Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:31:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bounty Hunters Should Be Exempted from KYC/AML Procedures  (Read 4195 times)
aleks260784

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 10:39:36 AM

I also believe that the check of KYC is not needed by bounty hunters. it only brings inconvenience and the possibility of losing earned coins if the documents did not fit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 10:42:00 AM

I find this very funny. True that kyc should not be extended to bounty hunters but then there are several hunters who cheat by using several multiple accounts to run campaigns. kyc helps disqualify them and i think it should be enforced on all hunters

therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 10:46:45 AM

I could give some many examples with the Airdrops , bounties that people cheat like crazy with multi accounting . There is like 100$ value airdrop with KYC and proof of adress and they only got like 30k participants in half year . But if you take a look at airdrops / bounties without KYC then you will see that it can get 50k participants easy =D Im totally agree that KYC is necesary for bounties / airdrops .
OptimusPrime_3

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 11:32:21 AM

To reply to your post, you don't have any reasons not to complete kyc if required by any bounty. If you don't want to send your documents,  it's better you don't participate in any of the bounty that asks for it. This is very simple.  I know many of you guys that kick against kyc still do bounties that ask of it but come here to make noise

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 12:13:43 PM

To reply to your post, you don't have any reasons not to complete kyc if required by any bounty. If you don't want to send your documents,  it's better you don't participate in any of the bounty that asks for it. This is very simple.  I know many of you guys that kick against kyc still do bounties that ask of it but come here to make noise
It seems that what you say is indeed very simple. I also agree with what you say. If you don't want to do KYC on bounty, of course don't participate. And if you still want to participate in the bounty, of course you have to do KYC like the rules that have been given. This is indeed very simple to do.

trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 12:17:24 PM

The Know Your Customer process itself was created in order to identify users, it’s not so important what kind of player you are in the market, then you will obviously become just an identified person if today you just give away your documents.
Mimi Peri Rapunchelle

Activity: 400

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 12:19:51 PM

It seems that what you say is indeed very simple. I also agree with what you say. If you don't want to do KYC on bounty, of course don't participate. And if you still want to participate in the bounty, of course you have to do KYC like the rules that have been given. This is indeed very simple to do.
right because all I know is KYC to avoid having multiple account but I do not like the project that suddenly makes the rules have to do KYC because it will take a long time and the distribution will be long
Robotbitcoin22

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 12:35:10 PM

The existence of KYC or not for me is no longer a big problem because the fact is that fraud still occurs even though there is still KYC because those who commit fraud can still do data manipulation
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 01:11:59 PM

if you don't like to do KYC then you should move on to the other campaign that no need to do it. I understand the team why they need that, but it is up to you if you do it, just careful to scam project your personal info may use it for scam activity.

GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 05:21:01 PM

Today on the Internet you can find other people's passport data. There are even offices that offer their services to create the necessary documents for you to pass the KYC procedure. Thus do some bounty hunters (those who use multiaccounts). So the efficiency of KYC is not always on top.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 05:37:25 PM

I totally agreed with your opinion because bounty hunter are not investing in the project directly but worked for the tokens earn, meanwhile kyc is main for customers who are investing in the project using faint paper money for avoidance of money laundering and fraud activities. But in most cases the project team just make the kyc process mandatary to all users of they sites.
miklesm

Activity: 1078

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 06:27:53 PM

I agree with you, Bounty hunters are too often required to submit KYC information on different projects which cannot garentee the safeness of data. If the project do need KYC of Bounty hunters, the best decision is to use special services for verification like Civic.
marilynmanson21

Activity: 1260
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 11:53:23 PM

Yeah I agree with you, bounty participants are not supposed to do the KYC/AML. Even the reason is because to prevent cheaters or multi-account on bounty campaign, but I feel like the KYC procedure shouldn't be the same as investor's KYC, it should be in the different way.
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:41:01 AM

Yeah I agree with you, bounty participants are not supposed to do the KYC/AML. Even the reason is because to prevent cheaters or multi-account on bounty campaign, but I feel like the KYC procedure shouldn't be the same as investor's KYC, it should be in the different way.

KYC/AML already become standart in cryptocurrency. Perhaps its because developers team want to comply with law regulation in their country and i think its good because it getting crypto to government regulation. Many hunters afraid doing KYC because they afraid their document sold by developers team but i hope its not happen
Nwankwobtt

Activity: 487

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:34:46 AM

AML – Anti-Money Laundering
KYC – Know Your Customer

KYC and AML are terms used when a business or a project wants to identify and verify the identity of a client or customer. To verify identity, KYC checks may require an individual to submit copies of personal documents like National ID cards, International Passports, Drivers Licence, Utility Bills as well as a Selfie Image.

As a bounty hunter, I understand that cryptocurrency projects need to act in compliance with the government's financial policies where they use as their base of operations. Part of these financial policies usually require the implementation of KYC/AML processes for the investors who seek to purchase tokens or coins from ICOs or other token generation events. For investors to buy tokens they need to convert fiat to cryptocurrency and it is this main reason KYC checks come in to monitor and store data of investors participating in the sale as a move to control money laundering.

To this end, bounty hunters should have no business surrendering their personal documents since they receive tokens as payment for a service rendered and no transactions of fiat to cryptocurrency will be taking place on their part. In other words, hunters cannot be accused of money laundering.

If sending tokens directly to hunters will contravene the laws of the project's locality, then they should employ the services of a verified 3rd party escrow agent who can distribute tokens to bounty hunters at specified due date or just take the easy way out and pay hunters in another cryptocurrency like ETH or BTC.

This is just my personal opinion. Feel free to add your comments and suggestions.

Your opinions are valid and represents the vast majority of bounty hunters. In as much as project developers impose it to checkmate multiple account hunters, project developers should stop using the excuses of having bounty hunters perform kyc as a statutory financial requirement when bounty hunters don't contribute fiat. We all are not fools

sircy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:41:39 AM

KYC is only used for investors and everything is done here is anonymous. So I am of the opinion that these bounty hunters do not need to use KYC. But if it has become a policy made by the Team, it must be implemented.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 05:11:00 AM

I find this very funny. True that kyc should not be extended to bounty hunters but then there are several hunters who cheat by using several multiple accounts to run campaigns. kyc helps disqualify them and i think it should be enforced on all hunters
KYC checks should be conducted only to prevent the laundering of dirty money and combat the financing of terrorism. It is illegal to conduct it for any other purpose.
 What is the purpose of such a test for bounty hunters if they are not investors in ICO projects? In order to get hold of our confidential data or with the aim of non-payment of earned tokens, if such a check is carried out at the end of the ICO or even after it is completed.
We need to regulate the activities of the ICO so that these abuses by the ICO team are stopped.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:07:08 AM

I agree, infact bounty hunters and investors shouldn't be required any kyc, I afraid some site will misuse the identity from the investors and used it for identity theft, the reason for kyc bounty hunter is not for money laundering but to prevent cheating, but I still think crypto should be free from kyc no matter what is the reason, the developers should find other way to prevent cheating
For a project to descend so low in misusing the identity of its client, then it must surely be a scam project.

It is just like saying now that Binance will misuse the identity of its client, I doubt this. It is only when an investors gives information to sites that are not to be trusted that we can say, there is possibility of them misusing it, that is why it is very important for any investors to thoroughly investigate any project he or she wishes to invest which may require some info about them.

Personally I don’t have any issue with KYC for investors because it requires them moving money into the system which might be a stolen money, I only have issue with hunter’s KYC.
GGmith

Activity: 394
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:13:34 AM

yes KYC is not required for bounty hunters, because this is not worth the cost. although this KYC system has a positive impact as well as reducing multi accounts but still not suitable for bounty hunters. this is more suitable for ico developers to reduce scamers.
bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:18:25 AM

Be against KYC/AML Procedures by ICO fundraising projects or be for it. It doesn't really matter. You have no control whatsoever. The crypto space, more specifically, the ICO space is not well regulated so these ICOs can do whatever they need to do. Usually, they do KYC to avoid being hounded by the G-man.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │