Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:15:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49]
  Print  
Author Topic: Efudd Z-Series Fuddware 2.3 -Z11/Z11e/Z11j/Z9/Mini  (Read 45450 times)
oceanone

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 02:54:00 PM

Hi,

what settings do you use on Z11?

I hava a problem with large power comsumption.

791 mhz /960 and i get 2100-2200W with 155-160 kh/s

Does anyone get better results? I have 2000W PSu so its problematic Tongue

on a new Bitmain firmware I get 135-140 kh/s and 1500W only.

These are crazy power hungry when pushed. Join the discord as others may have some views and experiences to share there in the z11 channel as well... but the trick at that point in your testing would be to see how much power you can pull back out while maintaining a given hashrate. Tuning each board may help you optimize the power draw as well.

Some folk have cheap power and don’t mind the draw, others are undervolting to maintain stock rates with lower power draw.

-j

can you post the link for the discord channel ? please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
efudd (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 08:53:08 PM

Hi,

what settings do you use on Z11?

I hava a problem with large power comsumption.

791 mhz /960 and i get 2100-2200W with 155-160 kh/s

Does anyone get better results? I have 2000W PSu so its problematic Tongue

on a new Bitmain firmware I get 135-140 kh/s and 1500W only.

These are crazy power hungry when pushed. Join the discord as others may have some views and experiences to share there in the z11 channel as well... but the trick at that point in your testing would be to see how much power you can pull back out while maintaining a given hashrate. Tuning each board may help you optimize the power draw as well.

Some folk have cheap power and don’t mind the draw, others are undervolting to maintain stock rates with lower power draw.

-j

can you post the link for the discord channel ? please.

https://discord.gg/CNmehnN

It's in my signature also. Smiley

-j

ctp9

Activity: 52
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 03:20:51 PM

Hello,

New user here. Just flashed a few test machines. Everything is working fine except the pool configuration. Awesome Miner is showing that the pool stays stuck at pools.fudd.net instead of my chosen pool.

I have stratum+tcp:// in my pool configuration and I'm using Antpool ZEC.

Advice?

Catch me on discord and/or PM me the support ID from the status page on one of your miners please and I will look into what you are seeing.

-j

Not everyone can conveniently install and/or use Discord. I'd appreciate some advice in here please.

The issue is this:

Basically any time I check on the miners via Awesome Miner - it's showing that they're mining on your pool, 80% of the time. I'm absolutely not impressed by this. Undecided

I will not trust a large farm of 100+ Z11 machines to a custom firmware that is leeching so much from me. Why is it mining your pool for most of the day??
badbart

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 04:50:07 PM

Hello,

New user here. Just flashed a few test machines. Everything is working fine except the pool configuration. Awesome Miner is showing that the pool stays stuck at pools.fudd.net instead of my chosen pool.

I have stratum+tcp:// in my pool configuration and I'm using Antpool ZEC.

Advice?

Catch me on discord and/or PM me the support ID from the status page on one of your miners please and I will look into what you are seeing.

-j

Not everyone can conveniently install and/or use Discord. I'd appreciate some advice in here please.

The issue is this:

Basically any time I check on the miners via Awesome Miner - it's showing that they're mining on your pool, 80% of the time. I'm absolutely not impressed by this. Undecided

I will not trust a large farm of 100+ Z11 machines to a custom firmware that is leeching so much from me. Why is it mining your pool for most of the day??

Don't use awesome miner, works fine without it. 
ctp9

Activity: 52
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 06:05:48 PM

What I'm trying to determine, is - how much time is being spent mining the dev fee. Seems like it's a lot; literally every other time that I checked throughout the past few days - I caught it mining on his pool.
efudd (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 07:08:00 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2019, 07:43:23 PM by efudd

What I'm trying to determine, is - how much time is being spent mining the dev fee. Seems like it's a lot; literally every other time that I checked throughout the past few days - I caught it mining on his pool.

To answer your question, the dev fee is 10 minutes out of every 290 minutes. The exception case is on first start, where it mines for you for 10 minutes, then dev fee for 10 minutes, then you for 280, then dev for 10... repeat. The "first 10 minutes to you" is so you can reasonably tune your units without incurring dev fees.

If you are seeing something different, then it sounds broken. We should probably try to figure that out.

You said: "I will not trust a large farm of 100+ Z11 machines to a custom firmware that is leeching so much from me. Why is it mining your pool for most of the day??"

Likewise, I don't want a "large farm of 100+ Z11 machines" who cannot communicate in a reasonable manner. I've offered via PM and via discord. PM goes straight to my phone. Discord goes straight to my phone. A post here, does not go anywhere and requires me to check.. which then requires a series of delays back and forth which is not productive for either one of us.

The first step to me answering "why" in your environment is to be able to look and see what is happening on the license server side. That simply requires a Support ID (status page) from one of your miners that is having an issue. From there, we can work to resolve. I strongly suggest sending that in a PM here, or via a DM on discord because it is "private to your machine".

My oldest users have now been using my firmware(s) for almost a year now. Any time there has been an issue, it has been resolved in a mutually satisfactory manner. It just requires communication.

*EDIT*: Non-dev fee options are available, if you were not aware. 0 issues reported from any users w/ a no-dev license.

Thank you,

-j

chipless

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 07:25:34 AM

*EDIT*: Non-dev fee options are available, if you were not aware. 0 issues reported from any users w/ a no-dev license.

Thank you,

-j

That's not true there have been issues reported by licensed and non-licensed users.

Some have posted here and others on your discord mostly about the miner going into dev mode when it is suppose to be a licensed miner going into dev mode too often.

Just give the guy a free license like you have others.

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
efudd (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 06:05:23 PM

Thank you,

-j

That's not true there have been issues reported by licensed and non-licensed users.

Some have posted here and others on your discord mostly about the miner going into dev mode when it is suppose to be a licensed miner going into dev mode too often.

Just give the guy a free license like you have others.

Still at it I see....

-j

chipless

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 07:30:25 PM

No not at nothing just correcting the wrong information you posted. It is dishonesty when you say there has not been no issues with paid version when in fact you know there have been. I thought you were Mr Honest when it came to users.

You have no problem hiding behind your discord making comments about me and since you block me there I chose to comment here in the open not behind your back. Just like one of your users asked the difference between your and my versions and all you tell them is mine is bullshit. You wanted a truce but then hide and do the same crap, not much of a truce. Sad thing is I have recommended to some users over mine.

efudd (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 08:26:19 PM

No not at nothing just correcting the wrong information you posted. It is dishonesty when you say there has not been no issues with paid version when in fact you know there have been. I thought you were Mr Honest when it came to users.

You have no problem hiding behind your discord making comments about me and since you block me there I chose to comment here in the open not behind your back. Just like one of your users asked the difference between your and my versions and all you tell them is mine is bullshit. You wanted a truce but then hide and do the same crap, not much of a truce. Sad thing is I have recommended to some users over mine.

*sigh*

This was received yesterday from a farm...

[2:44 PM] REDACTED: just a follow-up after a few days. your firmware is rock steady without a blip using a license....

But hey.. you are right... one time in the last year, I fucked up for about 4 hours and impacted licensed users.

Otherwise, *EVERY SINGLE ISSUE* has been a *USER* or *ENVIRONMENT* issue, not a firmware issue.

I have 0 interest in having any discussion about you to anyone, so 'bullshit' is a dismissive statement of non-interest, not an accusation.

I'm going to ask you again, to kindly go to your thread and mind your own business.

-j

chipless

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 09:25:49 PM

*sigh*

[2:44 PM] REDACTED: just a follow-up after a few days. your firmware is rock steady without a blip using a license....

But hey.. you are right... one time in the last year, I fucked up for about 4 hours and impacted licensed users.

Otherwise, *EVERY SINGLE ISSUE* has been a *USER* or *ENVIRONMENT* issue, not a firmware issue.

I have 0 interest in having any discussion about you to anyone, so 'bullshit' is a dismissive statement of non-interest, not an accusation.

I'm going to ask you again, to kindly go to your thread and mind your own business.

-j

I have stayed away except to call you out on the bs you try to claim. And again your full of it because since at least 7/28 you have had a few comments or conversations about me or my work. Anyone who follows this thread can read there have been more problems then you claim. Most of it is dev mode stuff and a lot less then a yr ago. Which randon switching into dev mode is not a user or environmental problem.

efudd (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 09:33:16 PM

*sigh*

-j

I have stayed away except to call you out on the bs you try to claim. And again your full of it because since at least 7/28 you have had a few comments or conversations about me or my work. Anyone who follows this thread can read there have been more problems then you claim. Most of it is dev mode stuff and a lot less then a yr ago. Which randon switching into dev mode is not a user or environmental problem.

Sigh.

You are making it very hard to be nice to.

-j

efudd (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 09:39:15 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2019, 10:10:50 PM by efudd

Locking thread. Please feel free to contact me via PM if you have any questions.

Services will continue to run for users, as promised, until the last miner is turned off.

I will unlock the thread if there are any major updates.

Thank you.

-j

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49]
  Print  

Jump to: