Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:20:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [On Hold] Hosted (or not) Gridseed ASICs -> Batch 1 Ordered  (Read 5607 times)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:38:12 PM

If you see movement of funds on the group buy address do not be alarmed, I needed to issue a refund.

I have no problem issuing refunds up until the point in time the hardware is ordered. From that point forward it will be out of my hands.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:21:58 PM

Sorry to bump again, but I thought some would like to know that I have reduced the price of the accessories when ordering non-hosted units, including the custom power cables. The price I put up yesterday was somewhat of a guesstimate.. I have now worked out exact costs and reduced them accordingly.

Thanks
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:33:00 AM

There's not much interest in this compared to some other options and competition has got more intense with other Gridseed hosting options popping up. I don't really have a lot of money to secure a bulk purchase with Gridseed to the lower prices and order directly, so I'm sitting on somewhat unfair grounds. So, I have been thinking of other ways I can improve this offering.

In an effort to remain competitive, I have decided to take a gamble on the hosting costs and the farm reaching full capacity. I hereby eliminate the large monthly fee structure that has been sitting in the OP for a couple weeks that was dependent on the number of units hosted. The hosting fee is now a flat $4 fee per miner, no matter the number of units hosted. The first month is still free. Thanks for those of you that have shown your support thus far by ordering! I hope you like the fact that the fees are now much lower when less units are hosted. Refunds are available at any time until the order is made this weekend if not.

I will be offering the option to host other mining equipment, so reaching capacity does not depend on interest in Gridseed mining equipment. If you are interested in hosting anything else contact me, I will do it for $0.57 per watt per month. This includes any Bitcoin and Scrypt ASICs, I have experience hosting GPU rigs as well. Since I am taking the risk of the costs of the bills, I need to find other ways to make sure I reach capacity.

I hope this sweetens the deal a little bit. I feel like my hardware prices are pretty competitive and I can't get any better prices without going directly through Gridseed, so it is what it is. I can't go through Gridseed with this low of volume. Undecided

I also needed to add a provision to the sale of hosted units. The selling of hosted equipment must be done for cryptocoins, since it may put me in the field of being a money transmitter if I sold for FIAT on Ebay and converted it into Bitcoin to pay you the proceeds. I'm sorry, but I need to implement this policy to make sure I don't break any regulatory rules of money transmitting. As always, a refund is available if you do not like this policy.. I realize we could probably get more $$ by reselling them on Ebay instead of the forums, but its the best I can do with the government breathing down our necks.

Anyways... thanks.  Smiley
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:40:49 AM

Well Coinhoarder, I am not sure why you aren't getting more interest in this.  You have been around here a while and have good trust, which is more than what can be said about most gridseed resellers.  I admit, I was a little weary about such high hosting prices, but will happily pay the new rate and keep the miners with you.

I have been referring anyone I can to this GB as I have been very happy with it BTW.

If you are unable to secure any more orders by the weekend do you think you will be shutting this down?  Is there a number your looking at to keep this open?  Just interested as I may start looking at backup investment ideas if this one falls through.

Thanks for your diligent and good work, its nice to have a competent GB leader in the crypto world.  Hopefully you can continue to make this thing grow and expand, please let me know how any of us could help you if you need it.

Thanks,

DebitMe

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:56:58 AM

Well Coinhoarder, I am not sure why you aren't getting more interest in this.  You have been around here a while and have good trust, which is more than what can be said about most gridseed resellers.  I admit, I was a little weary about such high hosting prices, but will happily pay the new rate and keep the miners with you.

I have been referring anyone I can to this GB as I have been very happy with it BTW.

If you are unable to secure any more orders by the weekend do you think you will be shutting this down?  Is there a number your looking at to keep this open?  Just interested as I may start looking at backup investment ideas if this one falls through.

Thanks for your diligent and good work, its nice to have a competent GB leader in the crypto world.  Hopefully you can continue to make this thing grow and expand, please let me know how any of us could help you if you need it.

Thanks,

DebitMe

Thanks for the kind words, I am working really hard to make this group buy a success. I have crossed the point of no return with this group buy by buying so many accessories and renewing my lease, so I am determined to make this a success. I have sourced all the accessories from alternative sources and everything is arriving this week. Some things arrived today, the rest are set to arrive tomorrow or the next day. This includes all components of our custom ATX cables, mini usb cables for the gridseeds, silver rated ATX PSUs, Pis with cases and 8 Gb cards, USB hubs, standoffs (although I may have changed my mind about stacking so many units and the time it would take to do it).

By ordering the cable components early, I will be able to make them by the time the Gridseeds get here. I need to strip wires, install barrel plugs, and shrink wrap the cables, so it is good I have some time to do this. I must disclose the only thing I am worried about is finding out that the USB hubs I ordered don't work well with chaining Gridseeds on Pis. Pis are finicky with USB hubs. Worst case scenario I will give a refund for the USB hubs and ship out the units. I will suggest a USB hub that works (I have ordered 4 different models that supposedly work well with Pis) and you should order it yourself. It will take about the time for me to ship your units and you receive them as it would take for you to order and receive a USB hub. This is my backup plan in that scenario. If the USB hubs can be modded to save them, then I will.. sometimes they work better when being powered by an ATX PSU rather than the cheap walmart phone charger-like PSUs.

Anyways.. I think everything is coming together nicely and I will be ready to place the order this weekend and receive the units next week. Smiley
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 04:15:44 AM

Yo Will,
exhilarating when you're fully committed and your ars is on the line eh? Wink
I feel your pain, man!

Here. This may help you and others, A LOT!
Check it out.....

HASHRA TO THE RESCUE!
I have been authorized by HASHRA to announce....

New firmware for our controllers.
Could these be the ultimate cure for our hash configuration woes?
No more pissin around with tweak this, config that, change this, debug that....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Ladies and Gentlemen!
Get your FREE firmware upgrades here! http://hashra.com/support/

A little background via direct quote:

"Our firmware "HASHRA CONTROLA" can be found here… hashra.com/support.

It is based on CGMiner and we have also made all the source code public on our GitHub page, please feel free to spread the word about it.

We were really aiming to create something that was stable, not just blast a whole load of hashing power if it keeps restarting etc.

We are happy with what we have so far though it is still in continuous development.
We plan to use this as the basis for our future products coming up and is designed for the Raspberry Pi.

At present you can use it to mine SHA or SCRYPT though we are still working on the dual aspect… it is proving tricky but we are getting close to having it now stable… to get it you will just need to hit update firmware and it will update straight away.

Using our firmware we recommend core speed at 850… should sit at just over 3.6MH for 10 units with no issues."

Let me/us all know how it works out. I don't own a controller yet but,,,soon!
I want to let all the bugs get worked out, then decide on which is the least hackable, least attackable and most stable controller out there.

One other important note. HASHRA will be set up for taking bulk discount orders from ww vendors and customers alike! They are now directly under and in between GridSeed and the rest of the world.
No import or customs hassles!

Hope this helps you a lot Will!
Good luck, man!

Peace
Wolfey2014

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:18:37 AM

Bump

Come on guys, join the GB

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:02:26 AM

Yo Will,
exhilarating when you're fully committed and your ars is on the line eh? Wink
I feel your pain, man!

Here. This may help you and others, A LOT!
Check it out.....

Hi Wolfey,

Yes everything is coming together nicely. Although the company you linked is selling units for way more than I am charging to my own customers.. I'm not sure that will help me much, but thanks for trying to help me out- I appreciate it.

Bump

Come on guys, join the GB

Hehe, thanks for the free bump. Smiley

---------------

Effective immediately the cost per miner has been reduced $5 each per unit, as I was able to secure a better deal. For those that have already paid, you will be refunded $5 per miner as soon as the order is placed. I am waiting to refund the $5 because BTC value may change in between now and when I place the order this weekend, making it more expensive or less expensive for me to order the equipment. If the value rises and I have excess funds on top of the $5, that will be refunded as well.

There may be further refunds on top of this as well due to other logistics of sourcing the accessories. If the cheapo USB hubs I ordered work, then expect further savings on top of what I have already mentioned. I priced in the more expensive USB hubs that I know will work, but if the cheap ones work then that will be good for everyone. As mentioned previously, Pis can be finicky with USB hubs.

Thanks for choosing me to buy your units from and host them. I promise to pass down any further savings I can achieve down to my customers, even those that have already paid. I have edited the cost in the OP, so it now shows the current and correct price.

Thanks
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:41:46 PM

I will be placing our order this evening. Please get your order in ASAP to be included in Batch 1

Power cable components, barrel plugs, USB hubs, PSUs, and the Pis have arrived! The only thing we're missing is Mini USB plugs which should show up on Monday.

I have some exciting news, but it will have to wait a day or two.

Thanks
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:20:15 AM

Cables??! We don't need no stinkin' cables!!!  Cool

Now for the fun part... connecting 1000 barrel plugs to the ends of 2000 wires.

No wonder Santa hires elves.  Grin
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 12:36:55 AM

Cables??! We don't need no stinkin' cables!!!  Cool

Now for the fun part... connecting 1000 barrel plugs to the ends of 2000 wires.

No wonder Santa hires elves.  Grin

is some maggot hacker ddos'ing this site?
I keep getting 505 'bad gateway' errors all the sudden!
geesh! get a life, hack!

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:02:35 AM

Good to hear! and I am not envious of your weekend with all of those cables my friend.

You have peaked my interest about the good news, and now you tell me I must wait...Blah, that's evil Smiley

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 01:21:57 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 01:32:16 AM by wolfey2014

Good to hear! and I am not envious of your weekend with all of those cables my friend.

You have peaked my interest about the good news, and now you tell me I must wait...Blah, that's evil Smiley

It's the new lease to own program I had suggested to him a couple weeks ago! Wink
He said he'd do it if he could so.........
I can't afford to buy 100 GS5s up front so he probably found someone to finance the operation in exchange for a nice payback of course.
This will be a boon to Will's hosting service as well as everyone else who gets involved!
It's good for us, it's good for him, it's good for the movement, it's good for the entire industry! Win Win Win!
So now the average guy/gal has the same opportunity as everyone else to make money from crypto mining.
That's my guess/wish Wink
Let's see what happens.....
.05btc to me if I'm right. everybody  Cheesy Grin
Wolfey2014

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:24:09 AM

It's a surprise!  Tongue

I will place the order for batch 1 in just a moment once the last transfer has confirmed! Batch 1 customers will receive a refund late next week once I am sure all accessories work as planned and the final costs are realized. Thanks all for a successful Batch 1! There were a lot of familiar faces in Batch 1, thanks for choosing me to host your mining equipment once again! Big changes are coming in a couple days.. I will let you know when I'm ready to announce what's up. Smiley

For the time being, all ordering is on hold. The payment address has been redacted from the OP.

Thanks
coldbreeze16

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:17:24 AM

Waiting for your batch 2.  Tongue
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:56:20 PM

It's a surprise!  Tongue

I will place the order for batch 1 in just a moment once the last transfer has confirmed! Batch 1 customers will receive a refund late next week once I am sure all accessories work as planned and the final costs are realized. Thanks all for a successful Batch 1! There were a lot of familiar faces in Batch 1, thanks for choosing me to host your mining equipment once again! Big changes are coming in a couple days.. I will let you know when I'm ready to announce what's up. Smiley

For the time being, all ordering is on hold. The payment address has been redacted from the OP.

Thanks

Hm, I thought I knew what the surprise was but maybe not...

Excited to have units on order! SmileySmiley

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:39:51 PM

Hello coinhoarder,

I don't know if I'm in the right place for this.. but maybe I want to buy a lot of gridseed. Don't know how much exactly yet but I have two serious investors with which I will talk to probably on Tuesday. 

I Have my own office where I can put the miners so I wont need a hosting service but maybe helps to get the price down or to full a batch.

But I have a question and since your doing this you must be convinced that this product will make roi. I would like to have your opinion if you don't mind.

July/august, knc titan miner, alpha technology miner, and mining asic technology (MAT) in the netherlands are planning to deliver 100 mh/s units. If you take the average diff increase from the last months and extend this to coming months untill august. Then If you calculate your earnings for example with ltc and you add up an increase of 100 every 3.5 day and you do this till august and you sum up al the coins you mine with the given diff your no ware near roi. How do you see this? I trying to figure out what percentage of the investment must go to the gridseed and to preorders.

I do believe this companies will be game changing. I don't want to depend on the profit from new coins with pump and dumps. So how do you see this?

Thanks,

Bob     
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:17:14 PM

CH - excited that you are doing another group buy.

I'm a bit confused. By my math at 0% increase 1 girdseed will take ~220 days to break even. Did I make a mistake in my calculation?

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:35:10 AM

You guys are correct, these will take a while to ROI, but you are also operating under the assumption that all of those companies will ship.  The only company in that list that has shipped a product is KNC, but their order page says they are shipping in Q2 or Q3, which means it could be between Apr and Oct, and since their other products have/are been later rather than sooner, my guess would be closer to Oct.  Of course they only made a SHA-256 ASIC, and a scrypt one is harder.  The other 2 companies you listed have not shipped products before.  IDK who that 3rd one even is?  So as far as shipping a working product, who knows when that will be.  Remember, no company as of yet has shipped an ASIC by their delivery date, just for reference.

There are also a few other companies to consider that you did not mention.  The Fibonacci project seems to be well underway with a scrypt ASIC, and BA says they have something in the works (although I would not trust or believe a word they say anymore)

Also the price for alt coins has dropped in he last few weeks.  If it starts to go back up, then positive ROI will be even sooner.  So there are many things to consider when choosing to buy these.  They also use very little power, which means they can run for a long time before not being profitable to run anymore.

lae

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 12:40:15 PM

Darn, missed out. Waiting for batch #2 as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: