Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:59:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I Don't Do Bounty Campaigns & Why You Shouldn't Either  (Read 18283 times)
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 02:29:03 PM

So a few months ago I did some bounty work for a company called Swachhcoin. Like many of you, I spent countless hours developing and creating posts that highlighted key features of the platform. Fast forward several months...they tell all of us bounty campaign participants that we will have to pass KYC to receive the NEW swachhcoin tokens (SWACHH). My previous Swachhcoin tokens (SCX) are now worth $0 and I will have to do KYC to get my new usable tokens. Also, they set a monthly limit of how many tokens we can sell. We will receive 10% each month to prevent dumping. I like this idea, but NONE of this was presented during the bounty campaign period. I also bought 2 ETH worth of tokens and they've delayed the project at least 2 times! To me, this is unprofessional, ridiculous, and outlandish. Sorry for the rant, but this is the exact reason I've been slowly putting my money into projects that I think have a future. I'm trying to stay away from the bad apples and put some leftover money aside into Bitcoin, Nauticus, Ethereum, EOS, and even XRP.
Exactly the team who wrote the "Terms and Condition including Rules "on its Marketing campaign or Bounty Campaign are also the violators of its own rules. Its a sad truth nowdays in Bounty Hunters are "cheated" in technical reason! But some of the Bounty campaigns are still honest and truthfully applied the Terms and Condition therein.
tonyja2017

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 02:35:27 PM

There are many such scam projects. but it's ridiculous and unbearable. But we are just a bounty hunters, we need to accept the fact that we've partnered with scammers and lack of professionalism.
We need to improve our ICO project analysis skills if we don't want to be fooled.

Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 161

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 03:26:41 PM

we are aware of the risks in joining bounty campaigns so your kind of story is within expectations on this space. You don't need to necessarily stop doing bounties, you also don't need to put a lot of energy into it since you can never know if it would turn out as a scam. Just do it when you have free time--similar to like a part-time job.

lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 03:47:06 PM

To avoid such experience pal try to join In any finished projects wherein less worries because of being reliable and trustworthy .,because some of fresh project nowadays that always emerge on this forum and even out side of this forum are always turn onto ponz after. so much better to become practical on this kind of business to make sure everything will be fine.  
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 03:59:58 PM

Well it's bad that you encountered this kind of project, not all project end up like that, but for now most of them got difficulty to try to prevent the dumping and put a good price on the coin, this could be a good lesson for all bounty hunters to do a more thorough research before participating, read the whitepaper, try to search the aim and the vision of the project
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 04:06:17 PM

I see their telegram & the bounty chat the project have some really weird and problem, Do you think this project just another shit ICO again ? they raised a good money from the investor.
chits

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 04:23:05 PM

All promlema in choosing the right and fair ICO. With the current level of bad faith of developers and impunity of fraudsters, the company for rewards ceased to be attractive. And many participants left, and who remained are experiencing headaches from what is happening and resentment
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 04:32:05 PM

the current bounty campaign should not be made a basic job that can produce something.
this must be remembered only coin is free and don't have to hope it will be something big just do what you want to do don't exceed the limit, if you find a good project then the results will also be good.
lizarder

Activity: 1568
Merit: 879

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 04:52:22 PM

indeed most bounties always have their own problems in the case of Swachhcoin that can still be said to be not too severe because it only asks for KYC and the rewards are shared every month, my story is worse than this I follow the required KYC bounty but do it when their platform becomes , a problem is they changed the plan in ico which made the bounty participants lose their reward in the form of tokens and was replaced with shit services that were not useful to me and they offered it from 1-6 months

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
bakermaker123
Copper Member

Activity: 287
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 05:03:07 PM

So a few months ago I did some bounty work for a company called Swachhcoin. Like many of you, I spent countless hours developing and creating posts that highlighted key features of the platform. Fast forward several months...they tell all of us bounty campaign participants that we will have to pass KYC to receive the NEW swachhcoin tokens (SWACHH). My previous Swachhcoin tokens (SCX) are now worth $0 and I will have to do KYC to get my new usable tokens. Also, they set a monthly limit of how many tokens we can sell. We will receive 10% each month to prevent dumping. I like this idea, but NONE of this was presented during the bounty campaign period. I also bought 2 ETH worth of tokens and they've delayed the project at least 2 times! To me, this is unprofessional, ridiculous, and outlandish. Sorry for the rant, but this is the exact reason I've been slowly putting my money into projects that I think have a future. I'm trying to stay away from the bad apples and put some leftover money aside into Bitcoin, Nauticus, Ethereum, EOS, and even XRP.
It's a matter of how you choose the bounty campaigns that you will join in. Actually, if you choose other bounties that are good, you don't need to spend money and still get a profitable amount of money. So next time you choose to do bounty again, be careful what you pick.

Live for the moment.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 05:10:26 PM

Unfortunately, the campaigns no longer offer good earnings. Moreover, campaigns with or without good earning potential create various challenges and destroy the labor and the time spent by the participants. KYC and similar transactions, of course, are a good thing in terms of security and abuse of campaigns with multiple memberships, but it is also a fact that these regulations negatively affect the participants. In particular, you experience an event like the event that you live unfortunately it does not deal with people. It can be really sad for us to give so much time, to save a lot of dreams and to be frustrated as a result of all these events.
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 05:21:57 PM

I feel your pain. Many bounty projects don't reward their hunters. Take for example Kelta mining that some of us did last year. Up till now we have not been paid. The devs used us for their own selfish gains and after the campaign ended, we were tagged as bots and fakes. Too bad I cannot delete or edit the article I wrote for them on steemit

bittraffic

Activity: 2954
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 05:23:32 PM

I have never heard of that Swachhcoin, I bet you joined through the bounty platform which somehow I find not appealing because most if not all projects that goes there aren't dong good after the ICO. They can even be scam. If you are to join a bounty you can try the ones that pay BTC. They are much preferred by most of the hunters actually.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 05:40:15 PM

What happen to you in participating in just this one campaign is not enough reason to stop participating in bounty campaign and advising everyone to stop as well. There are still good campaign. Since I started participating in bounty campaigns if I sum it up I have earn over $10000.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 05:56:22 PM

Your experience is not unique, unfortunately, such problems with KYC occur periodically. The main problem is that the organizers can change the conditions of the campaign unilaterally and the participants who began work under certain conditions are forced to accept and agree with all the changes or be left with nothing. I would call it blackmail and we should not tolerate it. Nevertheless, I would not refuse to participate in bounty campaigns, just need to be more responsible in their choice.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 530

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 06:21:53 PM

It is getting scarce now to find real project doing bounty, most of the bounties out there lack substance and it is better to stay away from them, because at the end of the day, it will just be a waste of precious time. I have said it over and over again that do not carry a signature of project you can not invest your own money into.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 06:26:14 PM

I appreciate and support your decisionbut at the same time i will suggest you to take take part in promoting good campaigns, i know that in last many months most bounty rewards have either been poor or not paid status while some are just delaying and delaying distribution  with lame excuses but i think market situation can change anytime so we should be positive and hope that bounties will become profitable in coming days.

beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 06:28:56 PM

Actually you can't single out every bounties just by one bad example. Actually bounty world like crypto world. There is some good ones and bad ones. Mostly you need pure luck, nothing more.

Niam_bakri

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 06:32:40 PM

Actually you can't single out every bounties just by one bad example. Actually bounty world like crypto world. There is some good ones and bad ones. Mostly you need pure luck, nothing more.
besides luck in choosing a bounty we must also pay attention to how we choose. we cannot immediately choose bounty like gambling, because choosing also requires analysis and calculation. that's what makes us later able to get a good bounty, but the rest is our luck.
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 06:33:07 PM

2017 was the very last year ICO profited most people, years afterwards was a mess in ICO.  I also did the same bounty you're talking about, they hosted it in a bounty platform and we all participated in it. After the end of the bounty, they were now telling the campaigners that we have to do kyc before we could receive our token which wasn't in the agreement before the campaign start, what a mess.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: