Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:56:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1070070 times)
graphfox

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:25:06 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 01:11:38 AM by graphfox

About the mining; you know you can use the deamon to mine to another wallet? bytecoind --start-mining address, this way you can setup a personal pool (if you have enough resources like cloud mining etc)
I'm a little confused about this. How do you specify the number of threads? If I say 'threads=4' after the address, show_hr gives me a hashrate like there is only one thread running.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:16:33 AM

About the mining; you know you can use the deamon to mine to another wallet? bytecoind --start-mining address, this way you can setup a personal pool (if you have enough resources like cloud mining etc)
I'm a little confused about this. How do you specify the number of threads? If I say 'threads=4' after the address, show_hr gives me a hashrate like there is only one thread running.

Just the number after the address, like this:

start_mining akjduIUSBIbiasijadiUAHBd 4

Will begin mining with 4 threads
graphfox

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:35:43 AM

Just the number after the address, like this:

start_mining akjduIUSBIbiasijadiUAHBd 4

Will begin mining with 4 threads
Oh that's silly of me. Thankyou~
DStrange (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:54:02 AM

Have you seen this? CryptoNote team is looking for volunteers: https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27
I have sent them my CV.   

nbkn

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:30:20 AM

Just for your information: I had problems building under CentOS 6.5 with boost-1.5.5 and gcc-4.7.3, switching to gcc-4.8.2 fixed this problem for me.

Cloudpost

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:09:51 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this won't work like a pool, it will just solomine to other wallet instead one that is running on a computer. You won't have to transfer the mined coins from several computers, but you also won't know the statistics: which comp found the block (and block quantities solved per comp).

I have several good cpus solomining bytecoin and I'd like to know if I'm right (that pointing several solomining cpu to one wallet won't increase chances\block salvation speed).

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
x0rcist

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:20:47 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this won't work like a pool, it will just solomine to other wallet instead one that is running on a computer. You won't have to transfer the mined coins from several computers, but you also won't know the statistics: which comp found the block (and block quantities solved per comp).

I have several good cpus solomining bytecoin and I'd like to know if I'm right (that pointing several solomining cpu to one wallet won't increase chances\block salvation speed).

True. Its not like using combined cpu power and submitting shares to a pool, for this we need stratum/getwork support. But atleast we can mine to other wallets directly so we dont need multiple wallets running and transfer coins manual.
ndonnard

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:41:18 PM

Hello!
I just began to mining BCN (about 2 days). And WOW my balance is not zero already! Smiley The interface of www.minergate.com is so simple and scrumptious.
I think cryptocurrencies will spread over the world and it will change a lot.
Despite of my vivid interest and curiosity of new ways of economic  it's difficult to imagine this  world in details. I understand that  it's impossible mostly but if you have any suggestions I would be glad to hear.
Off course nobody knows what future contains but the appearence of such new technologies is HUGE moment in history. Do you agree with BCN dev's pholosophy?
DStrange (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:13:18 PM

200,000 BCN were added to giveaway address today!
Thank you, anonymous.

Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:19:39 PM

Can confirm this. It won't work as a pool. Each CPU has it's own chance of finding block even if you mine to the same wallet.

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit