Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:13:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are these legitimate deletes or is someone spoofing these to my message box?  (Read 313 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 09:41:36 PM

I've had around 10 within a few seconds of each other and they all just say this

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

no

all come from bitcoin guest ( but then all my other deletes do)

these seem to link to nothing though?

I doubt I just said no to anything since i usually prefer to give a longer  answer with more detailed explanation.

I think 2 said "nah" not "no"

but even so it is unlikely and to get around 10 within a few seconds from each other seems like a spoof

this is why it would be best to have the mods contact who deleted it on each one so you could discuss it with them if you wanted to know why. This from "bitcoin guest" seems less useful

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 10:17:28 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2019, 10:58:31 PM by Quickseller

A moderator deleted many of your posts that were low value all near the same time, perhaps all in the same thread, but this is not clear based on your post. edit: I don’t think this is true if 10 were deleted.

I don’t know who deleted them, but that doesn’t matter.

In the future, try to avoid replying with only one word, doing so will almost always be a low/zero value post.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 10:39:55 PM

all come from bitcoin guest ( but then all my other deletes do)

these seem to link to nothing though?

I doubt I just said no to anything since i usually prefer to give a longer  answer with more detailed explanation.

I think 2 said "nah" not "no"

but even so it is unlikely and to get around 10 within a few seconds from each other seems like a spoof

this is why it would be best to have the mods contact who deleted it on each one so you could discuss it with them if you wanted to know why. This from "bitcoin guest" seems less useful
Actually it is bitcoin forum, not bitcoin guest. Under bitcoin forum it says Guest which is some kind of title, like full member.

When moderator/admin delete your post you will see which post was deleted, unless they trash whole thread, then you won't receive any message from bitcoin forum. If you posted "no" you will see "no", you can't see "no" if you posted "nah" and "nah" was removed, you will see "nah" in that case.

As for "which moderator deleted post?", well, they don't have obligation to say that, but it will be OK to know why your post was removed and unfortunately in some cases you will never receive explanation from them.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 10:46:46 PM

A moderator deleted many of your posts that were low value all near the same time, perhaps all in the same thread, but this is not clear based on your post.

In the future, try to avoid replying with only one word, doing so will almost always be a low/zero value post.

I would certainly never have written "no" as a single answer for many years if ever, and never twice or 10x in the same thread.

This must be some spoof also that would have been years ago if it ever even happened.

Why can I not click on the link like I can on all my other deletes to find the thread it came from? It is not linked to anything.

This must be some spoof. I mean who would locate all my 1 word answers from my entire history here within a few seconds of each other report and delete them.

Seems impossible and this is why I think either something is hacked or a spoof attempt.

I mean can you copy the moderator message and somehow make it seem like it comes from a that guest account

has anyone else had this happen? maybe the forum has some new bot that is doing it for one word answers from your entire post history?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 10:57:13 PM

A moderator deleted many of your posts that were low value all near the same time, perhaps all in the same thread, but this is not clear based on your post.

I would certainly never have written "no" as a single answer for many years if ever, and never twice or 10x in the same thread.

This must be some spoof also that would have been years ago if it ever even happened.

Why can I not click on the link like I can on all my other deletes to find the thread it came from? It is not linked to anything.

This must be some spoof. I mean who would locate all my 1 word answers from my entire history here within a few seconds of each other.

Seems impossible.
You have ~13k posts, and it appears there were at least 10 in which you said “no” (and similar one word posts).

Thinking about this some more, based on your claim that 10 of your posts were deleted, I suspect someone reviewed your post history and reported 10 of your posts with one word. I suspect you will only need one guess to figure out who reported them and yes, she likely was trying to cause trouble for you.

Unfortunately, when you receive a PM notifying you of a deleted post, there is no thread link, so you cannot go back and see the thread. If you asked me how many one word posts someone with 13k posts has, I would say they have at least 10, perhaps more.

I personally have bumped my own various topics hundreds if not thousands of times over the years, and although I always try to remember to delete old bumps, sometimes this gets overlooked and as such they are deleted by a moderator. I would say I have had more than 10 of my old bumps deleted over the years.
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2036

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 01:23:32 AM

Having watched your interactions with members recently over the last while. I agree that a few members have probably gone through your post history specifically to try and increase the number of good reports against you.

I seem to recall reading somewhere theymos had addressed you about something like 61 good reports against you, which could eventually lead to a ban. So there is a chance they think that by the number of good reports against you rises a ban may be put into effect. I doubt it would happen from old posts getting deleted, but new  threads considered redundant or spammy might result in a temp ban.

Found it.
One of the deleted posts:
~snip~
Nothing in that huge rant has really anything to do with the case involving HostFat and therocktrading. You mentioned HostFat, but you didn't actually address anything related to the topic; you just tried yet another filibuster on your DT talking points.

We see you doing this over and over again. There are 61 good reports against you in the last 60 days. You're going to get banned if you keep this up.

You do you, but I would take some time before creating my next threads to see if I've done something very similar recently; or if it will serve a purpose beyond just being created.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 01:33:07 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2019, 02:00:37 AM by cryptohunter

hmm well now I have 6 more within a few seconds all one word or 2 word posts.

one of them I had quoted someone else so I visited the thread and it was from a long time back.

Must be some kind of bot because nobody is going to be able to scan all of these back to then surely.

some of the other posts may be the same post getting deleted several times but I can not tell because there is not quote for me to see if it is the same post or just because I put "no" on different posts.

I have seen before the exact same post deleted 3 times or I have 3 messages about it with 3 different time stamps.

I will find it to demonstrate what I mean.

Hmm seems I can't find it...

Anyway was another BAD delete that comes under my false accusation topic.... because I remember someone called my post a pile of bullshit nonsense and told me to shut the fuck up.

I simply replied with "present the parts that are untrue or bullshit" ..... (which the attacker could not)

Then it got deleted 3 times in a row.... but was just the same post with different time stamps on it.

edit i found the examples here now.

this one 22.50 time stamp

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

cryptohunter, you’re without doubt the most annoying, repetitive poster here. I think everybody is bored of your bullshit now.

This is the typical response of someone that knows what I am saying is 100% correct.

Look at my post and find the parts of it that you feel are incorrect then present them here.

But no just some blathering slobbering nonsense by a genuine shit poster.

now this one at 22.56

cryptohunter, you’re without doubt the most annoying, repetitive poster here. I think everybody is bored of your bullshit now.

This is the typical response of someone that knows what I am saying is 100% correct.

Look at my post and find the parts of it that you feel are incorrect then present them here.

But no just some blathering slobbering nonsense by a genuine shit poster.

same one and another one the same later on. Someone could verify this I am sure.

So maybe this "no" and "nah" that is deleting 20x or more now could be some bug because only a few are slightly different.

Perhaps some clean up auto bot theymos installed that goes back through your entire post history?

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 02:03:58 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2019, 02:20:06 AM by bones261

@Cryptohunter. You can find out a little bit more about your recently deleted posts by going to https://bitcointalk.org/modlog.php and searching your member id#92110.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 02:11:42 AM

The post by LFC_bitcoin was deleted (it was a low effort/ value post), and any replies to that post were also deleted. This is similar to why this post was deleted— it was a zero effort post and was deleted and any reply to that post would also get deleted, if any.

If you replied to a post that gets deleted but adds content not only responding to the deleted post then your post won’t get deleted but it might get edited.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 02:53:01 AM

@bones

thanks I will see what that page is all about looks useful

@QS

cheers,

but do these count against you ? is that part of that 61? theymos is talking about? also what about self moderated? i have a bunch of self moderated ones filling pages mostly from just a couple of threads where the thread started went against me for some reason.

I just found it strange there was 3 notifications all identical but the messages are sent at 3 different times like a bug.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no point making a huge reply if a shorter one is quite sufficient to give the reader or person presenting the question a valuable answer.

Also if someone says do you mean top 50 or top 100 you are not allowed to reply  50 or 100

I don't like to post more than I need to. At times I make long posts, at times I make short posts where that is all that is required to settle the matter. I like to post in the most efficient manner I can so long as it details for the reader all the essentials.

anyway thanks to

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 03:22:29 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2019, 03:42:05 AM by Quickseller
Merited by cryptohunter (1)

If you responded to a post that gets deleted, it will not count the same way against you the same way a post that is deleted because it is off topic on its own. Although you should avoid responding to off topic posts. If you see a post that is off topic, you should report it and you can put in the note that you would appreciate a PM if the report is incorrect— this will go a long way in helping your overall case in you not getting banned, also if a moderator messages you explaining why your report is wrong, they are taking the time to help you and are not against you. Also, keep in mind that you don’t need to respond to every post you disagree with, nor that is incorrect and you don’t need to respond right away.  

I have no idea if those posts are part of the 61 reports theymos is referring to.

Having a post in a self moderated thread deleted by the OP (not a moderator) is for all intents and purposes not going to count against you. I have heard that continuing to post in a self moderated thread after being asked not to can result in getting banned, but I have seen multiple people post many times after being asked not to and nothing happened to my knowledge.

You don’t need to write very long posts, however generally it is best to not write a single weird post. Like I said, I would not find it unusual for someone with 13k posts to have 10 one word posts. My opinion is if they were written a long time ago over a long time, they shouldn’t have any real impact on any decision to ban you, if it ever came to that. My suggestion is if you want to post a one word response would be to post a sentence or two explication and/or provide a quote of yours or someone else to explain.

edit: I just reviewed the various threads your posts were deleted from, and most of them were in threads whose last post were over a year ago, and the rest had their last post made more than 6 months ago.

There are currently 14 posts of your in the modlog, and 4 of the posts of yours deleted had a post by someone else deleted at the same time, and 10 of the threads had no other posts deleted at the same time.

It is perhaps possible a moderator was catching up on very old reports, but I think it is more likely someone was reviewing your post history looking for posts that break the rules, going back years. If the later is correct, one can reasonably conclude that someone is trying to pad your "stats" in regards to reports against you in an effort to get you banned. If the later is correct, I think this behavior should be condemned, and I don't think it is appropriate to be making an active effort into trying to get people banned presumably because you disagree with the person.  

I think I read this earlier also (in no mood to find the thread and it will be almost impossible). If your post is too long then Moderator instead of sending whole post in mail just snip it and send the mail like this.
this is incorrect. The deleted post is sent by automation via SMF.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 03:39:22 AM

I think I read this earlier also (in no mood to find the thread and it will be almost impossible). If your post is too long then Moderator instead of sending whole post in mail just snip it and send the mail like this.

Edit: Deletes are legit and no one is spoofing you. Since you are getting mails it also means your specific post were deleted . You do not get  mail when topics are trashed.

I am alive
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 06:40:20 PM

@QS

thanks for information, very helpful and I'm looking into it all one by one.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: