Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:52:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IEOS are no different from ICO tricks; just an upgrade  (Read 11670 times)
sctunter

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 03:46:36 PM

the only different just there is big name of exchange market that backup their project.
if project goes scam the name of that exchange will be bad too. so we should choose wisely which exchange that hold IEO
Mrsparks

Activity: 406
Merit: 5

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 07:40:31 PM

To me the difference is great, IEOs pay lack of respect to project development, majority of the IEOs play into the hands of whales and do not encourage the participation of small time investors and lastly IEOs give room for more manipulation than the ICO mechanism.

[     I C A      |      icacoin.com      |      IEO is live on Sept 2019     ]
━ ━━━   The Revolution of Digital Advertising   ━━━ ━
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 07:57:43 PM

I have no doubts after a few observation but ieos are just an upgrade how ?

Ieos that successfully sold out on binance bittrex and kucoin, can they sold out on latoken? Or dobi trades  ?

Main focus is; in ieos hundreds get to participate , then after ieo is over; it leaves thousands of people eager to get in and be a part of the movement

This causes an upturn in price for few days; then the usual dip that follows ico token after listing takes place too

So what’s the difference exactly ??

NB: just my thoughts ; feel free to modify, suggest and contribute
The main advantage of IEOs is a certainity that tokens will be listed on that exchange and also advertising which is done by exchange marketing.

AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 07:59:03 PM

Participating in IEO's is much safer compared to ICO's and the exchanges give their due diligence to these projects. The exchanges have already verified the developers and it passed the necessary requirements before it was accepted. It is safe to say that IEO's in Binance and other reputable exchanges are legit.
Rapidgator

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 08:01:01 PM

the only difference i find between ico and ieo is that, ieos are thoroughly vetted by binance or bittrex, less chances of getting scammed. other than that they are same as ico. anyway i dont buy into these overhyped shits.
If you like it or not, these type of projects will be probably something bigger in future and many of them (better ones) is going to give very good ROI for investors.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:24:57 PM

that is exactly what i have been saying ever since ICO turned into STO and then into IEO and maybe in a little while they change the name into something different.

ALL of these things have a different name but do the exact same thing. a group of people ask you for money and give you a useless token in return. and they dump their own premined tokens and get out doing nothing more to the project they were advertising before.
whether it is run on an exchange or independently or has the name "security" in it makes no difference at all.

Yes this is the point everyone is failing to acknowledge or accept. Veriblock has concluded the sold out, and after a few bright side has successfully traded below ieo

Am keeping the projects on radar (incl BTT) to see if they will really complete the developments
Everyone just needs to continue to research and stay safe by trading smartly
Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:52:47 PM

IEOs are simply another way carefully packaged to get investors buying and investing again. They may have come with some much better packaging and presentation but they are simply no different than ICOs. Sooner or later IEOs will find themselves where ICOs is at the moment. My advice is for people to thread cautiously and be mindful of how and what they invest.
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 06:58:16 PM

The only reason why some IEO were successful in binance and kucion was because the projects are really great but then again price will still plunge when real investors gets in while tokens are readily available in the market. It does happen every time in ICO. I think this is just to cut the bounty hunters out. Right now there are still ICO while IEO also exits so both are still working.
IEO will make bounty hunter sad, good project prefer use their fund to list their projects in reputable exchanges such as binance or another exchanges.its more effective and make investors trust to their projects.

I do not think that ieos will affect bounty hunters; because Blockmason Link, publish protocol, viaz, curestoken and many other projects are doing bounties and also employing ieos crowdfunding method

So I want to believe that; bounty hunters get to promote and select the best bounties always
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:02:53 PM

I think the difference is that Exchanges before listing IEO on their exchange check ID's before listing them and some other adresses , as exchange risk reputation by listing projects on IEO's . Ofcourse it does not say that project can't be a scam , but i think its alot better than participation in ICO's Smiley
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 08:13:51 PM

IEO is an evolution of ICO. It's easier, more investor friendly and more modern if you like. That's strange that exchanges didn't create this product before and ICOs were dominating for the whole 2018 year.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 10:21:09 PM

Actually there is some sense here. IEO is just ICO in another dimension. The only big difference is that, if it's coming from a reputable exchange like Binance, Okex, Huobi, Kucoin etc, they will do proper due diligence to ensure they list a legit project, they are best at that. Now see the twist in the IEO/ICO thing 👇
Recently, some projects which already launched ICO and didn't do well, or are still struggling with ICO changed to IEO. Good examples include X-block and Gemstra. I also observed that some exchanges like LATOKEN list IEOs too much, making it look like a normal ICO thing. Even mushroom exchanges started listing IEOs Lol 😂,  it's well.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Fammosh82

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 10:30:02 PM

Conducting an initial coin offering through an exchange might sound a little safer because it addresses one key issue that plighted many an ICO; the option to sell the tokens at a later date. Coins were often sold through an ICO with only promises that they would later be available on exchanges. In some cases, tokens offered through an ICO were never listed on exchanges. So even if it's an upgrade to ico tricks,  it's still safer for investors.
darkangel

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 10:43:53 PM

Ieos that successfully sold out on binance bittrex and kucoin, can they sold out on latoken? Or dobi trades  ?

Main focus is; in ieos hundreds get to participate , then after ieo is over; it leaves thousands of people eager to get in and be a part of the movement

This causes an upturn in price for few days; then the usual dip that follows ico token after listing takes place too

This exactly represents my thoughts. I don't particularly see and differences except that in ICO, investors loose funds to project developers and in IEO, investors loose funds to exchange team who buy up the tokens and dump on members of the exchange who didn't get in. The end point is still loss for investors.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 10:50:44 PM

Ieos that successfully sold out on binance bittrex and kucoin, can they sold out on latoken? Or dobi trades  ?

This exactly represents my thoughts. I don't particularly see and differences except that in ICO, investors loose funds to project developers and in IEO, investors loose funds to exchange team who buy up the tokens and dump on members of the exchange who didn't get in. The end point is still loss for investors.

This is the very reason why you should not buy the hype surrounding an IEO project.
As everyone already observed, they were just sold in few seconds or minutes, leaving us stunned by such situation.
Who were able to buy that fast? Is there a loophole in this system? Probably yes, or probably not.
But if you are a buyer, don't buy the hype but look for more concrete reason why you should join the bandwagon.
Look for the technology that they are offering. Do they have the capability to deliver their promises?
And now, we are slowly seeing that not all IEO projects are going to be successful. Many have already dropped their price from their IEO price.
Again, we will be deceived by this new trend if we are not smart enough to tell which one is the real deal and which one is not.
darkangel

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 10:55:28 PM

Actually there is some sense here. IEO is just ICO in another dimension. The only big difference is that, if it's coming from a reputable exchange like Binance, Okex, Huobi, Kucoin etc, they will do proper due diligence to ensure they list a legit project, they are best at that. Now see the twist in the IEO/ICO thing 👇
Recently, some projects which already launched ICO and didn't do well, or are still struggling with ICO changed to IEO. Good examples include X-block and Gemstra. I also observed that some exchanges like LATOKEN list IEOs too much, making it look like a normal ICO thing. Even mushroom exchanges started listing IEOs Lol 😂,  it's well.
l

It is the problem we currently face at the moment. Every exchange wants to cash in, especially through their coin. Recently, Bilaxy launched its native token to join the frenzy. I hope they don't deface IEOs sooner than expected
Chomsy
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:10:24 PM

I do not see any difference either. Both the highly glorified IEO and ICO are the same. Right now, IEO is overhyped and abused. Soon, a different story will be heard about it.
Psynthax

Activity: 2338
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:31:16 PM

The only reason why some IEO were successful in binance and kucion was because the projects are really great but then again price will still plunge when real investors gets in while tokens are readily available in the market. It does happen every time in ICO. I think this is just to cut the bounty hunters out. Right now there are still ICO while IEO also exits so both are still working.
IEO will make bounty hunter sad, good project prefer use their fund to list their projects in reputable exchanges such as binance or another exchanges.its more effective and make investors trust to their projects.

I do not think that ieos will affect bounty hunters; because Blockmason Link, publish protocol, viaz, curestoken and many other projects are doing bounties and also employing ieos crowdfunding method

So I want to believe that; bounty hunters get to promote and select the best bounties always
that's indeed and we have seen how top network was doing something good and that was using bounty campaign too. those people are sceptical with it must try to do a lot of research. It looks like they are still feeling doubt with it and that's it. Bounty will have always needed.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1117

spinarium.com

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:54:13 PM

Well, thinking of the price in the market, it may be true, the price after IEO is over maybe quite the same with what happened to ICO. However, this crowdfunding type of IEO may also give benefit different from the ICO.
They are listing their token or coin on the certain exchange, right? When they are listing, they may also fulfill the KYC process and some regulation as regulated in the exchange.
That is why it will add the trust that their team may not be fake. Of course, it can be one of the ways to avoid scams, moreover, knowing that the coins have been listed on the certain exchange.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:59:36 PM

Yes, upgrading from a less secure ICON is safe. The point is the IEO is safer than ICO. Because Exchanger has sorted out really good projects. And our risk of losing money will be lower than ICO, which is sometimes not a listing at all on an exchanger.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 06:06:31 AM

Yes! Exactly, there is not so much difference between ICO and IEO, the only difference I can identify is that IEO are being regulated by popular exchanges that have already made name for themselves and have gotten lots of investors that might be interested in investing in this projects, though I don't see this as a very big progress but a way that exchanges can now perform a very good exist scam, I just hope that we don't experience such in the crypto space, because all hope will be lost.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: