Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:35:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ Keep your role on default trust (DT) selection ★  (Read 988 times)
TalkStar (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 06:06:39 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2019, 08:10:03 PM by TalkStar
Merited by Welsh (6), LoyceV (4), dbshck (4), vapourminer (3), yahoo62278 (3), DdmrDdmr (2), 1miau (2), bones261 (2), LFC_Bitcoin (1), Lucius (1), Falconer (1), nc50lc (1), tvplus006 (1), o_e_l_e_o (1), Coyster (1), Rikafip (1)

"Keep your role on default trust (DT) selection"

Welcome to my thread. I think we have already got so many thread on forum which are relates to default trust selection system. I don't want to repeat those discussion again. Today i am going share some important information for our new users and IMO those will encourage them to play their role during DT selection.

What is default trusted (DT) member ?

Default trusted member specially works to keep the forum safer for its users. They are here to protect users from scammers, spammers and many more activities which are not accepted by forum community. They have got the power to take proper action against anyone who have committed fraudulent activities on forum.

What is DT1 ?

Which members are selected by voting system they get the place on DT1 list. To be a DT1 member you have to add 10 people on your custom trust list. Details will be shared bellow. You will find active DT1 members here.

What is DT2 ?

DT2 directly selected by DT1 members. Which members are in DT1 members custom trust list they called DT2 member. You can find active DT2 members here.

What is the eligibility of voting ?

If any member got 10 earn merit he/she is completely eligible to submit vote. Every 10 earn merit opens 1 vote for you. That means if you have 20 earn merits you can vote 2 person for DT1 selection. As it will increase depending on your total earn merit. Another thing is that if you have 30 earn merit but you submit 5 vote in that situation algorithm will select your vote for only 3 person. It will be on algorithms hand and no one knows for whom your vote will be counted.

How to submit your vote ?

To submit your vote you have to click on your profile first and then you can follow this users instruction for successful voting. Please take a look here;

Everything is correctly written, but I would have added more pictures for greater clarity.

How the custom trust list works ?

By using custom trust list you can vote someone during DT selection. If you include anyone on your custom trust list than its clear that you have trust on his/her judgement and feedback. According to your trust list  his/her feedback will be shown to you by default even he is not in the DT list.

As same as as if you exclude anyone from your custom trust list that means you don't have trust on his/her judgement and feedback. By default his feedback will not be visible to you.

What is Depth ?

If you select depth 1 in your trust setting than you will only be able to see the rating of DT1 members only. Its need to know that whoever included by you in your custom trust list they are DT1 for you. If you select depth 2 than all rating of DT1 & DT2 will be visible by default to you. Whoever on your custom trust list and also who are in their custom trust list will be DT2 for you. Their feedback will also be visible to you by default. Same calculation for depth 3 & depth 4

Why should you vote on DT selection?

Forum has given the opportunity to select your mostly trusted person by submitting your vote. I believe you can select them which members judgement you trust. As a citizen of your country you select your favorite party on your countries governmental election. where i believe  its your responsibility to choose the right one for ruling the country. As same as here on DT selection you have your choice and responsibility too.

What is inclusion and exclusion ?

Inclusion is the way you add someone on your custom trust list as instructed above. On the other hand if you don't like anyones judgement than you can exclude him/her from your custom trust list. You just have to use this tilde (~) before that members name to exclude.

Do you have chance to be a DT1 member ?

Yes, you have the chance if you select by current voting system which already described above. To check the requirement you may visit here.

Is it possible to be removed from DT list ?

Yes, That is the advantage of new DT system. DT1 members can remove anyone from DT instantly if he/she is corrupted. For example if Majority of the DT member exclude you than you will be removed from the DT list. Suppose you included by 3 DT1 member but 4 DT1 member exclude you than you will be removed from there.

Finally I believe every responsible member of this forum should keep their role on DT selection. Its the only way how we can choose our best faces for the improvement of our forum.

▄██████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████████▀

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

.KUCOIN LISTING WORKFLOW.
.KUCOIN COMPANY PROFILE..

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theyoungmillionaire

Activity: 375
Merit: 1021

Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 06:54:47 PM

Is it possible to be removed from DT list?

Yes, That is the advantage of new DT system. You can remove anyone from DT instantly if he/she is corrupted. For example if Majority of the DT member exclude you than you will be removed from the DT list.

AFAIK, only DT1 have the power to vote on removing DT who have done stupid stuff. Even if people wants to oust a certain DT member, their votes will not matter as long as majority of DT1 voted on the inclusion of the said DT member. 

roycilik
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1971

1% Skill 99% Luck :v

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 07:46:00 PM

~snip~
their votes will not matter as long as majority of DT1 voted on the inclusion of the said DT member. 
Looks like on this thread: REMOVE LAUDA FROM DT

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
LoyceMobile

Activity: 1654
Merit: 687

LoyceV on the road. Or couch.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 07:54:05 PM

How do beginners know who to add? I've been here 4 years and I still barely know who to add.

Mind if I promote my Trust list viewer? It's a handy tool that makes it easy to compare other user's trust lists.

LoyceV on the road Advertise here for LN Don't deal with this account (exception)
Advertise here for LN Tip my kids Exchange LN (20 coins). 1% fee. No KYC <€50/month
My useful topics: Meritt & Trust & Moreee Art Advertise here for LN Foru[url=https://bitcointalk.org/m
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 07:55:10 PM

It's worth mentioning somewhere in your guide that by setting a custom trust list you are not just voting for DT1 members, but you are also choosing whose ratings you trust, and therefore altering which ratings you see under "Trusted Feedback" and every user's trust score.

Also worth mentioning that if you remove "Default Trust" from your trust list in favor of making an entirely customized list, all ratings from DT users will immediately become "untrusted" and their impact on user's scores will disappear. Similarly, if you set trust depth to 1, the same would happen to all DT2 user's ratings.
TalkStar (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 04:11:12 AM

It's worth mentioning somewhere in your guide that by setting a custom trust list you are not just voting for DT1 members, but you are also choosing whose ratings you trust, and therefore altering which ratings you see under "Trusted Feedback" and every user's trust score.

Also worth mentioning that if you remove "Default Trust" from your trust list in favor of making an entirely customized list, all ratings from DT users will immediately become "untrusted" and their impact on user's scores will disappear. Similarly, if you set trust depth to 1, the same would happen to all DT2 user's ratings.
Thanks for suggest here to add some more info. Its a pleasure for me to have this kind of instruction. Yeah i am going to update my thread with those info soon.

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4150

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 05:06:13 AM

I have a question I wanted to ask so instead of starting a thread permit me to ask it here. It concerns who to add on your custom list. Are they those you have traded with or those you think their judgement (feedbacks) is contributing positively to the forum or Both since each users on your custom list gets a vote from you if you meet the required criteria.

Let me make my question clear for example I have Coolcryptovator, ICOethics and others on my custom list but haven't traded with any of the users but I trusted them to see their feedbacks due to their pass record of scam busting. Also since I haven't made any trade on forum but the only thing I have done which is kind of close to trade is participating in paid signature campaign and got paid by  Hhampuz and he's also on my custom trust list due to I trust his feedbacks.

Now the questions is, looking at the two situations I described above which is more fit to be on my custom trust list? Is it those you have done trade with and their feedback are trusted by you or those you haven't traded with but from general view their feedback are accurate.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 06:02:43 AM

I have a question I wanted to ask so instead of starting a thread permit me to ask it here. It concerns who to add on your custom list. Are they those you have traded with or those you think their judgement (feedbacks) is contributing positively to the forum or Both since each users on your custom list gets a vote from you if you meet the required criteria.

Let me make my question clear for example I have Coolcryptovator, ICOethics and others on my custom list but haven't traded with any of the users but I trusted them to see their feedbacks due to their pass record of scam busting. Also since I haven't made any trade on forum but the only thing I have done which is kind of close to trade is participating in paid signature campaign and got paid by  Hhampuz and he's also on my custom trust list due to I trust his feedbacks.

Now the questions is, looking at the two situations I described above which is more fit to be on my custom trust list? Is it those you have done trade with and their feedback are trusted by you or those you haven't traded with but from general view their feedback are accurate.

Both are fine.

However, you don't have to add/trust people just because you've trade $10 with them. I think a neutral tag is more appropriate for that kind of thing. Add them to your trust list or add positive trust to them if your trade involve a large amount of money, or have been doing business with them for a long time, or something similar. In its simplest sense, only add them or trust them if your transactions involve a lot of money (at least this is what I've understood from seeing this trust thing).

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 06:18:26 AM

Are they those you have traded with or those you think their judgement (feedbacks) is contributing positively to the forum or Both since each users on your custom list gets a vote from you if you meet the required criteria.
Your trust list should be a list of users whose judgement/feedback on others you think is accurate/you trust. Whether or not you have traded with these users doesn't matter.

Now the questions is, looking at the two situations I described above which is more fit to be on my custom trust list?
Both. If you trust both Coolcryptovator and Hhampuz to leave accurate feedback and be a good judge of other users, then they both belong on your trust list, regardless of your personal trading history with them.
TalkStar (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 12:51:03 PM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

Are they those you have traded with or those you think their judgement (feedbacks) is contributing positively to the forum or Both since each users on your custom list gets a vote from you if you meet the required criteria.
I think it doesn't matter too much mate that you traded with them or not. Here's you can give priority to their judgement first and then their past working history for the forum. You can find a lot of users here who don't provide escrow, collateral or any payment Service. Thats why you will not find a way to trade with them. It doesn't mean that they are not trusted.

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

Alone055

Activity: 1035
Merit: 200

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 02:16:04 PM

I only place people in my custom trust list that I know would never make rash or reckless judgements. I don't care if I have been involved in a trade with them or not, but the fact, that I know I would get full satisfaction if I get into a trade with them, is enough reason for me to trust them other than that I trust their judgements. So it doesn't really matter if there is no financial trust between you and them, but the moral trust is enough.

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 01:23:08 AM

@OP
Do 250 Merit vote also allocated in Random fashion? If you have added 15 people and having 250 plus earned merit then will it be random for 1 of 15 to get that vote?
Not following this DT topic now so now idea if Theymos added some more points after one week of inception.

I am alive
TalkStar (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 02:24:41 AM

@OP
Do 250 Merit vote also allocated in Random fashion? If you have added 15 people and having 250 plus earned merit then will it be random for 1 of 15 to get that vote?
Not following this DT topic now so now idea if Theymos added some more points after one week of inception.
You can check this mate, I think theymos already shared all particular plan for any kind of situation. He is still happy with his current system IMO.

Each user's number of "votes" in the last two criteria will be limited to floor(earned_merit / (10 or 250, depending on the criteria)). If you trust more people than your limit, then you will vote for the people to whom your vote will be the most useful, more-or-less.

I wasn't able to find either an optimal or low-error-approximate solution to this problem. My current algorithm is sub-optimal in general and could produce results uncomfortably far from the optimal solution, but the current data doesn't actually present a scenario where it matters: my current algorithm is optimal with the current data. Long-term, if I can't find an algorithm that I'm happy with, I could make the trust lists ordered as some have suggested.

When building your trust list, I tend to encourage people not to worry about little details like this, and instead just think about the system in broad strokes. If this results in poor outcomes, then that's a problem on my end.

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

TalkStar (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 05:28:01 AM

Hello guys, the only reason behind my topic was to increase users role on our DT selection voting system. Personally I think DT selection is knocking at the door. I wish its your time to contribute on this selection system to choose the right person as a DT member for whole community. Still new DT list haven't been announced yet. You can update your trust list now for submiting your vote for the upcoming DT selection.

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 11:44:44 AM

Well, this is a new system to have new DT members and replace old DT members especially the corrupt DT member and users can vote who they trust. What if you don't know anyone who is trusted by users here in the forum but the information you know about that person is through the feedback of the user who trusted that person?
TalkStar (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2019, 06:26:13 AM

Bump for newbies.

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

ScamViruS

Activity: 1736
Merit: 720

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 05:35:18 PM

What do I need to vote? Need add to the trust list? Will any member be eligible to vote?
As a new member, it's hard to understand.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 05:59:29 PM

What do I need to vote? Need add to the trust list? Will any member be eligible to vote?
By adding people to your trust list, you are also voting for them to become DT1, in addition to moving their feedback to the "trusted" section for you. You can add as many or as few people as you like to your trust list. The only requirement to vote is to have earned some merit. For every 10 merit you have earned, you will gain 1 vote, meaning you have 1 vote at the moment since you have 16 earned merit. Your vote will automatically be given to the person on your trust list to whom it will be the most useful.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 12:48:49 AM

I would like to give you merit but already run out but this is probably one of the best thread I've read so far about the trust system, it's very comprehensive I will study its structure and vote right people be a DT1, people should be educated to only vote for the best person, we need this to fight scammers in Bitcointalk.
nakamura12

Activity: 2254
Merit: 669

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 09:33:31 PM

I would like to give you merit but already run out but this is probably one of the best thread I've read so far about the trust system, it's very comprehensive I will study its structure and vote right people be a DT1, people should be educated to only vote for the best person, we need this to fight scammers in Bitcointalk.
We should vote the right people for this kind of role because if we vote the wrong person then that person might abuse his/her role as one of the DT member which is not a good thing for the forum. Voting the right person to become a DT member is like doing your best for the forum.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄