Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:38:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to keep the BitCoins Safe?  (Read 17660 times)
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 06:01:35 AM

You can store in Exchange wallet like Binance, kucoin or Bittrex. All are secure and trusted. Besides you can use Blockchain or Trezor.
Thats bad idea, if you keep your money in exchange, third parties are very vulnerable to hack and cheat. so don't use a third party to store your money, of course you heard the recent news about cryptopia right? I think you should learn from this tragedy
We have no control on our exchange wallet so I also believe that this idea is not good in terms of security. Better to buy a hard wallet, and to keep you safe from any scammer try not to make any transactions that is not trusted and don't deal to anyone you don't know. Exchanges are very prone for the hackers be careful even if its a top exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 07:01:20 AM

You should never keep in exchanges more rhan you need to trade in the near future. Exchanges can be hacked more easily than a hardware wallet.

If you have important amounts of crypto, just buy a ledger nano s or other cold wallet.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Stac

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:10:39 AM

Now a days Bitcoin has taken the world by hand better than tradition currency . People  all over the world has accepted Bitcoin as a trust worthy currency than fiat currency since Bitcoin is a digital decentralized currency no intermediary is involved in the transaction of money so there is no extra expense in transactions and the transaction is fast with low fees .Since to be safe with Bitcoin we have to be caution and have to take some advantages .Bit coin can be kept in wallets and the safest way to keep your private keys away from the internet so you cannot be robbed by hackers we can store the Bitcoin offline in a hard wallet .

emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 08:55:34 AM

You can store in Exchange wallet like Binance, kucoin or Bittrex. All are secure and trusted. Besides you can use Blockchain or Trezor.
Thats bad idea, if you keep your money in exchange, third parties are very vulnerable to hack and cheat. so don't use a third party to store your money, of course you heard the recent news about cryptopia right? I think you should learn from this tragedy
We have no control on our exchange wallet so I also believe that this idea is not good in terms of security. Better to buy a hard wallet, and to keep you safe from any scammer try not to make any transactions that is not trusted and don't deal to anyone you don't know. Exchanges are very prone for the hackers be careful even if its a top exchange.

If we do not have the intention to trade our coins in the near future, it would be better if we withdraw all our coins and store it in our personal wallets. Leaving coins in exchange for a relatively long time is certainly very risky. There are many examples of cases that are less pleasant about it and we should make the anticipation.

CryptoInsights

Activity: 141
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:04:25 AM

If we do not have the intention to trade our coins in the near future, it would be better if we withdraw all our coins and store it in our personal wallets. Leaving coins in exchange for a relatively long time is certainly very risky. There are many examples of cases that are less pleasant about it and we should make the anticipation.

Use Good hardware wallets like Trezor to store your funds. Storing is exchanges is never advisable. Also, Try to trade on exchanges that do not ask for KYC as there are cases where the KYC documents are sold after the exchange is hacked.

Few exchanges that do not ask for KYC are:
1. Bitmex
2. CoinSwitch.co
3. Changelly

Commitments

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:31:36 AM

Wallet offline is the best solution how to keep your bitcoin si save, never use online wallet for keep holding your asset on long term because its really risk and many hacker will try for access your bitcoin wallet or your account.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:56:34 AM

Wallet offline is the best solution how to keep your bitcoin si save, never use online wallet for keep holding your asset on long term because its really risk and many hacker will try for access your bitcoin wallet or your account.

im using online wallet for a long time and i never been hacked . it only depend on the user on how he secure his wallet  .  but yes your right , offline wallet is more safer because no one can harm you . its advisable if you have lots of balance in your account but if you are only a small time bitcoiner like me , then no worries  .  no hacker will have an interest to touch your coins . hacker are also choosey they go for bigger account holder  .
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 10:10:41 AM

The end result of any exchange using third parties will not yield good and reliable result. Never forget the recent attacked on exchanges including the trusted ones which lead to major lost of customers funds. Experience has taught me not to ever keep my coins in any exchange because i was a victim of the said Cryptopia hacked account with over $300.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 10:19:48 AM

im using online wallet for a long time and i never been hacked . it only depend on the user on how he secure his wallet  .  but yes your right , offline wallet is more safer because no one can harm you . its advisable if you have lots of balance in your account but if you are only a small time bitcoiner like me , then no worries  .  no hacker will have an interest to touch your coins . hacker are also choosey they go for bigger account holder  .

Comrade, i will state this categorically that, not all hacked are done without the negligence of the Hodler. Many hacked were as a result of ones carelessness to either a friend or to a relative. These type of negligence could lead to the lost of $40 to $100 and above, once you cann't secure your private keys and password then get ready to loose any amount to petty hackers weather the said amount in the account is small or big.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 10:28:52 AM

Bitcoin was introduced for perfect anonymity and al the transaction was recorded publicly  in block chain technology. Bitcoin seems to be secure because of the digital decentralized and anonymity of the transactions  To keep Bitcoin safe, store a small amount of Bitcoins in wallet app  for low value transactions and not to give your private keys to anybody .
jeromix
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

Ako Bayot!

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 10:44:09 AM

Of course there is no other way to keep bitcoins safe and that is to create 3 or more hardware wallet if you just intend to hold bitcoin. But, if you are trading it then definitely that would be risky and it will compromise your holdings for there are many scammers, hackers, and fraudsters out there. Hackers would be the main reason getting out your bitcoin while your sleeping and the other reason if your bitcoin will be stolen is just due to your ignorance.

Ruffian1314
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 11:34:44 AM

Its really better to keep your bitcoins in a hardware wallet that leaving it in an exchange or web wallet because its more risker than a hardware wallet. Mostly crypto experts recommend a paper or hardware walley to keep
your cryptocurrencies.
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:07:30 PM

Its really better to keep your bitcoins in a hardware wallet that leaving it in an exchange or web wallet because its more risker than a hardware wallet. Mostly crypto experts recommend a paper or hardware walley to keep
your cryptocurrencies.
Your discussion is good in all regard but I only chose blockchain as it keeps our bitcoin safer from all kind of having issues and it helps us to hold and let it grow, I am happy I am using blockchain it is best wallet ever, we can save as long as we want, nothing is bad in it, blockchain is easy to hold and it is helps us keep our bitcoin for long as long we want to hold.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 03:34:09 AM

The end result of any exchange using third parties will not yield good and reliable result. Never forget the recent attacked on exchanges including the trusted ones which lead to major lost of customers funds. Experience has taught me not to ever keep my coins in any exchange because i was a victim of the said Cryptopia hacked account with over $300.
I also feel it, in the end we can't do anything. because the local police will certainly not respond to your report. all we have to do is
save assets in a safe place, dont use third party ! and if you want to trade, use an old exchange that is already guaranteed
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 03:51:28 AM

Hack and Hacks, every day I am waking up to the news of crypto exchanges getting hacked, recently a crypto exchanges founder died and he seem to have a hold of $190 million worth of BitCoins with him.
I have taken a pledge of never using a custodial exchanges, even if it is Binance, and not matter how much CZ says that he will keep the cryptos SAFU, I am not doing the mistake of keeping my money at stake.

I did a detailed study of what exchanges to use and what wallets to use -

• Exchanges - Instant exchanges only, Changelly, ChangeNow, CoinSwitch etc.
  • Wallets - Divided into two parts - Ledger NANO S for long term investment, and keeping the funds safe, MultiCurrency wallet for trading, ex - Gaurda Wallet, Exodus Wallet

Let me know what you guys think.

I think you shoukd visit this thread for another option in saving our precious crypto assets

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4459629.0

Infinitus team are now creating a Super wallet to bring cryptonians a better and safer holdings of our assets

Hope you’ll find useful in this one,since we as a cryptocurrency holders are looking for something we can rely kn,specially in times of emergency
tetyulfania

Activity: 653
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:16:58 AM

If you keep save your bitcoin or your altcoin asset on online exchange wallet always use google authicator and keep is safety than without use 2fa, you have keep your phone is safety and do not know about your phone.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:26:18 AM

You can keep your bitcoin asset is safe by always use best and potential exchange for holding your bitcoin asset, never save your bitcoin on new exchange market because is risk some time your fund is lost without any reason.

There's no such thing as safe exchange, no matter how trusted or legit they are. Remember, not your keys, not your coins. If you're a trader, don't leave loads of fund in your exchange, withdraw them somewhere safe like a hardware wallet or wallet that you have total control.

@Siren - thanks for that info, I'm not aware of Infinitus wallet, I'll probably check them out.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:42:11 AM

You can keep your bitcoin asset is safe by always use best and potential exchange for holding your bitcoin asset, never save your bitcoin on new exchange market because is risk some time your fund is lost without any reason.

There's no such thing as safe exchange, no matter how trusted or legit they are. Remember, not your keys, not your coins. If you're a trader, don't leave loads of fund in your exchange, withdraw them somewhere safe like a hardware wallet or wallet that you have total control.

@Siren - thanks for that info, I'm not aware of Infinitus wallet, I'll probably check them out.
you're right, it might be quite dangerous to save assets on an exchanger. however, I feel that there are still many people who do that, even me. I know that saving assets on hardwallet is safer. but, maybe saving the exchagner is simpler. well, that might apply to short-term storage.
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 06:29:22 AM

Hack and Hacks, every day I am waking up to the news of crypto exchanges getting hacked, recently a crypto exchanges founder died and he seem to have a hold of $190 million worth of BitCoins with him.
I have taken a pledge of never using a custodial exchanges, even if it is Binance, and not matter how much CZ says that he will keep the cryptos SAFU, I am not doing the mistake of keeping my money at stake.

I did a detailed study of what exchanges to use and what wallets to use -

• Exchanges - Instant exchanges only, Changelly, ChangeNow, CoinSwitch etc.
  • Wallets - Divided into two parts - Ledger NANO S for long term investment, and keeping the funds safe, MultiCurrency wallet for trading, ex - Gaurda Wallet, Exodus Wallet

Let me know what you guys think.

At last the holder has to decide, where his assets should go after he/she passes away. This is just getting wasted when leaving the coins on a wallet and disappearing. What is the use of even keeping them safe when its not usable by any. Best think can be done is, choosing a person a nominee and leaving out the details to the nominee when he / she falls sick.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Mawa1127

Activity: 139
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 08:21:41 PM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: