Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:57:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The misunderstandings in KYC (know your customer)  (Read 784 times)
Krismanto

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 07:20:39 AM

I think KYC is not a problem because they want not to have many account users. And as long as they ask for KYC, we must check and be careful. But they also don't force you to do KYC. So you can also reject it, but as a result, you don't get tokens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clonely

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 07:20:50 AM

I have seen many hunters talk about the kyc with utmost hatred. Many wants kyc removed, many thinks it's not fair for hunters, while some say it shouldn't be for hunters, because hunters are not investors.

But the point is, if the company or start-up project asks for kyc from hunters, they are not wrong in any way.

Kyc are not for investors only, as long as you will hold or holds a company's or start-up project equity share and have voting rights, you are a customer. What this simply means is that whether you bought the token or through bounty hunting but holds this token with the so called investors, there is no different between you hunter and an investor with cash.

Both of you holds the same token from this company and share equal right with them, which means that what an investor can do an this particular company, you as hunter holding the same token can do also.

The only difference is that the investors invested their cash and you invested your time and both of you holds the same token and shares equal rights.  So if you say that you can't pass through kyc because you are a hunter, then you are the cheater
You do not understand the essence of KYC verification. This check is carried out to prevent cases of money laundering and to combat the financing of terrorism. The ICO teams themselves do not do this. They receive information and hold it for a certain time in case the relevant state bodies turn to them for the necessary information. ICO teams actually do not need this information. What difference does it make for them whether a citizen of one or another country will have their token? If this absurdity with the passage of the KYC test develops, then it will be possible to install KYC checks in all outlets. Imagine, you go to one store to buy cigarettes or juice, and you are told, pass before this check KYC. Fill out forms, attach copies of your passports, certificates of residence, and so on. Come after this to another store - the same thing. Do you think this will be normal?
One should not confuse the state program of combating crimes and the simple, unjustified interest of ICO teams to our confidential data.

I think you're missing out somethings also. First of all, no matter what we say, KYC is completely reversed to the logic of blockchain and crypto money!
Suppose that they take measures against criminal activities with KYC. But does this process end only after ICO and bounty distribution? In other words, how do KYC projects follow the process after the distribution is completed? People can trade and exchange their cryptocurrencies without KYC!

Do people who have money laundering need ICOs? For example, Binance allows daily processing up to 2 BTC without KYC. Is there any way that the person who comes up to Binance can clear the money from there? Without any KYC? The answer is yes! I know dozens of other exchanges like this. Moreover, there are DEXs even though the volume is low. So let's not fool ourselves. The AML and Money Laundering event never will be solved with KYC.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 07:30:54 AM

I have seen many hunters talk about the kyc with utmost hatred. Many wants kyc removed, many thinks it's not fair for hunters, while some say it shouldn't be for hunters, because hunters are not investors.

But the point is, if the company or start-up project asks for kyc from hunters, they are not wrong in any way.

Kyc are not for investors only, as long as you will hold or holds a company's or start-up project equity share and have voting rights, you are a customer. What this simply means is that whether you bought the token or through bounty hunting but holds this token with the so called investors, there is no different between you hunter and an investor with cash.

Both of you holds the same token from this company and share equal right with them, which means that what an investor can do an this particular company, you as hunter holding the same token can do also.

The only difference is that the investors invested their cash and you invested your time and both of you holds the same token and shares equal rights.  So if you say that you can't pass through kyc because you are a hunter, then you are the cheater
You do not understand the essence of KYC verification. This check is carried out to prevent cases of money laundering and to combat the financing of terrorism. The ICO teams themselves do not do this. They receive information and hold it for a certain time in case the relevant state bodies turn to them for the necessary information. ICO teams actually do not need this information. What difference does it make for them whether a citizen of one or another country will have their token? If this absurdity with the passage of the KYC test develops, then it will be possible to install KYC checks in all outlets. Imagine, you go to one store to buy cigarettes or juice, and you are told, pass before this check KYC. Fill out forms, attach copies of your passports, certificates of residence, and so on. Come after this to another store - the same thing. Do you think this will be normal?
One should not confuse the state program of combating crimes and the simple, unjustified interest of ICO teams to our confidential data.

I think you're missing out somethings also. First of all, no matter what we say, KYC is completely reversed to the logic of blockchain and crypto money!
Suppose that they take measures against criminal activities with KYC. But does this process end only after ICO and bounty distribution? In other words, how do KYC projects follow the process after the distribution is completed? People can trade and exchange their cryptocurrencies without KYC!

Do people who have money laundering need ICOs? For example, Binance allows daily processing up to 2 BTC without KYC. Is there any way that the person who comes up to Binance can clear the money from there? Without any KYC? The answer is yes! I know dozens of other exchanges like this. Moreover, there are DEXs even though the volume is low. So let's not fool ourselves. The AML and Money Laundering event never will be solved with KYC.
Any alternatives to AML&KYC? Binance let the withdrawal up to 2 BTC without passing KYC procedure but they accept withdrawal request based on their personal view related to account activity.
If someone wants to send financial help to ISIS then which way he gonna to choose doesn't matter. Bitcoin is a digital form of money and it has the same power like cash for such kind of transactions. Big banks just apply KYC for bypassing the governmental regulations and they have inside connections with criminal people in my opinion.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 07:57:11 AM

Many bounty hunters refuse to pass the KYC taking care of the security of their data and they are right. I say this because I got into a situation where the startup collected data and disappeared. Because of this, there is a very strong disappointment, you are not only that worked for free for several months, and even sent their data to scammers. So before you require the passage of KYC bounty hunters, let the project will ensure the safety of our data.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2019, 08:06:12 AM

Bounty hunters also own a lot of token supply and they have to pass KYC if there is the same rule for other investors. No exception is logical and acceptable, especially for bounty campaign participants.
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 08:12:49 AM

I fully agree with you, regardless of whether you invest in the project or are bounty hunters, you also own tokens. There is nothing wrong with passing the KYC procedure, if you are not a fraudster, then there is nothing to be afraid of, it does not require much effort from you and does not take too much time.

defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2019, 09:10:26 AM

In fact, I would make for bounty hunters a more simplified KYC walkthrough. I believe that it is necessary to create a single platform for the passage of KYC bounty hunters. It would be very convenient to upload all the necessary documents once and just log in to the project site for automatic identification.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 09:23:48 AM

I fully agree with you, regardless of whether you invest in the project or are bounty hunters, you also own tokens. There is nothing wrong with passing the KYC procedure, if you are not a fraudster, then there is nothing to be afraid of, it does not require much effort from you and does not take too much time.
I agree with your statement that KYC is not a  bad idea. Problem with KYC is that some of them are becoming increasingly difficult to pass even as an investor and not just a hunter. There should be some way around to make it easy to pass since people are sacrificing their private information in order to be part of a project.
arnoldrimmer

Activity: 358

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 10:00:33 AM

Kyc to me isn't a bad idea but where I don't like it is when the company wants  to defraud  bounty hunters of their token through KYC by introducing it when the bounty campaigns have ended and the tokens are about to be distribu. Both investors and bounty hunters should be entitled to KYC as they are all in possession of the project token ted

► HackenAI ◄  ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦  ► HackenAI ◄
───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───
Facebook◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
tonibyuzen

Activity: 168

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 10:32:39 AM

I am one of those bounty hunters who oppose the introduction of KYC. Yes, we as investors receive tokens of the project, but the amount of these tokens is not so great to share their confidential information. I have no guarantee that the project will not use my data in the future and will not give them to third parties.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Babbylily1112

Activity: 247

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2019, 10:58:28 AM

I find nothing wrong with KYC, Once you are going to hold a project token, you are already a Customer so passing through KYC shouldn't be an option but KYC should be done for a reasonable amount of token not when we are given peanuts

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
Tahdayi

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 02:29:32 PM

I agree , most hunters use a lot of accounts and then are unable to provide the documents , I think kyc it is a good tool to root out unscrupulous hunters

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 02:37:55 PM

I think KYC is not a problem because they want not to have many account users. And as long as they ask for KYC, we must check and be careful. But they also don't force you to do KYC. So you can also reject it, but as a result, you don't get tokens.

In my opinion, I think the KYC is useful for the investors who spend money to buy Tokens from the ICO project, the bounty members doing KYC is a waste time and not necessary because the token they earned is so tiny than total supply of token.
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 06:57:06 PM

I might stand not to agree with you on this, I own a company and I included KYC because we don't want anyone carrying out heavy transactions on our platform that won't fall back to us since we deal with fiat and cryptocurrency, I think for my company it is okay to have KYC.

But, I don't see the reason why an ICO project carry out KYC for it's users when I am sure no one made payment using fiat therefore making it next to impossible to track a particular users transaction even if the government ordered the company to release the details of a user. ICO companies should do KYC for themselves and not actually the investors.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 07:23:33 PM

But who needs KYC for crypto projects?

Most successful crypto "bitcoin" didn't even asked for anything?

So why these team have KYC as a part in it.
HELLOFF

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 08:10:15 PM

The fact is that in the course of my entire practice of participating in Bounty companies, not a single successful project set conditions to provide personal data to Bounty participants. For the whole 2018, not a single project was successful,
SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 08:17:56 PM

The fact is that in the course of my entire practice of participating in Bounty companies, not a single successful project set conditions to provide personal data to Bounty participants. For the whole 2018, not a single project was successful,

The biggest problem is not KYC generally, but the fact that some companies say no KYC is required and afterwards they change it.

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 08:34:19 PM

Now the big problem is that KYC verification is not used by ICO teams openly and before we join the ICO signature campaign. I personally can not provide some of the required documents regarding the confirmation of residence at the place of registration, as I do not currently live at the address of my registration. Therefore, I must first evaluate whether I can pass the KYC check, since there are no uniform rules for providing information and documents. However, a KYC check is usually carried out after the end of the ICO or the ICO team first asserts that there will be no KYC checks, and then, at the end of the ICO, they declare that they change their mind and such a check will be carried out. This is clearly an uncomfortable position, as they, in fact, force me to work for free.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 03:12:36 AM

Here is the reality why many are not in favor of KYC thing. We have to share our personal informations in which we do not want to share it with. Sometimes, they require you to show some IDs which is needed for verifications. Some may misuse our infos and i do not want that to happen. I am not attracted with these particular ICO which regulates KYC.
Cemploon

Activity: 644

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 03:30:36 AM

KYC is indeed the pros and cons of the bounty hunters. I think everything depends on the regulations of each Bounty project. But they often change the rules they make themselves. At the beginning of the campaign they said that they did not use KYC, but they were after Bounty was finished. Each participant is given a KYC form and must pass KYC. This made some Bounty participants disappointed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: