Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:06:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It is extremely hard to gain merits  (Read 906 times)
UnruffledST (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:05:02 AM

I have seen that merits have been extremely hard to come by, I have not been asking for them but still I feel I should maybe have gained 3-8 merits as some people even went out to find my post insightful and helpful at times, should a new system have to be in place? saying so as a technically new member on the forum, how long would I have to wait? I know there are times where I am active here and there but the past month I have been really active and still, why should it be so hard to just even obtain Jr member stat? I honestly haven't looked to much into the merit system to see how they are generated or if there is a reason on why one would not want to give them away but wouldn't it be easier to have a system in place such as that seen in stackexchange? Find a post/thread/reply give it a thumbs up/down someonething that is free to give away still if the thumbs down outweights the up they derank type of thing? I feel like this would be more helpful as my guess is I see people being greedy with their merits, IDK?Huh
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:13:36 AM

I actually think you may be on to something.

Lucky for you that you just discovered merit club. Now that you're here.

First rule about merit club....

The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2019, 05:16:00 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2019, 05:27:23 AM by Coolcryptovator

Noticed from your post history that you are posting on Altcoin Discussion board only. Almost 95% of your post on Altcoins Discussion board. There is very low chance to gain merit even you make quality post on mega thread. All spammer around there. That's why no one will bother to read your post even you had made quality post. Can you point your few post on the OP that you think deserve merit ? So we can look on your post.

Few days back you were not about how work ICO wallet address,

Can someone lead me to the right direction of how ICO's automatically generate new addreses for each new registered user that is uniquely tied to them?

But now you feel that you need merit for make your ANN thread.

So with just 1 merit I can post images then?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
UnruffledST (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:31:41 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5108059.msg49664892#msg49664892
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5107118.msg49662055#msg49662055
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5048426.msg46840055#msg46840055
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5111658.msg49813330#msg49813330

I know maybe not a majority of my post is me talking about project ideas/shilling in a way but maybe if there was a thumbs up/down type of approach I would be encouraged to write a much higher quality post before doing so such as hey this project did this good go into more details on their achievements and then be like this is a solution that I feel would benefit the community as a whole, if the community agrees of course I would be getting some thumbs up in if not then yea the thumbs down would be coming making sure that they didn't see any value in my post, just a thought.

I know when going to stackexchange I always do so just because of their rules in place, and feel pretty scared to post a low quality post just because I know I will lose rank.

Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:35:03 AM
Merited by hugeblack (1)

After a while we are seeing a merit related thread on META. Cheesy

Yes it is hard to earn since merits are generated every months with a limited quantity to the selective people called merit sources,so you need to post something which might get attention of merit sources to reward you a merit.

Posting useful things on mega threads won't get you there.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
UnruffledST (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:40:26 AM

Noticed from your post history that you are posting on Altcoin Discussion board only. Almost 95% of your post on Altcoins Discussion board. There is very low chance to gain merit even you make quality post on mega thread. All spammer around there. That's why no one will bother to read your post even you had made quality post. Can you point your few post on the OP that you think deserve merit ? So we can look on your post.

Few days back you were not about how work ICO wallet address,

Can someone lead me to the right direction of how ICO's automatically generate new addreses for each new registered user that is uniquely tied to them?

I mean if you take a look it was 5-6 months back, just shows also how long one has been in the forum, not to long but for a while also.

I am not saying hey I deserve merits for all my post obviously not, also I have the right to ask a question, hey whoever answers my question should deserve a merit of course not me. I used the search function, did not find any related threads so I posted one asking a serious question, a helpful member would have lead me in the right direction for free still most try to keep it secret knowledge when it would be free in any other community, hey look at this common knowledge automated task that you could implement if you have some general coding skills(if not I can help you out at a charge) still people do not even try to help it's just a charge for everything and try to squeeze money out of all crypto holders.

not even trying to say I truly deserve the 3 merits or anything, still hey I feel at least one I should have obtained? I mean we are all busy people, why do I also have to make it a full time job to be able to gain 1?
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2019, 05:43:56 AM

My honest review about your post is, first 3 post is consider spam in my opinions. Although your last post I will not consider spam post but it's not a good post also. I have detect something mislead. So there is no way to send merit on your post for me. I am not sure about others opinions, may be someone else might think worth of merit. But I describe just my opinion. You have to improve your posting behaviour. At leas make few good post and obviously you could gain merit. Don't make post for merit only, make good post for community.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
UnruffledST (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:53:19 AM

My honest review about your post is, first 3 post is consider spam in my opinions. Although your last post I will not consider spam post but it's not a good post also. I have detect something mislead. So there is no way to send merit on your post for me. I am not sure about others opinions, may be someone else might think worth of merit. But I describe just my opinion. You have to improve your posting behaviour. At leas make few good post and obviously you could gain merit. Don't make post for merit only, make good post for community.

Me:

"To be honest you are asking the wrong question.

The question to ask is what projects actually need cryptocurrency, because there are many projects that can actually benefit from the use of the blockchain but do not really need a native coin.

Blockchain and cryptocurrency are two different things and maybe you should do some research on the difference before digging in further."

User:

"I am well a aware of that the currency is just a byproduct of the blockchain mining (as the rewards motivates to keep the blockchain secure). But the question remains even if we talk about just platform tokens. Some of them have an use case, some of them exist just because of the ico funding model. And i was answering to the claim that "Every project needs a blockchain". So maybe you should read before answering."

Me:

"I am talking about your whole thread in general started off wrong, you asked the wrong question. Cryptocurrency is not a byproduct of blockchain mining as that is not the reason why crypto exists. What I am saying is that you seem to not be asking the right questions nor gaining the right answers from it.

There are many blockchains that run without crypto and the immutability of it is very essential in the business world.

most of the reason blockchains have coins is just because of the ICO nothing else as they have no real purpose.

a example is hyperledger which uses no cryptocurrency but provides real business to business solution with the use of blockchain which is very much needed in the business world."

User:

"I need to study the hyperledger before continuing , thanks for the info. Let me get back to you."

How would that have been spam? pointed out something wrong in his question,

he pointed out that I didn't understand his question,

I provided his some insightful information to help him understand why his question was wrong and lead him in the right direction,

he said thanks I didn't know that let me look into it.

I mean I honestly do not post looking for merits, but the time has also come where I would like to post a image to make a ANN and would of liked to have 1 merit, so now I would have to ask a friend to post my ANN for me.

Honestly I wouldn't spend my time chasing around merits as I most of the time I do not hold back on my opinion, plus I have to much things on my hand to be chasing around merits.
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1759

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:55:46 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2019, 06:18:11 AM by YOSHIE

Everything will be easy if you want, sure and effort? give a topic / post that is conducive and meaningful to the Forum, you will get Merit.
For example: posts that mean.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5095716.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5112334.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5112444.0

Provided you are sure to do something good, the results will also be good,
Trying to find meaningful information can be an example for other bitcointalk members.
Remember: (delayed success failure).

Do not often quote the results of people giving ideas, prioritizing your own mind, it is better for your purpose.

I mean the 3 threads that you linked would take a extreme amount of time to do so,
That is, what is called business, like I said earlier,
Struggle, time and ideas, inseparable from meaningful posts,
Why does someone not complain about (time) when giving a good post to the forum.
that is, your weakness, when you don't get 1 Merit now.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
UnruffledST (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 06:05:49 AM

Everything will be easy if you want, sure and effort? give a topic / post that is conducive and meaningful to the Forum, you will get Merit.

Trying to find meaningful information can be an example for other bitcointalk members.

I mean the 3 threads that you linked would take a extreme amount of time to do so, I do not see why I would have to research 3 hours into just providing a list of contents or script or hidden features, a system like the one seen in stackexchange would seem more useful as it would be easily used in ever corner of bitcointalk I know it can be done from having owned forums myself back in 2011-2013. Not everyone has the time to make such insightful post on bitcointalk itself.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 06:11:00 AM

The problem here is that people are not greedy with their merits (there is nothing to gain for keeping them) but not all memvers here in the forum are worthy to receive one. The perfect example is you, if you look at your post history you will see nothing but either a short or generic post which both are not worthy to receive anything. Before you even think that the other members are the problem here why not look at your post quality first before you start judging.
UnruffledST (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 06:15:53 AM

The problem here is that people are not greedy with their merits (there is nothing to gain for keeping them) but not all memvers here in the forum are worthy to receive one. The perfect example is you, if you look at your post history you will see nothing but either a short or generic post which both are not worthy to receive anything. Before you even think that the other members are the problem here why not look at your post quality first before you start judging.

Of course even I admit to it, I mean 99% of my post content do not deserve a merit still there are 1-3 occasions where I could of gotten one, even more where I could of gotten a thumbs up.

and I mean I already answered your question I do not look for merits, nor do I make it my job to do so, is this post of yours deserving of a merit? I do not think so because you do not even stay on topic of the post so you should look at your post before doing so also, at least the two-three other members actually provided some intellectual conversation.

Why would I want to make it my job to make all 100% of my post merit worthy, no thanks especially with the high standard of having to gain one.

Plus Coolcryptovator already pointed out my post contents, your posts seems a little generic and bland.
jeromix
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

Ako Bayot!

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 09:51:25 AM

No, if you will going to behave properly as the merit source will going to look over you as time passes by and will definitely help you to rank up if you are also a good poster. I have known some users here that already ranking through the help of the merit source. Just be cool and obey the forum rules and aside from that you have to extend help among other users who are new and be careful about your posting habit that may disgrace you as your account. It would also be a plus points for yourself if you are good in English Grammar Construction. You will be able to rank up immediately if you have commendable post. But, if you are not, the you will be one of the bitter users that will complain of not receiving some merits. LOL. I have experience that already so now I am just likely contented with my rank. LOL

-edited

Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2019, 09:56:21 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2019, 04:09:50 PM by Heisenberg_Hunter
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

If you had visited my Merit Giveaway thread you would have been awarded a merit. Starting a mere begging thread like this won't help you in receiving your merits rather it complicates your situation of earning one even though you have a not bad posting quality. If you head onto the Beginners board people like me are conducting active merit giveaways to help Newbies and Jr Members in ranking up.

There is very low chance to gain merit even you make quality post on mega thread. All spammer around there. That's why no one will bother to read your post even you had made quality post.
Certainly This. Making redundant posts in spam megathreads won't gain you merit. I am one among the very few who has gained some merits from the Spamcoin Altcoin Discussion board. It is certainly on which topic you post rather than what you post! I have guided some newbies in creating their own alts, clearing up their source code problems which has gained me merits. They were not Legendaries or Hero members to merit me and probably I post regardless of their rank. Whenever an Altcoin technical topic gets posted in the Bitcoin board they are moved onto the Altcoin boards. Search for such topics and help them.

,so you need to post something which might get attention of merit sources to reward you a merit.
So, you are sticking on to the main boards for getting the attention of merit sources and receiving merits?
If you are making posts only for receiving merits and ranking up then that shouldn't be. We are here in this forum not to earn and receive merits, but to help others and contribute something to the community. The signatures are just an incentive and to motivate people on making good posts.

If I were to make posts to receive merits, then I shouldn't have visited the Altcoin Board at all. What do I gain by helping a newbie in a spam board which wouldn't be visited by merit sources?

So with just 1 merit I can post images then?
You were not aware of the forum standards and right after knowing that you need a Jr.Member Rank to post images, you seem to be creating this whining thread.

P.S I have given this post a Merit. Not that to rank you up, but I found it better than your other posts and merit was designed to identify good posts and not for those which we accept!
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 10:16:14 AM
Merited by DireWolfM14 (1)

Many sources try to avoid the Altcoin section coz of the turbulent sig. spam there, that's why people like you posting only there are difficult to spot.
I read some random posts form your post history and what I can say you are faaar better then the rest of the crowd posting there.
I don't consider this post as a merit begging so.. Smiley

jeromix
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

Ako Bayot!

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 10:31:16 AM

Do not often quote the results of people giving ideas, prioritizing your own mind, it is better for your purpose.

I mean the 3 threads that you linked would take a extreme amount of time to do so,
That is, what is called business, like I said earlier,
Struggle, time and ideas, inseparable from meaningful posts,
Why does someone not complain about (time) when giving a good post to the forum.
that is, your weakness, when you don't get 1 Merit now.
    This is why I will also likely will not going to receive merits because it takes time to present a quality commendable posts. The post really deserves merit as what being presented by YOSHIE. So OP, instead of complaining here of not getting merits why not start a thorough well bake thread?

As I have made my reply earlier that a merit source will consider giving you merits if you will obey rules, be good to other users and then do hardwork by making commendable post to receive merits. If only I have a lot of time to do it then possibly I will do one. But, my time is limited and I am not literally focusing on this forum. Besides there are other ways to earn than just doing signature campaign. As we all know that ranking up is essential in getting huge rewards.

If I were you do not focus in this forum if you could not make a commendable post. Make another way of earning extra income. Look what i have done, I have my job, i have a part time job and I do marketing as an real estate using facebook and other social media. I do them together and this is why my time is very limited and I need also to balance spending quality time for the family especially to my wife and my kids.

CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2019, 10:31:59 AM
Merited by Pmalek (1)

I honestly haven't looked to much into the merit system to see how they are generated or if there is a reason on why one would not want to give them away but wouldn't it be easier to have a system in place such as that seen in stackexchange?

Glad you admitted you haven't looked into the merit system that much, that could be the reason for your suggestion. If you observe the merit system, you'll come to a conclusion that it's truely doing the job it was intended for. We have limited amount of smerits generated by theymos then distribute to merit sources and the main reason users aren't recieving that merit is due to the quality of their posts.

Another reason could be the board you're posting in that's why a Reputed merit source created this thread; [self-moderated] Report unmerited good posts to Merit Source to enable merit sources get access to quality posts in boards they aren't active in.

OP if you feel you have written some quality post and it went unmerited, make use of the thread; UPDATED [05/03/2019]: List of Active Merit Giveaways threads. there are numerous of higher ranked members ready to help users with your rank status.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 9485

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 11:14:50 AM

I actually think you may be on to something.

Lucky for you that you just discovered merit club. Now that you're here.

First rule about merit club....

I sent you one yesterday for a post I considered Merit worthy. Stop playing the hard done by act & you’ll get more from others. Pretty sure I’ve seen Loyce send you some before too.

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████▀█████████████▄▄██████████
██████▀██████████████████████
████████████████▀██████▌████
███████████████▀▀▄█▄▀▀█████▀
███████████████████▀▀█████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████
          ▀▀▀████████
                ▀▀▀███

......PLAY......
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3037

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 11:23:50 AM

@OP
Just be helpful if its possible and try to make some quality contributions to the Forum .

Do not try too hard to get merited for every post or thread by running your head through the wall for it .

Either they come or they do not come.

LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 9485

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 11:46:48 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2019, 11:57:13 AM by LFC_Bitcoin

OP, most of your posting history is in the Alt Currencies board. It’s one of the worst, lowest quality parts of the forum. I doubt many Merit sources look for posts to Merit there so you’re pissing in the wind trying to gain Merit posting there frequently.

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████▀█████████████▄▄██████████
██████▀██████████████████████
████████████████▀██████▌████
███████████████▀▀▄█▄▀▀█████▀
███████████████████▀▀█████▀