Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should those rules get applied?
Yes! We need to fix this issue! - 48 (67.6%)
Some of them are great! Which? - 5 (7%)
I think it is not needed. Why? - 18 (25.4%)
Total Voters: 71

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★█[IMPORTANT] WE Must stop the New Crapcoins! MAKE crypto better! VOTE █★  (Read 2131 times)
rednalexa (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:53:14 PM

We need to fix this issue now! Every Investor, Miner, Cryptoguy who things it sucks that we get less profit because of all new coins, please vote!

We need to do something about all the new coins coming out! We do not have to limit it, but make it take longer time to get here, and make them more professional.
We are soon over 500 Coins, and over 3-6 new coins are created every day. This is causing a huge problem for miners as the profitability is going down on every coin!
Don't you see the crapcoinclones is destroying the original purpose of Cryptocurrency?  Rules are needed to make this look way more professional.

Investors may check this "new" thing out and find pages after pages with Sloppy coins that make them run away. Like Shitcoin, Fuckbankscoin, Fuckcoin, Vaginacoin, e.t.c

This hurt the whole community, mining stuff now takes double the time then some weeks ago!

I would like to see these as rules for creating a new coin!

• Proper coinname
  • Website, pools running e.t.c
  • Non copyrighted stuff (Grumpycoin, Frycoin, e.t.c)
  • Proper first-post, great structure and should contain all needed info for a 100% functioning coin.
  • No more clones, It should have something special to it, we want to bring the technology forward, not stay in the same spot!
  • Be active in the community, show your interest, (At least 50 in activity)
  • Coin creators must be active in the thread

Imagine if we would only have the ones that are not complete clones, then all of them would have been worth more...

We are soon over 500 coins now, Please vote!
This benefits everyone, except crapcoincreators, therefore, it is best for you to take a stand!

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bofhus

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:50:19 PM

We need to fix this issue now! Every Investor, Miner, Cryptoguy who things it sucks that we get less profit because of all new coins, please vote!

We need to do something about all the new coins coming out! We do not have to limit it, but make it take longer time to get here, and make them more professional.
We are soon over 500 Coins, and over 3-6 new coins are created every day. This is causing a huge problem for miners as the profitability is going down on every coin!
Don't you see the crapcoinclones is destroying the original purpose of Cryptocurrency?  Rules are needed to make this look way more professional.

Investors may check this "new" thing out and find pages after pages with Sloppy coins that make them run away. Like Shitcoin, Fuckbankscoin, Fuckcoin, Vaginacoin, e.t.c

This hurt the whole community, mining stuff now takes double the time then some weeks ago!

• Proper coinname
  • Proper first-post, great structure and should contain all needed info for a 100% functioning coin.
  • No more clones, It should have something special to it, we want to bring the technology forward, not stay in the same spot!

Imagine if we would only have the ones that are not complete clones, then all of them would have been worth more...

This benefits everyone, except crapcoincreators, therefore, it is best for you to take a stand!

A good start would be if exchanges added coins based on other things then the biggest bribes. Forcing the devs to acctually make something other then a short period of pump.
rednalexa (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:55:05 PM

Problem is that exchanges want money, they mostly don't care about that Sad

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:55:46 PM

Djentriser

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:58:33 PM

I dont think It is doable, you cant regulate It. It is up to people that form our community, they have to mature the same way market does.
It is all still a very new economic model. We will reach point of altcoin market saturation, than possibly retreat to main cryptos, but if they catch we will see repeated rise of interest in creating new ones, so it will be cyclic, until something game changing will happen.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:02:40 PM

Don't worry marine coin and others have vowed to soon produce 10 new coins per day and flood the market with shitcoins..

If you were here during the last wave of shitclones you will noticed as more and more coins come out nobody bothers to mine them any longer.

Everyone knows new coins coming out now that are jsut clones are dead.... you will need 1000's of entire blocks to make even a few dollars.

Soon mining a new shitclone even on 0.000002 diff will be the same as mining ltc or doge at the current diff = pointless.

OLogic

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:41:50 PM

You have no clue what is or is not good for the market. How dare you even suggest such a thing? That is up to each individual to decide on their own. Your poll is skewed. You ask why for each response except your preferred one. You don't actually care what the truth is, you simply wish to force your opinions on others. And also, you can't regulate shit in the bitcoin ecosystem. If you don't like clones and coins with "copyrighted" material, then DON'T TRADE FOR THOSE COINS OR MINE THEM. Simple as that, vote with your capital and productive capabilities. If other people choose to do something else, well, then the market has spoken. Why don't you create a coin that destroys all other coins. Oh, someone might clone it? Oh no! You might have to innovate and keep your infrastructure up to date! You might actually have to do something yourself and subject your own ideas to the free market instead of forcing people to obey you? Oh man what an idea. Seriously, get over yourself. You know nothing of how economics works. The market will be fine without your stupid ideas forced on everyone else and would be worse off if they were enforced. Go read up on real economic theory.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:54:45 PM

You have no clue what is or is not good for the market. How dare you even suggest such a thing? That is up to each individual to decide on their own. Your poll is skewed. You ask why for each response except your preferred one. You don't actually care what the truth is, you simply wish to force your opinions on others. And also, you can't regulate shit in the bitcoin ecosystem. If you don't like clones and coins with "copyrighted" material, then DON'T TRADE FOR THOSE COINS OR MINE THEM. Simple as that, vote with your capital and productive capabilities. If other people choose to do something else, well, then the market has spoken. Why don't you create a coin that destroys all other coins. Oh, someone might clone it? Oh no! You might have to innovate and keep your infrastructure up to date! You might actually have to do something yourself and subject your own ideas to the free market instead of forcing people to obey you? Oh man what an idea. Seriously, get over yourself. You know nothing of how economics works. The market will be fine without your stupid ideas forced on everyone else and would be worse off if they were enforced. Go read up on real economic theory.

the market has already shown him to be correct really...... there is no need for any action.... new alts are dying in days.

Even if the coin itself has some tech innovation it does not matter it will die unless ground breaking. There is simply no services for these new coins.

I see already ninja releases... you can see they are from people just wanting to saturate the market with crap ....

Look at the coins just released a few days ago... most are dead already. Those wasting hash on them are regretting it right now.

rednalexa (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:55:40 AM

Don't worry marine coin and others have vowed to soon produce 10 new coins per day and flood the market with shitcoins..

If you were here during the last wave of shitclones you will noticed as more and more coins come out nobody bothers to mine them any longer.

Everyone knows new coins coming out now that are jsut clones are dead.... you will need 1000's of entire blocks to make even a few dollars.

Soon mining a new shitclone even on 0.000002 diff will be the same as mining ltc or doge at the current diff = pointless.

This is true, noone mines them, but the whole community look bad, when investors look at these forums and just see massive amount of coins.

BTCspoon

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:08:36 AM

• Proper coinname

Just adding a post restriction (300 posts minimum before creating an ANN coin Thread) and the place will be cleaned enough.
btcpoland

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:18:01 AM

Let the free market decide!!

It is good as it is now! Regulation? Are you kidding me? There is way too much regulation in the real world. I like it with no regulation in crypto world Smiley Wild, wild west it is!
snapped

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:19:38 AM

Survival of the fittest.
mcg

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:21:18 AM

without regulation bitcoin and other coins might never take off and have mass spread adoption.

and it just stays an speculative asset ( trading commodity ).

ie if someone steals many bitcoins they cant get prosecuted. that is a MAJOR concern.
flobdeth

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:26:29 AM

One of these days all the "dumb money" will wake up and realize the value is in what the hashing power is used for, not some stupid clone of a clone of a........

But until that day, I guess we're stuck with sheep farming!  Undecided

FTC 71Vkbk3UwbfGP3NDRbAWJwWDNRfaKKSfgE
flobdeth

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:29:59 AM

without regulation bitcoin and other coins might never take off and have mass spread adoption.

and it just stays an speculative asset ( trading commodity ).

ie if someone steals many bitcoins they cant get prosecuted. that is a MAJOR concern.

You cannot regulate in this world.

You can TRY and regulate the users, you cannot regulate crypto.  I assume you're American? the only country in the world that the people are too lazy to secure their own shit.  All they ever do is wait for laws.  Take responsibility for your own actions!

FTC 71Vkbk3UwbfGP3NDRbAWJwWDNRfaKKSfgE
rojuwah

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:32:45 AM

I have hard time dealing with all the horseshit ordinary scammy clone coins write down on their posts and distinguishing them from interesting and kinda promising ones. Nonetheless, I am not on the side of banning or regulating announcements. You may argue that there may be a separate thread for crapcoins and interesting ones but than which is on which side depends on who these threads are moderated by, which is sort of regulation.

BTW we urgently need 10 pages in 1. Hard to follow 368pg posts, I could skim some, if it did not require me to find out and press the "next page" button each time which takes longer than skimming.
redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:49:15 PM

I dont think It is doable, you cant regulate It. It is up to people that form our community, they have to mature the same way market does.
It is all still a very new economic model. We will reach point of altcoin market saturation, than possibly retreat to main cryptos, but if they catch we will see repeated rise of interest in creating new ones, so it will be cyclic, until something game changing will happen.

The beauty of cryptocurrency is that it is not regulated.
BernoulliS

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:10:49 AM

Crap coins are needed, they do help spreading the hashing power around, keeping "good" coins  profitable to mine.

It's true that it takes the investors BTCs too, but that will stop soon, the price of the most new altcoins are falling like stone now, burned up investors will think twice before jumping the ship next time.

What's need is some of sort of criteria to classify the coins. Thinks like: technical innovation, developers activity, size of community, merchants adoption, market cap and so on, should be counted into some sort of index. None can't stop crap coming, but an "crap coin indicator" like that would make a difference. Devs of the coin will have to work hard to make it look better, just a "good coin name" won't be enough anymore.
wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:58:51 AM

+1
Just an idea,
I think some HERO members here with trust should be ELECTED to an ALT FOUNDATION board through whom all coins must be approved or rejected.
This is to reduce scammers, reduce spammers, secure the network, legitimise the network, innovate the network.

sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:09:28 AM

Rules?

This is exactly how Hitler got started  Wink

(Godwin Invocation)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: