Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:16:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you buy National Lottery tickets with Bitcoin in your country?  (Read 16507 times)
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:30:47 PM

I am just curious to know if you can buy lottery tickets for your own national lottery in your country. I am not referring to all these scam gambling sites with supposed "Provably Fair" lottery systems.

I bought some lottery tickets online and I was only presented with the old traditional payment options and I figured it is time for us to approach these Lottery operators, to ask for a Bitcoin payment option.  Wink

If enough people ask for this, they just might consider giving us that option to pay with bitcoins.  Grin  What payment options do you have for online lottery in your country?
If your government does not accept or consider bitcoin or other crypto currencies as a legal tender/currency than no way you will be able to purchase those state lotteries with crypto currencies. But you can use third party people who will buy those tickets for you in exchange of bitcoin.
And if you really want to try some legitimate lottery, join crypto-games.net. I can guarantee you the results are all legitimate and not rigged Smiley.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sithawaka

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:34:00 PM

According to my understanding except for on line gambling sites  there is no country that has launched a lottery ticket using bitcoin as a means of payment but we would definitely expect an on line Lottery system in the near future focusing on paying with bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency because such sites are becoming more popular among many people in the crypto community and the idea is much great to use Bitcoin to pay winners because it is a valuable asset

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Sithawaka

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:37:29 PM

I am just curious to know if you can buy lottery tickets for your own national lottery in your country. I am not referring to all these scam gambling sites with supposed "Provably Fair" lottery systems.

I bought some lottery tickets online and I was only presented with the old traditional payment options and I figured it is time for us to approach these Lottery operators, to ask for a Bitcoin payment option.  Wink

If enough people ask for this, they just might consider giving us that option to pay with bitcoins.  Grin  What payment options do you have for online lottery in your country?
If your government does not accept or consider bitcoin or other crypto currencies as a legal tender/currency than no way you will be able to purchase those state lotteries with crypto currencies. But you can use third party people who will buy those tickets for you in exchange of bitcoin.
And if you really want to try some legitimate lottery, join crypto-games.net. I can guarantee you the results are all legitimate and not rigged Smiley.

Of course without a government acceptance there is no possibility but with a third party organization involvement this idea can be implemented because at the end the owner has payed the price for the ticket whether he has payed through fiat money or using Bitcoin but some governments might make restrictions against such actions

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Tramle091296

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 01:50:13 PM

Its not possible until your government accepts bitcoin and as far as i know theres a government who's not accepting bitcoin. And to those country who adopts the cryptocurrency its hard enough to execute because the first step is to create a wallet for the lottery for the bitcoin user. And for sure theres a lot of hacker that will take advantage and gets money for those careless on their accounts.

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
jonas5222000

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Student Coin

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:01:15 PM

No,not now but look now what bitcoin was,it already getting broad to the other country so the possibility is it can make sure that it could be use for our everyday need.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
naufals4

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 02:17:45 PM

in my opinion it's a good idea because by using bitcoin as a payment tool for lottery tickets because by buying lottery tickets using bitcoin will make it simple and safe. but the thing to do first is make bitcoin legalized throughout the country

e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:27:38 PM

The supposed national lottery ticket in my own country can be obtain simply by the use of traditional means, as digital currency has not be implemented into our payment methods. Our National Lottery ticket is made available by our local currency but believe that in due time the government will allow bitcoin as one of it options for payment as they are much working on it(Bitcoin) adoption.

Which country?

Taken a look at situations in germany and austria, the "Tabaktrafiks" turned into head shops who include sale of post stamps or allowing money withdrawals, besides their offer of lottery tickets AND ... they are selling you Bitcoins wrapped as so called Bitcoinbons. Mostly due to Bitpanda I assume, a local exchanger.
Germany still sucks on that, but they suck on everything else, too.

amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:48:43 PM

Bitcoin is still not expanding in my country and I do not think it will ever happen.Actually I'm forced to say it bitcoin paying in many cases not available in my country.But I got some news in some cases to will be used bitcoin paying.and the ticket price is much less expensive therefore, it will not be accepted by all countries.
pretius99

Activity: 169

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:10:50 PM

the options available in my country are only local currency in my country, illegal cryptocurrency has made it difficult to bet online here

niceboy999
Copper Member

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:36:21 PM

i think i will buy but here in my country unfortunately no Lottery service available only Bonds you can buy and try your luck.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:52:46 PM

Nope, we have to convert it to fiat first in order to buy a lottery ticket. I don't see any country accepting crypto as a payment for a lottery ticket yet, i guess banks don't want digital money they really want cash. But in other services, we are allowed to pay cryptocurrency but not in the lottery.

Kayum10029

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:00:35 PM

No no because my country's government don't allow bitcoin because banking system fully opposite to bitcoin.otherwise banks are not able to control bitcoin over Fiat money.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:04:28 PM

Nah! National lottery tickets are too common for regular people so even if they would accept crypto or bitcoin as payment, i doubt most people would use it. I'm even quite confident to assume that those who often place lottery bets don't yet understand what bitcoin is.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:24:14 PM

Bitcoin has not yet attain it legality state and at that most National lottery don't have bitcoin as it payment method, most of them only accept the use of the traditional currency except for the gambling sites which you have stated earlier the National lottery only recognized the national currencies and sees bitcoin as an illegal currency for now.
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:25:17 PM

No no because my country's government don't allow bitcoin because banking system fully opposite to bitcoin.otherwise banks are not able to control bitcoin over Fiat money.
some countries still prohibit the use of bitcoin to be used as transactions but I am sure there are other countries when they want to buy something including tickets that have received payments using bitcoin.
harapan

Activity: 1694
Merit: 298

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 06:51:37 PM

for now in my country the lottery purchase is still using the old method, which is using fiat.
but now there are several stores that accept payments using bitcoin, and I'm sure in the future there will also be lottery payments using bitcoin.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 07:03:28 PM

In my country (Italy), you cannot buy official lottery tickets with bitcoin, although there are some gambling sites which also accept cryptos for bets. But in general al the moment the cryptocurrencies are a bit in the shadows due to the long bearish market...
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:12:37 PM

Just for clarifications, are you just asking for these kinds of lottery business to accept Bitcoin as a mode of payment? Or are you also including the thought of them having a lottery that has BTC as its prize? If you are just asking for a Bitcoin as a payment option I don't think businesses will be willing to risk their businesses for it, lottery tickets are priced cheaply and just a little 1-3% price movement could affect their income drastically.

So the best option for them is to also have a Bitcoin lottery where their jackpot is Bitcoin as well, in this category of course businesses won't worry about the price of Bitcoin as the prize pot is also BTC.
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:18:54 PM

You can't buy any kind of Naton lottery tickets here. I have never actually thought about this, but it would be a really great thing if I could buy lottery tickets with Bitcoin. I mean, you could always buy tickets for various lottery sites but I trust national lottery more than some shady site. This would also help Bitcoin's adoption.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Tduty

Activity: 448
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 09:40:27 PM

For online ticket, I am to pay our national currency through the mobile bank or wire bank! There are no possibilities to add bitcoin as a payment method for the online lottery or tickets! Because bitcoin has no tax fee, and we are living in a developing country, so our government doesn't think bitcoin can be helpful for us!

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]       Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●          ►          Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓          ◄          ●
FACEBOOK               TWITTER               INSTAGRAM               TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: