Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:35:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What causes tokens been dumped after a successful ICO.  (Read 874 times)
sadewa69

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 01:04:03 PM

As already mentioned, there are a lot of reasons for falling, as it turns out today, a lot of people believe that cryptocurrency is probably one of the most volatile areas. I think that investors are now of little interest in holding tokens.
indeed like this the crypto market conditions, we cannot expect a stable market, many people are attracted to crypto because of the rapid market movements, which makes people benefit. but for today I think the market is still safe, even though there is a decline but the last few weeks of price movements in the market are not so far away.

beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 05:15:52 PM

Many of the point is true but you also need to know that hunters too contribute immensely to the dumping of token. In fact, there are many hunters that are also investors so the dumping is from both side. Above all from my experience, I have also noticed that some project dev deliberately dump token in order to crash the price. Also rate of dumping can also be influenced by the listing exchange itself. from my own view 95% of token listed on exchange platform such as Latoken always end up hurribly dumped.
I have always suspected project developers too, just that you were faster in raising the accusation than me and if we look at the developers, they create the coin which means they will automatically have the larger part of the coin, just that they might not display this for public consumption which they end up dumping first ahead of any major investor that might wish to dump it too, but I don’t know if I am making any sense in this, don’t we think this act also might be good to control the rate of dumping from users, this might make the investor decide to hold the coin for long since the price they crashed it to might not be the desired one which will give such project more time to develop their project.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 09:54:18 PM

A lot of factors can cause a token to drop in price drastically, but this is the major reason why we see a dump in the price of crypto coin that hits the exchange, this exchanges most of the time make use of airdrop to get users into their platforms which is one major problem in the crypto space because this users end up dumping their coin for penny since they don't know the worth of the coin they are holding, I think it's best to carry out bounty instead of just airdrop because bounty needs one to commit his/her time.
Goodvalony (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 02:25:58 PM

It's widely known that the biggest dumpers are presale and private investors who get big discounts in ICOs. In your example, you are talking about one investor who gets a 25% bonus, which is relatively low considering that there are ICOs where early investors can get 50% or higher bonuses. They can easily sell their tokens, get profit and buy again at a much lower price.

thanks brother. you got my point. that exactly what i am trying to say. yet project owners will blame it on hunters.  things need to change.
Goodvalony (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 02:32:55 PM

The major causes after successful ICO is because of the investors that are invest huge amount during the pre sale and during ICO. After they have make their money and  profit they have in focus they decided to dumped the token.

Discounts are evil. Bounty in tokens is evil as well. Both of them lead to a strong dump after the listing at any exchange. To prevent it founders should spend a lot of money to buy back tokens at the exchange with a high price. But there are too few teams which are able to do that.

this can only happen if project owners really trust their project and wants to see it develop. everybody is after the money now.  some owners never really care much about the project they are working on. they all want to make gains and dump the project for another one. i think it acceptable for people that feel ICO should be abolished for one to focus on the available projects.
KingDome

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 02:34:04 PM

Most of the tokens were oftentimes dumped after the ICO because of the people want to cash out their bounties or the investors just simplly not believe the project.
Chika08

Activity: 544
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 02:49:54 PM

I think this are done by the project, they list below the ico price. One thing I understand is that many of this projects fail to even reach its soft cap and that's more reasons why they listed below its ico price.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 03:30:42 PM

If anyone says about the ICO investment it will be definitely not going to perform good in the future so the existing tokens are to be not valuable right now so the trend of ICO investment was already been expired so we have to move on and need to change our field of investment

aprilnot

Merit: 102

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 03:37:11 PM

It's widely known that the biggest dumpers are presale and private investors who get big discounts in ICOs. In your example, you are talking about one investor who gets a 25% bonus, which is relatively low considering that there are ICOs where early investors can get 50% or higher bonuses. They can easily sell their tokens, get profit and buy again at a much lower price.
yes you are right, those who get big bonuses when presales receive special treatment such as lock tokens or whatever makes them unable to sell tokens when listing. this might be a little cruel but that might help prevent dumped

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Mrsparks

Activity: 406
Merit: 5

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 03:42:09 PM

In my opinion sometimes the developers are the ones responsible for this mayhem.. I have seen situation where they  keep manipulating prices after listing only to dump on investors.. The reward and incentivize disbursements mechanisms is also a factor.. Giving too much bonus to private investors and releasing all this bonuses to the market all at once causes mayhem to the value of most cryptocurrency

[     I C A      |      icacoin.com      |      IEO is live on Sept 2019     ]
━ ━━━   The Revolution of Digital Advertising   ━━━ ━
StatesManG
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 03:42:55 PM

It's simple,  projects lists below ico price, not Enough liquidity, people dump. But most of all, many of this projects never merits softcap and lied to people so there was no way they could list at its ico price

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
pamsugas

Activity: 1092
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 03:49:26 PM

there are many possibilities for ico success but after entering the market the price really falls.
I think because :
1. Large investors only seek profit and throw it away
2. These coin products are bad so investors are not interested and move to other projects.
hotimbineh

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 04:18:10 PM

being an investor needs to be careful and be able to take a position because of the wrong steps so that the losses they get because of it; they threw it away and tried to find a better ICO to cover their losses

Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 09:50:21 PM

Those who have the ability to acquire a lot of tokens, known as whales can bring about a plunge in the price of a coin.
I was surprised when I discovered that, they can intentionally dump part of what they have at very low price and later sect to buy back again.
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 10:47:38 PM

It is normal for a token to dump after a successful ico
Everyone wants to dump for an initial profit

And it is bound for every legit project to survive the dump and be valuable to holders
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 11:03:56 PM

I agree that investors is the big actor behind the dumping, the reason is simple it's for profit when the investors see that the coin hit exchanges and reach the price target then they will sell it, most of them invest for profit not because the project is promising, bounty hunters and airdrop holder sometimes also take part in the dumping but the percentage is small
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 11:12:35 PM

As the nature of the crypto ecosystem remains a decentralized system, dumping of cryptocurrency will always exist in the crypto market. Since the market value of cryptocurrencies depend on the principle of demand and supply, when investors or bounty hunters get a lot of a particular token, its very likely that the supply will be more than the demand causing people with majority of the tokens to drop their price just to sell their tokens. Too much distribution of tokens to investors or bounty hunters is the main cause of dumping after a successful ICO.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
AtlantaFive

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 11:25:00 PM

There are several factors affecting the price of the token after ico. There are a lot of people that will sell for a small profit because they think small profit is good then they can join another ico. Another is bounty hunter dumping below ico price. Who will not sell if you got tokens from bounty. It does not matter if the price is below ico as long hunters got decent amount of it. Product is not yet ready or investor think they had invest in bad project.

Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 11:25:22 PM

The general cause of dumping is as a result of fear as most people are never too certain of the real intentions of the project owners. As such, they easily sell to play safe.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
StreakW

Merit: 107

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 11:25:37 PM

Yes i agree with you, that tokens are dumped in the market by the investors not bounty hunter, alokasion for bounty only 1-3% and will be split with many participant, but for investors on average 40-60, that's include bonus. So who controls the market are investors, and bounty hunter only follow the market condition

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: