Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:12:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy FB Cryptocurrency on Popular Exchanges  (Read 559 times)
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 09:06:29 PM

That is a good news for digital payment but not for crypto. It looks like a payment method between whatsapp users and to buy services on FB platforms. There's nothing to exaggerate.

With this kind of approach, people from all walks of life will be familiarized in dealing with digital currency. Because most of the ordinary users have hard time understanding the crypto transactions. So with this fb coin, it might help in crypto adoption. And they won't have this negative connotation that crypto is a scam if they will know a lil bit more about digital currencies.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 09:08:32 PM

I have some doubts about facebook cryptocurrency. I mean i think they need a cryptocurrency and they should move towards the blockchain but they don't look that keen yet.
I can’t understand a bit what Facebook can offer thanks to its cryptocurrency. Although I very much hope that with the help of the block chain this social network will be able to protect the personal information of users, and also make the correspondence more confidential.

More about how Facebook wants to protect privacy and security you can find below

https://www.businessinsider.com/zuckerberg-post-facebook-prioritizes-privacy-2019-3?r=US&IR=T

In the missive, Zuckerberg highlighted two key shifts that signal how Facebook is re conceptualizing platform communication around a privacy focus:

Shift to encryption.Facebook is likely to make end-to-end encryption a default on all private messaging platforms beyond WhatsApp, including Facebook Messenger and Instagram Direct.
Shift to ephemeral messaging. Facebook will also build more ephemeral messaging features into its products and services, wherein content disappears after a short period of time. Some of these will be opt-out, rather than opt-in, meaning that content will disappear by default.

and letter from Mark Zuckenberg

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mark-zuckerberg/a-privacy-focused-vision-for-social-networking/10156700570096634/?utm_source=Triggermail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Post%20Blast%20%28bii-digital-media%29:%20Zuck%20stakes%20out%20privacy%20focus%20for%20Facebook%20%7C%20Hulu%27s%20skinny%20bundle%20improves%20margins%20%7C%20Instagram%20ad%20format%20links%20influencers%2C%20brands&utm_term=BII%20List%20DMedia%20ALL

I understand that many people don't think Facebook can or would even want to build this kind of privacy-focused platform -- because frankly we don't currently have a strong reputation for building privacy protective services, and we've historically focused on tools for more open sharing. But we've repeatedly shown that we can evolve to build the services that people really want, including in private messaging and stories.
I believe the future of communication will increasingly shift to private, encrypted services where people can be confident what they say to each other stays secure and their messages and content won't stick around forever. This is the future I hope we will help bring about

It is worth to read all Mark message
Facebook plans are really impressive

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 12:05:23 PM

It looks like that soon will be possible  to buy FB coin on popular exchanges
FB want to launch his crypto in first half of 2019

According to reports from Bloomberg and later The New York Times, Facebook is building a digital payments system for WhatsApp, its end-to-end encrypted messaging app. It would let users send and receive cash without having to pay fees

The New York Times' report on Thursday provides a tentative timeline for when it could finally launch: The paper's sources say Facebook is aiming to launch something in the first half of 2019. The company has also reportedly talked to cryptocurrency exchanges, platforms where users can buy and sell digital currencies, about supporting Facebook's product.

I think it  will be best way to promote crypto currencies
For many people with zero knowledge cryptocurrency is kind of fraud or even criminal
Now thanks FB coin they will  most likely to learn what crypto currencies  really is
And we will have yet another stable coin that time with use cases

https://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-cryptocurrency-whatsapp-reports-rumors-2019-2?r=US&IR=T

I doubt that this can be called a cryptocurrency, I am sure that Facebook will be able to track all payments and control our money)

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 12:06:59 PM

I am pretty sure that Facebook is going to launch its own crypto currency, but I am also sure that this would not happen in 2019. Such a huge giant as Facebook can wait for several years to enter the growing market.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:24:20 AM

I doubt that this can be called a cryptocurrency, I am sure that Facebook will be able to track all payments and control our money)
I really doubt if this story of Facebook is true irrespective of the means of publication provided it is not coming directly from the Facebook itself or project direct, I count it rumor till further notice.

So many times, Facebook has shown us it’s not a supporter of crypto currency through their action of banning lots of pages promoting crypto though its action was as a result of the fraudulent act going on in the crypto world with these ICOs, so they will rather not use their platform to promote it at all than be part of people leading innocent investors into ICO scam but if Facebook was really coming out with this idea, the coin will honestly go a long way and my rub shoulder with ethereum in the top list of coins.
tonibyuzen

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 01:29:32 PM

It will be very interesting to see this coin, because it should significantly affect the popularity of cryptocurrencies. In addition, given the fact that we are waiting for the cryptocurrency from Telegram, we can see the competition between these two giants. The future is very close.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: