Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 07:03:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you buy National Lottery tickets with Bitcoin in your country?  (Read 16511 times)
Coin-Desk

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 05:47:26 PM

Yes, I bought the ticket for Bitcoin in my country's national lottery. It did not actually buy directly through a lottery ticket vendor. Someone else bought some national lottery tickets. But because of his emergency financial crisis, he posted his tickets for sale on an online purchase website. Then I get a chance to buy it. I offered him that I would pay lottery tickets for bitcoin. He agreed to the proposal and I gave him enough bitcoin of money. This way I bought tickets for the National Lottery with Bitcoin.

Thank you

evanescence

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 09:03:53 PM

I thought bitcoin was the lottery ticket.  Grin
Jokes aside, lotteries are often times owned by either the mafia (not tech savvy) ot government (most backwards institution).
I'm impressed that there's actual lotteries that accept it.

Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 08:32:17 PM

No national lottery payments, they only take fiat because that is what they pay out. However as demand grows there might be a national bitcoin lottery which is something i might consider participating in - but maybe not, can't risk valuable BTCs
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2019, 08:50:54 PM

In my country no-one has any trust to lottery company. So, i would definetly want a blockchain solution for lottery which can be a fair draw.

But there is not such a thing right now.

awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 09:15:35 PM

Most of the national lottery's don't recognize bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies because their are not recognised as legal currency by the government yet, the only payment option for most lottery tickets is fiant paper money which is the government recognized and issued currency in circulation.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 10:11:44 PM

In my country Nigeria, no I cannot buy lottery tickets with bitcoin as my country is yet to realize bitcoin is important and should be adopted. Though my country isnt against anyone using or buying bitcoin, we are yet to see it being used as a means of payment within the country. For now everyone uses the traditional means of payment and I look forward to being able to buy lottery tickets with bitcoin in my country Nigeria someday.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 10:17:58 PM

Honestly my national lottery doesn't even sell tickets online meaning they are not accepting debit cards as a payment method and you can only buy tickets with cash. I know this sounds ridiculous but that's the truth. Obviously they are not accepting bitcoin and probably not going to add it as a payment method until 2030 or so since the lottery in my country is pretty much for old people
Finestream

Activity: 3052
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 10:25:45 PM

Since btc has been used in several industries as a form of payment of services rendered, although its not accepted now in my country but I think it will surely used in payment of National lottery tickets as time goes on.
Maybe this will happen few years from now.But for now,our country are still not accepting bitcoin payment to buy from lottery outlet.We are still using our fiat money.But i'm looking forward to use btc in purchasing lotto tickets so that i will no longer need to go to lottery outlets but will only buy tickets online.

aioc

Activity: 2926
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 03:11:50 PM

I am just curious to know if you can buy lottery tickets for your own national lottery in your country. I am not referring to all these scam gambling sites with supposed "Provably Fair" lottery systems.

I bought some lottery tickets online and I was only presented with the old traditional payment options and I figured it is time for us to approach these Lottery operators, to ask for a Bitcoin payment option.  Wink

If enough people ask for this, they just might consider giving us that option to pay with bitcoins.  Grin  What payment options do you have for online lottery in your country?

This kind of option is not available yet to our country, our lottery is being run by the government here in our country and the majority of the people here are not yet into cryptocurrency I'm using fiat to buy lottery ticket and there are no online ticketing for our lottery the system here is so old when buying lottery ticket.

kurian

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2019, 04:50:33 PM

I am from India. Lottery and gambling are illegal in India but, some states allows it some don't. Since it is a state wise subject, there are different laws for each states regarding this matter. Bitcoin and other crypto coins never considered as a legal tender in India. We are not allowed to buy or purchase goods using Bitcoins and RBI discouraged banks not to entertain bank accounts involving in crypto transactions. So, there is no option to buy lottery using BTC.

idham29

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 02:43:37 AM

Most of the national lottery's don't recognize bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies because their are not recognised as legal currency by the government yet, the only payment option for most lottery tickets is fiant paper money which is the government recognized and issued currency in circulation.
In my country there is no national lottery because it is prohibited by the government, but if there is also it cannot buy using bitcoin because it is not a legitimate payment instrument.
Bitcoin can only be used for investment, but the government warns that all losses and legal risks will be borne personally because the cryptocurrency as a whole is prohibited for payment.

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 02:55:43 AM

In my country there is no national lottery because it is prohibited by the government, but if there is also it cannot buy using bitcoin because it is not a legitimate payment instrument.
Bitcoin can only be used for investment, but the government warns that all losses and legal risks will be borne personally because the cryptocurrency as a whole is prohibited for payment.

in what country you are residing ? lots of countries today are now supporting the use of cryptos  but dont worry meyt  , soon your country can also join the movement in order for crypto to become the global payment of the future . what i understand is that why lottery is restricted in your country  ? i mean lottery is not really a kind of gambling because on our country , lottery is partnered by a charity  .  in short , you are helping the charity if you buy lotto tickets
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 03:04:32 AM

in what country you are residing ? lots of countries today are now supporting the use of cryptos  but dont worry meyt  , soon your country can also join the movement in order for crypto to become the global payment of the future . what i understand is that why lottery is restricted in your country  ? i mean lottery is not really a kind of gambling because on our country , lottery is partnered by a charity  .  in short , you are helping the charity if you buy lotto tickets
Not really, there are still many countries that not support bitcoin, they even don't care bitcoin or cryptocurrency, like in my country. Well of course i hope my country will start accepting bitcoin especially no lottery tickets, sadly it will takes a long time imo.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 03:22:45 AM

It id good Idea to use bitcoin Payment for paying ticket lottery. I thinl lottery is big help to us because there is s lot of people play lotto so if the lottery use bitcoin as payment possible for the market to increase very high because as far as I know lottery have millions of people who play there in every country and the funds is very big or millions of dollars each game of lotto. But at this now I don't know if there some country who accepting bitcoin to lotto outlet.
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 03:42:53 AM

I am just curious to know if you can buy lottery tickets for your own national lottery in your country. I am not referring to all these scam gambling sites with supposed "Provably Fair" lottery systems.

I bought some lottery tickets online and I was only presented with the old traditional payment options and I figured it is time for us to approach these Lottery operators, to ask for a Bitcoin payment option.  Wink

If enough people ask for this, they just might consider giving us that option to pay with bitcoins.  Grin  What payment options do you have for online lottery in your country?

Well, i don't know enough about lottery system, especially in my country. Actually i have no interest on lottery and secondly i don't think it work properly, these type of things are wasting money, gambling is much better than lottery.
And online lottery system you could easy check on net and get information about it.   

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 11:24:10 PM

We have not this payment method. Because BTC is illegal in our country. Anyway Even if BTC will be legal, why do we need it?
BTC is an uncomfortable way to pay for such things. This can only be a small step for the adoption of cryptocurrencies in the world and no more.
We have many other areas where the payment of cryptocurrency will be more convenient and useful.
bhadz

Activity: 2450
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 12:43:03 AM

Not yet and not possible for my country to accept but if the operators/owners of these lotteries will start accepting that, I would be glad to support them and probably try it out. But this just can't happen for the meanwhile here in my country, there are some other ways to use bitcoin just like the usual way but they are all minimal. Adoption is coming but majority aren't prepared for this mass adoption for bitcoin, although our gov't is working on it right now.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
alina345

Activity: 119
Merit: 6

Hello =)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 01:00:38 AM

Sure, you can. My local gas station has an ATM which allows for quick and easy access.  Cheesy
rollingstorm45

Activity: 448
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 01:34:25 AM

not all countries legalize lotteries, so we cannot buy lotteries in our country, and maybe we can buy something with bitcoin which is more useful, because lotteries will not produce anything except destruction.

martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 01:35:38 AM

I can pay all my bills using BITCOIN here in my country.
I can buy game loads using it, on a specific wallet ( COINS.PH )
But buying lottery ticket is impossible to do now! unless the outlet is accepting BTC on his personal wallet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: