Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:13:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Am done with KYC  (Read 22078 times)
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 05:42:50 PM

but not all bounties that require participants to do KYC have a cheap price, there are number of KYC bounties that have quite expensive prices, they are not from KYC or not but it all depends on the team in developing, but be careful if you want to do it
I believe that the implementation of kyc should depend on the value of the project that it carries. if this is some kind of project with a utility token, then I don’t understand why we need kyc in this case

I don't understand if it is a project with a utility token, no need to kyc. For bounties, depending on the conditions from the project team they want or do not require KYC. We have the right to accept or disavow them
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 06:58:28 PM

I thought I was the only one who has noticed this, almost all the projects I have done KYC for has turned out to be almost useless but those bounties that do not stress hunters at all turns out to be the ones that pays the best.

forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1176
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2019, 07:27:08 PM

I have also experienced the same. The projects which did not demand kyc are really doing good. Also I have observed that the personal information is getting distributed to other parties, without my knowledge.
I am deciding now to exclude projects which requires kyc.

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 09:28:25 AM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

If you cannot afford your identity to be exposed, then i suggest you to not joining any campaign that requiring KYC to receive the reward.
It can be dangerous if you are an important person and the project that received your KYC document turned to be a scam project.
Better to participate in other bounty campaigns that no requiring KYC procedure.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 09:56:57 AM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

Personally I don't like anything  KYC so I try much as possible to stay very far away from projects that requires it and even projects that tends to require KYC pays little or nothing

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Daha19

Activity: 725
Merit: 250

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 10:15:42 AM

Yes, I think this is a rather strange requirement. Maybe this is needed by some private investors, but not by people who do the work and immediately sell tokens.

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER    
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
indriasyifa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 10:31:56 AM

I see a lot of projects paying in their dashboard, and asking to verify our data on average fail, even if it doesn't fail they don't make a payment, even many projects eventually close the dashboard after we send the data.

BITWINGS - Guaranteed worth $0.20
Minephone - First smartphone that produces up to 2 ETH/month (http://minephone.bitwings.org)
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2019, 10:34:08 AM

you have said it all as many project are just in for joke and not serious in really develop the project for human use and also just for fund raising and converting to btc or eth for their own use, but we have iisue with the kyc stuff now as many dont say anything like kyc at start but will at the end of bounty which must have consumed hunters time and you cant just let go of your hard work so you have to submit but you can also ingnore and if many end up doing that which mean you will be lossing alot of time and energy on bounty without reward.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 03:22:24 PM

in my opinion doing KYC for bounty is indeed an obligation and must be done, even though the bounty campaign that was carried out eventually ended in failure, it does not mean that it was all wrong with KYC, indeed the crypto market factor is lacking the attractiveness of investors

Fireag

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 04:06:42 PM

You just need to study projects in more detail. But in general, I am against the verification procedure, since there are too many multi-accounts and bots.
103deltafox

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 04:17:44 PM

I really don't know why hunters keep giving out their details, there are identity theft who might be trying to gather information, we should be mindful on how we share our personal information moreover hunters are not Customers.

Bravext
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 04:26:17 PM

Hey!! I thought I was the only person thinking along those lines, there is no project that I have wasted my time and devulged my private details to that has turned out to do well, it's those ones that do not bother you with KYC that turns out to pay well in the long run.
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 04:32:05 PM

Then say goodbye to KYC.
Regulations are coming, FATF are recommending new rules for cryptocurrency business like exchanges and custody services. For every transaction on these platforms you would need to pass the KYC process.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
bangdol

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 04:34:37 PM

I really don't know why hunters keep giving out their details, there are identity theft who might be trying to gather information, we should be mindful on how we share our personal information moreover hunters are not Customers.
on a real project and actually paying I don't think it's a problem. but there is a bounty that does ask for KYC at the beginning, and that makes a doubt because there is a possibility that the project is not successful and for what KYC is done.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 04:47:02 PM

in my opinion doing KYC for bounty is indeed an obligation and must be done, even though the bounty campaign that was carried out eventually ended in failure, it does not mean that it was all wrong with KYC, indeed the crypto market factor is lacking the attractiveness of investors

A huge number of projects requiring an identification procedure are a scam. It is not always possible to identify such projects immediately. Thus, having hurried to undergo the KYC procedure, your documents fall into fraudsters,  then they can sell your personal data to the black market, where your documents fall into the hands of other fraudsters. Not too bright prospects.

sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 04:58:13 PM

on a real project and actually paying I don't think it's a problem. but there is a bounty that does ask for KYC at the beginning, and that makes a doubt because there is a possibility that the project is not successful and for what KYC is done.
that was the true problem at all, I'm fine with the real project that require KYC for bounty and just provide it after bounty and project gain successful funding, but it looks bad when project require bounty hunter doing KYC at the beginning.

Tsubachuchu

Activity: 316
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 05:05:32 PM

As we can all see whether the platform that asks for KYC can be trusted or not. if in doubt do not ever, especially for the airdrop that has no clear results, it can be very detrimental to us. You have to do KYC that is truly convincing like you choose a platform, bounty, or investments.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 05:18:21 PM

but not all bounties that require participants to do KYC have a cheap price, there are number of KYC bounties that have quite expensive prices, they are not from KYC or not but it all depends on the team in developing, but be careful if you want to do it
I believe that the implementation of kyc should depend on the value of the project that it carries. if this is some kind of project with a utility token, then I don’t understand why we need kyc in this case
The FATF task force, whose recommendations are actually mandatory for more than two hundred states under the threat of using large penalties, determined that the KYC check should only take place if the amount of the transaction sent or received exceeds one thousand dollars. This decision should have come into force and applied by the ICO teams.

Jaggi90
Copper Member

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 06:06:49 PM

I also feel the same sometimes but the thing is we have to cooperate with the bounty managers to avoid scammers are hackers. Even i not sure that coins will be listed are not but i totally support our bounty managers for the growth and development of their projects.
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 06:51:58 PM

I also do not like this whole idea of ​​identification.  Even worse, when the project introduces KYC later, at the end of the bounty.  This is certainly wrong, but after introducing KYC, I saw in the bounty table that half of the hunters were removed.  Multiaccounts could not pass.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: