Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:25:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I Don't Do Bounty Campaigns & Why You Shouldn't Either  (Read 18283 times)
Matthias K.

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 07:04:49 AM

If the bounty you chose is fair, it will pay and will do it in a token that gets listed. That's your part, to choose fair bounties.
Then the token you receive... is a lottery. Some rise, some fall, you cannot know. You will have to have some trader skills, I guess.
Zulfiyan

Activity: 360
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 07:21:06 AM

Bounty participants can reach thousands of accounts, but many of them cheat. for example, using a bot or claiming someone else's work.
for honest participants this is not fair but they cannot do much.
Sacramentus

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 07:22:47 AM

So a few months ago I did some bounty work for a company called Swachhcoin. Like many of you, I spent countless hours developing and creating posts that highlighted key features of the platform. Fast forward several months...they tell all of us bounty campaign participants that we will have to pass KYC to receive the NEW swachhcoin tokens (SWACHH). My previous Swachhcoin tokens (SCX) are now worth $0 and I will have to do KYC to get my new usable tokens. Also, they set a monthly limit of how many tokens we can sell. We will receive 10% each month to prevent dumping. I like this idea, but NONE of this was presented during the bounty campaign period. I also bought 2 ETH worth of tokens and they've delayed the project at least 2 times! To me, this is unprofessional, ridiculous, and outlandish. Sorry for the rant, but this is the exact reason I've been slowly putting my money into projects that I think have a future. I'm trying to stay away from the bad apples and put some leftover money aside into Bitcoin, Nauticus, Ethereum, EOS, and even XRP.

you only referenced to swachcoin. I was expecting to see many other bounty campaign that you have done and reason why I should stop bounty.  As a matter of fact you have not even 1 reason why I should stop bounty. Your personal decision has nothing to do with me. You made a selfish decision as far as I am concerned

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
Nggedebus

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 07:23:04 AM

So a few months ago I did some bounty work for a company called Swachhcoin. Like many of you, I spent countless hours developing and creating posts that highlighted key features of the platform. Fast forward several months...they tell all of us bounty campaign participants that we will have to pass KYC to receive the NEW swachhcoin tokens (SWACHH). My previous Swachhcoin tokens (SCX) are now worth $0 and I will have to do KYC to get my new usable tokens. Also, they set a monthly limit of how many tokens we can sell. We will receive 10% each month to prevent dumping. I like this idea, but NONE of this was presented during the bounty campaign period. I also bought 2 ETH worth of tokens and they've delayed the project at least 2 times! To me, this is unprofessional, ridiculous, and outlandish. Sorry for the rant, but this is the exact reason I've been slowly putting my money into projects that I think have a future. I'm trying to stay away from the bad apples and put some leftover money aside into Bitcoin, Nauticus, Ethereum, EOS, and even XRP.
Joining bounty campaign is the right for every person to do or not, we can't really force anyone to not join bounty campaign cause we had meet one or two bad project, since there are projects that still worth to join even in this condition, all we have to do is find that awesome project to join.
michellee

Activity: 2786
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:19:04 AM

they set a monthly limit of how many tokens we can sell. We will receive 10% each month to prevent dumping.

I think I heard this in some ICO because they don't want to see their tokens don't have a good price at the market. I think that is a good idea too, but they don't have to cancel the payment for their participants especially for the investor, they need to distribute the token to them. Without any good reason to delay the project, I think they do not deserve to get success in the future. Everything should have a reason and them to explain to the public why they delay the project.

Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:27:46 AM

Apart from this swachhcoin how many bounties have you joined that doesn't pay? Just because you joined one that doesn't pay doesn't mean its the end ,why advising others to stay away from bounties? That's not right ,do your research well next time to avoid this kinda shits
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:30:25 AM

Its good that you finally realize this thing but we cannot force everyone not to participate on a bounty because they are still earning and they still believe for the future of a specific project. Its our job to make sure that the project is good, don't participate if you doubt about it. Being bounty hunter consist of big risk, so be careful always.
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 09:39:42 AM

Unfortunately, bounty campaigns, as well as investing in ICO are a lottery and we are not protected from changing the terms or fraud. So I can understand the frustration and emotions of many bounty hunters and investors, but there's nothing we can do about it. It remains only to diversify its activities and take part in several projects at the same time.

various

Activity: 854
Merit: 267

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 09:48:11 AM

You're right, but sometimes you have to really lucky to earn from some bounty campaigns. As you said, some of them can make absurd requests. At the end of the campaign, I hate the bounties who is changing rules. But I will continue to participate in the bounties.

dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:09:06 AM

Thank you for sharing the story. This situation belongs to the project side. Almost all the bounty activities do not require KYC. If there is a need, KYC should inform in advance, instead of telling the bounty hunter that KYC is required to obtain the token when the project is ready to pay.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:15:51 AM

You have a bad experience from one campaign and that is all? People here are doing 10 bounty campaigns at one time because they know that the succesful ratio is around 1:10. 1 bounty campaign worths and 10 are worthless.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 10:30:30 AM

Imma say you are wrong on your title. Not all projects are shitty projects just like what you have participated. I feel sorry for what you experience. Next time try to search for more good projects, theres still a lot of them paying in eth too.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 10:31:25 AM

For a long time that I spent looking for promising ICOS and participating in bounty campaigns, I came to the conclusion that this carries much more risks than investing my own funds in coins that have long proven themselves (BTC, ETH, XRP and others). Therefore, I try to minimize my risks and carefully select companies, reducing their number and improving quality.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
lolgato1

Activity: 793
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:42:11 AM

I thought that Swachhcoin is a legal company with real product. We can´t believe any ICO!
I'm glad I did not have to spend months of time for nothing.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
Nesbee2

Activity: 840
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 10:43:24 AM

well, that was a bad experience you got there . but all the same some bounties still pay, i prefer putting my effort in doing bounties for projects that are already trading or rewards given in stable coins.

otherwise engaging in bounties these days can be frustrating because some projects either exit scam  or they do not meet their softcap and so cannot continue, then if either of these happens your effort as a bounty hunter is in vain.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
Nataliagur

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:06:29 AM

I still participate in signature campaigns, facebook and twitter, the main thing is to carefully select projects. Study the project idea, team, partnerships, icodrops reports and you can be confident in a good and strong project. Yes, now it is not 2017, but still it is quite realistic to make good money on bounty.
Georgiyk

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:20:42 AM

When a team changes the rules of the game at the end of the campaign - this is unacceptable! Not only that the team introduced KYC, it has also set a limit on the sale - it is generally outrageous !!!
Recently projects often change the conditions of a campaign, change the managers who lead the project, this is alarming and adds a "-" project.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 11:40:12 AM

Unfortunately, token values from bounty campaigns are quite low compared to 2017. But that doesn't make me give up on my bounty campaigns. I only joining with twitter campaigns. So I don't spend a lot of time and I get token in return. And I holding these token in my wallet. Because at the moment the values of token could be coming to us pretty low. But when that token started trading on a stock market and the market rose, we could make good profits through that token.
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:42:52 AM

I still participate in signature campaigns, facebook and twitter, the main thing is to carefully select projects. Study the project idea, team, partnerships, icodrops reports and you can be confident in a good and strong project. Yes, now it is not 2017, but still it is quite realistic to make good money on bounty.
Impossible, currently bounty does not help you earn money. 99% of the current bounty is dead and scam, I have wasted more than 8 months to participate in some signature campaigns but so far I have not received anything. Obviously this is not 2017 and so the bounty is dead

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Volk-05

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:46:20 AM

It seems to me to continue all the same, because so we will be able to get tokens for free without any investment that can make a profit!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: