Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:01:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 10 Best Cryptocurrency Wallets  (Read 2107 times)
Maria Dent (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:50:07 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2019, 10:21:36 AM by Maria Dent
Merited by Bitstar_coin (1), mr_random (1)

What is a cryptocurrency wallet?
A cryptocurrency wallet is a safe digital wallet used for storing, sending, and receiving digital currency like Bitcoin. Most of the coins have an official wallet or a few officially recommended third-party wallets. In order to use any of the cryptocurrencies, you will need to use a cryptocurrency wallet. Cryptocurrency itself is not “stored” in a wallet actually. Instead, a private key (secure code known to you and your wallet) is stored that shows ownership of a public key (a digital code connected to a specific amount of currency). Therefore, your wallet stores your private and public keys, allows you to receive and send coins, and also acts as a personal ledger.
More and more cryptocurrencies are evolving with a specific set of uses, and so are the wallets, but there are wallets which can store multiple cryptocurrencies, also.

1 Hardware Wallets

Hardware wallets are physical devices that store private keys offline. They are connected to the computer to sign in and gain access to the blockchain. This being offline ensures the private keys never leave the device

#1.1 Ledger Nano S

Ledger Nano S is a USB sized crypto hardware wallet which is best for most of the altcoin transactions. It is multiple asset hardware which looks like a folding flash drive. The advantage is that it can store more than 40 other digital currencies.

Paper Wallet
Paper Wallets are normal documents in the form of paper, where you can store your private keys. The software application will typically generate the keys, which can be printed using an offline printer.
#1.2 Trezor
Trezor is a hardware altcoin wallet which also acts like a USB device, which operates mainly on “Zero Trust Approach”, which cuts down the compromise by a third party. It is one of the best multiple cryptocurrency wallets as per cryptocurrency wallet reviews.
Pros: Trezor is protected by a password or a PIN and provides you with recovery seed if your wallet is lost. It’s easy-to-use interface and hack and theft free characteristic makes it fall under the top cryptocurrencies list.
Cons: It limits its communication with other devices and when the USB device isn’t connected, it’s turned off.

#1.3 Keep Key
Keep Key secures Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Dash, and Namecoin. They claim to be virus or malware proof, and assets are secured from hackers. Keep Key is a Bitcoin hardware wallet with advanced security against virtual and physical theft. Now, a lower price tag means more users can give it a try. In addition to Bitcoin, the wallet enables the storage and transaction of a variety of cryptocurrencies.KeepKey integrates with the software wallet on your computer by taking over a private key generation, a private key storage, and transaction signing.

Pros: Its top-notch security almost makes it impossible for hackers to steal the private key. It is attractive, professionally designed OLED display makes using the device easier than other similar products.

Cons: A lack of web wallet means users must add software such as Electrum or MultiBit to make use of its applications. The setup process is fairly straightforward but doesn’t allow users to save their progress.

#2 Desktop Wallets

Desktop wallets are the ones which are stored on either your laptop or desktop computers. The private keys reside on the computer’s local hard drive. These wallets are not secure like hardware or paper wallets since computers are susceptible to thefts and cyber-attacks which can lead to stolen private keys. The desktop wallet versions include Windows, Mac, Linux. Some of the best desktop wallets are Exodus and Electrum.

#2.1 Exodus

Exodus is a desktop supported cryptocurrency wallet which supports nearly three dozen cryptocurrencies including Litecoin, Dash, Zcash, Ethereum among the popular ones.

Pros: As Exodus is a lite wallet, you don't have to store the entire blockchain in your desktop.

2.2  Electrum Wallet
Electrum was initially known for supporting Bitcoin, but now it forked the Electrum wallet codebase to supporting altcoins and made some adjustments so that it becomes compatible with the Verge blockchain. Electrum Wallet is a lightweight and easy cryptocurrency soft wallet to store your cryptocurrency holdings securely

#3 Online Wallets
To be honest, Online wallets are the least secure wallet as they are owned by third parties, that store your private keys. One good thing about an online wallet is that you can access it from anywhere, from any device via the internet. Ideally, online wallets are used for regular transfers and active trading and are available in chrome and firefox versions. Guarda qualifies as one of the best online wallets.

#3.1 Guarda

Guarda is the first multi cryptocurrency wallet, that supports the most popular crypto coins and tokens including BTC, ETH (+ERC20 tokens), ETC, Zcash, Ripple, DASH, latest EOS, and other multiple altcoins. It is known to be safe and reliable and can be easily handled from any device, hence regarded as one of the best cryptocurrency wallets for all coins.
#4 Mobile Wallets
Mobile wallets are one of the most convenient types of wallet for fast and easy trading. Most mobile wallets usually have an accompanying desktop app, hence the same security rules apply here. There are mostly two versions: Android and ios. Mobile wallets are ideal for small purchases. Jaxx and Mycelium are some of the examples of mobile wallets.

#4.1 Jaxx

Jaxx is relatively a new crypto which believes in simplifying the blockchain and attracting the masses to its unique selling proposition. Jaxx is a multi-chain wallet which offers support for dozens of altcoins, namely Ethereum, Dash, Ethereum Classic, DAO, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, REP and many more.

#4.3 Infinito Wallet

Infinito Wallet is the first universal cryptocurrency wallet in the world which provides easy and fast application access with utmost security and 24/7 maintained and regularly updated gateway to the blockchain, allowing fast transactions. It also helps the user by storing the list of frequent address for hassle-free transactions and even includes messages with transactions for improved record keeping. It is available on both Android and ios devices.

Read here al the details about wallet: https://coinswitch.co/news/top-10-cryptocurrency-wallets-to-look-forward-to-2019

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nxnqauff

Activity: 840
Merit: 17

PG-PAY Gold Backed Token

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 12:00:27 PM

As of now, I will go with Leger nano S even though it is having space problem for holding lots of different coins. But team said they are working on it and will get back with good options very soon. Keeping that in mind, Its Ledger nano S is the only choice for me.

●   GOLD-BACKED TOKEN   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  First Payment Gateway To Use  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  PGPAY  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
taratorly

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 12:16:51 PM

You mentioned us that 10 cryptocurrency wallets. But you wrote here only 2! Why I should visit your blog or page? Don't create a thread like that. There is no info in it.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
Metall303

Activity: 891
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 12:21:50 PM

I believe that the choice of wallet primarily depends on the amount of assets that you have. if you have a large cryptocurrency portfolio which is equivalent to tens of thousands of dollars, then, of course, it is better to buy a ledger. This is the most optimal wallet for saving your funds.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
harrypotpot
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 02:20:25 PM

What is the paper wallet in a much detailed explanation? As I try to visualize it, I can say, it is just like MEW or My Ether Wallet where you have your private keys but the difference is only that, it was printed, what would be the advantage of it as you enter your private key manually? Does that make the situation worse?

Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 02:58:08 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2019, 11:34:09 PM by Question123

You mentioned us that 10 cryptocurrency wallets. But you wrote here only 2! Why I should visit your blog or page? Don't create a thread like that. There is no info in it.
Few wallets I saw only looking for more wallet please keep update this thread. You can add more wallets so the newbie can decide or choose what wallet they use they need to knoq the differences of each wallet and naming wallet can help to them to choose fast to store their bitcoin and altcoins. I used different kindd of wallet and I think the security is enough.
terrorJR

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 03:14:41 PM

I believe that the choice of wallet primarily depends on the amount of assets that you have. if you have a large cryptocurrency portfolio which is equivalent to tens of thousands of dollars, then, of course, it is better to buy a ledger. This is the most optimal wallet for saving your funds.

Yes, but if you keep small funds, you can simply use the address provided for free, it is also efficient, there is no big problem.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 04:22:58 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2019, 11:11:17 PM by kawetsriyanto

You mentioned us that 10 cryptocurrency wallets. But you wrote here only 2! ~snip~

You are right, it is quite funny that the title stated top 10 crypto wallets but we found only 2 wallets described on the thread. I think the content of the thread should match with the title. It is one of the basic rules for creating a new topic. So, I suggest adding more the other wallets.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 04:24:52 PM

All the wallets with private keys access are safe to use,the best can be determined by multiple coin holdings or other available features while making transactions.
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 04:27:31 PM

My favorite ofcourse is MyEtherwallet , Trezor . Never used any other hardware wallets like ledger , but looks like its same as Trezor . As long as you have your private keys and don't lose them , it should be fine .
Jackrodwell
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 05:56:03 PM

Well same here, I was actually expecting to see more information as regards other wallets,this info is not complete and need to be update, MyEtherWallet is fine with altcoins.
natka

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:04:53 PM

Well same here, I was actually expecting to see more information as regards other wallets,this info is not complete and need to be update, MyEtherWallet is fine with altcoins.

The fact is that I use MEW and this wallet is enough for me completely for all my activities, if I deal with coins of the erc20 standard. If for Bitcoin, then I use blockchain info. Of course, I have stellar, neo and eos wallets. But I use the original sites of these platforms.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 07:21:56 PM

A cryptocurrency wallet is a safe digital wallet used for storing, sending, and receiving digital currency like Bitcoin. Most of the coins have an official wallet or a few officially recommended third-party wallets. In order to use any of the cryptocurrencies, you will need to use a cryptocurrency wallet. Cryptocurrency itself is not “stored” in a wallet actually. Instead, a private key (secure code known to you and your wallet) is stored that shows ownership of a public key (a digital code connected to a specific amount of currency). Therefore, your wallet stores your private and public keys, allows you to receive and send coins, and also acts as a personal ledger.
More and more cryptocurrencies are evolving with a specific set of uses, and so are the wallets, but there are wallets which can store multiple cryptocurrencies, also.

1 Hardware Wallets

Hardware wallets are physical devices that store private keys offline. They are connected to the computer to sign in and gain access to the blockchain. This being offline ensures the private keys never leave the device

#1.1 Ledger Nano S

Ledger Nano S is a USB sized crypto hardware wallet which is best for most of the altcoin transactions. It is multiple asset hardware which looks like a folding flash drive. The advantage is that it can store more than 40 other digital currencies.

Paper Wallet
Paper Wallets are normal documents in the form of paper, where you can store your private keys. The software application will typically generate the keys, which can be printed using an offline printer.

Read here al the details about wallet: https://coinswitch.co/news/top-10-cryptocurrency-wallets-to-look-forward-to-2019
Like password managers protecting personal information is necessary but in crypto world word of "protection" can't cover the required meaning of security. Ledger nano and Trezor wallets are not the best ones in my humble opinion but we don't have so many choices.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 07:29:54 PM

I also use ledger nano s hardware wallet, and this is just a good wallet and never i had any problem with, just has a screen problem with one of device, but ledger support was very helpful, and they sent me a new device with no cost without need to send the device with problem to them.
avonka

Activity: 512

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:03:21 PM

Out of hardware wallets I vote for Ledger Nano S as it is easy to use and provides great security. Waiting for the new version Nano X which will have advanced chip and bigger  memory, will communicate via  bluetooth  and will have bigger selection of coins to be stored.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 07:28:55 AM

Well, we have so many good wallet out there and this are some of them I make use of, coinomi is a very good wallet which was created for mobile device only, I think that was done in order to bring good security for the wallet.

I have never heard of any hack carried out in the wallet and might never hear of an hack because the wallet is fully decentralized and don't need a central database to store the details of users since no details is collected, you call also make use of hardware wallet to store you coin offline especially for long term purpose.
mdenys

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 08:39:47 AM

I am not using 10 cryptowallets but I have got some experience with two such as MyEtherWallet and Ledget Nano S ,so I can surely say that both of them are very good and secured.For a short-term holding I am using more MEW ,for a long-term one - Ledger.
Jericka D Ranillo

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 08:50:54 AM

I just only use myetherwallet, trust wallet, and blockchain wallet. Using these three i guess I can hold anything or any kind of token even not an erc20 coins. Well these are safe i never experience of hacking acticities, there is no kind of bad issues about these wallet. You can assure your safety while storing a big amount of money

ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 09:51:55 AM

I am not using 10 cryptowallets but I have got some experience with two such as MyEtherWallet and Ledget Nano S ,so I can surely say that both of them are very good and secured.For a short-term holding I am using more MEW ,for a long-term one - Ledger.
Ledger must be used not only for long-term investments but simply if you have large amounts of money in cryptocurrency.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Maria Dent (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:27:26 AM

1 Hardware Wallets

#1.1 Ledger Nano S

Paper Wallet

Like password managers protecting personal information is necessary but in crypto world word of "protection" can't cover the required meaning of security. Ledger nano and Trezor wallets are not the best ones in my humble opinion but we don't have so many choices.

Cryptocurrencies have been in the limelight lately because of its market fluctuations and mesmerizing technological innovation. But to invest or trade in digital currencies, getting a cryptocurrency wallet is one of the major requisition. Without a wallet, there can be no transactions.

A crypto wallet works just like a bank account where we can store the transactions made, can use to send and receive digital currency.

As we know, having a digital wallet is not registered under the law of any country, we have to choose the cryptocurrency wallet for digitized transactions carefully. Selecting the wrong wallet might lead to your money loss.

Hence, it's very critical to understand the benefits of each of the wallets before using one for yourself
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: