Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:37:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antivaccination propaganda here and there.  (Read 1257 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 12:46:04 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2019, 08:52:15 PM by Balthazar
Merited by Flying Hellfish (10), suchmoon (7), Foxpup (5), Quickseller (1)

I think it would be okay to say that everybody have seen a bunch of scary stuff in the internet. These people are trying to scare you with Alzheimer's dezease, autism, cancer and dozens of other unproven holy cows of anti-vaccination movement.

http://time.com/5175704/andrew-wakefield-vaccine-autism/

They're frequently using statements like "we need" and "we should", adding some scary statement to these, therefore trying to usurp your right to have your own point of view. They're replacing facts with agenda, logic with nonsense and common sense with a political propaganda. While claiming openness for alternate opinions, they're simply ignoring any kind of logic. Just for example, if you say something opposing their agenda, like "vaccines saved millions from smallpox", you're getting a piece of unproven "research" claiming the opposite. Unlike them, you need to know that in order for research data to be of value and of use, they must be both reliable and valid.

What is reliability and why should you care about that? Reliablity of any study comes from an ability to get the same results by using the same methodology, i.e. possibility to reproduce it. It doesn't rely on authority, sponsorship or whatever. If a referred study contains either no consistent methodology or missing some valuable points, like how selection of test subjects was performed, then it's neither reliable nor valid. It's not even a stydy, but merely a manipulation.

I suppose you need some examples... Well, there is an article "Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated: Guess who is Sicker?", which is frequently referred by antivaccination propagandists:

http://info.cmsri.org/the-driven-researcher-blog/vaccinated-vs.-unvaccinated-guess-who-is-sicker

If you read it, you may fall into a false conclusion that it's a study committed in a scientific manner. But it's not.

• It is definitely plagued by a selection bias: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selection_bias
  • It's based on the person's memory, without checking the medical records for real.
  • It tries to distract your attention by using inspirational statements with a lot of big numbers, which are not even related to the study itself. A general purpose of real study is to focus the people on its subject, these guys are doing the opposite thing.
  • It doesn't rely on reproducible methodology. This means that nobody can repeat it step-by-step, and therefore nobody can verify its results. If something can't be verified, then it's not a scientific research.

What are results of anti-vaccination propaganda? How can this activity to affect you and why should you care about that?

Myth: I'm vaccinated so I shouldn't care about them. They can't harm me anyhow.
Fact: They can harm you and your relatives in a dozen of ways. Ranging from making noise to infecting you with vaccine-preventable desease. Collective immunity is a Holy Grail of vaccination, because it wouldn't be effective without a certain level of vaccination coverage.

Myth: Vaccination will protect me unless my immune system is compromised by AIDS, starvation, chimeotherapy or whatever. Only these people are dying from vaccine-preventable deseases.
Fact: If an individual is surrounded by unvaccinated people then even vaccine-preventable deseases may eventually bypass his immune system. The reasons are well known: virus mutations and a law of large numbers, more people to infect means you have more variants of the same virus around you.

Myth: Anti-vaccination propaganda doesn't work because the common sense is prevalent.
Fact: That is not the case.

This means that unvaccinated peaple are dangerous for you. Even more, they're dangerous for your parents and children even if they're vaccinated. Do anything to prevent spreading their deadly nonsense. Their actions are not only destroying the collective immunity, they're making vaccination itself less efficient.

P.S. This is a self-moderated topic, just for case. I'm not here to create a false impression of openness so I don't care about this kind of things. Any sane person is welcome here.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 12:47:20 PM

Reserved
Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 12:47:35 PM

Reserved
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 01:17:44 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2019, 11:27:42 PM by Flying Hellfish
Merited by Foxpup (4)

The Anti-vax campaign was started as a Soviet Union era propaganda campaign to weaken future generations of the west through reducing herd immunity.  The right wing fringe has latched on to it in the last few years because their entire reason to exist is to incite fear in their supporters so they will maintain control.  Fear is the easiest way to get people to believe any old horse shit, just look at religion, scared of eternal hell, do what I say and it won't happen...  Now tell people that something might make their kids retarded and boom you have a recipe for really stupid people to get behind you in a big way.

Ironically it may be backfiring on the Russians as they appear to have their own vaccine problems lol.

The internet is like the crack of propaganda, in the old days you had to print shit on paper and distribute it somehow, or get on the limited TV ads or shows to make it fly, now days any old dip shit can reach millions of people for free...  

Edit: strike through inaccurate information.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 02:07:54 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (5)

The only thing the OP is saying is, vaccines aren't really worth your while.

The thing the OP isn't saying is, vaccination causes long-term varieties of disease that are usually way worse than the disease that the vaccine is trying to cure/control.

The OP points to the Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated: Guess who is Sicker? thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1905551.0. But that thread is the thread that is providing many sources for real long-term tests that are being done, that prove the dangers of vaccines.

If you are serious about seeing the dangers of vaccines, start by searching Natural News, and follow up by checking out their sources in their bibliographies.

Also, search for the various CDC pages that show you all the side effects that are being revealed, both, vaccine and drug side-effects, some of them known for a long time, now.

Once you study this info, you will see that you are playing Russian roulette by being vaccinated.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 03:51:52 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2019, 05:23:28 PM by Balthazar
Merited by Flying Hellfish (5), theymos_away (5), Foxpup (3)

The Anti-vax campaign was started as a Soviet Union era propaganda campaign to weaken future generations of the west through reducing herd immunity.  

<...>

Ironically it may be backfiring on the Russians as they appear to have their own vaccine problems lol.
People really do like to adhere any sort of simple explanations, especially if those are letting them to blame someone instead of maintaining responsibility for their own actions. Here in Russia we have a heavy load of urban legends which are pretty similar to your one. These stories are telling a lot about americans and japanese who have created a thick-bourne encephalitis to prevent us from developing eastern regions, as well as "disclosing" american "origins" of anti-vaccination campaign. In fact, this is no better than anti-vaccination in terms of harm to the society.

Leaving urban legends alone, the truth here is that anti-vaccination is not something new to the people. Every significant success has its opposition, and anti-vaccination is not an exception of any sort. It has been started in the 19th century as a primitive response to Edward Jenner's success.

Just take a closer look onto this piece of 19th century anti-vaccination propaganda:

I guess you will find out that it's esseitially no different with modern samples of their content. If you'll look at their rhetoric then you wiil see that it become sweeter and more "friendly".

Once you study this info, you will see that you are playing Russian roulette by being vaccinated.
However, an essence is still and always the same: encourage people to fall into irrational fear in order to ensure that they will forget about reasonable thinking. A fear of being turned into a cow is no different from autism stories.

I'd say there are two branches of modern anti-vaccination propaganda.

• Simplest examples are either referring invalid and unreproduceable works or just telling that you're wrong and it's all a big pharma's conspiracy.
  • The state-of-the-art approach to propaganda is slightly different: it doesn't employ any of such obviously untrustworthy practices anymore. Instead of this they're just consequently repeating the same information about sporadic and well known side effects while completely "forgetting" to mention effects of the desease.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 07:07:38 PM

Wow, a self-moderated thread to 'control the narrative' since pro-vaccine propagandists are getting trounced on BADecker's real and unmoderated 'guess who is sicker' thread.  Who could have seen that coming?

Then we have the red scare 'it's the Rooshins I tell you' tactic.  Lol!

How long before speaking against vaccines (aka, 'conspiracy theories') and, more generally, against pharmaceutical corporations is labeled 'antisemitic'?  Probably within the year by the looks of things.  Still a few loose ends to tie up before _anything_ so labeled is a automatically a 'hate crime.'

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:30:04 PM

Actually thanks for the post I took a few minutes to look into the origins further and it turns out I was wrong about the origin.  The whole anti-vax has literally been around as long as vaccines.  Thanks for straightening me out!

I still believe it's currently being weaponized mostly by fringe right wing groups to manipulate their target demographic.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:01:18 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2019, 05:10:57 AM by tvbcof

Actually thanks for the post I took a few minutes to look into the origins further and it turns out I was wrong about the origin.  The whole anti-vax has literally been around as long as vaccines.  Thanks for straightening me out!

Slight correction:  as long as FORCED vaccines.  Nobody would really give a shit if someone wants to risk their own life and that of their kids.  At least not enough to take up arms.  Break down their door and put a gun in their face, however...

Very early on it was recognized how politically and demographically useful it could be to inject things directly into the bloodstream of people, and some of the persons who recognized this were prone to malfeasance.  It's only a matter of time before some of them put their thoughts into action.  The average peep may not have a lot of money and power, but they are not stupid.  When everyone knows someone who's been injured, it's pretty understandable why there would be resistance.  The cycle has played out many times through history.

If you like vaccines then by all means go for it!  I've got no problem with that.  For my part, I'll defer at least until they are produced by some entity who are not proven corrupt anti-human scumbags and who make bank by me being sick for the rest of my life.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 11:13:48 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2019, 10:52:53 AM by TECSHARE

So much propaganda you cant tolerate an open discussion about it eh? Talk about usurping, what about usurping informed medical consent laws. Also no one pay attention to the millions of illegal immigrants flooding in from impoverished countries with poor healthcare, low vaccination rates, and high infection rates. I am sure the tiny minority of "antivaxxers" are the real culprits.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:52:17 PM

^^^ But it scares them so badly that now we are seeing this. Click the link and watch the video.

Vaccines are biological WEAPONS against humanity

Following the Pinterest banning of all content about vaccines, Facebook has announced a plot to censor all posts that question vaccine safety.

No person shall be allowed to discuss anything about toxic vaccine ingredients, vaccine damage of children or the massive pharmaceutical fraud being pushed by the CDC and the FDA.

See the full story here.

P.S. They aren't stopping with just this one topic. We've now learned that a push has begun for all tech giants to censor content on nutrition and anti-cancer foods. Full details will be posted on NN next week. Censorship will be ramped up until the only health ideas you're allowed to utter are the "official" positions that promote chemotherapy, vaccines, fluoride, GMOs and Big Pharma's toxic drugs.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 12:00:00 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2019, 12:14:46 AM by tvbcof

^^^ But it scares them so badly that now we are seeing this. Click the link and watch the video.

Following the Pinterest banning of all content about vaccines, Facebook has announced a plot to censor all posts that question vaccine safety.

No person shall be allowed to discuss anything about toxic vaccine ingredients, vaccine damage of children or the massive pharmaceutical fraud being pushed by the CDC and the FDA.

See the full story here.

P.S. They aren't stopping with just this one topic. We've now learned that a push has begun for all tech giants to censor content on nutrition and anti-cancer foods. Full details will be posted on NN next week. Censorship will be ramped up until the only health ideas you're allowed to utter are the "official" positions that promote chemotherapy, vaccines, fluoride, GMOs and Big Pharma's toxic drugs.

You can reliably predict that a lot of the people on these boards will turn right around and point to the 'overwhelming' support for vaccines proven by the absence of contrary information on 'the Internets.'  That's the way globalists _and_ their brainwashed minions roll.

Edit:

My respect for Adams went down a fair bit from watching (half of) this segment.  He should not be lazy and get the science wrong.  None of this stuff is that difficult for anyone with a background in science (and it is interesting to boot.)

The theory of operation with the tetanus/hCG sterilization method is that the hormone is needed to NOT have a miscarriage.  It interrupts the menstrual cycle and keeps the fetus from being flushed.  The technique is to make the woman's own body attack the hormone when produced so that she cannot carry a pregnancy.  So, the vaccine is laced with the hormone itself.

As for SV40, it's known and published that the problem was discovered in the early 60's and when the existing stocks contaminated with this virus (or one strain of it at least) was used up, people stopped getting it.  It would not surprised me if other stuff was slipped in and/or batches were distributed after this time with SV40, but it's not known to be the case.

There is no reason to be fast and loose with these known and admitted facts.  Actually there is one.  Basically it would be to give the opponents something to attack one's argument with.  I hope that's not Adams' game, but cannot rule it out.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 12:05:53 AM

See the full story here.

You can reliably predict that a lot of the people on these boards will turn right around and point to the 'overwhelming' support for vaccines proven by the absence of contrary information on 'the Internets.'  That's the way globalists _and_ their brainwashed minions roll.

How many lemmings would listen?

Try this site http://vaccines.news/.

Cool

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 01:57:37 AM

So much propaganda you cant tolerate an en discussion about it eh? Talk about usurping, what about usurping informed medical consent laws. Also no one pay attention to the millions of illegal immigrants flooding in from impoverished countries with poor healthcare, low vaccination rates, and high infection rates. I am sure the tiny minority of "antivaxxers" are the real culprits.

Vaxxers love them some immigrants because they can be manipulated more easily:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyXuPwsLGWI

What caring and loving people these vaxxers are!

---

Amusing footnote:  The search string 'carol baker' when typed into youtube search does not pull up the video titled "Dr. Carol Baker: "Get rid of all the whites".  At least not my instantiation of it (and everyone has a different experience on youtube which makes shadow-banning practical.)

The string 'dr. carol baker' does pull it up.  Maybe I should file a bug report?  Nah, I'll wait for JIDF to do it.  That's their job.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:02:37 AM

Actually thanks for the post I took a few minutes to look into the origins further and it turns out I was wrong about the origin.  The whole anti-vax has literally been around as long as vaccines.  Thanks for straightening me out!

I still believe it's currently being weaponized mostly by fringe right wing groups to manipulate their target demographic.

Don't let that dirty Godless pinko fool you, FHF.  It's always the (post Soviet) Russian bots and trolls who cause all of our problems here in the good ol' U.S.of.A.  Your first instinct was dead on!

Seriously, it was at least good that you strike-throughed in order to communicate your new and (not very) improved understanding of reality rather than deleting it as is the new standard in '21'.  You have salvaged at least a little bit of my respect because of this...me being an open-source kind of guy.

I gotta say that my research into the (((Bolshevik))) phenomenon, and the hypotheses to be drawn from it, are not at all harmed by Balthazar's activities here.  You may have been more right in the first place, but just not in the manner that you have much hope understanding. ['There are things that you don't need to know right now.']  This would be a very very common thing amongst the confused wannabe leftist class these days.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:42:42 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2019, 05:57:58 AM by SaltySpitoon
Merited by Foxpup (5), Balthazar (2), o_e_l_e_o (2)

The anti vaccine movement that we know of today started from a legitimate study that was done 40 or so years ago. The article was self published rather than sent through proper medical peer review, not out of malice, but because they wanted to get the info out there immediately to get people to question vaccinations. Not long after, they realized the sources of error and incomplete study that they had done, so they redacted the article. People that were partially qualified then latched onto that data, and drew more misleading conclusions for the sake of publicity. If you are a no name researcher who is one of the first to make a shocking revelation, you get recognition. If they were wrong, they'd just cite sources of error that they were already aware of and get away clean.

To my knowledge, there have been no peer reviewed reports that claimed vaccines cause any detriment other than the known temporary side effects. Professional medical researchers aren't the ones speaking out about being anti vaccine, its yoga moms that read a forum post from a second year premed student that linked some statistics they found on wikipedia. Its really too bad, the anti vaccine trend is really incredibly dangerous. We've essentially eliminated a lot of common fatal diseases, but people think its not worth giving little Johnny an imaginary gluten sensitivity (not a slight at those with Celiac) to drive off the plague.  

Medical research is tricky for sure, but the thing that kills me is that people think "someone" is trying to cover information up. Thats not how research works, if it was found out that vaccines causes problems, the one that found out would first get a Nobel prize and a literal boatload of money, but then there would be a lot of research money thrown around to everyone to patch the problem.

*edit*

As a side note, the immigration vaccination thing is another exaggerated ploy. When we say the vaccination rates are poor in South America, we are talking 85-90%. Vaccines are cheap, they aren't a luxury in all but the absolute poorest countries.

In countries where survival is no longer something we even think about, we have so much free time to be dumb its amazing.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 10:56:49 AM

The anti vaccine movement that we know of today started from a legitimate study that was done 40 or so years ago. The article was self published rather than sent through proper medical peer review, not out of malice, but because they wanted to get the info out there immediately to get people to question vaccinations. Not long after, they realized the sources of error and incomplete study that they had done, so they redacted the article. People that were partially qualified then latched onto that data, and drew more misleading conclusions for the sake of publicity. If you are a no name researcher who is one of the first to make a shocking revelation, you get recognition. If they were wrong, they'd just cite sources of error that they were already aware of and get away clean.

To my knowledge, there have been no peer reviewed reports that claimed vaccines cause any detriment other than the known temporary side effects. Professional medical researchers aren't the ones speaking out about being anti vaccine, its yoga moms that read a forum post from a second year premed student that linked some statistics they found on wikipedia. Its really too bad, the anti vaccine trend is really incredibly dangerous. We've essentially eliminated a lot of common fatal diseases, but people think its not worth giving little Johnny an imaginary gluten sensitivity (not a slight at those with Celiac) to drive off the plague.  

Medical research is tricky for sure, but the thing that kills me is that people think "someone" is trying to cover information up. Thats not how research works, if it was found out that vaccines causes problems, the one that found out would first get a Nobel prize and a literal boatload of money, but then there would be a lot of research money thrown around to everyone to patch the problem.

*edit*

As a side note, the immigration vaccination thing is another exaggerated ploy. When we say the vaccination rates are poor in South America, we are talking 85-90%. Vaccines are cheap, they aren't a luxury in all but the absolute poorest countries.

In countries where survival is no longer something we even think about, we have so much free time to be dumb its amazing.

Illegal immigrants from all over the world sneak across our southern border, not just from SA. Also lets pretend sanitation and levels of healthcare have no effect on this either.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 11:23:46 AM

The incorrect and misleading propaganda is pro-vaccination. The anti-vaccination reports are simply pointing out the way vaccines destroy the immune system, and are used to reduce fertility, and as part of the global eugenics project. Useless and destructive vaccines are also being used to siphon money out of the nations' economies, and to feed the profits of the Pharma companies.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 01:05:46 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2019, 01:19:49 PM by Balthazar

Slight correction:  as long as FORCED vaccines.  Nobody would really give a shit if someone wants to risk their own life and that of their kids.  
There is also forced inprisonment for rapists, for example. Because no people want theirchildren to become a victim of rapist.
Some parts of life need regulation to protect the majority from rapists, serial killers as well as antivaccinators which are no better in terms of harm.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 01:05:58 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2019, 05:51:45 PM by BADecker

To my knowledge, there have been no peer reviewed reports that claimed vaccines cause any detriment other than the known temporary side effects.

This is good news. Why? People don't really die in car accidents. Why not? Because there are no peer reviewed studies that say that they do.

Cool

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: