Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:50:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]DeleteCoin ***GET IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN ****  (Read 36221 times)
braane

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:12:01 PM

This was an idea that we had come up with one night as a solution, in reality I should have posed it to the community first to determine the best approach. The protocol is not set in place and I am 100% open as to how we progress from here. Anyone else have any input into how to proceed?

I don't really have anything to add, just to say I support the idea.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:10:41 PM

If implemented correctly, you could eat up pretty much any crapcoin on the market. The only caveat is that Deletecoins would need to increase in purchasing power as the price increases. Or pick coins that have some relative value.

You can't really dump a coin with no buy orders, after all.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:17:12 AM

I do like the idea of this coin, just not sure whether it's ultimately going to backfire and make the targets more valuable as they become more "rare"

Reminds me a little of a website called Google Will Eat Itself - although it seems to be a hoax, the idea was to generate adsense revenue via fraudulent ad clicks, and use that to buy shares in Google. (Click fraud is really stiffing the adwords buyers, not so much Google, but the thought that shares in a company could be purchased with value "generated" by the same company is somewhat appealing)
escrowguy

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:25:37 AM

I like the idea of this coin  Wink delete all alts please Cheesy

Smiley
candidakefyr

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:53:51 AM

Block Explorer

http://cryptexplorer.com/chain/DeleteCoin

Any donations appreciated!
DEL: DQKCD4G8e78QjnMqAKfGaY66dXDmAfYpui

Mikellev

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:58:51 AM

Block Explorer

http://cryptexplorer.com/chain/DeleteCoin

Any donations appreciated!
DEL: DQKCD4G8e78QjnMqAKfGaY66dXDmAfYpui

To late

block explorer ?

Bounty out for it. Nullu, trying to get confirmation back on others willing to hold. Can you suggest anyone else.

http://explorerino.com/chain/DeleteCoin

your welcome
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:07:28 AM

and remember to delete deletecoin itself after deleting all those crap out there
Nullu

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:20:00 AM

AltDeleter, if I am one of the people you are happy to hold half of the premine, I can have my cold storage set up tonight and put up the address.

There seem to be a few different suggestions as to how exactly DeleteCoin should operate. It would be a good idea to get that nailed before we start trading in altcoins for DeleteCoins.

kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 11:27:47 AM

totally loving it.
where can i dump my crappy coins now? Smiley

Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:34:13 PM

totally loving it.
where can i dump my crappy coins now? Smiley

DEZ4Y1uKMf9G3hxQiF72SjKK5LyNHTBQeR

Thank you !
AltDeleter (OP)

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:21:26 PM

AltDeleter, if I am one of the people you are happy to hold half of the premine, I can have my cold storage set up tonight and put up the address.

There seem to be a few different suggestions as to how exactly DeleteCoin should operate. It would be a good idea to get that nailed before we start trading in altcoins for DeleteCoins.

Agreed. I think both suggestions are great idea's, it's just which was is the best route to go for the coin. The exchange I am getting for most coins is about 200 delete coins on average, which is less that one block.

So at this point, do we try to implement Nullu's idea where we try to dump the coins back onto exchanges, and buy back deletes and remove them and essentially boost our price? The only issue I see with that is finding an exchange that will take the coins or finding a buy order.

Second option would be to hard fork the coin and change max coins to make the premine worth more. At that time we could change the block reward to drive down the total supply. This will have a big impact on the front end as there is already people out there with a large supply. However with this it will reduce the max amount of coins increasing the price substantially and allowing us to acquire more alts. If we forked, I'd suggest we make max coin 600 Million (500 of which would be the premine) and change the block time for minting coins to 10 minutes instead of 1. That would make the minted coin just over 13 million per year.

If there are another suggestions I am 100% open to suggestions. I want this coin to be beneficial to the community most of all, and I want us to help alleviate this epidemic of horrible alt coins. In my eyes, an alt coins needs to offer something to the world.....not just have a picture of a squirrel on it.
Nullu

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:57:23 PM

Agreed. I think both suggestions are great idea's, it's just which was is the best route to go for the coin. The exchange I am getting for most coins is about 200 delete coins on average, which is less that one block.

So at this point, do we try to implement Nullu's idea where we try to dump the coins back onto exchanges, and buy back deletes and remove them and essentially boost our price? The only issue I see with that is finding an exchange that will take the coins or finding a buy order.

Second option would be to hard fork the coin and change max coins to make the premine worth more. At that time we could change the block reward to drive down the total supply. This will have a big impact on the front end as there is already people out there with a large supply. However with this it will reduce the max amount of coins increasing the price substantially and allowing us to acquire more alts. If we forked, I'd suggest we make max coin 600 Million (500 of which would be the premine) and change the block time for minting coins to 10 minutes instead of 1. That would make the minted coin just over 13 million per year.

If there are another suggestions I am 100% open to suggestions. I want this coin to be beneficial to the community most of all, and I want us to help alleviate this epidemic of horrible alt coins. In my eyes, an alt coins needs to offer something to the world.....not just have a picture of a squirrel on it.

I would expect that as you buy up Deletecoins and destroy them, you will push up the price. and therefore the odds of other exchanges taking an interest. It's going to take time for that to happen. I would say no fork is required. Just do as proposed.

The only real technicality is the exchange of Dels for the altcoin in question. There should be a community selection process (community suggest coins, and you open up a poll thread for which coin to target, community vote decides) Then the hand over of altcoins for del can take place. This is going to be tricky without Del being listed on more exchanges, and this will only work with coins on exchanges with buy orders, but you can escrow the trading, or perhaps you can get the coin listed on a website such as coinswap, and just make trades that way to start with until the gain is on more exchanges and has more exposure.

Ideally Del needs an exchange on board with the idea, so they not only list DeleteCoin, but whatever coin it is you wish to delete.

Dimelord

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:21:06 PM

I will delete deletecoins  Cheesy Such a GIMMICK
CrunchHarder

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 08:29:25 PM

Come and mine with the CrunchHarder DeleteCoin Pool for security, redundancy and stability.

https://del.crunchharder.net

https://crunchharder.net/images/logo-sm.jpg

Peace of mind DeleteCoin mining with Crunch Harder:

*UK-Based Pool
*High End Dedicated Servers
*Fully Redundant, Fault-Tolerant Architecture
*Automatic Backup of Wallets and Databases
*Technical Support from Experienced Coin Devs and Pool Owners
*Dedicated Support Ticketing System
*Support for Novice and Experienced Miners
*4096 Bit SSL Security with SHA256

https://del.crunchharder.net
whale123

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:57:59 PM

Great idea for a coin but poor execution.
No block explorer at start.
Only one person behind the coin (you need more devs, success of this coin is matter of trust).
No roadmap for this coin.
I think it can be saved but you need to build active development team.

AltDeleter (OP)

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:16:45 PM

Great idea for a coin but poor execution.
No block explorer at start.
Only one person behind the coin (you need more devs, success of this coin is matter of trust).
No roadmap for this coin.
I think it can be saved but you need to build active development team.

To be honest there are actually three of us, a project manager and 2 devs. However, the 2 of the members are not active in the forums at all, so all of the postings come from a single source. When I refer to the community for answers it's because I want input from senior members and people that want the coin to succeed. If I functioned of our own wants and needs, the coin wouldn't be as strong as t could be.
whale123

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:18:37 PM

I guess first successful deleting action will prove if this coin is worth investing in. Time to pick your first target!

whale123

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:12:47 PM

Actually the price is rising!
300% growth!
We should get this coin on Coinmarketcap ASAP.

Xav243

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:09:02 AM

Actually the price is rising!
300% growth!
We should get this coin on Coinmarketcap ASAP.

Where did you see that?
On Swisscex, price is today at 120 satoshi. 3or 4 days ago it 400satoshis...
litecoin_messiah

Activity: 355
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 08:12:15 AM

This is so stupid deleting alt coins will just lower there supply thus increasing increasing there value by cutting off supply.

BS concept, premine scam.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: