Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:13:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Be aware, so many scam coins are around  (Read 3622 times)
adterna

Activity: 1008
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 03:13:53 AM

Many ICOs are scamming the bad image of the cryptocurrency world, they are intentionally seeking profits by utilizing ICO, in various ways they make sure the crypto anthusiat to disburse their funds to buy their ICO products that actually do not exist, perhaps by giving information to colleagues colleagues in the forum or in other media to other anthusiast crypto so as not to get caught up in buying them, which is actually scammers.

────────  WORLD BEST MINER  ────────
CRYPTO MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
GENESIS MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 04:04:40 AM

Well from year 2018 the number of the scam coin are really increasing there are so many scam ICO's that are really affected of huge dip that we experience, and maybe some other ico or scammers having a great opportunity to scammed others, we really need to be more carefull this time scam coin are everywhere and we can maybe loss our asset if we are going to invest on scam coin
Insomnia family

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 04:16:24 AM

yes, we must always be careful before investing because we see that there are lots of ico that end up in fraud and I think investors also know this, on the other hand now many investors are reconsidering before investing in ico.

Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto & NFT in Multiple Chains
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬     ❶ ❷ ❸ s w a p     ▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
[   M V P   L I V E   ]   -   9 Blockchains Integrated Already
Jpt

Activity: 374
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 04:27:09 AM

Thanks for making people aware of scam projects that are plaguing the market so much that people are getting their interest off the market. No matter what strict rules are imposed, scammers find various ways to cheat investors and bounty hunters. They come up with various ways to make their plan of fleecing investors a success. But what we can do is just be vigilant and make such scammers exposed to the world through the power of media. We together can fight against such scammers.
Soberb

Activity: 276

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 05:02:31 AM

It is high time to end and discourage scammers as the market is being affected by such scammers. Each reports are being surfaced that scammers are cheating investors and bounty hunters. But what is interesting is that they are running their scams openly as if there are not any legal authorities to stop and book them. What the authorities are doing instead of sending them behind the bars? Strict regulations are in urgent need to check such scam business so as to make the market trusted.

BITWINGS - Guaranteed worth $0.20
Minephone - First smartphone that produces up to 2 ETH/month (http://minephone.bitwings.org)
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 05:12:52 AM

Now that most of the people are well aware of scam ICOs, scammer has found another way to scam people. I have observed 3 projects till now which I will list here and give you a highlights how they scam people, specially the newbie.

1. Privcy
Privacy was a free airdropped coin which was distributed freely over the community for helping promoting the project. Later, they decide to reward more to the holder of the coin in airdrops. The more coin you hold, the more airdrop coin you get. Newbies started to buy coins for getting more airdrop coin and DEV were selling their coin. I am sure they had a lot of fake accounts participating in the Airdrop. Can you believe they scammed people in such a way? Now, the project is died, 24 hour volume is- $620 which was less than $100 couple of weeks ago.

2. Profish
Profish was an ICO which came into the exchange before the bounty end. They were listed in mercatox and used to have some fake volumes. I don't know what happened to their ICO but they sold a lot of coins through mercatox and later, the price is now 1 or 2 satoshi from 650 satoshi. This is also a dead project. They scammed people.

3. Helios Protocol- Be aware
Helios Protocol is now airdropping coin to their community. This attract my eyes when I see user vectisitch was vouching the project. He was a moderator in privcy, so, there's no doubt that both of the project are from same person and this helios shit is also going to scam money. I want to alert you guys not to invest in this scam project.
Here is the vouching comment- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5118682.msg50087444#msg50087444

2018 was indeed a shitty year. The market conditions made it possible that only scam coins thrived. Once the fraudulent developers mentions mercatox, etheflyer or Latoken listing, he will subconsciously buy the minds of investors and dupe them
Aponkye1

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 03:49:51 PM

That's very true, there are a whole lot of cryptocurrencies that are being marketed with the intention of scamming investors their hard earned money. It's better to stay away from such cryptocurrencies and the only way to do this is to make sure you do a whole lot of background research before investing into any cryptocurrencies.

jigawagawa

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 03:50:48 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2019, 07:56:34 PM by jigawagawa

This is fact, I have fallen for many of them in time past, the always use bounty hunters as a bait, and previously when I was still new to the space I just go about investing in projects shilled by these hunters, but that doesn't happen anymore, I always try to do my own research before investing
Kafanchanchan

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 03:51:37 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2019, 08:48:36 PM by Kafanchanchan

There are just too many of them, most of the recent crypto projects popping here and there are out with the sole intention of enriching themselves, once has to look carefully before indulging else you might lose your hard earned runs forever
Odetolala

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 03:52:23 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2019, 10:40:01 PM by Odetolala

From 2017 till date they never stopped coming, the highest number of these scam coins was recorded in 2018 I think, these days Devs don't think about project development anymore they are basically just out to rip people off their hard earned minutes and elope. It's saddening
cryptorima

Activity: 278

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 03:56:49 PM

Thank you so much mate for bring here this helpful information. I agree with you that there have lot of scam and fake projects. Especially  icos, there have so many fake ico and we need to be careful about them. Before make any investment we need to check the project very closely.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 04:10:52 PM

yes, we must always be careful before investing because we see that there are lots of ico that end up in fraud and I think investors also know this, on the other hand now many investors are reconsidering before investing in ico.
This is always happening many scam coins around so we should be very choosy on investing into a project. Do not invest on what we cannot afford to lose, face the risks in crypto that we might lose and earn. But ofcourse study the project first before investing like in Ico.
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 04:52:11 PM

It is imperative that the Bitcointalk community is wary of these projects. Thanks for the heads up. I think I'm aware of profish. I avoided the bounty campaign some months ago when I saw the price on mercatox. The team behind it is also not responsive

xclusiveguy

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:48:16 PM

Thanks for the information,   there has been lots of scam ico going on ever since,  the latest one is chain just look for a name of the coin you wanna bring and add chain to the name,  then bring up some shady partnership,  I just hope regulations might help in curtailing all this
dipeco
Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 04:15:18 PM

There are still too much fraud projects on the market and I wonder why people are still investing in them? Is it too difficult to make a research before putting your hard earned money into each project? It would save you so much money.
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:22:28 PM

That is some example of ICO scams. They are so many of it right now circulating the internet. Be aware and be knowledgeable about what kind of token you are buying or promoting. Some of them are just copying other cryptocurrencies so you should do a background check about the project.
jackflag

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

Glad to see you

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:25:08 PM

There are still too much fraud projects on the market and I wonder why people are still investing in them? Is it too difficult to make a research before putting your hard earned money into each project? It would save you so much money.
People are very lazy creatures.  Therefore, it is too lazy to check every project.  And to invest their money just think, and suddenly you get lucky.
Serve20

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 06:41:29 PM

This is not a new thing again but this kind of warning will continue to be relevant because this scammers are coming with new tactics everyday that is strange to many and even many newbies are coming into the industry everyday and they might fall victim of old scammy strategies if warning like this is not being hammered everyday.

BLOCKMASON LINK
Create Web APIs From Any Smart Contract
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 01:59:46 PM

Scammer now are everywhere in the cryptocurrency if the project or person have a lot of funds that is their target so please be aware to every person or to the coin or the project that you invested we need to be vigilan for this now to secure our money that no one can scam us.
odranoel

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 02:35:15 PM

Yes i was also observed that after market is in a bullrun situation 2017 to early 2018, many bounty did not pay well and others are not paid as well. Much better for us now to be aware and watchful because scammers are everywhere and do their best effort they can to find a victim.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: