Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:54:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Greed is bringing loss for traders  (Read 16042 times)
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 06:36:57 PM

Stop trading. Few traders actually profit from trading. And those who can not earn it will look for different reasons to justify their failures.
It is part of our life, some will earn and some will lose but we will have to think wise and stay patient, trades will have to stay very careful while investing as we know price change is the nature of the crypto but we will have to take it as an advantage and never lose our money for sake of miner profit, let be holder and trade for long term

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Isiaka208
Copper Member

Activity: 411
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 06:44:19 PM

Like I'll always say, reduce greed while taking position and also reduce the greed when taking profits. This is the line and average trader doesn't know how to draw. For now, it is difficult to lower the risk completely, the only way out for now is regulations.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 07:17:35 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 08:21:32 PM by royalfestus

There is no problem for me, greed must be there, but that's where people have to know about the risks that are being faced at the moment, to be honest I'm shocked at this price drop.
Seriously, everyone in this space has a level of greed which we just need to control. The appetite had come from some anxious trade that we found to have been hasty. Sometimes we need to decide on a good profit and move out to get another pursuit. Holding some coin till now would have been a mistake e.g bitboost, wings, sonm etc. whereas holding BNB wont have been greed. Above all we need to get a lot of education on any token we decide to hold and decide a good time for exit when it looks like it hit another ATH
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 07:53:01 PM

Greed is the peple nature, so the only thing we can do with it is always keeping in mind that fixing the positions is one of the most important rules of each successful trader.
asbak66
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 08:11:53 PM

It's very important to have good intuition on trading.
Many people fall cause they're too greedy with profit, in the end they lost cause of  their greedy mind.
It's better to set estimated profit do you want to get and out when you reach the target.
Never all in your fund to trade, if you're not ready to lost all of them
Set the profit do you want from each time you trade. It's gonna save you from lost.

Ifemini

Activity: 690
Merit: 12

There are consequences for every action

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 08:22:35 PM

The latest episode for green can be termed to bchsv hodlers
The token had a significant bull session and instead of investors getting their profits first
They all re invested; now in eager to know the fate of the investors

Crypto currency is really unpredictable
gendang_cinta

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 08:29:20 PM

Greed is the peple nature, so the only thing we can do with it is always keeping in mind that fixing the positions is one of the most important rules of each successful trader.
sometimes we really have to bet a lot to get big profits but in my opinion that should be done if we really believe in coins or there are good opportunities.
so in my opinion everything depends on the conditions, but indeed the best investment is not a little not much because the investment is full of risks.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 09:23:18 PM

Yes you are right.. Greed is bad in every platform in the life. I used to be too much greedy and made some big mistakes in 2017 and i will never forget about it. I bought LISK coin from $3 and the price reached $32 in couple of months and i was stupidly greedy and never exchange them.. I wanted earn more and more.. Slowly LISK lost its value and i couldn't able to sell them.. Today LISK price is $1.94.. I am not selling them because it reminds me my mistakes and i would never do some kind of mistake again..
CryptoCoinArbitrage

Activity: 485
Merit: 12

$WPP $HyFi https://hyfi-corp.com/

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:18:21 PM

This is why it is good to determine your profit targets in advance and stick to your trading plant. Taking of the profit is crucial for a successful trader.
campusnet

Activity: 481
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:23:33 PM

This is why it is good to determine your profit targets in advance and stick to your trading plant. Taking of the profit is crucial for a successful trader.

you are right, we have to set our target at the beginning, because we cannot continue to do so by obeying our greed. indeed sometimes if we see a good market, we certainly have the desire to trade longer for greater profits.

rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:32:05 PM

Naturally, traders come to crypto currency with a loyal and considerate mindset
Which is to make profits from 1% - 50%

I.e a trader of 100$ investments wishes to get 150$ (50$ profit). But when the bull spikes comes in; instead of cashing out their profit, Begins to imagine building mansions and suddenly wants to hodl to 3000$

When they wake up the next day and are left with 25$; they say altcoin is shit, that is shit

What can be done to ease greed amongst investors ??

Actually is normal for the traders because the effect of high volatility of each coins they trade, they can't avoid that scenario if gonna get luck and with good analysis get also earning not loses and of course trading is almost same from the gambling investing have a minimal risk before they can earn profits.
dungp3132

Activity: 274
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:39:44 PM

There is no problem for me, greed must be there, but that's where people have to know about the risks that are being faced at the moment, to be honest I'm shocked at this price drop.
Seriously, everyone in this space has a level of greed which we just need to control. The appetite had come from some anxious trade that we found to have been hasty. Sometimes we need to decide on a good profit and move out to get another pursuit. Holding some coin till now would have been a mistake e.g bitboost, wings, sonm etc. whereas holding BNB wont have been greed. Above all we need to get a lot of education on any token we decide to hold and decide a good time for exit when it looks like it hit another ATH
When greediness occur, investors and traders often lose control of their orders, then they tend to make instant decisions without careful investigation and search on their interested projects. Most of times when they turn into greedily investors, they have higher risks to lose their money with their wrong, emotional decisions. It is not right all times, but most of times, greediness will cause losses.
campusnet

Activity: 481
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:40:15 PM

Actually is normal for the traders because the effect of high volatility of each coins they trade, they can't avoid that scenario if gonna get luck and with good analysis get also earning not loses and of course trading is almost same from the gambling investing have a minimal risk before they can earn profits.
trading requires more skills from traders, not the same as gambling. risky indeed this market is full of speculation, almost the same as gambling but different, even buying and predicting also depends on our luck in choosing assets.

endogan

Activity: 415

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:44:40 PM

you are right, we have to set our target at the beginning, because we cannot continue to do so by obeying our greed. indeed sometimes if we see a good market, we certainly have the desire to trade longer for greater profits.
but our desires without us knowing it will bring us to lose everything because we are greedy and too want a lot of profit.
You have to set enough targets and don't overdo it, so if the market has gone up and you have got enough profit with your target, you have to sell it.
if you continue to hold back because you want to get more profit, you can lose because market movements can change at any time, yes if the market goes up and if the market goes down a lot you will lose and of course you will regret it.

spydee1522

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:54:34 PM

personally, i dont consider this to be greed on part of traders, to be considered an investor or trader in this market, you have got to take risk some point in time. risking for the sake of wanting more cant be classified as greed. i took a risk, lost and do i become greedy on that? a big no.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
halpi

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 11:57:50 PM

naturally, greed brings loss for everyone, dont know a person who won because of greed Grin
speaking about traders, everyone knows it but this is a human nature we are greedy sometimes it is hard to stop

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
robaya

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 12:10:03 AM

naturally, greed brings loss for everyone, dont know a person who won because of greed Grin
speaking about traders, everyone knows it but this is a human nature we are greedy sometimes it is hard to stop
when we trade and get profits and the market is still good, that makes it difficult for us to stop, and greedy for greater profits. we can lose moments at any time, we must be careful and keep our ambitions.
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 01:33:11 AM

Greed is bad psychology for daily traders. When we reach our daily target, better stop trade and make analysis for tommorow because price fluctuation very high. But its different if we are plan for long term, we will ignore market movement
That’s true, we experience this during trading when we earned it’s kinda hard to stop to take profit. But let’s figure out, the more you cater for more profit sometimes it will leads to greed and leads to lose also. Set a goal to earn profit during trading.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 10:25:43 AM

I can not say that it is bad, but I can not say that it is very good. It seems to me that everything depends on what goals you set for yourself. Sometimes you need to be greedy to achieve something. And sometimes not, depending on the situation.
Uncertainty is a very bad thing. You never know about the output of your trading by being greed which is way too risky. Having said that, I think that neither greed nor aggressive should be relied on fully.

One should have a good plan, a set pf precise analyses and only then trading could be profitable. This is just for trading crypto which is not very easy. My opinion about greed in other businesses is different. Yes, there is a very little difference between greedy and being ambitious. I will not say no trader should be not greedy but the level of greed must be based on our analysis and must be within achievable range.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 11:01:26 AM

Naturally, traders come to crypto currency with a loyal and considerate mindset
Which is to make profits from 1% - 50%

I.e a trader of 100$ investments wishes to get 150$ (50$ profit). But when the bull spikes comes in; instead of cashing out their profit, Begins to imagine building mansions and suddenly wants to hodl to 3000$

When they wake up the next day and are left with 25$; they say altcoin is shit, that is shit

What can be done to ease greed amongst investors ??
I agree with you buddy too much greed can make your investment reality worst, honestly i was already experience it during the 2017-2018 Bullrun. like you said instead of being contented of what i have earned I choose to gamble more and waking up ending only my capital with no gains and my profit was gone. and because of those experience im waking up and im avoiding it to be happen again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: