Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:02:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about IEO (Initial Exchange Offering)  (Read 3993 times)
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 04:01:38 PM

ICO and IEO are almost the same. I think IEO is more interesting for developers, project owner and investors. However, it is important not to write off ICO.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 04:38:12 PM

I think this is a new hope, investors will be more confident because the IEO is held by large exchanges. and new projects that use the IEO will definitely be more in demand. I think the IEO is the next generation of ICO.
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 07:12:47 PM

IEO is a very new idea in the blockchain, so "Surviving" word doesn't suit with it! And the ICO market is facing a lack of investors because of the many scams ICO and of course for the long run bear market. So, If the crypto market turns in a good high again, ICO market will boost for sure and it will survive for the long run, And IEO's popularity will be increasing continuously! This is what I think about IEO and ICO at this moment!

Bloodseekers

Activity: 769
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 07:22:18 PM

About Initial Exchange offering, Yes this is the right place to collect funds, Yes of course will give mutual benefits between binance and the project,  but must pay binance first and i think not all project can do that. Many project out there start from begining dont have  funds to pay third party. ICO still be the solution for that, and also many success project from ICO
Emmy92

Activity: 837
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 08:10:59 PM

With recent happenings about IEO it looks like a more better way, as there is little or no room for scam. This is because, I believe the exchange which will host such will make appropriate research to ensure investors are secured. So with time IEO might be the next way.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 08:14:37 PM

Good way for investors, bad news for bounty hunters. Marketing will be done by exchanges, plus investors will not be afraid of KYC abuse because KYC is managed by an exchange and not by some untrusted ICO...  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 08:30:32 PM

With everyone almost fed up of icos I think ieo can also make an impact
And provide valueable projects worth investing

But will people also end up been fed up of ieos too ?
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 08:40:41 PM

With recent happenings in crypto currency regarding token sale,
i think icos are beginning to find their feet because binance conducting the crowdfunding event for BitTorrent and Fetch.AI has raised the hyped again.

And now, Bittrex has also announced a crowdfunding event too, an IEO, 

so can you give your opinion on whether IEO or ICO will survive on the long run

In my opinion, IEO is fast and that's the only reason I like about it most.
Normally when an ICO ends it takes and/or may take an uncertain amount of time to get listed in an exchange.
That's the thing I hate most about an ICO - believe me or not I have some tokens which have not been listed in an exchange after over 10 months.

Though there are also some more good reasons for an IEO, which I still need to figure out.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 09:08:30 PM

Good way for investors, bad news for bounty hunters. Marketing will be done by exchanges, plus investors will not be afraid of KYC abuse because KYC is managed by an exchange and not by some untrusted ICO...  Smiley
Recently, bounties are not profitable for hunters anyway.
IEO is becoming the new trend. Now we see Bittrex joining in this trend. But such a profitability will not continue until the end.
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 09:58:19 PM

ICO It seems that it is not too attractive to investors at this time because many frauds ICO and IEO is the answer, this is a good transition even though it might have an impact on the bounty hunter. Investors will certainly prefer the IEO because on the other hand their funds are guaranteed (At least). The exchange is also not carelessly provide the fundraising Platform to the project right? This concerns their reputation. So IEO will become newest Hype  until there are other new solutions that are better.
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 11:20:52 PM

i think icos are beginning to find their feet because binance conducting the crowdfunding event for BitTorrent and Fetch.AI has raised the hyped again.

Basically, IEO is an ico which already verified by exchange site and that exchange site wanna create a cooperation with that ico. this just like a symbiosis mutualism. You must understand the definition from both of these things.

Thanks for the simple clarity, does that mean that both the exchange and the project conducting the ico have a mutual benefit?

if so, how does bittrex get a benefit? please do explain
I think it's simple. To ICO took place on the exchange you need to pay a certain amount of money or give a percentage of the collected funds.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 11:24:27 PM

Basically, IEO is an ico which already verified by exchange site and that exchange site wanna create a cooperation with that ico. this just like a symbiosis mutualism. You must understand the definition from both of these things.

Thanks for the simple clarity, does that mean that both the exchange and the project conducting the ico have a mutual benefit?

if so, how does bittrex get a benefit? please do explain
I think it's simple. To ICO took place on the exchange you need to pay a certain amount of money or give a percentage of the collected funds.

It's all money in play here. But I suppose the exchange is also doing their job of at least checking if the project is genuine or not. Because if later on, they will find out that the only motive of this IEO project is to scam people, then that's a bad reputation also from the exchange's side. So I think there is less probability that a project holding their ICO under a known exchange will end up crap.
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 11:51:45 PM

I just found out about the IEO just now, it looks like this will be something more interesting than ico, but I don't understand whether it's similar to STO which is safer than ICO?
Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 11:58:03 PM

I don't like IEO because it's centralized ICO. The exchange is in charge of token distribution and that's why it's not decentralized how ICO should be. The exchanges will profit a lot from IEO and they shill it all the time. Person who will made biggest profit is exchange.

And IEO has no advantages against scams and scammers.

Smiley Smiley
XbladedThanos

Activity: 347

Fun of WINBIX sales system winbix.io

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 11:59:28 PM

It will give more security if the exchange is well known you will have rest of mind that your money is actually handled well

WINBIX ♝ SALES SYSTEM Selling at the demand price at any time | Pre-DAICO ➧ April 24, 2019 — June 22, 2019 https://winbix.io
Catmurs

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 12:00:09 AM

Bittrex of course strongly screwed up with companies that have provided in ieo , I think leader is of course binance, I so same participated in btt and well on this earned I think the next ieo will bring good money

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
JeBro

Activity: 714
Merit: 10

Living is easy with eyes closed ...

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 01:35:33 AM

Undoubtedly, the overall improvement of the cryptocurrency market creates new opportunities for the success of ICO and IEO. I know several ICO projects which tokens have not decreased tenfold after listing on crypto exchanges. For example, the Serve project, which released the same name tokens no more than a month ago. During this time, the price of SERVE tokens has dropped to just $ 0.80 from $ 1 and tends to increase.

hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 12:27:10 PM

This is a more modern ICO interpretation, which is better suited to the wishes of investors. If IEO is held on one of the leading stock exchanges, which values ​​its reputation very much, then this project will be very carefully checked to prevent fraudsters or simply projects that are not interesting for investors and not damage the reputation of this exchange. Today, this way of attracting money is very popular, which means it is demanded by the market, but it is too much dependent on the reputation of the exchange and I am not sure that it will be right for the project to fully rely on it.
evanescence

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 12:32:49 PM

IEOs have been great so far, I'm also happy that Bittrex finally decided to do some background checks on people using their name to sell their ICO off - better late than never.

AngelJoshua

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 12:41:49 PM

On my opinion as of now it's hard to take a risk on those ICO or IEO because most of them now are really turning into scammed after a months or weeks after their offers. But if those big projects now will going to offer it I guess it will going to have less risk.

At your service
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: