Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:40:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins: to Mine or to Buy? That is the Question  (Read 4423 times)
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:54:36 PM

PREVIOUSLY....

Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.
So what is your experience?
Cons and pros of both methods to make money in cryptoworld?

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

If you are in the crypto mining space fro 2014, you should be a multi millionare by now. Mining ETH from the beginning yelded incredible results. Therefore it i hard to believe you.

The question is a business orientated. Make assumptions, get the the expenses and just calculate which of the options makes more sense ang go with that.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uralcryptocoin (OP)

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 03:30:25 PM

If you are in the crypto mining space fro 2014, you should be a multi millionare by now. Mining ETH from the beginning yelded incredible results. Therefore it i hard to believe you.

The question is a business orientated. Make assumptions, get the the expenses and just calculate which of the options makes more sense ang go with that.

Do you always make right trading decisions?  Cheesy Really?

In Autumn 2014 Nobody didn't suppose that Ethereum will reach 1k USD. I had read about ETH and didn't invest during the ICO (It was one of the first ICO ever). But at that time the situation didn't look so good.
And my first mining experience was with BTC ASICs like S1 and S3. I even bought liquid cooled C1 but it's also was not right decision.
Enough times I lost crypto when exchanges scammed. Do you remember Cryptsy?

Although now I'm in enough good profit. Of course not millions and even hundred thousands but cryptocurrencies give me good income and now I would like to make smarter decisions in future. So because of I began this analysys. It helps me systematize my knowlidge/experience

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 05:07:37 PM

PREVIOUSLY....

Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

AND NOW

Weekly reports and OP update soon...

Mining is now an industry. You can't just mine with a pair of your spare GPU let alone your i3 processor (Excluding the useless coins, of course).
So, it would be better just to buy and trade. Even for new coins, it could be beneficial if you strike a deal with the miner before the coins get listed in an exchange.
uralcryptocoin (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 05:35:15 PM

Mining is now an industry. You can't just mine with a pair of your spare GPU let alone your i3 processor (Excluding the useless coins, of course).
So, it would be better just to buy and trade. Even for new coins, it could be beneficial if you strike a deal with the miner before the coins get listed in an exchange.

You right that time of mining with single GPU\CPU  is over. But mining with GPU farms or several ASICs is accessable for practically everybody. If you can solve noise and heat issues of mining machine you do not need to be a corporation you can be involved in mining

A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 07:07:33 PM

You right that time of mining with single GPU\CPU  is over. But mining with GPU farms or several ASICs is accessable for practically everybody. If you can solve noise and heat issues of mining machine you do not need to be a corporation you can be involved in mining
It is much easier to start buying coins than to buy, install and start mining coins, as it is much easier and more profitable to buy coins for me

uralcryptocoin (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 06:47:55 PM

Week #3 Report (16 JUN - 22 JUN)

###
MINING
##########
BUYING
###
##########

###
USD
##########
BTC
###
##########

Because of current explosive growth of Bitcoin we see so much reducing of BTC equivalent especially in mining category

Googlee
Copper Member

Activity: 237
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 09:53:08 PM

I think it's good decision to buy. Mining is very costly and risky.So my suggestion is buy different kind of potential altcoins it is the wise decision.
uralcryptocoin (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 12:02:35 PM

I think it's good decision to buy. Mining is very costly and risky.So my suggestion is buy different kind of potential altcoins it is the wise decision.

I can agree that initial costs to begin mining is higher than to begin trading because of you need to purchase, install and setup mining hardware. But what risks of mining are you talking about?

rich93

Activity: 595
Merit: 101

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 03:37:10 PM

I start learning the crypto minging, and what I learned in these days that's not enough but I can say buying coins or trading coins are profitable than mining! Mining cryptocurrency is not everyone's job, but trade can be!
I support you, buying coins is much more profitable than getting them, because I think that in order to buy coins you need much less knowledge

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
uralcryptocoin (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:24:40 PM

I start learning the crypto minging, and what I learned in these days that's not enough but I can say buying coins or trading coins are profitable than mining! Mining cryptocurrency is not everyone's job, but trade can be!
I support you, buying coins is much more profitable than getting them, because I think that in order to buy coins you need much less knowledge

It's true if you buy and hold coins (like in my experiment)
But if you daily trader or trade in midterm timeframes you also need special knowlidge and skills. Trading is hard work

prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 07:03:10 PM

It's true if you buy and hold coins (like in my experiment)
But if you daily trader or trade in midterm timeframes you also need special knowlidge and skills. Trading is hard work
I think that only when trading with Altcoins can you keep the level of a small income. I did not trade and my coins fell in price against Bitcoin 4-5 times.

uralcryptocoin (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 07:44:43 PM

I think that only when trading with Altcoins can you keep the level of a small income. I did not trade and my coins fell in price against Bitcoin 4-5 times.

Do you sold your altcoins? Or you hold them for a better time?
I have several coins (not presented in current test portfolio) that lost more than 90% of their costs I bought them. In that terms I lost enough money. But untill I sell these alts I don't fix the losses.

SarangWallet

Activity: 411
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 09:41:03 PM

PREVIOUSLY....

AND NOW

I have tried the mining method. The yield calculation in one year does not provide a good advantage for us. We must calculate in detail the expenditure, so that we can calculate the annual income. I think it's better to go back to trading, or hold coins.
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 09:56:36 PM

Another good option is to try POS coins. You can just keep your wallet online, start the masternode or to start validate network of a particular blockchain.

uralcryptocoin (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 04:47:54 PM

I have tried the mining method. The yield calculation in one year does not provide a good advantage for us. We must calculate in detail the expenditure, so that we can calculate the annual income. I think it's better to go back to trading, or hold coins.

It's fact that the estimation of mining income is difficult task but it is also difficult to estimate trading and holding income too

Another good option is to try POS coins. You can just keep your wallet online, start the masternode or to start validate network of a particular blockchain.

Could you examplify several project that can give good income now?
What POS (not masternode) coins are profitable? And how it in general differ from simple holding?

TheGreatPython

Activity: 2506
Merit: 329

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 11:47:50 AM

PREVIOUSLY....

AND NOW

That depends on what you want, but mostly altcoins mining are not like Bitcoin mining, so you don't really have to mention the hot hardware lol. But from my previous research, mining a new coin is better than rushing in and buying it and speculating that the price will go up. Most people that have tried it really got some good positive results from mining altcoins than buying. Unless you're talking about Bitcoin, then I would say that it is better to buy it, cause the price can move up a big way at anytime and you will make profit (there's still the risk of losing though.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
Duelbits
███████████████████████████████████████████████    ████    ████    ████
████    ████    ████

THE MOST REWARDING CASINO
████    ████
███████████████    ████    ████
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
     +4,000     
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
  $500,000 
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
    $10,000   
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
uralcryptocoin (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 05:01:06 PM

That depends on what you want, but mostly altcoins mining are not like Bitcoin mining, so you don't really have to mention the hot hardware lol. But from my previous research, mining a new coin is better than rushing in and buying it and speculating that the price will go up. Most people that have tried it really got some good positive results from mining altcoins than buying. Unless you're talking about Bitcoin, then I would say that it is better to buy it, cause the price can move up a big way at anytime and you will make profit (there's still the risk of losing though.

Yeap I forgrot to mention that I talk about GPU-mining. It's more flexible than Bitcoin mining because of more oportunities to choose a coin. But to find new coin in "stealth" mode is also very hard task. I try to check message boards about new coins but currently I use nicehash for my GPU rig (I don't use algo switch soft I configure my rig to nicehash stratum). Maybe at the end of this week I will convert my "test mined" BTC to altcoins. Also my "Buying" portfolio probably will be changed too

uralcryptocoin (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 08:33:05 PM

Week #4 Report (23 JUN - 29 JUN)

###
MINING
##########
BUYING
###
##########

###
USD
##########
BTC
###
##########

sniveling

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 06:45:33 PM

Any means good. You can both buy and mine coins. Often those coins that we buy are more profitable then. Mined coins are often just garbage.
I think that now is the best time to buy Altcoins. Many coins fell in 4-5 months at 70% relative to Bitcoin.
xephireusMMX

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 07:02:08 PM

As for me, in order to mining coins, you need much more money and knowledge, it is easier to buy them and choose between ownership and trade.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: