Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:54:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bounty Hunters Should Be Exempted from KYC/AML Procedures  (Read 4195 times)
Bumidinasty

Activity: 373
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:20:58 AM

As a bounty hunter, in my opinion, Kyc verification is not necessary because we are only bounty hunters not as investors, I prefer to join a bounty campaign without Kyc and with bounty managers who do not have to verify Kyc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:56:31 AM

I think it is because there are many cheaters and fraudsters participated in bounty campaigns.
They are using many accounts to gain more reward and this is of course will bring disadvantage to hunter who work with single account.
right, actually this is what everyone prevents so that the dirty players can disappear and the possibility is very difficult. only with KYC can they be overcome a little but KYC also gets pros and cons from the community because not all projects are good and provide equal pay for their work
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 08:12:11 AM

AML – Anti-Money Laundering
KYC – Know Your Customer

KYC and AML are terms used when a business or a project wants to identify and verify the identity of a client or customer. To verify identity, KYC checks may require an individual to submit copies of personal documents like National ID cards, International Passports, Drivers Licence, Utility Bills as well as a Selfie Image.

As a bounty hunter, I understand that cryptocurrency projects need to act in compliance with the government's financial policies where they use as their base of operations. Part of these financial policies usually require the implementation of KYC/AML processes for the investors who seek to purchase tokens or coins from ICOs or other token generation events. For investors to buy tokens they need to convert fiat to cryptocurrency and it is this main reason KYC checks come in to monitor and store data of investors participating in the sale as a move to control money laundering.

To this end, bounty hunters should have no business surrendering their personal documents since they receive tokens as payment for a service rendered and no transactions of fiat to cryptocurrency will be taking place on their part. In other words, hunters cannot be accused of money laundering.

If sending tokens directly to hunters will contravene the laws of the project's locality, then they should employ the services of a verified 3rd party escrow agent who can distribute tokens to bounty hunters at specified due date or just take the easy way out and pay hunters in another cryptocurrency like ETH or BTC.

This is just my personal opinion. Feel free to add your comments and suggestions.

Actually, majority of the ico project after their campaign period, they gave payment to all their bounty participants without requiring the bounty hunters to submit KYC. Only few of the ico campaign has a KYC requirements. Meaning, this is just a peace of damn shit, sorry for the term. Because even some of the ico project asking for KYC, are still scamming their bounty participants. In short, it is none sense. But because part of the requirements the participants are oblige to submit their KYC to get their rewards, on which they had no choice to do it.
cewekimut

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 08:20:15 AM

KYC so far I think it has been able to reduce fraud in the Bounty project. I think this KYC will continue to run and maybe later almost all projects can use KYC. But it all depends on you, maybe you can take part in projects that don't use KYC.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
usm1000

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 08:40:21 AM

I strongly agree with you, Kyc is know youre a customer that is made for business customers not a bounty hunter, because the bounty hunter is only a worker in the development of the ico so it is not necessary for bounty hunters
pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 09:06:21 AM

KYC – Know Your Customer

KYC and AML are terms used when a business or a project wants to identify and verify the identity of a client or customer. To verify identity, KYC checks may require an individual to submit copies of personal documents like National ID cards, International Passports, Drivers Licence, Utility Bills as well as a Selfie Image.

As a bounty hunter, I understand that cryptocurrency projects need to act in compliance with the government's financial policies where they use as their base of operations. Part of these financial policies usually require the implementation of KYC/AML processes for the investors who seek to purchase tokens or coins from ICOs or other token generation events. For investors to buy tokens they need to convert fiat to cryptocurrency and it is this main reason KYC checks come in to monitor and store data of investors participating in the sale as a move to control money laundering.

To this end, bounty hunters should have no business surrendering their personal documents since they receive tokens as payment for a service rendered and no transactions of fiat to cryptocurrency will be taking place on their part. In other words, hunters cannot be accused of money laundering.

If sending tokens directly to hunters will contravene the laws of the project's locality, then they should employ the services of a verified 3rd party escrow agent who can distribute tokens to bounty hunters at specified due date or just take the easy way out and pay hunters in another cryptocurrency like ETH or BTC.

This is just my personal opinion. Feel free to add your comments and suggestions.

I agree with some others that KYC is nonsense thing for bounty hunters, remember that the rule for bounty hunters is to share and educate the public about the certain project, so whats the use of KYC, anyway i understand that nowadays many are frauds and scammers, but i think we should exempt the bounty hunters.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:36:33 PM

Hunters shouldn't really comply with KYC.
You did the job without any agreement and that's why crypto is all about freedom and privacy.
No one is really supporting the idea of having KYC in bounties, but these ICO runners are just tricksters, they will never ask you for the KYC at first, until when the time for you to withdraw your payment comes, that’s when they will start asking for the KYC and you would have no other option. This is cheating and it should be stopped. They should be giving info ahead of time so that people will know exactly what they are getting themselves into.

I’m in support of what OP has said. Though it’s quite funny how this topic is now everywhere and everyone is complaining about the KYC, lol,. They really need to do something about it. Hunters shouldn’t be the ones to give their information, cause they came to work and nothing else and after that work they are getting paid for it, they are not the ones who are investing. It should only be for the investors who are buying that token with fiat.
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:41:18 PM

Those things were completely against the decentralization so when someone want decentralization in future payment system they will avoid the projects with KYC.ANd people are also afraid of our person information can be misused by scammer so they are not ready to do it.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Chomsy
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 04:17:12 PM

I agree with you completely and i also think if KYC must be done regarding bounties , it should be carried out by the bounty hosting companies. Since the hunters literally work for the bounty hosting platforms. The KYC trend is making bounty hunting difficult for some of my friends

You are absolutely right. Some dubious persons use this KYC stuff against the hunters. Like the form hunters got on Aclyd recently to perform KYC only for us to find out the KYC is complete scam. If the bounty host conducts KYC themselves, such wouldn't have happened.
FastSlots

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 04:28:29 PM

KYC – Know Your Customer

I think KYC is needed, KYC is as difficult as possible. Because there are so many cheaters now, they use multiple accounts to join a campaign and they take almost all of the bounty pool and bring no advertising benefits to the project. But the true hunter is doing a lot but very little reward .
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 08:47:57 PM

I actually support the process for verification in order to avoid cheating, but actually KYC is not a good enough solution to stop cheating on the ICO. because it is very detrimental to one's personal data can be misused
It is surely not the perfect way of completely controlling the scam rate in the market but it will go a long way too in minimizing the rate of scam to a certain level.

I believe since the major intention of these people requesting for KYC is to curb the scam rate, they might not pay much attention to using it for another ulterior motive, that is why we should also stop creating these ideas in their mind, we should also try as much as possible to work with projects that are very reliable and would do no such thing, imagine Bill gate decides to adopt blockchain technology too and come up with an ICO now, what would bill gate do with our identities?
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 07:51:50 PM

Bounty hunters should not be included for any KYC requirements and I do agree with your statement. I regret submitting my documents to some projects and some of them turned out to be a scam projects. And it was a nightmare for me as they could do anything for those sensitive information. And kinda scared as it will be use in some fraudulent deeds.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 07:54:54 PM

KYC – Know Your Customer

I do agree with what you have said, especially nowadays that most bounty fail or even if they succeed you cannot even get decent amount money from your bounty unlike before. It is also not safe to give out credentials just for bounty, there's a risk of getting your credentials used in some other ways or sold for illegal activities.

baeva2

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:23:42 PM

Fully agree that bounty hunters need to cancel KYC. This procedure does not give anything, because it can not accurately identify the scam. But bounty hunters are very at risk by issuing their personal documents.
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 08:06:47 PM

I do agree with what you have said, especially nowadays that most bounty fail or even if they succeed you cannot even get decent amount money from your bounty unlike before. It is also not safe to give out credentials just for bounty, there's a risk of getting your credentials used in some other ways or sold for illegal activities.

Yes, Its not like bounty hunters are getting rich thru bounty campaigns. Asking for KYC is another way of screwing bounty hunters and denying them of payments after months of hardwork.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 02:43:40 AM

Indeed, bounty hunters are not spend their money in ICO, no money laundering happen.
AML should be only for investors who has huge amount of money that could be a money laundry activities.
Usually the KYC is not for preventing money laundry, the ICO company will give you other reason to do KYC.

Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 645

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 03:21:26 AM

Indeed, bounty hunters are not spend their money in ICO, no money laundering happen.
AML should be only for investors who has huge amount of money that could be a money laundry activities.
Usually the KYC is not for preventing money laundry, the ICO company will give you other reason to do KYC.
KYC is needed for the Anti money laundering to determine the owner of the money, once that money is attached to illegal activities of money laundering. KYC has only become a basic requirement, establishments that are under the monitoring of the AMLC are required to follow that simply rule. 
Bounty hunter earnings could be different, but if the team will explain why it's needed and it's a compliance matter, we have to adopt with it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 12:38:34 AM

actually the purpose of the bounty team to participants is to reduce multiple accounts, so for example when the stake calculation has started and distribution will be carried out, the team will do the kyc to check whether there is a double account there. if there is, it will be eliminated, because it has already been regulated from the start.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 12:57:53 AM

Sometimes I wondered why majority of the bounty campaign are not requiring to their participants to submit KYC, only few of them have that kind of rules. Meaning, KYC is just a piece of ____? most of the time even there is a kyc that campaign project is the one who are really scammer and cheaters. In short, whether the campaign has a kyc or not it is still the same that can be an scam ico project. However in the end we still do nothing but to follows the rules they have for the sake to receive our token.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 01:08:10 AM

In this post you have made a lot of very good points and I totally agree with you.

I believe that kyc and anti money laundering procedures is totally uncalled for and should not be imposed on bounty hunters because they are not investors and their only receiving tokens appoint as a payment for the services they have rendered.

When participating in kyc procedures by authors give out important information and personal data which could be at risk if it gets cleaned out or could be used for a host of things online and in the real world where services are being in that this is not the case so I believe that kyc procedures should be stopped for bounty hunters.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: