Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:49:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mods now deleting posts regarding them supporting scammers? how far can it go?  (Read 627 times)
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 01:19:23 AM
Merited by Abiky (5), Foxpup (4), Quickseller (2)

61 reports is quite a number. It seems like the concept of off topic isn't clicking, or you disagree with the concept. If the Original Post of the topic is not what you are discussing, it isn't allowed. Moderators will give reasonable consideration to posts on very strongly related topics, but regardless of how important or true a post you make is, if it isn't on topic, its getting deleted.

A common example often seen is someone who has been scammed. They will follow the scammer around, posting that they are a scammer after every post the scammer makes. While it might be true, if your post is, "Jerknum1 scammed me for 0.1 BTC!" in a thread about mining hardware, your post is still going to be deleted. I suppose I can give an example of moderator consideration with this scenario if I say that a moderator may not delete that, "Jerknum1 scammed me for 0.1 BTC!" if they are posting in a marketplace thread, and its a warning a potential trader of the open scam accusation.

Main point to take away is that regardless of how true, important, or correct, you are. The post will still be deleted if that is not what the topic is about. Posting about scammers in a thread about lemons will be deleted. Posting about citrus/lemonade in a thread about lemons might be deleted.

Side note, people aren't avoiding having a debate with you because they are afraid you'll epicly prove them wrong. They just don't want to waste their time when a simple, oh hey this is the problem, will do. If you don't agree with anything in my post, I honestly don't care, I'm just letting you know in case you actually had some misunderstanding of why your posts were being deleted.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 01:37:49 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2019, 07:03:08 PM by cryptohunter

61 reports is quite a number. It seems like the concept of off topic isn't clicking, or you disagree with the concept. If the Original Post of the topic is not what you are discussing, it isn't allowed. Moderators will give reasonable consideration to posts on very strongly related topics, but regardless of how important or true a post you make is, if it isn't on topic, its getting deleted.

A common example often seen is someone who has been scammed. They will follow the scammer around, posting that they are a scammer after every post the scammer makes. While it might be true, if your post is, "Jerknum1 scammed me for 0.1 BTC!" in a thread about mining hardware, your post is still going to be deleted. I suppose I can give an example of moderator consideration with this scenario if I say that a moderator may not delete that, "Jerknum1 scammed me for 0.1 BTC!" if they are posting in a marketplace thread, and its a warning a potential trader of the open scam accusation.

Main point to take away is that regardless of how true, important, or correct, you are. The post will still be deleted if that is not what the topic is about. Posting about scammers in a thread about lemons will be deleted. Posting about citrus/lemonade in a thread about lemons might be deleted.

Side note, people aren't avoiding having a debate with you because they are afraid you'll epicly prove them wrong. They just don't want to waste their time when a simple, oh hey this is the problem, will do. If you don't agree with anything in my post, I honestly don't care, I'm just letting you know in case you actually had some misunderstanding of why your posts were being deleted.

Please don't create straw men.

Tackle this exact example and take it step by step as i have detailed it. Then make your case on this example.

My post voices an opinion as others did on that post but they have not substantiated their opinion with a comparison, or any other precedents.

That is the only difference. Saying you can not mention any other characters outside of those mentioned in the op when discussing actions to be taken against one of those characters is the same a a judge saying we can not use precedents to discuss fair and consistant actions to be taken. It is ludicrous and would rule out any meaningful discussion except groundless speculations and groundless opinions. Well we could all just give opinions on what we all think should happen to host fat in isolation to others but that seems grossly unfair and foolish.

BTW did you notice I answered your other points in the trolling thread, because I feel I have made a very compelling rebuttal of most of your points. You are free to engage again if you choose.

Not caring if someone agrees is kind of foolish unless you are closed minded and wish not to learn via sensible debate to take on other peoples view points that demonstrate your original views were sub optimal.

why mention the report number? it is pointless and obviously tainted when we know full well that most of meta board is looking to shut me up. Also I am calling into question the mods impartiality due to them supporting these persons with observable dirty pasts being on DT, meriting their attacks on myself and calling my posts stupid and refusing to bring any examples and all spamming the same sigs. I feel there is collusion. So quoting 60 reported 60 good means zero until we have a transparent examination of these posts in their FULL CONTEXT.  You will likely find those reporting are those that want the information contained within the posts hidden from view and deleted.

Ha i mean i see where this is going we just take the number of reports BY UNTRUSTWORTHY scum and their pals TO those that support UNTRUSTWORTHY scum and just use that metric as a reliable and meaningful number that means we can ban people.

Like merit fans. I say your posts are crap and mostly just parroting junk that dont deserve merit at all and break them apart and demonstrate why. They say how is that possible I mean we have more merit that you?? LOL it is a stupid reply obviously.

Surely you are not so silly to take everything at face value. I mean the hostfat thread is about this very subject in the first place.

People frightened of transparent and open debate often have things to hide. Or else why not transparent debate.

Im sorry but open and transparent debate is what forums are for. If you can demonstrate now clearly where I am just unreasonable and clearly lose a debate but repeating observably incorrect information over and over ...then I will take you more seriously. I await your presentation of this observable event.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 02:11:50 AM

I was just letting you know why it looks like your posts were being deleted. I mentioned what the definition of off topic replies was, and attempted to clarify with an example that seems to be relevant to you. I'm going to be blunt, I don't have a spare 3 hours per day to discuss every aspect of every  forum rule. I don't mind spending 30 seconds smashing a keyboard to answer a question you ask, but I'm not going to get sucked into a meaningless discussion over why policies that are 100% outside of both of our controls mean what they mean and whether we each agree with them.

Theymos replied in this thread, that means hes aware of every single one of your claims here. If he chose to ignore them rather than ask you for more details, then the one person who could potentially do anything about whatever situation you are perceiving doesn't care.

I'm not responding to anything you post after this, so don't waste your time trying to engage me. You are welcome to disregard everything that I've said. Put me on ignore if you'd like, I'll probably keep responding to your new threads out of habit.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 02:24:37 AM

I was just letting you know why it looks like your posts were being deleted. I mentioned what the definition of off topic replies was, and attempted to clarify with an example that seems to be relevant to you. I'm going to be blunt, I don't have a spare 3 hours per day to discuss every aspect of every  forum rule. I don't mind spending 30 seconds smashing a keyboard to answer a question you ask, but I'm not going to get sucked into a meaningless discussion over why policies that are 100% outside of both of our controls mean what they mean and whether we each agree with them.

Theymos replied in this thread, that means hes aware of every single one of your claims here. If he chose to ignore them rather than ask you for more details, then the one person who could potentially do anything about whatever situation you are perceiving doesn't care.

I'm not responding to anything you post after this, so don't waste your time trying to engage me. You are welcome to disregard everything that I've said.

I have demonstrated my post was on topic. How could it be off topic. It was relevant to the OP. How can it not be relevant. I can't see any attempt at using the example to prove it was not relevant.

Anyway the thing you are correct about is that unless theymos is willing to engage in debate on this then nothing can be done. However for historical purposes I have created a sensible explanation as to why it is on topic and relates specifically to the OP.

Go to court and tell them precedents are irrelevant and off topic.

You spared 30 seconds to tell me I should have red trust for liking lemons so forgive me for not taking everything you say at face value without a debate first.

I don't disregard what you say. I take the useful parts of the advice.

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 03:02:28 AM

I guess this is the lie that you are telling to yourself and others. I never find you open to an advice.
I think days are not far when I am going to see your own ban appeal thread.

Advice: Do no reply this post , take 30 days break from Meta.

I am alive
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 01:18:48 PM

I guess this is the lie that you are telling to yourself and others. I never find you open to an advice.
I think days are not far when I am going to see your own ban appeal thread.

Advice: Do no reply this post , take 30 days break from Meta.

1. demonstrate it is a lie,
a/ find the useful advise
b/prove it was/could be more useful that the alternative actions that I subsequently decided to take

2/You presume that I will continue posting without now creating clarity on what is precisely allowed and not allowed. You are wrong. I will attempt to thrash out the precise details of how a thread should be allowed to flow. Any posts that I locate by "other reporters" will now be reported that do not fit within those confines. Everyone must be treated equally is that not the case here?

I decided to disregard your advice since I decided it was not useful, and was more of a false allegation.

I am open to advice on matters that persons demonstrate they have a greater understanding than myself. I often consult REAL developers on technical matters since those are areas where I appreciate one can not just use reasoning and intuition to find the optimal solution without the correct training and I simply don't have the time for this kind of thing as it takes many years and demands a certain attention span that I don't seem to have for things that are not immediately rewarding. Although I do like listening to people talk about all kinds of things that I have no real training in. I won't go into them here since it could bring my own thread off topic. Who knows if you can get reported for that or not. I will later create a thread that brings clarity to what is off topic, relevant and how the natural flow of a thread needs to be confined. I find this part interesting.

I asked your advice on stats and rewarded you with  merits for the results that you provided me. However that was useful, your prior post was not in its current form. Perhaps if you provide the useful advice then we could debate it on another thread if you really want.

I will end this thread now because it has served no real purpose for me. I am still very confused as to why it was deleted. I feel a sensible thread (non personal) should be created to see if I can understand what and what is not allowed to be posted in a thread. If comparisons to very similar situations to see if precedents can assist on deciding on actions to be taken then are not allowed at all or if it was the level of detail of the similar situation that was the problem. I will try to find out.

As I say the new thread will seek to open debate and generate some sensible transparent criteria we can ALL stick to.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: