Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:25:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins: to Mine or to Buy? That is the Question  (Read 4423 times)
Icologies

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 12:56:27 PM

mining or buying is the same, what distinguishes only when mining we get an altcoin in a free manner without having to buy it but it can't match what we want. if you buy you can determine which altcoin you will invest

aimata27

Activity: 531
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 02:35:12 PM

PREVIOUSLY....

Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.
So what is your experience?
Cons and pros of both methods to make money in cryptoworld?

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

AND NOW

Weekly reports and OP update soon...

Well, I prefer holding because it is easy to directly buy altcoins than to build a rig just for mining. You will also have a problem gathering or collecting the right hardware parts for it and also I think that mining on this bearish market will not be very profitable.
bonyaserg

Activity: 1876
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 03:20:47 PM

I believe that all methods are very good. This is how it will get better. Personally, I prefer to work on the stock exchange and follow the course of cryptocurrency. This is a pretty quick way to get cryptocurrency on your wallet. And in order to minimize you need to invest a huge amount of funds in the equipment and it is not yet known how to happen. So I wish you all good luck.
arnoldrimmer

Activity: 358

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 05:29:33 PM

PREVIOUSLY....

Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.
So what is your experience?
Cons and pros of both methods to make money in cryptoworld?

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

AND NOW

Weekly reports and OP update soon...

To me buying a coin is more profitable especially when you buy from weak hands that are dumping, you stand a chance to make massive income but heee why not combine both as the main reason is for profit making making and with both it's a double

► HackenAI ◄  ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦  ► HackenAI ◄
───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───
Facebook◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
funcryptoco

Activity: 107
Merit: 26

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 06:03:42 PM

I tired to mine altcoin, i found mining become difficult this days may for very new altcoin it will be profitable, but i suggest buy altcoin instead of mining.

Ser87665

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 10:00:04 PM

of course to buy. minin needs huge investments and time. netter to buy some coins that mine it
Koobtcgal

Activity: 714

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 11:27:16 PM

I am not a miner but from what I have read around, I will stick to my usual buying of coins than attempting to enter into mining for the reason that mining costs a lot and it isn't easy to even mine a single block. And even if you are going to be mining a block per day, when you consider the amount of money you will spend to mine it, it is better to use that money to buy and hold than to mine with it. As I said, I am not a mining expert but I do not want to venture with this area.

Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 11:43:13 PM

I tired to mine altcoin, i found mining become difficult this days may for very new altcoin it will be profitable, but i suggest buy altcoin instead of mining.

If you have got all the mining equipments then it is good to mine, else as suggested buying is the right choice.

When the price of bitcoin was around $3200 the amount spend upon mining the same was close to the same value which leaves miners without profit where there is high electricity consumption charges.

Now as the price of bitcoin has grown high the mining cost has decreased and the profitability has increased. The scenario hasn't chnaged with altcoins as there is no big growth relative to bitcoin.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
bitladen

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 09:53:36 AM

If you extract cryptocurrency, you can make a profit almost immediately. When you buy a cryptocurrency, you can make a profit after a while

ZDPGI

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 12:37:06 PM

Probably be buying is the obvious answer. There is not much rewards these days for mining I think. After all the market is pretty low on alts, I'll take this advantage every time.
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 03:35:44 AM

yeah mining equipement was so expensive now
so, in my opinion its better to use our capital for trading my friend
ecause if we can trade with the right rules, can make our portofolio growing  Wink
if i have to choose, indeed i prefer to buy coins.
mining is very difficult and as you say mining equipment is too expensive and the results are also not necessarily profitable because the altcoin price is still not so good.

Kimonoe

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 03:57:27 AM

I am more for the purchase of altcoins. Now the market as a whole has significant potential for growth - with a high degree of probability we will see new historical highs of its capitalization this year. Better now buy then sell more expensive.
Compared to yesterday price, altcoins have risen, not much but they have actually risen. I think they just started their journeys, to the places they are belong to. Altcoins won't stay too much long in their current ranges of price, IMO, because they have stood there for too long already and their current prices are too low to imagine that they might fall deeper. I don't think they will fall deeper, from now.
but to buy altcoins at the moment we have to be careful, just as ethereum is back down today, it could be broken support and continue its decline. therefore make a number of scenarios to anticipate a number of possibilities, so that we are better prepared to face them

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 06:33:54 PM

I am not a miner but from what I have read around, I will stick to my usual buying of coins than attempting to enter into mining for the reason that mining costs a lot and it isn't easy to even mine a single block. And even if you are going to be mining a block per day, when you consider the amount of money you will spend to mine it, it is better to use that money to buy and hold than to mine with it. As I said, I am not a mining expert but I do not want to venture with this area.
Mining requires more resources from you, from hardware stuffs for your rigs, space for your rigs, electricity costs, heat losses from mining need good ventilation, and your time to config, fix and do maintenance for your rigs. It's sure buying coins is better if you don't have spare resources to play with mining things.

In some cases, mining can be better than investments in the cryptos. It depends on the choice of the cryptocurrency you are going to mine.

Crypto experts say that it is much more beneficial to mine Litecoin, Bitcoin, and Ethereum as they are not as volatile as the other cryptos. Thus, you can combine all methods of making money on crypto, including mining and investing/trading.
Bitcoin Miners

Activity: 440

Roobet

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 10:36:04 PM

It is not right because not only Ethereum, but most of altcoins have increased these days and they will keep rising. They will, believe me. Bitcoin has been stable around $10000, that gives altcoins great period to recover.  Buying altcoins on exchanges are much easier than mining them, but there is no guarantee that you can get good profits if you trade them, even if you choose to buy and trade good coins. Choosing good coins, buying them, and holding them for a few months, I suggest you to do this.

uralcryptocoin (OP)

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 08:38:10 AM

Week #8 Report (21 JUL - 27 JUL)

###
MINING
##########
BUYING
###
##########

###
USD
##########
BTC
###
##########

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
mattadc

Activity: 426

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 05:25:42 PM

As for me, mining is less profitable than buying alts, everyone decides for themselves, but personally I chose to buy and trade alts

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
junkerr

Activity: 1022

Meta4uStake.io

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:45:44 PM

As for me, mining is less profitable than buying alts, everyone decides for themselves, but personally I chose to buy and trade alts
it depends on the assets mined. sometimes there are people who like to mine rather than trade and investment. because it is actually the same if mining and long-term investment. we will get a calculation of purchase capital and mining capital. we can calculate which is more profitable.

martychubbs

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 07:38:44 PM

Well, I had tried mining a few times before and ended up mining some good coins that were new but mostly just ended up with shitcoins with no value. It was profitable to a limit; there was decent enough. That was a long time ago, but it was pretty decent. I recommend that if you plan to mine then try the new coins, those with some background behind them, those coins are pretty decent. Sometime you may end up with some shitcoins, but you will gain profit eventually. Hope for the best.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 05:46:02 AM

PoS is really a very comprehensive new solution and I love this. And we should not compare whether buying and holding or exploiting PoS will bring higher profits. Think about which field you are better at.
If you buy and hold without knowledge, I'm sure 90% that you will lose money a lot. If you have the knowledge and the ability to judge the market, you can do both business. Wink

old fart

Activity: 308

Bitcoin is the future

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 08:16:52 AM

I think mining isn't that profitable going with the fact that it consumes electricity and data especially here in Africa where steady electricity supply is only a dream. One can just resort to buying low and selling high. Or rather hodling good coins.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: