Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:40:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is it possible that the bitcoin was created by governments?  (Read 22568 times)
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:55:52 AM

Government is against decentralization or any currency that they can't control so it is impossible that a government created bitcoin. Bitcoin would have been easily legalized also if government created and there is no need to ban it or implement a strict regulation. If government want to create their own cryptocurrency, i believe it will be centralized.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ABYANSYARIF

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

www.savedroid.com

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 06:18:38 AM

Very possible, but I don't see any signs like that, because if this Government project, it may not be the secret to tens of years. the Government is not good at storing secrets. too many people have an interest in the governance structure.

WWW.SAVEDROID.COM (https://www.savedroid.com) - CRYPTO SAVING FOR EVERY ONE - SIGN UP & STAY TUNED
Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 08:20:54 AM

According to conspiracy theory, Is it possible that the bitcoin was created by governments to gain financial strength in the modern world?

While everything is possible in this life, I don't see a reason governments to create something which is competitor to their money, cannot be controlled by them and cannot be 'minted' by them like fiat money?

As I'm seeing it, this is no more than conspiracy theory.
It does not even reach that point, at least some conspiracy theories despite their wild claims make some kind of sense, but the theory that bitcoin was created by a government does not have any kind of support for example, governments already have the exclusive right to print fiat, with bitcoin anyone with the right hardware can mine bitcoin, fiat can be printed without any limit, bitcoin has a limit in the amount of coins that will be created, governments can take away your fiat in bank accounts, they cannot do the same with bitcoin, I could go on but you get my point.

I dont see conspiracy theory if government create their own cryptocurrency because it should not called as crypto but digital money. As long controlled by government, that "crypto" still fiat money and the price controlled by central banks. Cryptocurrency should be decentralized and no government involve in the project

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 08:30:36 AM

According to conspiracy theory, Is it possible that the bitcoin was created by governments to gain financial strength in the modern world?

While everything is possible in this life, I don't see a reason governments to create something which is competitor to their money, cannot be controlled by them and cannot be 'minted' by them like fiat money?

As I'm seeing it, this is no more than conspiracy theory.
It does not even reach that point, at least some conspiracy theories despite their wild claims make some kind of sense, but the theory that bitcoin was created by a government does not have any kind of support for example, governments already have the exclusive right to print fiat, with bitcoin anyone with the right hardware can mine bitcoin, fiat can be printed without any limit, bitcoin has a limit in the amount of coins that will be created, governments can take away your fiat in bank accounts, they cannot do the same with bitcoin, I could go on but you get my point.

I dont see conspiracy theory if government create their own cryptocurrency because it should not called as crypto but digital money. As long controlled by government, that "crypto" still fiat money and the price controlled by central banks. Cryptocurrency should be decentralized and no government involve in the project

I agree on what burogh said . if crypto is really built by government then crypto should not be called crypto at the first place because that is sounds ugly imo . they can rather be called digital money or virtual money but even today crypto can sometimes be called a virtual money and digital money  .  i guess that also depend on the person if what name he prefer.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 09:30:06 AM

The people behind this conspiracy does not even understand how bitcoin works and so is the reason they are coming up with these sort of laughable things, the governments around the world like to control everything into their grip and they will do anything to  accomplish that and bitcoin does the opposite, it opens for free trade around the globe without any obstacle and that is the basis of bitcoin and no government wants that to happen, its like saying google facebook and twitter are created by the government to monitor each and every activity, initially it started as a useful service for the people but the government intervened and started gathering data from them and reduced the privacy of each and every individual. It might happen in the crypto space but they cannot control the free trade aspect of it.
mbluxs

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:47:36 AM

So far no one knows clearly the blockchain system created by individuals, namely satoshi nakamoto or from a government and also a company. but I don't think too much about it because for me if it's useful and can provide income then I will support it
chaintee8989
Copper Member

Activity: 200
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:54:07 PM

Why would any government create such a platform and hide their identity? I believe bitcoin is not created by the government there is no possibility of government involvement in the creation of bitcoin.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:28:36 PM

Doubtful, if they did the early mined coins would have already been moved.  They wouldn't of just sat on 20 billion dollars worth of btc at the peak.  Governments would of banned it but because of the decentralized nature there is not a single party they could go after.
yunzau

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 04:10:59 PM

It can be made by the government but they will not be interested in creating a decentralized system and anonymous users. because they cannot monitor it and take taxes from each transaction.
whiteblue

Activity: 1246
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 04:14:17 PM

I don't think that will ever happen because if the government makes bitcoin itself it will only make the place of price manipulation and the government will control the prices that are in place of exchange and will make many traders lose.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 04:42:29 PM

We cannot really tell since the founder has remain in anonymous and no one has really had from the founder except very few people at the early stages.  It is possible that government might be using bitcoin to meet up with the demand of contemporary world. 
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 05:23:26 PM

Doubtful, if they did the early mined coins would have already been moved.  They wouldn't of just sat on 20 billion dollars worth of btc at the peak.  Governments would of banned it but because of the decentralized nature there is not a single party they could go after.
For sure,government is not under the creation of decentralized payment system,because it is literally against them so it maybe created by someone from government but it is not going to be any support from the government if they want they can make it centralized and advertise it as new technology the everyone will started to use it already.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
tarable

Activity: 1258
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 07:04:07 PM

As far as I know, the government has no interference in making bitcoin, so until that time the government does not make bitcoin but to support it like that so it can grow rapidly
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 07:08:55 PM

This simply cannot be purely logical. No government benefits from the existence of a decentralized cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency and governments have completely different views and interests in the world of finance. It seems to me that if governments could, they would destroy the decentralized cryptocurrency now. What is the point of governments creating something that will fight with their centralization? No, the governments did not exactly create cryptocurrency.

bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 07:18:04 PM

WHy they need to make a coin which can kill the economy of government it if is adopted by every citizen of a country and bitcoin is not only available for only one country so the chances of creation from governments is absolutely zero,don't get the conspiracy theory too serious and even it was created by them it can't be controlled by them.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
farosa

Activity: 506
Merit: 101

1 & 0 😏

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 08:34:51 PM

Maybe yes. Bitcoin can be a beta version of a more perfect digital currency to be created in the future. The future money will be pushed forward after changing features that could cause problems. It can also be a way for these community to focus.
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:53:54 PM

This has to be one of the worst theories about the origins of bitcoin. Although satoshi is unknown he clearly isn't related to any government, if anything he is anti-government and wants to bring them down
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:43:39 AM

WHy they need to make a coin which can kill the economy of government it if is adopted by every citizen of a country and bitcoin is not only available for only one country so the chances of creation from governments is absolutely zero,don't get the conspiracy theory too serious and even it was created by them it can't be controlled by them.
right, bitcoin was created one for all. of course it must get approval from all countries, but I think it will be very difficult, considering there are still many countries that have not received it with various obstacles in their country. we know the government wants to take a role, but not for btc

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:27:58 AM

I don't think so, bitcoin has any relation to government or whatsoever, we all know where and how bitcoin started. If it is self government created why would some other country banned it if they know it will help each government the way it was made. on the contrary its not..its decentralized and has it own system and governing.

justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:57:31 AM

Governments usually get elected by the people. People usually vote for whoever talks to them most and who they know and who they trust.

Politicians spend insane amount of money just to get heard so they can say what they want to say to them and honestly it is not a shock that usually whoever spends the most money gets heard the most as well. Which means companies also pay the politicians so that both politicians can get heard more using that money and get into a position of power and also companies can get their own preferred laws from the government because they paid them.

Hence, it means that companies rule the country most of the time because of the money they fund the politicians with and expect a greater return. When a system like this exists, why would the government create bitcoin since it is counterproductive for them.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: