Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:29:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]DeleteCoin ***GET IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN ****  (Read 36224 times)
AltDeleter (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:53:31 PM

Sorry guys been tracking down an issue with the block explorer and some people being on the old chain. Poolerino has the right fork. Please everyone ensure you have the new wallet/fork. Will have to chase down the explorer stuff and ensure exchanges are on the right one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mikellev

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:59:39 PM

Our blockexplorer is not working right now, as to many nodes are on the wrong chain / coinD now.
We keep you updated when explorerino is up to date again.

del.poolerino.com is on the right fork, so you can addnode us!

addnode=del.poolerino.com
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:27:02 PM

Please Please Please make sure you get on the right chain, you are wasting your hash, you need to add Poolerino as a minimum as they are on the right one. I have verified locally with my wallet.
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:48:24 PM

I just bought up 50k of my new favorite coin at swisscex, waiting to hear they are on correct chain before I withdrawal.
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:59:01 PM

I just bought up 50k of my new favorite coin at swisscex, waiting to hear they are on correct chain before I withdrawal.

Thanks for the support, I tried to imply this fact via twitter that block was dropping by to 10% of original reward and to get it now as assuming price will adjust accordingly, no one bit and I didn't feel it was right for my devs or I to grab them up.

That being said, it looks like the explorers, both Poolerinos and CryptExplorer have synched back up, I am showing the right chain as are both of them. I have a PM out to swissex and nxt-e to validate against them to ensure they are all on the right chain.

That being said, BIG THINGS are in the works as of right now. I am in discussion with a few exchanges to go ahead and implement direct exchanges to help automate this process. I will post more when I have a confirmation of the next steps.

Thanks all for being patient, and especially thanks to Poolerino (Mike and Freddy) for working with us this fork. They have been amazing through this whole process and have went above and beyond. Thanks again!
sixteendigits

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:05:31 PM

Thanks for the support, I tried to imply this fact via twitter that block was dropping by to 10% of original reward and to get it now as assuming price will adjust accordingly, no one bit and I didn't feel it was right for my devs or I to grab them up.

That being said, it looks like the explorers, both Poolerinos and CryptExplorer have synched back up, I am showing the right chain as are both of them. I have a PM out to swissex and nxt-e to validate against them to ensure they are all on the right chain.

That being said, BIG THINGS are in the works as of right now. I am in discussion with a few exchanges to go ahead and implement direct exchanges to help automate this process. I will post more when I have a confirmation of the next steps.

Thanks all for being patient, and especially thanks to Poolerino (Mike and Freddy) for working with us this fork. They have been amazing through this whole process and have went above and beyond. Thanks again!

Yeah, wish I had been paying attention, woulda mined more before the blocks dropped.  So hard to keep up on the comings and goings of so many different coins.  Anyway, better late than never, DEL has some real potential and love the new found direction.  I will support, mine, buy, and donate shitcoins for the cause!

Seriously, I used to love crypto, but now I come in this forum and it just puts me in a bad mood.  All I do is rant and rave and bitch about why this coin or that coin is garbage.  Well now I can put my negativity to good use.  DEL to the moon!  Shitcoins to the dirt!
Mikellev

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:06:23 PM

Swisscex is on the right fork as thy use us as a node.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:10:13 PM

instead of doing this scheme, why not just go and do some good deeds, like helping the homeless?

it seems so pointless

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
sixteendigits

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:40:41 PM

instead of doing this scheme, why not just go and do some good deeds, like helping the homeless?

it seems so pointless

This is not about creating anything, it is all about destruction.

While this may not be as noble a deed as helping the homeless, I think it does a good deed to the crypto community at large.  The more shitcoins that get suppressed, the less newbies get suckered into pump and dump schemes, and the more BTC flows into the quality coins.
ownerbest

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:49:57 PM

Consider my suggest, dev a change system to other coins or a voting system to decide which coins should be deleted?

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QM8Q7itiFjs9b2QaXgDuedT8cfX5qaYeqC
sixteendigits

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:02:32 PM

My opinion, dev should use some of the premine to run a giveaway of say, 50k DEL.  Run a few week long vote on which coins deserve to be deleted the most.  Every coin is on the table.  Each coin gets its own corresponding unspendable DEL address (they are the first to be deleted).  Purpose of the giveaway is to allow people to vote without having to mine or buy any, in the interest of fairness.  But every DEL you mine or buy gives you more votes.  Every DEL you delete equals a vote.  After a set time frame, the top 25-50 coins that are voted for being deleted are deemed to be the targets of DEL.

Possibly revisit this voting scheme every 2-3 months to allow new coins to enter the crosshairs, and old coins the community has changed its mind on to no longer be targets.
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:00:51 PM

Thanks for all the input guys. I can let you know this, my team and I are working several avenues to address this process and acquire alts. As of right now we are hoping to build value and work on the exchange aspect, which in the end, will ensure the premine is not being dumped as it will be placed within the exchange for an automated process. As I said we are in talks with a few exchanges trying to find the right fit, worst case scenario we will commission our own.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:10:24 PM

I think this coin has fantastic potential. It has and will continue to have my full support.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:18:07 PM

I think this coin has fantastic potential. It has and will continue to have my full support.

My opinion, dev should use some of the premine to run a giveaway of say, 50k DEL.  Run a few week long vote on which coins deserve to be deleted the most.  Every coin is on the table.  Each coin gets its own corresponding unspendable DEL address (they are the first to be deleted).  Purpose of the giveaway is to allow people to vote without having to mine or buy any, in the interest of fairness.  But every DEL you mine or buy gives you more votes.  Every DEL you delete equals a vote.  After a set time frame, the top 25-50 coins that are voted for being deleted are deemed to be the targets of DEL.

Possibly revisit this voting scheme every 2-3 months to allow new coins to enter the crosshairs, and old coins the community has changed its mind on to no longer be targets.

In regards to both of these, here is another change we are contemplating implementing but it will be down the road. As we continue to increase value, we may allow for sell orders to be placed on the exchange (once implemented). At that point we would allow voting based on volume and what coins people think are the most appropriate to focus on. From there, we can systematically attack each coin on an individual basis and allow for a much quicker death to most Smiley
sixteendigits

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:45:11 AM

Another thought I was having.  Obviously the details of how this whole system is gonna work are still up in the air a bit, but I would be careful about overly-automating the whole process of buying alts/dumping alts/buying DEL/deleting DEL.  This system needs to have some unpredictability and randomness to it or it will never work and will be abused by traders.

Here is what I mean.

Say I am some poor schmuck stuck with loads of Shitcoin #112.  Now, I do a bit of math based on the exchange rates for DEL you posted and all of a sudden I realize, hey, if I just swap my bag of Shitcoin #112 with the DEL devs, the DEL I get will trade for twice the BTC I would get if I just dumped Shitcoin #112 on the exchange!  Well, I might as well just dump this DEL, keep half the BTC, and since I know how much of Shitcoin #112 I just sold you, I can take my profits and put in some low orders and get my bag of Shitcoin #112 back again when they dump it.  Then I'll trade my reacquired bag of Shitcoin #112 for DEL...................................I think you know where I am going with this.

As hard as trust is to come by in this world, for this project to succeed the community needs to trust the development team here a bit and let certain things be unknowns.  What if it was revealed that the DEL devs held 25% of Shitcoin #112?  Well it would certainly hold the price of that coin down momentarily, but all you will have is traders jockeying to get really low buy orders in to scoop those coins back up crazy cheap for the inevitable dump by DEL devs.

Even worse would be if dump alt day and buy DEL day had some sort of pattern or happened on the same day of the week.  On dump day, all the traders are slipping in really low buy orders.  On buy DEL day, all of the a sudden all the low DEL sell orders are cancelled.  Then, all the traders are just selling you back the same coins every week!

I am sure many other situations can be imagined.  If the rate of trade between shitcoins/DEL is 100% predictable and calculable, if the DEL team is 100% open about what coins they are currently holding and in what quantity, and if the dumps/buy ups happen with any sort of regularity or predictability, you aren't helping to destroy shitcoins.  You are creating a wealth of information that any trader worth their salt will exploit to the fullest.

My opinion is some randomness and unpredictable needs to be introduced here.  The calculations included in the ANN on exchanging your alts for DEL, well maybe fine as a base, cannot be that predictable.  Perhaps some way to randomize the reward for exchanging your alts.  You might get 100% of the DEL you are owed based on those calculations, but that is just the average.  Based on some sort of random factor, you may only get 33% of that figure, or 75%, or 140%, or 300%.  Can't be sure.

And while I think the amount of DEL distributed through trading for unwanted alts should be revealed for all to see, I don't think anyone but the DEL devs should know what coins they are holding.

Dumps and buys entirely random.  Maybe 3-4 dumps one week, 0 the next, 2 the next.  Same patterns with the buys, random and unpredictable.
flankliu

Activity: 334

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:48:19 AM

where can i get the deletecoin,i have some ltc,who want to exchange it,thank you

Mikellev

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:49:10 AM

where can i get the deletecoin,i have some ltc,who want to exchange it,thank you

https://www.swisscex.com/market/DEL_BTC
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:50:38 PM

Big news coming. Finalizing the plan for the exchange and to start voting for coins to delete.
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:54:21 PM

Another thought I was having.  Obviously the details of how this whole system is gonna work are still up in the air a bit, but I would be careful about overly-automating the whole process of buying alts/dumping alts/buying DEL/deleting DEL.  This system needs to have some unpredictability and randomness to it or it will never work and will be abused by traders.

Here is what I mean.

Say I am some poor schmuck stuck with loads of Shitcoin #112.  Now, I do a bit of math based on the exchange rates for DEL you posted and all of a sudden I realize, hey, if I just swap my bag of Shitcoin #112 with the DEL devs, the DEL I get will trade for twice the BTC I would get if I just dumped Shitcoin #112 on the exchange!  Well, I might as well just dump this DEL, keep half the BTC, and since I know how much of Shitcoin #112 I just sold you, I can take my profits and put in some low orders and get my bag of Shitcoin #112 back again when they dump it.  Then I'll trade my reacquired bag of Shitcoin #112 for DEL...................................I think you know where I am going with this.

As hard as trust is to come by in this world, for this project to succeed the community needs to trust the development team here a bit and let certain things be unknowns.  What if it was revealed that the DEL devs held 25% of Shitcoin #112?  Well it would certainly hold the price of that coin down momentarily, but all you will have is traders jockeying to get really low buy orders in to scoop those coins back up crazy cheap for the inevitable dump by DEL devs.

Even worse would be if dump alt day and buy DEL day had some sort of pattern or happened on the same day of the week.  On dump day, all the traders are slipping in really low buy orders.  On buy DEL day, all of the a sudden all the low DEL sell orders are cancelled.  Then, all the traders are just selling you back the same coins every week!

I am sure many other situations can be imagined.  If the rate of trade between shitcoins/DEL is 100% predictable and calculable, if the DEL team is 100% open about what coins they are currently holding and in what quantity, and if the dumps/buy ups happen with any sort of regularity or predictability, you aren't helping to destroy shitcoins.  You are creating a wealth of information that any trader worth their salt will exploit to the fullest.

My opinion is some randomness and unpredictable needs to be introduced here.  The calculations included in the ANN on exchanging your alts for DEL, well maybe fine as a base, cannot be that predictable.  Perhaps some way to randomize the reward for exchanging your alts.  You might get 100% of the DEL you are owed based on those calculations, but that is just the average.  Based on some sort of random factor, you may only get 33% of that figure, or 75%, or 140%, or 300%.  Can't be sure.

And while I think the amount of DEL distributed through trading for unwanted alts should be revealed for all to see, I don't think anyone but the DEL devs should know what coins they are holding.

Dumps and buys entirely random.  Maybe 3-4 dumps one week, 0 the next, 2 the next.  Same patterns with the buys, random and unpredictable.

We thought about this also, it is not going to be an immediate thing which should combat people doing anything like this. We will build a quantity large enough to crash the alt an no one except my team and our partner exchange will know when, how much, and how frequent.
pujing13

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:48:20 AM

when will this coin be added into a Chinese exchange?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: