Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:40:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ☛ Signature Bounty & Merit System  (Read 18751 times)
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2019, 12:55:01 PM

More than a year ago Merit System was integrated to Bitcointalk forum to make forum messages more informative and quality (or should make it)
That is the question\idea: Why Bounty campaign starters/managers don't use that?
For example it would be an additional bonus for Signature Bounty participants if their message will be merited. It will confirm (in ideal) that the message will be detaily read and estimated and signature will be noticed for sure.

I like the idea of this. It should be used as an added incentive to the bounty hunter. However, it can be abused by greedy people who purchase merits on the black market

soramon

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 01:05:28 PM

This idea is briliant unfornutely its so hard to implementation in rules. The participant in bounties almost thousand bounty manager cant handle it. BM cant check one by one post from every participant. Also the quality of post will be check.

Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 01:10:03 PM

It would be really a brilliant idea and merit system would get its success. Shitposters will get out of the campaign and forum will also get cleared which the objective of the merit system.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 01:47:06 PM

If bounty managers are up for the additional task, then why not?

But honestly speaking, I think there is a higher chance that a new post having a lot comments will be rewarded rather than merited post/comment. 
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 01:53:53 PM

Actually, this merit system is not really done for that. This system is made to block accounts at current rankings. Because as we can see, nobody gives us merit for qualitative messages. In general, merit is given to friends, not to qualitative posts. However, the number of merits is exaggerated to promote one ranking to another.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 01:59:09 PM

Actually, this merit system is not really done for that. This system is made to block accounts at current rankings. Because as we can see, nobody gives us merit for qualitative messages. In general, merit is given to friends, not to qualitative posts. However, the number of merits is exaggerated to promote one ranking to another.
No man, for quality post, people get merit. You can check a lot of people get ranked after the merit system. problem is altcoin board is so big and no one visit because shitposters are full of it. That's why we don't get merit.
joeperry

Activity: 2128
Merit: 465

Telegram: @jperryC

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 01:59:48 PM

I've seen some risk in there, we don't know who're the participants are or we also don't know how many accounts do they have? let's say he/she has an account of maybe 3-4? and have their own smerits it can be a cause of abuse in the campaign and also there's a merit selling that exist in this forum how will we know that the merit that was received by user is legitimate? If the users will not going to abuse this it will be great since more people in the signature campaigns will do their best to improve their post and received merits.

mikaeltomcruz12

Activity: 556

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 02:24:39 PM

Merit system is so hard for us and especially on newbie because it so hard to earn merit and some others don't really want to share there merits. And some are selling there merits for a real money.
lamacchia

Activity: 342
Merit: 4

LUCRETOKEN.COM

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 03:08:42 PM

It looks easy when we want to get services, but the reality is not that easy. It is difficult for me to get these services because indeed they provide limited services and maybe I have to buy them, but I don't want to buy because they don't have coins to buy. Just trying to come along to comment and hope that someone volunteered to give me a service. Hmmm

LUCRETOKEN.com ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE
sopanbmp

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 03:14:51 PM

merit system is very effective to minimize low quality of the post, surrely new members with low rankings have a challenge to improve their rank.
Balzhi

Activity: 518
Merit: 161

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 03:18:16 PM

More than a year ago Merit System was integrated to Bitcointalk forum to make forum messages more informative and quality (or should make it)
That is the question\idea: Why Bounty campaign starters/managers don't use that?
For example it would be an additional bonus for Signature Bounty participants if their message will be merited. It will confirm (in ideal) that the message will be detaily read and estimated and signature will be noticed for sure.

what a nonsense. everyody will start to give merits to themselfs ans their friends with their crap posts with "-" value. than admistration will an everyody axcept moderators and their friends.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███      (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌      ███||
|   Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram   |
nebuch

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 03:24:11 PM

The common point would be obvious when it comes to lower ranks or higher rank owned not just one account and merited his/her own message for the sake of bonus system. It is good but can make the counting of rewards more complicated and unfair.
Rostock

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 04:25:21 PM

I believe that the system of merit was unsuccessful in this forum, because many who really writes good posts, not getting rewards. On the bounty issue, I think it's just an extra pain in the ass for bounty managers, so they don't want to do it. I've only seen the bounty where you need at least 5 merits for participation.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
s4mp1nt0

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 04:40:42 PM

not gonna work. it will turn to abusing merits and the campaign. theirs a lot of bounty hunters with a lot of accounts. they just merits their-self for the bonus. and its not fair for the legit users.

Franzinatr

Activity: 389
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 04:42:36 PM

Bounties with more rewards if the member has higher merit than the "default rank = merit" basically encourage people to buy/sell merit in this forum or cheat it in any ways. The bitcointalk rank is enough for now for bounty managers to base how much he/she will rewarded for the bounty participants.

Dannev

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 05:45:09 PM

Thanks for this. You really hit it. I think it should be the primary aim of signature campaigns. It should be put in consideration, and not just checking if participants made posts. Quality posts should also be merited.
uralcryptocoin (OP)

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 06:46:44 PM

This idea is very difficult to implement in practice. Because it is not clear when a post will receive merits, maybe it will not receive any merit during the campaign, but it may receive merit after the campaign. What happens in this case?

After the ending of the campaign participants usually remove the signature immediately. So those posts can't be counted for that campaign

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
louisBSAS

Activity: 623

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 11:14:30 PM

Some bounty managers do not even read what the members of the subscription bounty campaigns write; they only compare the number of messages at the beginning of the week and the number of messages at the end of the week.
Because of this attitude of bounty managers to their work, the number of crappy posts on the forum is growing.
I would be glad if bounty managers would protect only high-quality messages and encourage those posts that Merit received.

JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2019, 11:19:14 PM

I tried to do this when I participated in translation campaigns. Like, after I successfully completed a translation I asked the managers to merit me because that would help me a lot but.... they seemed to not care. I don't even know how the merit system is doing any good in the forum.
jakagintiri

Activity: 420

www.coinxes.io

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 11:28:42 PM

I tried to do this when I participated in translation campaigns. Like, after I successfully completed a translation I asked the managers to merit me because that would help me a lot but.... they seemed to not care. I don't even know how the merit system is doing any good in the forum.

Every bounty manager applies a different system in giving gifts. The merit system will be strange if it is associated with a translation campaign. It is very clear that the merit system in the forum aims to build good post quality.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: