
Is just a hype causing crypto market to soar high in that year(2017) and ain't gonna be happen again. Though hype will makes the prices up and everyone make big money on that time but in return, sorrows had come.
We are truly affected from this fall and even many ICO's have unable to raise enough money for their project causing them to stop. It is acceptable that last year isn't the perfect time crypto and we hope that it could be changes this year.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Mymikagab

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 12:31:57 PM

I see most of the ICO's now is postponed due to the market condition and eventualy they hard to raise the soft cap. But if you have time try to search good ICO's now i think theirs a lot of them but didnt get full support. ICO's now waiting for stable market before listed in the exchange. Some of my friends surrender now to do bounty, but me i continued doing this because i know their is a good ICO's.
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 12:32:28 PM

Apparently, ICOs are not yet dead it just not profitable anymore and many investors lost interests on it because it were targeted by scammers, creating fake projects just to fool investors  and run away after collecting funds. As this year, i have read some news that Bittorrent (BTT) is making waves nowadays and created great hype on toward investors.

Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 12:45:21 PM

That is because ICOs are changing direction. We now have IEOs which are fast gaining popularity and it is only a matter of time before huge projects start rolling out their own IEOs like the ICOs we had last year

meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 12:52:21 PM

no, it's not the end of ICO's, but it's hard to find a good ICO these days some of them can not reach soft cap still many failure ICO's and scam.

jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 01:02:42 PM

ICOs are merely rebooting. Investors are wary of any project dubbed "ICO" these days. That is why they fail to perform well during their token sales. ICOs are a great way to raise funds for legit companies. I don't think the culture will be gone any time soon

Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 01:39:10 PM

Here's an ICO report by CoinCodex for December 2018 and January 2019.

The ICO market is just going downwards. In January only $143 million was raised (December 2018 was $504 million). It's still a lot overall but since the ICO hype the drop has been drastic.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
normanderecho

Activity: 460
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 02:03:03 PM

Forgive me if I’m living under a cave, but I haven’t heard any news about the promising ICO’s in a long time. Maybe you bounty hunters will have a better idea. Apart from the scams posted for the fake ICO’s, I don’t see any interesting projects like Dao, Liks or Waves these days. If you have any such projects to share, please list them down below.
I think its hard to find on what you're  looking for on these days,especially we are still on decline market. But when you think about regarding with your rank,  you must have more knowledge than us in finding a good ICO.

Dannev

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 02:10:35 PM

No need asking or good projects. All you will get here is a long confusing list. To me, I see no promising project yet because many turn out will unexpected value.
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 02:12:07 PM

it has been very difficult to find a good ICO project as you want, because in 2018 there were many scam ICO projects so that this year made the ICO project reputation worse, especially when the market conditions were bad so it was very influential on ICO sales, now only luck if we get a good ICO project.
sayaya17

Activity: 1638
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 02:20:26 PM

Now the crypto market member have dropped dramatically, all of that can be seen at CoinCodex, I hope in the future condition will be better so many investors can believe in the ico project, so the ico project will not die

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: