Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:13:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the Veil Project Mining- Privacy without Compromise  (Read 6038 times)
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 08:27:53 AM

Guys, something very long is sync with Veil network, as it should be? And another question, is there any way to speed up this process?
Do you use daily snapshot?
https://veil.tools/docs/snapshots.html
With this snapshot my wallet sync with Veil network fast enough.
But there was a bug when you have sync it automatically through the client and then it will be stopped. I just try to uninstall and start to install my client and then just replace the data with a new one that has already got from the snapshot folder and that sync automatically.
Guys, thank you all for responding! I'll have to try the daily snapshot. And then I have constant slow loading already tired.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sh4dtechnr
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 09:59:31 AM

Guys, something very long is sync with Veil network, as it should be? And another question, is there any way to speed up this process?
I just installed the latest version of the wallet (1.0.3), before that I had version 1.0.2 and the process was really very slow. But now everything seems fine, it helped me. 
franciscoDC

Activity: 357
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 02:36:27 PM

It is best to buy what amount of veil you can afford and stake them to get reward maybe daily depending on the size of your wallet rather than going through the heart attack moments of trading, pos is more guarantee than trading, you can sell your accrual at the end of each month for passive income,
My target to purchase at least 12k veil so i can get daily reward to earn passive income. This is best option imo.
More veil more passive income and also as you said pos is much better than trading i think it was because pos is passive and trading is gambling that without knowing what will happen to your money.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 03:51:53 PM

I just installed the latest version of the wallet (1.0.3), before that I had version 1.0.2 and the process was really very slow. But now everything seems fine, it helped me. 
On Friday I tried to install this version of the wallet, did not see a significant increase in speed. Perhaps it is because of the local provider.
Pagri

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 11:38:39 PM

It is best to buy what amount of veil you can afford and stake them to get reward maybe daily depending on the size of your wallet rather than going through the heart attack moments of trading, pos is more guarantee than trading, you can sell your accrual at the end of each month for passive income,
My target to purchase at least 12k veil so i can get daily reward to earn passive income. This is best option imo.
More veil more passive income and also as you said pos is much better than trading i think it was because pos is passive and trading is gambling that without knowing what will happen to your money.

Actually both options have their advantages, and it is obvious that a good trader has a potential for profits that neither mining nor staking can offer, but taking into consideration all the potential that Veil has in the medium and long term, the important thing is to continue accumulating this promising crypto no matter what method you choose. Personally, I prefer trading first, mining second, and staking third.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
Dig Bicks

Activity: 348
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 01:27:08 AM

SCAM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg49640976#msg49640976
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2019, 04:08:11 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2019, 04:22:43 AM by libert19

I don't understand, their CMs have said multiple times that
their devs are/were affiliated with pivx, what's scammy about it?

Observing how their team works, it does not seen like a scam to me but you never know.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
superstarbtc

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 12:46:19 PM

How profitable is Veil coin mining today? There are those people here who are really independently engaged in mining this coin or mine using a pool.

If you are mining by renting a rig then it's not profitable right now but if you are mining using your own mega rig then It could be somewhat profitable.

What I am doing is mining and HODLing maybe in the future it could give me a good return.

Exactly, people who have their own mining ring will help them to make them some decent profit but people who are taking a rig for a rental will not help them to make a profit because they need to spend a lot of money for renting the rig because i have experienced it previously.
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 12:54:35 PM

Whether you already have a mining plant, large or small, or if you rent a plant from the most popular and well-known retailers, the extraction of coins is almost never profitable today, except if you have low-cost current, under $ 0.06.

With today's current values and network hashes it is worthwhile to buy Veil, and almost every other coin, directly in the exchanges.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 02:29:03 PM

I am trying to install the Veil wallet for the past 3 weeks and it is not yet completed. The rate of progress is like 0.5% per hour and now after almost one month, it is around 89% completed. The most frustrating thing is that sometimes it crashes all of a sudden and then starts from a much earlier point (like 70% or 75%) and then progress at snail's pace.
starkovblue

Activity: 966
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 03:10:05 PM

The problem with the speed in the wallet is very big. It seems to me that if we compare this with a bitcoin wallet and an attempt to load the whole chain, it becomes clear why the community speaks negatively.
Snail like a rocket is obtained compared to the download speed.

Crypto is a very unique industry, where the line between "deserves to be in jail" and "leading member of the community" is as thin as one-ply toilet paper.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 05:23:45 PM

I am trying to install the Veil wallet for the past 3 weeks and it is not yet completed. The rate of progress is like 0.5% per hour and now after almost one month, it is around 89% completed. The most frustrating thing is that sometimes it crashes all of a sudden and then starts from a much earlier point (like 70% or 75%) and then progress at snail's pace.

Your computer is very slow, mine were doing %4-5 for an hour. Also, you don't need to sync for weeks, just use a snapshot.

Here is the details (where can you find a snapshot and how to use it): https://veil.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000478708-how-to-use-a-snapshot

libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 02:17:42 AM

The problem with the speed in the wallet is very big. It seems to me that if we compare this with a bitcoin wallet and an attempt to load the whole chain, it becomes clear why the community speaks negatively.
Snail like a rocket is obtained compared to the download speed.

They know about it and pretty sure there will be light wallet in future meanwhile you can use snapshots for faster sync.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 04:11:36 AM

To anyone who is having trouble synching wallet:

Why not just use the latest blockchain snapshots that are available on their website? It's much much faster compared to the traditional in-wallet syncing process.

BINTEX