Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:12:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining on android phone  (Read 15050 times)
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 02:05:22 PM

It is completely possible to mine on a smartphone, the problem is there’s just so little to be made most android applications don’t harbor stealth miners inside of them. It’s more worthwhile for someone malicious to infect phones and get money through other means. Windows-based computers and other laptops and desktops with non-ARM processors are a different story, though, and many applications intended for those devices can harbor stealth miners that mine in the background for a profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rawdog11

Activity: 149
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 03:26:44 PM

As many have said, its not that its impossible...but doing it would be horrendous for the phone. It isn't built to handle that in terms of heat and in terms of power consumption. It would kill the battery and wouldn't make you anywhere near a positive return.

It would be better to just buy whatever coin you're looking for. Or if you're looking to do real mining to buy a rig specifically built to handle mining.

avonka

Activity: 512
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 10:57:02 PM

It`s an interesting game. For some newbies  it  could be the first introduction to the mining.  Not much profitable, but interesting.
meanwords

Merit: 163

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 11:36:28 PM

Since you've already heard a lot of stories about it, I think it's enough because mining in android phone is completely worthless. You'll be only wasting your time, electricity and effort in it. Phones are not made for mining. If you really insist to try it, you could try mining in some faucet to earn some very small amount of satoshi in a very long period of time.
adterna

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:41:18 AM

I don't think it can be done when mining on Android, and if there are those offering mining in Andriod, don't be fooled because the possibility is a fraud that is under the guise of mining, and until now many people have been deceived by mining on Android, even though it's possible the results are not as expected, because the Android function is not for mining.

────────  WORLD BEST MINER  ────────
CRYPTO MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
GENESIS MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
Abduraxman001

Activity: 333
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 09:49:43 AM

I assure you -you can mine some coins on your phone.
If you have a good processor on your smartphone and your smartphone is too powerful-look here on the forum -there are many coins that can be mined using the processor.
Note that the heat exchange must be provided by an external cooler.
Keadyar

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 12:06:14 PM

If you have a good processor on your smartphone and your smartphone is too powerful-look here on the forum -there are many coins that can be mined using the processor.
It seems to me that it is absurd to get coins to use a smartphone for this purpose? This is a hello for a smartphone malfunction and the cost of the mined coins is unlikely to override the cost of repairs.

Coinsbit Exchange (coinsbit.io) - the best cryptoexchange launched!!!
Kasperiko

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 02:03:26 PM

Most likely there is a virus in mind. Dont see the meaning of mining on the phone. The battery very quickly sits down and the phone itself may become unusable after a few months.
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 02:16:54 PM

It seems to me that it is absurd to get coins to use a smartphone for this purpose? This is a hello for a smartphone malfunction and the cost of the mined coins is unlikely to override the cost of repairs.

It is absurd. People get confused with pretend mining (like ETN), and the many airdrops/scams/viruses out there.

Phone processors are not designed for mining, and are not as powerful as more practical items like GPUs. Practicality is the key here - sure, you can theoretically take an expensive high end phone, access the CPU die, add an external cooler, then mine at a loss on electric costs. Probably would need to improve the power delivery, maybe solder on some new PSU power traces.

But is this sensible? No.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 09:04:51 AM

I guess mining on an mobile phone is not feasible and will be proved costly later on. So I think we should evaluate projects that supposedly are mobile phones mineable and maybe should shy away from them since its a little bit inappropriate. Imho.
Cellerex

Activity: 434

Coinsbit.io

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 10:29:52 AM

I guess mining on an mobile phone is not feasible and will be proved costly later on. So I think we should evaluate projects that supposedly are mobile phones mineable and maybe should shy away from them since its a little bit inappropriate. Imho.
Of course, mining on a smartphone is unprofitable. This will lead to rapid wear of the device. And besides, given the weak power of the smartphone, I do not think that this can really earn.

Coinsbit.io is a new trading platform that provides businesses and individual traders with Low commissions, MultiSupport, Strong Security and Open API
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:07:22 PM

Didn't Electroneum recently announce their own Android mining smartphone M1? I am really wondering how this smartphone should work then, especially with the price of that phone.
Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 08:14:38 PM

It is absurd. People get confused with pretend mining (like ETN), and the many airdrops/scams/viruses out there.

Phone processors are not designed for mining, and are not as powerful as more practical items like GPUs. Practicality is the key here - sure, you can theoretically take an expensive high end phone, access the CPU die, add an external cooler, then mine at a loss on electric costs. Probably would need to improve the power delivery, maybe solder on some new PSU power traces.

But is this sensible? No.

I agree it's absurd. What will come next, mine on your toaster, on your tv? My tv also has android and a processor actually. Mine on your gpu's. If you dont have any, go buy some.
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 10:26:27 PM

Most coins that are mineable with a phone at their early stage have little to no value and it can take all the time to mine just a little destroying your phone and ending with lots of hardware issues for just 2$ My advice is just do some bounties follow airdrop and stay clear of phone mining

naufals4

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 12:28:33 AM

I’m a complete beginner with this , does anyone have any tips for apps to mine bitcoin through android phones? I read various stories on doing this, some not so great but thought I’d give it a try
do not mining using your smartphone because the smartphone is made not for mining and it is not designed to do hard work continuously and it will cause overheating and damage to smartphone components quickly. so if you want to do mining, start using GPU or Antminer.

spydee1522

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 07:22:57 AM

Mining with your android phone is just a waste of time and  battery consumption, Android is not made for that and doing that at that extent will cause harm to your phone which may contain your vital information. Get yourself appropriate devices for mining which is profitable than these so called and Android Apps.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 10:34:57 AM

Didn't Electroneum recently announce their own Android mining smartphone M1? I am really wondering how this smartphone should work then, especially with the price of that phone.

Yeah they did announce it in this site - https://electroneum.com/m1/ but I did not find any data to its mining profitability and also find the battery specs inferior and not advisable to mining. Imho.

Battery:
1600 mAh
72 hours standby
6-8 hours talk time
Dennicex

Activity: 393
Merit: 1

Coinsbit exchange

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 03:07:32 PM

Yeah they did announce it in this site - https://electroneum.com/m1/ but I did not find any data to its mining profitability and also find the battery specs inferior and not advisable to mining. Imho.

Battery:
1600 mAh
72 hours standby
6-8 hours talk time

When project Electroneum appeared, everyone thought that there would be some restrictions so that mining could only be available from mobile devices with protection from other algorithms. But as we see the system is easy to fool.

Coinsbit is a new trading platform that provides businesses and individual traders with Low commissions, Multi-Support, Strong Security, and Open API.
leowonderful
Legendary

Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 03:10:51 PM

Still wouldn't buy the M1; seems like mostly a gimmick from what I can see with Electroneum advertising potential rewards of "up to $3/month". Specs also do not look that great with 8GB internal storage and other features that are pretty basic for 2019. You can get a better value elsewhere for a phone, and you also shouldn't be buying a phone simply for mining purposes in the first place either. Not worth the premium you're paying for a basic phone IMO.
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 03:55:12 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2019, 04:14:50 PM by Darkoth89

Still wouldn't buy the M1; seems like mostly a gimmick from what I can see with Electroneum advertising potential rewards of "up to $3/month". Specs also do not look that great with 8GB internal storage and other features that are pretty basic for 2019. You can get a better value elsewhere for a phone, and you also shouldn't be buying a phone simply for mining purposes in the first place either. Not worth the premium you're paying for a basic phone IMO.

That's exactly my point. The specs for the M1 look like they came from a ten year old smart phone. But if you believe their promise of "up to $3/month", I am wondering what would be possible with the 2019s flagships. These $3 per month are probably just marketing gossip.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: