Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:48:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the Veil Project Mining- Privacy without Compromise  (Read 6038 times)
superstarbtc

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 08:37:51 AM

Today I tried to sync latest version of the wallet on Windows 10. After few hours of downloading blockchain the wallet crashed. After few attempts of starting again I stopped it. Developpers have to improve stability of the wallet.

You should rather download the blockchain they put out there for people to download. Would save you the hours of synching you were doing, much easier and much faster.

Yes, even after downloading and placing the file i don't see any improvements in Sync, we have been complaining these things from many days but still, the team is not bothering about the changes they need to do, in order improve the synchronization problem.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:28:44 AM

What actions should be taken to see the coins (which were sent to the address starting with "bv1...") in wallet?
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 10:12:09 AM

By the way (not sure it was mentioned in here already) but for those interested, CryptoChristopherWalken has released the latest H4SHR8 podcast featuring discussions about Veil. Just figured I'd mention it. Haven't yet listened to it myself but I intend to.
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 880

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 11:03:43 AM

What actions should be taken to see the coins (which were sent to the address starting with "bv1...") in wallet?

If you have sent coins to your address from the exchange or pool then no action is needed. The coins should be in your wallet. If there is nothing, wait for a while. Maybe your coins are converted to zero so you don't see them.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 05:59:39 PM

I agree that first necessary correct errors in the wallet, eliminate vulnerability Zerocoin protocol, and only then think about listing on the bigger exchanges.
Otherwise, listing on new exchanges will not have a positive effect on the price in the long term.

What errors do you mean? Some software bugs in a wallet or bugs in the blockchain? Because my wallet is working fine, also do not have problem with transactions, for me working product what needs more attention.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

What errors do you mean? Some software bugs in a wallet or bugs in the blockchain? Because my wallet is working fine, also do not have problem with transactions, for me working product what needs more attention.

He may be talking about the vulnerability that was found in ZeroCoin chain (https://veil-project.com/news/wallet-1-0-3-0/)

But don't worry now because they have temporarily patched the issue in 1.0.3 update but for now, the wallet is not anonymous AFAIK.

BINTEX

Powered by,
GREENch

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 11:08:20 AM

If you have sent coins to your address from the exchange or pool then no action is needed. The coins should be in your wallet. If there is nothing, wait for a while. Maybe your coins are converted to zero so you don't see them.
The coins were sent to my wallet, but they are not displayed there. That's why I asked this question. If I understand you correctly, then additional manipulations in the wallet are not required?
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 880

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 12:12:04 PM

The coins were sent to my wallet, but they are not displayed there. That's why I asked this question. If I understand you correctly, then additional manipulations in the wallet are not required?

In the console, see what the getbalances command shows. If the coins are not visible you should ask for help in the discord. There are a lot of commands in a certain order to find coins.
Pagri

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 06:40:05 PM

Veil needs to be listed on bigger exchanges to bring an attention to this project. Is there any announcement that some big exchange will list Veil?
I know about recent listing on Hubi. But it doesn´t help enough with the attention and trading volume.

It is the common mistake crypto people does. We are not seeing much product so the only way for a coin to get more value is listed on a bigger exchange. Like, 0.13$ right now listed on idax 0.20$, listed on kucoin 0.30$, listed on binance and it is 1$. But the product didn't change price only pumped because it listed somewhere else. And it will return to current price because it is the same coin.

We need development, maybe some partners for steadily price grow. Not some listings for quick pumps. And then we can be listed on a better exchange of course for better liquidity.

I agree with you. I have collaborated in different projects with an interesting growth potential and many newbies believe that the basis for a certain token or cryptocurrency to reach a high value is to be listed in a recognized or high volume exchange like Binance, which is totally false. And that is why continuously this and all other exchanges have to purge the listed tokens because due to lack of development or loss of interest of investors, they end up becoming failed projects.

That is why the basis of a real and sustainable growth of any project consists in an adequate development, in satisfying the expectations for which it was created and an important promotion work.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
nightl

Activity: 686
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:35:00 PM

I also agree that first of all we need is changes and specifically - wallet. Now we have to download the entire blockchain and this is a problem. In addition, block headers are not constantly displayed (at least for me) and I need not only open the wallet to update the blocks, but also look for snapshots, download it and check my wallet.
This is often annoying and should change before the project goes public.
quality.crypto

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 05:14:28 AM

In the console, see what the getbalances command shows. If the coins are not visible you should ask for help in the discord. There are a lot of commands in a certain order to find coins.

Commands are not important firstly, how to rectify the synchronization problem even after placing the latest file the wallet showing as Unknown. Syncing Headers. I have been facing these type from the past one week, keep on downloading the file and placing.
basicnecromancycr

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 07:29:10 AM

I have enormous fate in Veil project but I have to satisfy with staking right now.
starkovblue

Activity: 966
Merit: 270

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:50:54 AM

Commands are not important firstly, how to rectify the synchronization problem even after placing the latest file the wallet showing as Unknown. Syncing Headers. I have been facing these type from the past one week, keep on downloading the file and placing.

Problems are present if sent from the wallet to full synchronization. You just have to wait until all the blocks are loaded and then you will see everything.
If nothing happened, then it is better to ask the admins in pm with screenshots.

Crypto is a very unique industry, where the line between "deserves to be in jail" and "leading member of the community" is as thin as one-ply toilet paper.
GREENch

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 04:01:33 PM

Guys, if I understand correctly - I need to wait for a full synchronization, and no need for other action!?
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 04:08:28 PM

I also agree that first of all we need is changes and specifically - wallet. Now we have to download the entire blockchain and this is a problem. In addition, block headers are not constantly displayed (at least for me) and I need not only open the wallet to update the blocks, but also look for snapshots, download it and check my wallet.
This is often annoying and should change before the project goes public.
- downloading entire blockchains: that's never been a problem. Download a snapshot it you want to have it done quicker.
- "before the project goes public": it's been public since Jan 2nd. If you're gonna spam to get your postcount for the bounty, at least make sure you get your facts right.
Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 04:48:52 PM

Veil is indeed a great coin to mine. There have been so many positive reviews about this project and I think every miner should give it a try. Its mining difficulty is very minimal so even new miners can start mining it. And the tools provided in this post too can be of tremendous help. Thanks buddy

naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 09:38:18 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2022, 10:30:29 AM by naska21

I have
superstarbtc

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 10:17:34 AM

I have finally solved the puzzle that  has been troubling me the last two moths, i.e. the  increase of CPU temperature  (almost up to limit)  during a run of  Veil sync.  The dried up thermal paste that's what did it. After paste replacement temp's  fell down ~20 - 25 degrees.

Every day i am doing the same thing placing the new file but i am facing the same problem with the synchronization. Even i don't see the coin which is transferred to my wallet, what was the solution to sync my wallet?
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 10:29:17 AM

Make sure your wallet is fully synched to the blockchain even if you are not mining veil and you must download whole of blockchain to able see your balance on your wallet.
Im always updating my wallet anytime to make it always sync to the blockchain. After you have synched your wallet and your balance will be automatically showed.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 01:25:58 PM

Veil database is very big for a relatively new blockchain. I know they are working on the lite wallet but we always need a regular wallet for staking.

So i hope at some point they do something to reduce database size.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: