Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 10:21:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who will win the smart contracts competition?  (Read 544 times)
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 05:00:22 PM

Or maybe another altcoin that is not in the list? Even EOS that process around 900 TPS is not the best solution for DApps and smart-contracts because it is still too slow. For example Ziliqa or QuarkChain could be the real competitors due to their high TPS rate.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 05:20:12 PM

It’ll be hard to catch up, though. Ethereum has thousands of developer courses, tutorials, articles, and Stack Overflow answers, and that’s quite a head start. They also have the largest, most active community working on improvement proposals and core protocol development.

Developers may be frustrated with slow transactions and terrible user interfaces, but Ethereum still owns the developer mindshare by a wide margin. Over 3,000 ICOs have launched on Ethereum, and its closest competitors are still in the low hundreds. Ethereum has suffered some major blows in 2018, but a big rally this week serves as an answer to challengers: Don’t count Ethereum out just yet.
You think correctly. Ethereum has the infrastructure. In addition, ether is the first of its kind, as BTC in its own way. This is much more important than technical parameters that can be improved over time.

MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 05:32:29 PM

New coins similar to Ethereum keep appearing and seems like they are taking the lead right now. That's probably because a new coin comes with better features and updates then the old ones and people always prefer the coins that have faster transactions and cheaper fees. It's hard to say who is going to win this competition since each of them had their own advantage. I think they are going to stay equal for a while and one of them is going to announce something that will boost them in the top
ngusmin
Copper Member

Activity: 496
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 06:00:50 PM

Most ico use smart contracts from ethereum, and I still think for the future the ethereum contract will still be superior.

┏━━━━━━━━━ JOIN TELEGRAM GROUP ━━━━━━━━━┓
│▓▓▓▓▓▓ T o o l K i t z A I -  Break the Barrier ▓▓▓▓▓▓│
┗━━━━━━━━━━━ T R Y  D E M O ━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Balzhi

Activity: 518
Merit: 161

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 06:03:52 PM

Ethereum was obviously the leader and the only main smart contract platform of 2017 and 2018. But now I see that EOS is doing roughly double the activity as Ethereum and even Tron is doing around as much if not more activity as Ethereum.

Do you think EOS will be the big smart contract platform of the next crypto boom (and possibly further in to the future)? Or will Ethereum manage to hold its lead with its future tech upgrade scaling solutions?

Or is there another platform you think will challenge them?

Right now I'm thinking EOS could very well challenge Ethereum for smart contract dominance during the next crypto boom.

what do you mean was "leader". ethereum still leader between smart-contract platforms. it is second on coinmarketcap with its capitalisation. and it always will be.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███      (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌      ███||
|   Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram   |
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 06:06:34 PM

It is rather difficult to answer this question. Ethereum has build a strong ecosystem and it is rather attractive for smart contract developers, but more and more DApps appears on EOS and TRX blockchains, which is great for the cryptocurrency industry in general.
royalfestus

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 06:14:03 PM

EOS is good and has the potential to destroy ethereum dominance as a platform and smart contract, but even so I don't think that ethereum will lose easily because ethereum also seeks to improve the quality and number of users, one of which is to make hardfork and that will make people returned to see ethereum again after they tried to turn away
It is one of the interest factors that i like about Ethereum, that is, having more users but reduced price ,and bitcoin lost more users and gain higher price. Sometimes I believe less users can be good for price due to scarcity.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 06:23:02 PM

i think anyone reading this thread can easily see that any smart contract platform that ISNT Ethereum has nothing but PAID shills. ethereum has actual developers developing stuff that people need to use, all the other ones seem to just have a load of paid shills.

(im a real poster who is inexplicably still actually bothering to come here, i know right? it must be obsessive compulsion i need to get it seen to)

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 06:39:25 PM

Ethereum was obviously the leader and the only main smart contract platform of 2017 and 2018. But now I see that EOS is doing roughly double the activity as Ethereum and even Tron is doing around as much if not more activity as Ethereum.

Do you think EOS will be the big smart contract platform of the next crypto boom (and possibly further in to the future)? Or will Ethereum manage to hold its lead with its future tech upgrade scaling solutions?

Or is there another platform you think will challenge them?

Right now I'm thinking EOS could very well challenge Ethereum for smart contract dominance during the next crypto boom.

I'm invested in eth, eos and tron too.
But i think that, right now, the advantage have eth is too big and, without some big events, eos and tron can never reach eth..
Palmaper

Activity: 170
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 06:56:56 PM

The fact that EOS or Tron are doing things well does not mean that they will necessarily displace Ethereum from its leadership in the area of smart contracts, as it is well known that in this market not only the technological development of a cryptocurrency matters, but also it seems that investors seem to be more interested in the prestige, recognition and support behind a crypto, and in this case ethereum is far above the others, almost on a par with bitcoin.

If the question of the cryptos was based exclusively on the technological development of a coin, maybe bitcoin would hardly be in the top-50, and that is not the case.

OOOBTC.com ●  Crypto Trading Is Now Rewarding
▬▬ ●  ●  Daily incentives, Awesome bonuses, Incredible support ●  ● (https://www.ooobtc.com)
cryptounicon

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 06:57:44 PM

I think EOS is going to be a major contender...although who knows what could happen with Zilliqa or Cardano when they are both fully released...

EZ365 TM     ⚫  REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM  ⚫
████████████████ [ http://ez365.io/ ] ████████████████
prtty2gal2

Merit: 523

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:45:45 PM

I think eth has already being trademark for smart contract for a long time and its not that easy to asked people to switch to other coin, EOS is not a bad coin and many people is fond of the coin to switch eth for smart contract, but its still too early for eos to compete with eth
It will really be a strong contest between EOS and ETH as both of them have very sound development team and with the way EOS is gradually gaining more popularity overtime with more advance technology they are beginning to introduce too, it might be another coin with a very promising future.

When it comes to smart contract performance, they might get so close to Ethereum and one thing I am certainly sure of is that Ethereum will not give them chance too because whatever it is that EOS has added to itself to make it a better choice, Eth will also add it too, so there is no loop hole.
Evrolina

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:55:56 PM

As long as ethereum is on the move for more development,it will be difficult for any other coin to overtake it just like that,many people find ethereum so easy to use.
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 09:05:24 PM

if asked to choose and compare smart contract who is the best between ETH, EOS, and TRON then I will speak based on my experience.

I have used several transactions with EOS and Tron, but I still prefer Ethereum... I'm more comfortable with Ethereum, Ethereum is more user-friendly than the others.

so even though new coins keep appearing and claiming their smart contract is the best, I will still choose Ethereum is the best.

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 09:11:14 PM

Ethereum is the first altcoin to provide a smart contract system. After success with several projects, a smart contract system emerged from EOS and Tron. However, the two altcoins still cannot afford to approach Ethereum as a leader in smart contracts. The ethereum developers will not remain silent to continue developing the technology so that they still get the trust of their users.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 09:13:36 PM

When it comes down to something like this, so many people like to compare tech specs and data side by side.

The amount of activity on these newer platforms would look like a sign that they can compete with ethereum.

The fact of the matter is, none of these companies stand even a slim chance against ethereum.
I'm not just speculating here.

Take iphones vs. android for example.
iphones are always behind androids in terms of tech and features.
But iphones still dominate the market by a LARGE margin.
So much that every other cell phone company is put in the android category.

Not only this, but there is so much evidence in other products and markets that tech doesn't determine the market leader.

There is two things that ethereum has that these other smart contracts aren't even close to getting:
Name brand recognition and Market penetration

Wildwest

Activity: 1769
Merit: 318

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 09:32:07 PM

It is true that for now EOS looks very challenging ethereum to compete smart contracts, but EOS is far from effective, because to make EOS wallets requires a fee and this makes superior ethereum on the UX side.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:12:55 PM

Eos looks way too overhyped just like Ethereum was in 2017.

What many of you are forgetting are possible smart contracts for Bitcoin. If this gets done people will forget about altcoins and go with bitcoin. It will take time but it will happen and eventually bitcoin will get the best upgrades from other altcoins added as second and third layer solutions.
thecodebear (OP)

Activity: 2128
Merit: 824

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 12:10:45 AM

Or maybe another altcoin that is not in the list? Even EOS that process around 900 TPS is not the best solution for DApps and smart-contracts because it is still too slow. For example Ziliqa or QuarkChain could be the real competitors due to their high TPS rate.

Of course any blockchain that has high transactions on-chain does so by sacrificing decentralization and therefore security. I guess the question ultimately is will users care if something is highly decentralized like Ethereum or far less decentralized like EOS and others. With something like bitcoin (people's money and savings) security and high decentralization is the most important thing, with an application network though I feel like maybe people would accept the trade-off of less decentralization a more friendly experience. Then again as you say even something like 900 tps is nothing if we're talking about a global network so on-chain will always end of just being a settlement layer for any global blockchain network, the mass of the transactions will always have to take place on a second layer anyway if the network is to be secure and decentralized enough to even be able to say it is at all secured by decentralization.

If Ethereum's second layer tech operates well I could see it taking back (or keeping) the lead for dapp networks. But of course any other network can also add second layer tech, I think the next few years of adoption and recognition will be crucial because whoever has the lead and has the most developer mindshare in the next few years will have a huge lead going into an age when second layers will likely be common and every serious blockchain network will be able to claim many thousands or millions of tps on second layer. Ethereum's got the lead in some ways but EOS has recently far surpassed it in actual usage recently, there could be other contenders in the next few years, but I think the lines will be drawn in the near future as to who has the best chance to become mainstream.
coinswebid

Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 01:47:51 AM

Eos looks way too overhyped just like Ethereum was in 2017.

What many of you are forgetting are possible smart contracts for Bitcoin. If this gets done people will forget about altcoins and go with bitcoin. It will take time but it will happen and eventually bitcoin will get the best upgrades from other altcoins added as second and third layer solutions.

in my opinion, maybe a huge project with smart contracts and bring a lot of great features inside will born to beat all crypto with smart constracts
but for bitcoin i don't think so, because bitcoin is pure cryptocurrency  Wink

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀